Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-7 - The Pokémon Gulf Coast Relief Corps!! [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Woobat used a new move?

And it's goddamn Hidden Power. A move we see almost every other episode and is shared with two other main cast members.

Whoop-dee-friggin-doo....
    ... *facedesks*

Oh, why writers? Emolga and Amoonguss already have that move. Couldn't you give it Heart Stamp or, if you really wanted a spherical attack, Psyshock?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if its last move is Attract. :/
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    ... *facedesks*

Oh, why writers? Emolga and Amoonguss already have that move. Couldn't you give it Heart Stamp or, if you really wanted a spherical attack, Psyshock?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if its last move is Attract. :/
    Writers?

Writer X - Hey animator X we want to give Woobat a new move!
    Animator X - Ok Hidden Power.
    Writer X - Why? we gave that to Ammongus already(or you did).
    Animator X - Because we have stock footage and its easy to animate it that way(trolling grin).
    Writer X - **** off.

Fans - **** you raiterz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Writers?

Writer X - Hey animator X we want to give Woobat a new move!
    Animator X - Ok Hidden Power.
    Writer X - Why? we gave that to Ammongus already(or you did).
    Animator X - Because we have stock footage and its easy to animate it that way(trolling grin).
    Writer X - **** off.

Fans - **** you raiterz.
    Pretty much this. Oh, well… at least it used something different. *shrugs*
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Wow. Just wow.

Woobat
    - Gust
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power

Frillish
    - Bubblebeam
    - Shadow Ball
    - Mist
    - Psychic

Yamask
    - Shadow Ball
    - Night Shade
    - Haze
    - Will-o-wisp

Ammongus
    - Body Slam
    - Stun Spore
    - Hidden Power

Woobat is still the least diverse. It feels like the new Unfezant. Oh well at least it was something new for her. (yes I'm assuming her Woobat is female).

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    It's a bit redundant to say this now, but I don't think we know the "rules" on what classify's as important in certain situations.
    We do. And it's irrelevant to "situations", the role is all that matters. If an actor voices a recurring character in an episode, it takes priority over non-recurring ones. More important recurring characters take priority over less important ones. The amount of lines voiced as a character, or that characters role in the episode, has no input of this. Mika Kanai could voice Deathmas for 10 minutes straight in an episode, but if she also says a single syllable as Emonga, the credits list will read "Mika Kanai: Emonga". Since that's a more important character.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Woobat
    - Gust
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power

Frillish
    - Bubblebeam
    - Shadow Ball
    - Mist
    - Psychic

Yamask
    - Shadow Ball
    - Night Shade
    - Haze
    - Will-o-wisp

Ammongus
    - Body Slam
    - Stun Spore
    - Hidden Power

Woobat is still the least diverse. It feels like the new Unfezant. Oh well at least it was something new for her. (yes I'm assuming her Woobat is female).
    well at least woobat has finally learnt something.

I don't mind hidden power being used but i think what should've happened is that the type of each pokemon hidden power should be revealed. It would make it seem less tiresome if for example 1 of the hidden powers triggered flash fire or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    well at least woobat has finally learnt something.

I don't mind hidden power being used but i think what should've happened is that the type of each pokemon hidden power should be revealed. It would make it seem less tiresome if for example 1 of the hidden powers triggered flash fire or something like that.
    What they should have done was make Hidden Power be a clear sphere with a smaller colorful sphere inside and have the sphere correspond to the type. Basically how it's animated now except replace the green with see-through and the lime green with whatever type color.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    What they should have done was make Hidden Power be a clear sphere with a smaller colorful sphere inside and have the sphere correspond to the type. Basically how it's animated now except replace the green with see-through and the lime green with whatever type color.
    yeah i like it that could definatly work.I think that if it was clear that each of the hidden powers was different typed it would seem much less repetative.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    yeah i like it that could definatly work.I think that if it was clear that each of the hidden powers was different typed it would seem much less repetative.
    But then they'd be in trouble because every sphere attack will look even more redundant..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

UGH.

After watching the preview to this, there has been absolutely NO excuse not to evolve Oshawott this saga. Dewott is clearly just as marketable as Oshawott and Oshawott's Hydro Pump attack was easily animated onto Dewott.

I don't understand why they haven't evolved him. Ash has enough unevolved Pokemon this saga, enough to make his team look weak and ultimately made him look too weak for the League.

You could argue that Snivy could evolve too (although personally to me Snivy's given me the Bulbasaur vibe so i don't feel she needs to evolve, ontop of that she's stronger than Oshawott) but yeah that's true anyhow.

Scraggy, he was only just born so i don't think anybody expected him to evolve until the tail end of the saga.

Oshawott... there's just been no reason not to evolve him however marketable he may be. Dewott clearly still represents that marketablity and i'm ashamed of the writers for not seizing the opportunity.

Woobat with Hidden Power went straight over my head, wasn't really paying much attention to that. Well I'm glad it's getting a new move, regardless if it's used a lot and whatnot. And yay, Yamask is back, I was hoping for Yamask and Frillish though, maybe next time.

Summary makes it sounds like N will be focused on a little here, having him more exposed to the wonderful world of using Pokemon to help the world and whatever.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

It looks like energy ball to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    UGH.

After watching the preview to this, there has been absolutely NO excuse not to evolve Oshawott this saga. Dewott is clearly just as marketable as Oshawott and Oshawott's Hydro Pump attack was easily animated onto Dewott.

I don't understand why they haven't evolved him. Ash has enough unevolved Pokemon this saga, enough to make his team look weak and ultimately made him look too weak for the League.

You could argue that Snivy could evolve too (although personally to me Snivy's given me the Bulbasaur vibe so i don't feel she needs to evolve, ontop of that she's stronger than Oshawott) but yeah that's true anyhow.

Scraggy, he was only just born so i don't think anybody expected him to evolve until the tail end of the saga.

Oshawott... there's just been no reason not to evolve him however marketable he may be. Dewott clearly still represents that marketablity and i'm ashamed of the writers for not seizing the opportunity.
    Marketabilty has nothing to do with a Pokemon not evolving. It's the writers own desicion, not marketable as everyone claims it;s the case. And just becuase his team lost in the League, doesn't make them weak, they made it to Top 8. So being ashamed of a child's anme writers is being really immature.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    It looks like energy ball to me!!
    its not. it looks exactly like emolgas hidden power. It's a different shade to energy ball

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    its not. it looks exactly like emolgas hidden power. It's a different shade to energy ball
    But hidden power is a multiple green spheres...woobat using just one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Marketabilty has nothing to do with a Pokemon not evolving. It's the writers own desicion, not marketable as everyone claims it;s the case.
    I've always said this, but everybody claims it's down to marketability that it's just better off agreeing.

And just becuase his team lost in the League, doesn't make them weak, they made it to Top 8.
    I never said his team WAS weak, they just LOOK incredibly weak. I said this before the League even started so you can't blame it on his placement of the Top 8. If you'd seen me post around the League time, you'd know that despite Ash regressing i still defended the fact that the Top 8 is a good place to be in the League. He can't always improve and he still did better than most trainers will ever get.

I'm talking about his team. His team looked incredibly weak for the League, and without trying to bash or even justify my reasons, Oshawott is weak and it can be seen by his battle record.

So being ashamed of a child's anme writers is being really immature.
    You can't call me immature when we're all the ones watching a childrens cartoon.

There's nothing wrong with it, but i have every reason to be annoyed if somethings been written sloppy. The anime being targeted at children is no reason to be lazy when it comes to writing.

I am getting so sick of Hidden Power, its like the BW version of DPs Iron Tail. Not only dose Hidden Powers animation look rubbish compared with how it use to look, but it also looks near identical to Energy Ball. So if they must consistantly use the move then can't they atleast acknowledge that each Pokemon knows a diffrent typed version of it and change its colour to match?

Emolga - Dark Green = Dragon
    Amoongus - Blue (same as James Hair) = Water
    Woobat - Purple (same as Jessies Hair)= Poison
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    But hidden power is a multiple green spheres...woobat using just one!!
    I've seen it both ways. some pokemon create one sphere some create multiple

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I've always said this, but everybody claims it's down to marketability that it's just better off agreeing.

I never said his team WAS weak, they just LOOK incredibly weak. I said this before the League even started so you can't blame it on his placement of the Top 8. If you'd seen me post around the League time, you'd know that despite Ash regressing i still defended the fact that the Top 8 is a good place to be in the League. He can't always improve and he still did better than most trainers will ever get.

I'm talking about his team. His team looked incredibly weak for the League, and without trying to bash or even justify my reasons, Oshawott is weak and it can be seen by his battle record.

You can't call me immature when we're all the ones watching a childrens cartoon.

There's nothing wrong with it, but i have every reason to be annoyed if somethings been written sloppy. The anime being targeted at children is no reason to be lazy when it comes to writing.
    Just becuase you are annoyeed things didn't go your way doees not mean you shouldn't point fingers at the writers, claiming them 'Lazy and sloppy'. I know sloppy, this isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Just becuase you are annoyeed things didn't go your way doees not mean you shouldn't point fingers at the writers, claiming them 'Lazy and sloppy'. I know sloppy, this isn't.
    Obviously, you haven't been on Serebii for a whole year yet, but if you'd known me for the past 2 and half that i've been here, you'd realise that i'm quite fair with the writers and can accept a lot of things they do.

However, Best Wishes has done a lot of things in ridiculous ways and i'm not the only person to say so. A lot of people have complained at this saga as a whole, not just me.

So Woobat gets a new move?... I thought this episode was just a boring filler, which seemed weird as it would have been the only episode in the episode N arc to be classed as a boring filler, but Woobat's new move saves it from doing so

I kinda wish this was Woobat's episode to evolve, I'm surprised it hasn't evolved yet I mean. Frillish seems powerful enough, and James has one fully evolved Pokemon so perhaps Woobat should be Jessie's fully evolved.

Quick question, this episode is set in Virbank City - Complex right?, I wonder if Ash will make his way to Lentimas town etc

Lol she finally gets something and it's Hidden Power?? Oh well, better then nada...

At least we know they still have Woobat and Yamask still lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I can't believe Woobat gets Hidden Power. It became a lame move. What about Psychic type move like Confusion? Or maybe it's about time to debut Heart Stamp?
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol she finally gets something and it's Hidden Power?? Oh well, better then nada...

At least we know they still have Woobat and Yamask still lol.
    Easy to animate balls of light ahoy.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Easy to animate balls of light ahoy.
    And people still try to convince me the animators aren't lazy lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast