Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-7 - The Pokémon Gulf Coast Relief Corps!! [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Oh that makes sense as last time they took a boat from Iccirus to Virbank.
    Not really Icirrus City. They were close to the shore in an anime city only when they took the boat but yes in that general area.

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3975815.jpg

Probably nothing new, but still.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Oh my god!

CHIBI ROCK LEE!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Oh my god!

CHIBI ROCK LEE!
    Lol it's so sad when a partially cut off naruto ad gets more attention than the pokemon episode on a pokemon board.

But this is a random filler to pad time before Charizard so I can't really blame you.

Hum....that's quite a uniquely designed character of the day. In particular I like how the whole crew wears those red scarves. Miruhog seems to be using, what I think is, Bulk Up and is doing some type of weight training. It looks like Futachimaru is stronger though. Despite Miruhog being a pretty bland Pokemon in my eyes, I like this one because it seems to have an entertaining personality and seems to be the dork of the group without it being overly-flanderized like it is with someone like Cabernet or Bel. So, I guess the Water-types take care of the fires while Miruhog looks out for them? Miruhog's role seems so point and useless in-comparison to the other members of the Relief Corps which I guys spawns into Miruhog being treated like a loser and ultimately saving the day at the end. Didn't originally notice Koromori had learned Hidden Power when I first saw the preview, guess that went over my head.....I actually don't care/don't mind, at least it learned something. I'm glad TR are intermixing their Pokemon together. As indicated by the "Miju Miju, Mijumar~" at the end of the preview I guess Mijumaru will be the main use Pokemon of this episode like Kairyu was in the Denryu episode. I don't mind, I actually would like to see him learn a new move if possible. Ditching Tackle for something new would be cool.

Also from the summary a while ago we know Mijumaru will help out with his Hydro Pump, we also know that apparently N will be concerned for Miruhog and say something about it not liking its job iirc? I don't mind if N has a minimal role in this episode, no point in putting him in episode where he won't be heavily relevant. Though I could see his view being effected immensely when he sees how Miruhog changes throughout the episode from a bit of a buffoon to a more confident and competent Pokemon. TR probably shows up in the end to steal Futachimaru which leads to Miruhog saving the day perhaps? Oh, well. N, seeing Miruhog and Futachimaru, Mijumaru, and the somewhat interesting Relief Corps members will make this episode entertaining for me depending on how the events play out. Futachimaru is my favorite member of the Mijumaru line, it actually exemplifies what I think a samurai should look and act like with the whole "Discipline Pokemon" title and looks nimble and speedy. These collectives factors will hopefully make this an entertaining little break episode from the intense one we recently got and then we can hop back into the action after this.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 22nd February 2013 at 6:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Hum....that's quite a uniquely designed character of the day. In particular I like how the whole crew wears those red scarves. Miruhog seems to be using, what I think is, Bulk Up and is doing some type of weight training. It looks like Futachimaru is stronger though. Despite Miruhog being a pretty bland Pokemon in my eyes, I like this one because it seems to have an entertaining personality and seems to be the dork of the group without it being overly-flanderized like it is with someone like Cabernet or Bel. So, I guess the Water-types take care of the fires while Miruhog looks out for them? Miruhog's role seems so point and useless in-comparison to the other members of the Relief Corps which I guys spawns into Miruhog being treated like a loser and ultimately saving the day at the end. Didn't originally notice Koromori had learned Hidden Power when I first saw the preview, guess that went over my head.....I actually don't care/don't mind, at least it learned something. I'm glad TR are intermixing their Pokemon together. As indicated by the "Miju Miju, Mijumar~" at the end of the preview I guess Mijumaru will be the main use Pokemon of this episode like Kairyu was in the Denryu episode. I don't mind, I actually would like to see him learn a new move if possible. Ditching Tackle for something new would be cool.

Also from the summary a while ago we know Mijumaru will help out with his Hydro Pump, we also know that apparently N will be concerned for Miruhog and say something about it not liking its job iirc? I don't mind if N has a minimal role in this episode, no point in putting him in episode where he won't be heavily relevant. Though I could see his view being effected immensely when he sees how Miruhog changes throughout the episode from a bit of a buffoon to a more confident and competent Pokemon. TR probably shows up in the end to steal Futachimaru which leads to Miruhog saving the day perhaps? Oh, well. N, seeing Miruhog and Futachimaru, Mijumaru, and the somewhat interesting Relief Corps members will make this episode entertaining for me depending on how the events play out. Futachimaru is my favorite member of the Mijumaru line, it actually exemplifies what I think a samurai should look and act like with the whole "Discipline Pokemon" title and looks nimble and speedy. These collectives factors will hopefully make this an entertaining little break episode from the intense one we recently got and then we can hop back into the action after this.
    Good point.

While I can see why people will instantly write off or laugh at the thought of Oshawott evolving, I think the writers never gave Oshawott an everstone episode, because I can't simply see any of Ash's pokemon having them. I think it will evolve in another saga like Cyndaquil or something, when there will be other generations when Oshawott isn't necessary. But alas, I stopped caring.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post

While I can see why people will instantly write off or laugh at the thought of Oshawott evolving, I think the writers never gave Oshawott an everstone episode, because I can't simply see any of Ash's pokemon having them. I think it will evolve in another saga like Cyndaquil or something, when there will be other generations when Oshawott isn't necessary. But alas, I stopped caring.
    My post never implied I think Mijumaru will evolve or have anything close to evolving in this episode. :I I was just saying how good it would be for it to get some screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    My post never implied I think Mijumaru will evolve or have anything close to evolving in this episode. :I I was just saying how good it would be for it to get some screentime.
    the only part I was referencing you was for the "good point". The rest was just my opinion, and overall statement is in regards to the other postings about Oshawott and evolution.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Is it just me thats annoyed by the fact that by the time this episode airs we will have had 5 episodes where the only Pokemon of Ash's that appear are Pikachu, Oshawott and Snivy? Why the heck give Ash a team with 10 Pokemon on it if you're going to ignore over half of them!? Why does Oshawott have to appear here just because there's a Dewott (its not like the silly writers will allow it to evolve)? Why did Pikachu have to be the one to battle in yesterday's episode? Wouldn't it have been far more interesting for EVERYONE if Palpitoad had battled? Time and time again the writers have made lazy, silly decisions.

It should go without saying that there should virtually NEVER be an episode where Pikachu is the only of Ash's Pokemon to appear. There is simply no excuse not to have each of Ash's 9 Unova Pokemon appear every 18 episodes, that's one every other episode.
    Last edited by naughtynun; 22nd February 2013 at 9:33 AM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Are you guys serious? Dewott will never happen folks. Do we need another everstone ep just to seal the deal once and for all?
    Yeah, I kind of want to see an Everstone episode for Oshawott.

Not saying he'll evolve into a Dewott but it'd be interesting to see anyway, like Oshawott could throw his scalchop to cancel out the evolution for awhile but still needs it. :O

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I'm really looking forward to this episode, it seems fun.

Especially excited to see Dewott. It's my favourite member of the unova starter lines, and we haven't seen nearly enough of it

Well N is gonna be concerned about the pokemon.
    Yep. Typical N.
    Im so watching this coz if N's in. Im in.
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Are you guys serious? Dewott will never happen folks. Do we need another everstone ep just to seal the deal once and for all?
    Maybe Oshawott will evolve one day. I wouldn't count that out just because of constant Dewott appearances from other COTDs or rival characters.

My ideal battle ever!

Yes we do, just so the people will get over it lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Thank you for spilling some delicious truth tea. I actually kind of wish the writers would stop showing Dewott all the time. It's getting to the point where it just seems like they're teasing people, which is kind of rude. But yes, I think it's quite clear at this point that "Ash's Dewott" isn't happening, at least not in BW and hopefully never in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yes we do, just so the people will get over it lol.
    I'm sure some people would still cling to their notions even with official confirmation. I guess Oshawott's seiyuu's comments weren't enough.

But yeah, this episode. I can't really say much about it. I mean I don't care much for Dewott, but it seems to be one of the few interesting aspects of this episode. Well, along with the Watchog I suppose. I just don't really get why we need yet another filler in Episode N when we already know that it was never meant to be a long arc in the first place.

The anime makes the Oshawott line look pretty bad, and it exchange it makes the Snivy line pretty good. The Tepig line is...pretty nonexistent.

The anime makes the Oshawott line look pretty bad, and it exchange it makes the Snivy line pretty good. The Tepig line is...pretty nonexistent.
    Not sure what you mean, Tsutarja can't seem to win most of her tough battles without means of Mero-mero. She gets the least screen-time of all the starters of Satoshi's team and has had a stagnate moveset and power-level pretty much all her run. Though I agree Shooti's Jalorda did sweep the whole Junior Cup on his own and was only beaten by a Champion and later on Pikachu at the league.

Satoshi's Chaobu got two wins in the Isshu League, one of which was against a very strong Dragon, Bel had an Emboar that took her far in the Donamite and has been her only real competent Pokemon so far, Before evolving Pokabu was used a fair amount, we got an episode focused on Emboar and Pokabu evolving and battling, Nonomi had a Pokabu as her starter. Pokabu line seems more than existent imo.

Correction on the Mijumaru part, Mijumaru might lose some battles and be made out to be buffoon-ish but still the Pokemon itself doesn't seem treated badly at all imo. He got quite a lot of notable wins early on, got some development, and Kotetsu's Daikenki starred against Shizui too.

Smash Preview
    - The Water Pokemon put out a training fire.
    - A fire starts at the Complex.
    - N talks to Watchog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lFVxFLjt9g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpbAer-g41w
    Last edited by playerking; 24th February 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Tepig's line is boring to me, but they seem to get the most praise. Snivy's line is indifferent, though Ash's doesn't feel all that good anymore. And Oshawott's line is the butt of the joke. The best treated member of the line is Dewott through, and you all will get a kick out of this, Burgundy. Not only did her's have a solid mix of moves, it put up a great fight against Excadrill (and really should have won that match to be honest).
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Tepig's line is boring to me, but they seem to get the most praise.
    I know right? We all thought that Tepig would be the most underrated Starter when BW started, but look where it is now. Ash's Pignite got so much screen-time at the Unova League and will probably get more before this saga is over. Still, it's not all good news; Ash's Tepig/Pignite was responsible for the worst rated episode of the anime. But at least that shows that it's a balanced Pokemon with both good aspects and bad aspects.

Anyway, did the new preview really show anything new? It seems like we already knew everything that it showed, although that bit with N was interesting. Not surprising given how N bonds with every Pokemon, but it's nice to see that he's still getting some attention even in a filler episode. Nothing else caught my interest though. Just more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I know right? We all thought that Tepig would be the most underrated Starter when BW started, but look where it is now. Ash's Pignite got so much screen-time at the Unova League and will probably get more before this saga is over. Still, it's not all good news; Ash's Tepig/Pignite was responsible for the worst rated episode of the anime. But at least that shows that it's a balanced Pokemon with both good aspects and bad aspects.

Anyway, did the new preview really show anything new? It seems like we already knew everything that it showed, although that bit with N was interesting. Not surprising given how N bonds with every Pokemon, but it's nice to see that he's still getting some attention even in a filler episode. Nothing else caught my interest though. Just more of the same.
    N's the only part of this episode I am interested in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    In your opinion. I can't at you Dewott stans acting like it deserves red carpet treatment. It lost because it wasn't better than Excadrill so get over it.
    Oh look Excadrill stan here.

Is there anything interesting to this ep whatsoever? I haven't paid much attention to it.

Oh look Excadrill stan here.
    Goodbye. I'm over people questioning everything about iris and her pokemon. The disrespect is beyond pathetic.

Is there anything interesting to this ep whatsoever? I haven't paid much attention to it.
    You didn't hear? Oshawott will get inspired by Dewott and evolve soon. The skies will then open and every pokemon on the planet will worship Dewott for the perfect specimen it is.

Goodbye. I'm over people questioning everything about iris and her pokemon. The disrespect is beyond pathetic.
    What? You insult dewott and then get mad when others question your prized excadrill? I like it as much as the next person and have swept many a team with it while it was legal but it still shouldn't have disgraced dewott like that. Anime=/=games

You didn't hear? Oshawott will get inspired by Dewott and evolve soon. The skies will then open and every pokemon on the planet will worship Dewott for the perfect specimen it is.
    Okay, does that mean Ash is now a pokemon master?

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    急げ!ポケモン湾岸救助隊!!
    Hurry! The Pokémon Gulf Coast Relief Corps!!

Summary: "A Miruhog acting as lookout for the Relief Corps will play an important role!"

NEW (February 7):

Having reached Virbank City, Ash and his friends watch the Pokémon Gulf Coast Relief Corps practice. But then, a fire breaks out at the Virbank Complex nearby.
    I think it seems like a pretty similar set-up to how Squirtle helped out the Wartortle and Captain Aidan in Orange Islands. I'm curious about this episode.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast