Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was there anything you liked/enjoyed about the league?

Default Was there anything you liked/enjoyed about the league?

So the league has ended. Bashing started. Now let's feast our eyes on more positive stuff.

Were there any parts of the league that you truly enjoyed?

My favourite episode was when Axew got lost. IMO the other battles were so rushed that this was the only episode I truly enjoyed. It's mainly because of the Bianca x Virgil moments (Bianca and Virgil watching fireworks together was the cutest thing I've seen since sliced bread mated with butter).

Were there anything you liked about the league? I like the fact that Bianca was shown to develop from a rookie to a trainer who beat all 8 gym leaders of Unova. Still not happy how she lost to Kotetsu (chew)

Discuss. Remember: Like not hate!
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 13th January 2013 at 2:20 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I liked the battle against Stephan.That's pretty much it.

I couldn't find anything I actually liked... It was too rushed and unnecessary at the moment, he should have trained his Pokemons more and actually go far in the league...
    RandomOne

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOne View Post
    I couldn't find anything I actually liked... It was too rushed and unnecessary at the moment, he should have trained his Pokemons more and actually go far in the league...
    A pessimist's opinion actually.

I liked Axew Gets Lost episode. The writers did a good job at hinting us with Bianca X Virgil. Even in the end, she tries to share some ice cream with him. They were very subtle in showing that, and written cleverly so that non-believers can argue back. It's basically 'You interpret what you want to interpret'

Battle wise I liked Ash Versus Stephan. Despite the popular hate on the fact that Leavanny was robbed of a win, I still like the desperate last man with type disadvantage standing and then Ash change the tide in the last minute with Aerial Ace.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    A pessimist's opinion actually.

I liked Axew Gets Lost episode. The writers did a good job at hinting us with Bianca X Virgil. Even in the end, she tries to share some ice cream with him. They were very subtle in showing that, and written cleverly so that non-believers can argue back. It's basically 'You interpret what you want to interpret.
    Shipping is good and all, but outside of that and the few league announcements, the whole "Axew Gets Lost" episode felt like a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment. It was just a weird episode and really served no purpose other than to give an excuse to skip some rounds of battle that we would've actually enjoyed to watch. In a nutshell, the whole Unova League felt more like another overglorified Don Battle Tournament. The only battles that we really saw were ones against rivals, and that is stale at best.

umm stephan battle
    and no TEAM ROCKET DO SOMETHING UNIMPORTANT IN THE LEAGUE , I RATHER CHOSE AXEW POINTLESS FILLER THEN THEY APPEAR

Pretty much all of it. the axew episode was a little dull but I liked everything else

Ash vs Stephan was a pretty good battle.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

Kotetsu, and Dento growing mushrooms again. 'Nuff said.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I disliked pretty much everything about this league.

Trip not getting a full battle, that annoying idiot Kotetsu winning only because of his Riolu evolving, Ash not getting the chance to battle Virgil, pretty much all of it. I guess Ash vs Stephan was decent, but I didnt like how Leavanny didnt get to beat Sawk instead of OP Krookodile (who pretty much became a beast that couldnt lose anymore after reaching his final form, he was useless before that)

Everything, it was literally the best league ever, which isn't surprising considering best wishes is the best saga ever! WOO!
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    , that annoying idiot Kotetsu winning only because of his Riolu evolving
    Hey, the way I see it is that's how Burgh, Clay and Skyla feel. :P

I liked how close Ash's and Kotetsu's battle was. Could have gone either way really.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Hey, the way I see it is that's how Burgh, Clay and Skyla feel. :P

I liked how close Ash's and Kotetsu's battle was. Could have gone either way really.
    Heh yeah, I guess this arc was really full of bull crap evolution-at-the-last-second victories. xP

As far as I can remember, the previous arcs werent this bad when it came to gym evolutions.

Also, it wasnt really close when you think about it. Kotetsu didnt bring a 6th Pokemon to the match, I believe. And his Hydreigon was powerful enough to nearly sweep half of Ash' team by itself. It was only somewhat 'close' because Kotetsu sent out a Ferrethorn against a Pignite and Swanna against Pikachu (seriously, how did this guy get a Hydreigon? He's stupid as hell)

Kotetsu, and Dento growing mushrooms again. 'Nuff said.
    That explains why dento is always out there, it's the mushrooms, and it also explains why kotetsu is slow :P
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    That explains why dento is always out there, it's the mushrooms, and it also explains why kotetsu is slow :P
    Lol it doesn't mean that, it's a joke meaning to "sulk in a little pit of woe."

.-...mainly trip getting kicked out early (round 2 would of been better) and the lack of knowing who's gonna win.

Stephan's battle was good as well. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Lol it doesn't mean that, it's a joke meaning to "sulk in a little pit of woe."
    LOL, i thought they were actually making mushrooms
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    LOL, i thought they were actually making mushrooms
    have you watch ouran high school host club? XD

Tamaki and cilan have the same voice actor, and tamaki is where the "growing mushrooms" joke came from.

...Its a hilarious series, though I haven't watched all of it. Think of Cilan as the Tamaki of pokemon, just not spoiled. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post

Tamaki and cilan have the same voice actor, and tamaki is where the "growing mushrooms" joke came from.

...Its a hilarious series, though I haven't watched all of it. Think of Cilan as the Tamaki of pokemon, just not spoiled. xD
    Damn, i'm so irrelevant.

I'd love for cilan to add it in someday "if he hasn't already" just because it would suit his character.. somehow.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post

LOL! OHHH! I didn't know they had the same seiyuu! It makes a lot of sense then. XD

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Shipping is good and all, but outside of that and the few league announcements, the whole "Axew Gets Lost" episode felt like a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment. It was just a weird episode and really served no purpose other than to give an excuse to skip some rounds of battle that we would've actually enjoyed to watch. In a nutshell, the whole Unova League felt more like another overglorified Don Battle Tournament. The only battles that we really saw were ones against rivals, and that is stale at best.
    That's the problem with you. The way you see the Axew episode is wrong. It is a filler between the League, but how different is it from a filler before or after the league? It is not. The Axew Gets Lost shouldn't be blamed for the Unova League to be crappy. The writers could have written the league damn well and still have this episode.

Axew Gets Lost is an entertaining (not amazing) episode and actually felt more like a League episode (with all the amazing festivities). A very good league which ranges for a span of 7-8 episodes will become excelllent with a filler like this. The league is not just about the battles, it is about the festivities also.

So yeah, don't blame the Axew Gets Lost episode for the league to be crappy. If anything, blame any of the other crappy fillers in the rest of Best Wishes if you want.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

A few minor things:

-The intro flashback of Gym Battles
    -Pikachu's Electroball/Irontail combo against Serperior
    -Ash vs Stephan
    -Ash vs Cameron (Pikachu vs Lucario inparticular)
    -Ending flashback of Ash's Unova Journey

What I liked is:

- Ash vs Stephan
    - Lucario vs Pikachu
    - the quality of the animation

Nothing else, unfortunately.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

no, i can't find anything really. The battles were nothing special, and there wasn't anything that we haven't seen before. The rivals were treated poorly. It felt more like this was don tournament instead of a league. Most of it was rushed and Ash losing to a noob, compared to how he battled paul and tobias, makes this possibly the worst league ever. If there is anything that i liked was that team rockets wasn't there, and that filler episode was ok. Maybe not the appropriate time to showcase it, but i didn't mind it.

The World God Only knows

The only part I enjoyed was when it ended.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast