Thread: Make up your country as a Pokemon region?

Default Make up your country as a Pokemon region?

The topic say it all, Imagine if your country is like a Pokemon region like Kanto. Make up yourself a pokemon region by using your country's territory. Don't to forget to choose 8 cities and towns from your country that have a gym(and some small towns, like pallet town), landmarks, famous places, forests, routes(you can put numbers if you don't know the name),etc.. If you don't feel that your country doesn't make to sense at all, well try to use a country do you like.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

A region based on Ancient Egypt ( although I don't live in Egypt) would be cool. You can start in a small town which is centered by an Oasis. The biggest city would be one which is built around a huge pyramid. That city would also have a giant Sphinx like thin ( it could be statue of that region's legendary ). Those builds could have a big gym and also serve as the place of commerce and trade.
    A big river like the Nile could divide the region like Mt Coronet divides Sinnoh. I don't think this region would have many forest but it would have many deserts and a big cave where you could gather precious stones from for cash.
    Also the champion could be a pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    A region based on Ancient Egypt ( although I don't live in Egypt) would be cool. You can start in a small town which is centered by an Oasis. The biggest city would be one which is built around a huge pyramid. That city would also have a giant Sphinx like thin ( it could be statue of that region's legendary ). Those builds could have a big gym and also serve as the place of commerce and trade.
    A big river like the Nile could divide the region like Mt Coronet divides Sinnoh. I don't think this region would have many forest but it would have many deserts and a big cave where you could gather precious stones from for cash.
    Also the champion could be a pharaoh
    Gym Cities:

Port Said
    Alexandria
    Suez
    Giza
    Mersa Metrouh
    Cairo
    Luxor
    Asyut
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Brazil would be a nice region with the giant rain forest, lot of rivers, swamp area in the center, a beach in the east, snowy plains in the south and a desert in the north.

Australia would make a good region. Largely desert, except when it's green mountainous forest. Street crime barely controlled by corrupt authorities. Easy access to abandoned mines and equipment. Entire cities underground because it's too hot to live on the surface. Massive stadiums everywhere while health and education go unfunded.

The more I think about it, the more it sounds like Colosseum.

Gyms would be in:

Perth (Steel)
    Darwin (Ground)
    Brisbane (Grass)
    Adelaide (Fire)
    Sydney (Water)
    Canberra (Normal)
    Melbourne (Dark)
    Hobart (Ice)

Non-Gym towns:

Fremantle (starting town)
    Port Hedland
    Sunshine Coast
    Newcastle
    Geelong
    Alice Springs (Elite Four)

I'm not sure sure I really CAN make a region out of my state (country is a bit too large-scale, in the US's case), since I live in New York and what would normally be the "big city" of the region, New York City, already has its OWN region. I do think that the Hawaiian islands could make a nice region, as could the general Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean area. A two-island region consisting of England and Ireland could be interesting too.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

If I were to make Philippines a region, oh my gosh! Its gonna be tough balancing it out. So much diversity in cultures and references. From what I know so far, my land is like the dominating land of the coral triangle in Southeast Asia

Pokeversion: Filines Region

This region was a region with an unidentified pat due to turmoil from other regions like Sinnoh and Unova that invaded the country centuries ago. Thus, this region is recently making an identity of its own. This a region that has a huge political mess where villains are doing pointless rallies for pointless change of the governmental rule. Poverty is everywhere excluding the major cities of the region.

Locations of the Gyms.
    1st Gym - Baguio City (Luzon)
    2nd Gym - Dagupan City (Luzon)
    3rd Gym - Metro Manila (NCR, Luzon)
    4th Gym - Zambonga Del Norte and Zambonga Del Sur (Mindanao)
    5th Gym - Davao City (Mindanao)
    6th Gym - Cebu City (Visayas)
    7th Gym - Bohol City (Visayas)
    8th Gym - Makati City (National Capital Region, Luzon)

Elite Four: Palawan City

Environments
    20% forest
    30% water
    20% mountain
    20% cities and towns
    10% others
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

For this kind of thing, my favorite region is this, it's great for creating a new region

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^