Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-6 - N Returns! Operation: Rescue Braviary!! [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    N needs to catch it so he can fly around on one. Would make sense since Unova is the USA and Braviery is an eagle. Eagle means freedom and N is freeing Pokemon.
    Oh get over it, eagles aren't solely found in the US, and there are quite a few more countries that use, or used the eagle as a symbol.. Nazi germany for instance.. Totally stood for the american sense of freedom if you catch my drift..

What has the united states got to do with this anyway? I don't get it.. You think that Braviary is only used because an eagle "in america" represents freedom to some? And THUS is relevant to the plot? Why put the US in that sentence anyhow.. It would be perfectly fine if you just wrote: To some, eagles represent freedom, so it is fitting for N to rescue one from slavery/plasma. The US has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

Unova is based on the geography of New York City, not the United States.. Yes, there are some influences of American culture, and Castelia City is based on NewYork, but that doesn't equate Unova = usa.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Trust me it won't end till Unova ends lol.
    Or a bit before that.. Like, in 20 episodes or less..
    Last edited by Locormus; 30th January 2013 at 4:19 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Oh get over it, eagles aren't solely found in the US, and there are quite a few more countries that use, or used the eagle as a symbol.. Nazi germany for instance.. Totally stood for the american sense of freedom if you catch my drift.. Forcing children to take a pledge each morning, how's that freedom?

What has the united states got to do with this anyway? I really don't get it.. You think that Braviary is only used because an eagle "in america" represents freedom to some? And THUS is relevant to the plot? Like really? Why put the US in that sentence anyhow.. It would be perfectly fine if you just wrote: To some, eagles represent freedom, so it is fitting for N to rescue one from slavery/plasma. The US has absolutely nothing to do with this issue, yet people feel the need to make a halfbaked connection for some odd reason.

And Braviary isn't named Wargle in Japan for no reason.. If Braviary represents the eagle used by Americans, then you can tell what the creators feel about that judging by the name.. Freedom my butt..

Yeah.. Eagle = America is a shoddy association.

Unova is based on the geography of New York City, not the United States.. Yes, there are some influences of American culture, and Castelia City is based on NewYork, but that doesn't equate Unova = usa.
    What in the world? Did Kokatsu's one small comment about America, Isshu, eagles, and Wargle really set off your berserk button?

Yes, Isshu is based on America, not only New York. PokeWood = Hollywood.

Though I think his theory sounds plausible and makes sense, I especially like seeing Wargle get screentime.

Still so much unneeded fighting and argumenting here. -_-

Anyways. 'N Returns'? Does that mean we won't see him again until this episode? I originally hoped he would be in nearly all episodes. D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Yeah, agreed. Let's kill this negativity, it turns the community into a drab.

Admittedly I'd love to see N with a Wargle if the episode is about him saving it, it wanting to go with him but him being against owning Pokemon. Though what chance does N have against a Habunake and Zangoose. Which is why I think Satoshi-tachi will save him or something or he'll be skewered. Getting saved by a Gym Leader would be cool though, Shizui specifically since they should be near his city again. Plus we didn't see enough of him as a whole.

It's a trick N playing the nice guy even pretending to fight TP but he will turn out to be working with near the end of season and every one will be like omg I did not see that coming but I will you cant fool me Pokemon writers your not that great at it.
    Last edited by jdgjordan; 30th January 2013 at 2:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post

Admittedly I'd love to see N with a Wargle if the episode is about him saving it, it wanting to go with him but him being against owning Pokemon. Though what chance does N have against a Habunake and Zangoose.
    Indeed, I've had a hard time having fun commenting here when all most people do is fighting/looking into the future/trolling/etc. It shouldn't be that hard to just be nice to eachother and whatnot. But sorry, this is off topic~

I would actually love it if we see N getting a new Pokémon from time to time here, all injured and then saved by him. In the end, he might have 6 Pokémon and and finds out that they truly wanna stay with him and that owning Pokémon isn't all bad. Or something like that. Though, I doubt it.
    Also, I wonder how he managed to get away from Sevgoose when they were clearly knocked down~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post

Anyways. 'N Returns'? Does that mean we won't see him again until this episode? I originally hoped he would be in nearly all episodes. D:
    well we know he's not in this weeks or next weeks ep. He might have an appearance at the end of the flossey ranch ep though but his next proper appearance will be here

Though I think his theory sounds plausible and makes sense, I especially like seeing Wargle get screentime.
    Well..........tenuous association either way Can't argue with Locormus' points, after all, a Pokemon's a Pokemon, nothing more.

N is evil people he just tricking every one to think he is good to let there guard down why cant no one see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    N is evil people he just tricking every one to think he is good to let there guard down why cant no one see it.
    Just like the Meowth arc. I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe he'll decide to change and become good when Ghesis tries to destroy Ash or whatever.

My ideal battle ever!

Oh no he is not.
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnycupcakes View Post
    Oh no he is not.
    Love has blinded you (insert corny anakin skywalker/padme scene here)

What in the world? Did Kokatsu's one small comment about America, Isshu, eagles, and Wargle really set off your berserk button?

Yes, Isshu is based on America, not only New York. PokeWood = Hollywood.

It didn't set off my berserk button.. He made some pretty bold claims, and I replied in bold fashion. 'Unova = USA' is a bold statement. I argumented that the geography is based on NYC, and that it has some influences from American culture. That's something totally different to say then flat out 'Unova = USA'.. There's no Miami in Unova, there's no New Orleans in Unova, there's no Sanfransisco in Unova, there's no St.Louis in Unova, etc. Conclusion: 'Unova = USA' is too bold of a statement.

Where the USA = Unova argument even came from just baffles me. Because it is a bold statement to make eitherway, but especially since it didn't contribute anything to the argument. Apparently, an eagle connotates the meaning of freedom, and N is saving an eagle, that's poetic. I can agree to that within that context, but why suddenly an issue of Braviary = American culture/nationalism (which is basically what he/she did with the Unova = USA-bit) got added into the mix is mindblowingly odd because it is an entirely different argument at all, and even then doesn't make any sense..

Part of me disliking Braviary is because some people appropriated the bird as a symbol of American dominance in the pokemon franchise. I'm not kidding.. I've literally seen phrases such as 'Finally a bit of 'americana' in a pokemon game!'... You have an awesome pokemon, and then the rednecks come come down from Georgia and spoil it..

PokeWood is based on Hollywood, it isn't the same. Hollywood is more then just two buildings you know..

Admittedly I'd love to see N with a Wargle if the episode is about him saving it, it wanting to go with him but him being against owning Pokemon. Though what chance does N have against a Habunake and Zangoose. Which is why I think Satoshi-tachi will save him or something or he'll be skewered. Getting saved by a Gym Leader would be cool though, Shizui specifically since they should be near his city again. Plus we didn't see enough of him as a whole.
    Yeah, excuse me for countering a bold statement with a bold reply.. If you can't handle that, it ain't my problem, but don't go on rambling about 'killing negativity' when all that has been said is just a critical reply. I'm not the boogeyman that imposes culturalnationalism on a pokemon/region..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

It didn't set off my berserk button.. He made some pretty bold claims, and I replied in bold fashion. 'Unova = USA' is a bold statement. I argumented that the geography is based on NYC, and that it has some influences from American culture. That's something totally different to say then flat out 'Unova = USA'.. There's no Miami in Unova, there's no New Orleans in Unova, there's no Sanfransisco in Unova, there's no St.Louis in Unova, etc. Conclusion: 'Unova = USA' is too bold of a statement.

Where the USA = Unova argument even came from just baffles me. Because it is a bold statement to make eitherway, but especially since it didn't contribute anything to the argument. Apparently, an eagle connotates the meaning of freedom, and N is saving an eagle, that's poetic. I can agree to that within that context, but why suddenly an issue of Braviary = American culture/nationalism (which is basically what he/she did with the Unova = USA-bit) got added into the mix is mindblowingly odd because it is an entirely different argument at all, and even then doesn't make any sense..

Part of me disliking Braviary is because some people appropriated the bird as a symbol of American dominance in the pokemon franchise. I'm not kidding.. I've literally seen phrases such as 'Finally a bit of 'americana' in a pokemon game!'... You have an awesome pokemon, and then the rednecks come come down from Georgia and spoil it..

PokeWood is based on Hollywood, it isn't the same. Hollywood is more then just two buildings you know..
    So, you're that bothered that there's a Region in Pokemon based on America? Seriously, just take a chill pill.

Unova is based on America, specifically New York. Nintendo confirmed it so that's that.

Yeah, excuse me for countering a bold statement with a bold reply.. If you can't handle that, it ain't my problem, but don't go on rambling about 'killing negativity' when all that has been said is just a critical reply. I'm not the boogeyman that imposes culturalnationalism on a pokemon/region..
    Kokatatsu's one stray comment about Wargle representing America spawned a long post from you, I think that show you clearly have a problem with America for some weird reason. Which is why I said that the negativity should stop since it's blatantly ridiculous to get so angry regarding the basing of a region from Pokemon an idea someone threw out in the thread. Almost ridiculous as the constant comments of "sexism" in BW.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 30th January 2013 at 7:26 PM.

UN= United. OV= Of. A= America. Unova is the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileTheBanana View Post
    UN= United. OV= Of. A= America. unova is the usa
    Don't some people look too into that part? That's its English name. I agree with Locormus. It seems to be based off of New York, but not the entire country.

Oh get over it, eagles aren't solely found in the US, and there are quite a few more countries that use, or used the eagle as a symbol.. Nazi germany for instance.. Totally stood for the american sense of freedom if you catch my drift..

What has the united states got to do with this anyway? I don't get it.. You think that Braviary is only used because an eagle "in america" represents freedom to some? And THUS is relevant to the plot? Why put the US in that sentence anyhow.. It would be perfectly fine if you just wrote: To some, eagles represent freedom, so it is fitting for N to rescue one from slavery/plasma. The US has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

Well concidering people are still talking about Lucario -.-.....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileTheBanana View Post
    UN= United. OV= Of. A= America. Unova is the USA.
    United of America? LOL.

I definitely saw Eagles in India. It makes so much more sense to me now, if the Unova Region = New york State.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Braviary is a cool Pokemon, it be pretty awesome if it battled here and took out both Zangoose, and Seviper. Just to get another decent showcasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Don't some people look too into that part? That's its English name. I agree with Locormus. It seems to be based off of New York, but not the entire country.
    Oh yeah. Oops forgot that part

New York City = IN the United States of America, so trying to say that Unova / Isshu isn't based on the USA is kind of silly. New York City and New York state fall under the jurisdiction of the United States, there's no wiggling out of that, and it's not coincidence that a red, white, and blue colored tribal eagle was designed for a generation where a region is modeled after the US.

I think Seviper and Zangoose are used by a male grunt.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

I said before but in the world of pokemon every one in the entire world is Japaneses even the charters that have like British or French accents why do you think think we never seen a war break out like against Kanto and Johto case even tho they have different names they are all ruled by one government Satoshi/Miyamoto administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    I think Seviper and Zangoose are used by a male grunt.
    A preview already confirmed that.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast