Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-7 - The Pokémon Gulf Coast Relief Corps!! [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    More like the Hurricane Katrina episode.

But there's nothing funny about natural disasters imo. I wonder why the writers chose an episode title that mentions a real place. Like, are we going back to the Kanto days when places like Hollywood were mentioned and visited? Granted, the anime's Hollywood was just some city in Kanto, but it's still weird that they've gone back to that.
    As long as it didn't happen in Japan, they're pretty okay doing it from elsewhere...

Okay, this is totally not true, but the Gulf Coast? Where did they suddenly go to? Are they still in southwest Unova?

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Pokemon golf course...oh wait that's gulf coast, well that sounds interesting too. Not really sure what to expect, but I like that Watchog is acting as lookout, that's what it's called after all; the "Lookout Pokemon".
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Since Virbank City is no where near Aspertia or Flocessy in the anime, the writers probably filled that gap of area with some kind of relevance and called it a Gulf Coast, since it does sort of look like a gulf.

I know this may be asking for too much, but I seriously hope Thundurus/Tornadus or Kyogre has a role in this.

Because Gulf Coast Relief Groups almost always have something to do with natural disasters that have to do with the huge amount of water. Plus, it'd be cool to see Kyogre again, or see the Alternate Formes for Thundurus/Tornadus again.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Pokemon golf course...oh wait that's gulf coast, well that sounds interesting too. Not really sure what to expect, but I like that Watchog is acting as lookout, that's what it's called after all; the "Lookout Pokemon".
    Look out! It's a Watchog, you know how powerful those things are!

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Because Gulf Coast Relief Groups almost always have something to do with natural disasters that have to do with the huge amount of water. Plus, it'd be cool to see Kyogre again, or see the Alternate Formes for Thundurus/Tornadus again.
    I'd like that. It could be like Celebi or Deoxys being in BF, and EN is giving me BF vibes. :3 But, there's one problem. They would need the mirror to change formes.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Do you believe that this Braviary is to a trainer ? I know Team Plasma likes to steal other people their Pokémon.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Do you believe that this Braviary is to a trainer ? I know Team Plasma likes to steal other people their Pokémon.
    Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Look out! It's a Watchog, you know how powerful those things are!
    Only Lenora's Watchog is a threat. The rest are pure garbage.

What's up with all these Rescue Squads. With all these Rescue Squads you would think that Team Plasma would have already been taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Only Lenora's Watchog is a threat. The rest are pure garbage.
    That's the truth tea.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    What's up with all these Rescue Squads. With all these Rescue Squads you would think that Team Plasma would have already been taken care of.
    I know right? I don't understand how Unova could be crawling with rescue squads yet still be the region where Team Plasma and Team Rocket are thriving. And what's with the lack of police? Unova is messy, which is why I wanted this arc to take place somewhere else, but we're stuck with the anime's version of New Orleans. Oh well, at least there's Mardi Gras.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    While this episode sounds unique, I still have to ask "Why?" What possible purpose could this episode serve in the series?

I honestly could not see why this would ever be considered non filler.

There is just nothing that would point to this having any relevance. Not even if N was in it.
    "As Ash and co reach the Gulf Coast, they see a Watchog on the lookout. Apparently, this Watchog belongs to the Gulf Coast Relief Corps and is looking out for emergencies. Ash and co are interested and head to the headquarters. Meanwhile, Team Plasma are shipping pokemon in their boat along the coast. Watchog sees this and alarms the headquarters. The relief corps heads out! Can our heroes stop Team Plasma?!?

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    It feels like an episode focusing Watchog should fit in the early days of BW. But I'm okay with Watchog starring in an episode.
    I'm honestly getting a headache from this post..

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    I always wanted this saga to have fillers, so I really hope this episode will be a truly filler episode.
    What.. The.. Troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Omg, why is the summary so vague? I mean anyone could have deduced that the Watchog would play an important role. Ugh, I hate fillers like these, and yes, I'm willing to bet that it is a filler. On the bright side, this doesn't seem to be about Virgil, which is good. I didn't want to see him again so soon after his League slayage.
    Thank god no Virgil, though I still think that Ash will battle him at the end of this series.. They need to let Ash leave Unova with a good fight. What better then to let him beat the league winner with his newly acquired 6th Gen Eeveelution?

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    This made my day. I love this. xD I do hope we get more information soon, though. I can't believe all we know is there is an important Watchog. >.>
    And even that's unsure, all we know is that a Watchog is on the look out.. Which is what they tend to do anyhow.. Yes, 'important', but looking out for something is always played over the top..

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Are they gonna put Poke- New Orleans in Unova or something? Lets see where this gulf coast is.
    Nah, they're obviously talking about the Arabian Gulf Coast.. They need to put Camerupt in this series! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'm still kind of sad about it. Marlon should have been tougher. (>.<) Or they just wanted to show off Kotetsu's strength.
    I'm just glad that his Samurott got to take something down without a hitch.. Samurott definitely got the short end of the stick, considering what Serperior and Emboar got to fight, and how the wins and losses add up:

Serperior:
    - Darmanitan: Win, impressive
    - Heatmor: Win, impressive
    - Crustle: Win, impressive
    - Pignite: Win, unimpressive
    - Bouffalant: Loss, impressive though
    - Pikachu: Loss, off
    Emboar:
    - Conkeldurr: Win, impressive
    - Bisharp: Win, impressive
    - Sawk: Loss, even.
    - Watchog: Win, unimpressive
    - Samurott: Win, unimpressive
    - Riolu (HAX): Loss, miserable
    Samurott:
    - Mantine: Win, impressive
    - Escavalier: Win, unimpressive
    - Emboar: Loss, miserable
    - Pignite: Win, unimpressive
    - Pikachu: Loss, miserable

Interesting, in retrospect, both Samurott and Serperior have beaten Pignite and have been beaten by Pikachu..

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    my rank is cooler volkner ftw

Even though some episodes cannot technically be called a filler they were so boring they might as well be. Example would be the N episode.

So basically

Filler
    Technical Non filler
    "
    Non filler
    Filler
    Technical Non filler
    Filler.
    BWn1:
    - Nonfiller: Debut of James' Amoongus, and Jessie's Frillish, and N. Ash sets off on a trip to the White Ruins.
    BWn2:
    - Nonfiller: Speaking debut of N, Jessie's Frillish revealed to have Shadow Ball.
    BWn3:
    - Nonfiller: Gamecharacter Cheren appears and has a gymbattle with Ash.
    BWn4:
    - Nonfiller: Gamecharacters Achroma, Handsome and Neo Team Plasma appears and has a confrontation with Ash, Looker and Team Rocket.
    BWn5:
    - Not enough information
    BWn6:
    - Nonfiller: Development of the N/Neo Team Plasma Plot
    Bwn7:
    - Not enough information

I don't see the point of referring to BWn1 as filler.. If anything, then N appearing would make it a 'TNF' in your book as well.. Yes, you may have found it even more boring then BWn2, but it still holds the same technicalities, and even more based on Team Rocket debuting new pokemon.

But, in the scheme of reducing this arc to its core, which should be Team Plasma and N, then we can use a different method: Which episodes are necessary to grasp the full understanding of the plot: So far:
    - BWn1: Ash and co set off to the White Ruins - This is critical to the plot concerning Episode N as we know thus far.
    - BWn2: N's debut.
    - BWn4: Obviously
    - BWn6: Obviously

I wouldn't call BWn3, BWn5 and BWn7 fillers (yet), but for as far as we know, they don't add to the plot of Episode N, when contributing to the Plasma plot. IF Cheren does indeed end up playing a more intrinsic role during the arc, then it obviously needs to be included in the above four episodes. If BWn5 has no Plasma, but has something else such as Crustle/irrelevant pokemon learning a new move, then it can be skipped when trying to get an overview of the critical moments in the Plasma arc.

As long as it didn't happen in Japan, they're pretty okay doing it from elsewhere...

Okay, this is totally not true, but the Gulf Coast? Where did they suddenly go to? Are they still in southwest Unova?
    I don't know either.. It's completely weird though.. There aren't really places left that look like they could have a coast, unless they move the island from route 18 and morph that into a coastline.. Think about it, Watchog can be found there, and so are Tropius and Carnivine, giving it a sort of subtropical feel, almost like the Mexican Gulf Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Since Virbank City is no where near Aspertia or Flocessy in the anime, the writers probably filled that gap of area with some kind of relevance and called it a Gulf Coast, since it does sort of look like a gulf.

I know this may be asking for too much, but I seriously hope Thundurus/Tornadus or Kyogre has a role in this.

Lol! Beached Kyogre/Wailord-plot for the win! Free Kyogre!!! *Que Michael Jackson song with epic gospelchoir* Hummmmmmmmmmmm hum hahum hummmmm YEAHEAH!*

That or some poor Farfetch'd/Ducklett/Piplup covered in an oilspill.. :P

The Kami's definitely had their fair share of animé time. They technically got four episodes dedicated to their revival.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I was kind of hoping he who must not be named from the league would never appear again, boy I hope a lot of you are wrong.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I was kind of hoping he who must not be named from the league would never appear again, boy I hope a lot of you are wrong.
    Why do people think Cameron will appear? Because Watchog is here? I doubt it.

I really hope the dub does not ban this ep or something crazy. It is bad enough the Plasma attacking the tower will be cut most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Why do people think Cameron will appear? Because Watchog is here? I doubt it.
    I think he was talking about Virgil. Not Camoron.

Now she has a problem with Virgil? Why? Because he won the League. We saw that coming ever since the Eevee episode was announced.

Unless she's talking about Voldemort when she says he who must not be named. But why would people be against Voldemort?

No no, I was talking about Camoron, hes my least favorite rival of the league and series ever!! Even beats Trip, by a long shot. I hope he never appears ever again!!

edit;

Why would people be against Voldemort?? WhatXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

No no, I was talking about Camoron, hes my least favorite rival of the league and series ever!! Even beats Trip, by a long shot. I hope he never appears ever again!!
    Oh...

Oh, okay then. Don't worry. I hate his guts. As a Lucario trainer myself, his sight sickens me. You're not alone in that.

edit;

I was joking because if you have read the Harry Potter series, they don't call Voldemort, "he who must not be named" and when you said that, I thought of Voldemort but then I figured you couldn't have meant Voldemort because why would you be against Voldemort appearing in Pokémon? XD

Normally I would love Voldemort to show up but I shudder to think what BW mode writers would have done to him.

Coasts can be found anywhere in Pokemon. Probably north or west of Aspertia.

Oh...

Oh, okay then. Don't worry. I hate his guts. As a Lucario trainer myself, his sight sickens me. You're not alone in that.
    Yes, so many things wrong with that kid, I'd like for him to fall off a cliff.

Oh, Ha Thats a joke of mine Pokemaniac24, I call him that cuz I can't even say his name without wanting to punch him. People were so afraid of Voldemort they couldn't say his name, fun.
    I wouldn't be against him appearingXD

edit;

Voldemort doesn't have a nose.

Wow so much Cameron hate

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Voldemort doesn't have a nose.
    Avada Kedavra. How dare you make fun of my master the Dark Lord. Noses aren't needed when you're the greatest wizard of them all

It could be awesome if Marlon appear in this episode being part of the coast guard corp and in the end e battle Ash...with only Drayden left to be battle!!

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast