View Poll Results: Most hated on Generation

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

    8 4.62%
  • Johto

    12 6.94%
  • Hoenn

    23 13.29%
  • Sinnoh

    70 40.46%
  • Unova

    60 34.68%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 132

Thread: Most hated on Generation?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default Most hated on Generation?

    I just want to know what you think is the most disliked Generation, NOT the one you hate. It could be one you really like but think that people in general don't like too much. So what do you think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    422

    Default

    I notice a lot of people say the franchise went downhill with Gen IV. Personally, I enjoyed my time in the Sinnoh region. Call me crazy, (and don't hate me) but my least favorite is Hoenn, my favorites are Kanto and Unova.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

    Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Sinnoh.

    Poor Sinnoh.

    So many people fail to appreciate its beauty.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  4. #4

    Default

    Unova you could not go anywhere with out hearing lines like "Ice cream Pokemon" "Trashbag Pokemon" "GameFreak's running out of ideas!". At least with 6 gen coming we won't have to hear it anymore...... Hopefully...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Unova you could not go anywhere with out hearing lines like "Ice cream Pokemon" "Trashbag Pokemon" "GameFreak's running out of ideas!". At least with 6 gen coming we won't have to hear it anymore...... Hopefully...
    Then they'll say, "at least there's no ice cream pokemon or trash bag pokemon in this one" or "Gamefreak is seriously losing their touch, these pokemon are worse that Vanillite and Trubbish"

    As it was mentioned elsewhere, people say that Gen V was totally uncreative, and this and that, but really, look at Grimer, Muk, Ditto, etc. They weren't what you would call creative either

    Some people just want something to complain about I guess.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

    Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    Then they'll say, "at least there's no ice cream pokemon or trash bag pokemon in this one" or "Gamefreak is seriously losing their touch, these pokemon are worse that Vanillite and Trubbish"

    As it was mentioned elsewhere, people say that Gen V was totally uncreative, and this and that, but really, look at Grimer, Muk, Ditto, etc. They weren't what you would call creative either

    Some people just want something to complain about I guess.
    Grimer, Muk, Ditto are all creative. So is Garbodor. But Vanniluxe is not really creative. The idea is nice, but the connotation it has takes it away.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Grimer, Muk, Ditto are all creative. So is Garbodor. But Vanniluxe is not really creative. The idea is nice, but the connotation it has takes it away.
    You're right. No creativity here. An ice cream pokemon is such an unoriginal and commonly seen idea.

    Ditto is creative for it's ability to copy foes. Garbodor is creative, since it's actually pretty original. Vanniluxe...is extremely original. I've seen trash monsters, but not once have I ever seen ice cream monsters, or have I of even dreamed about coming up with such a creature.

    Grimer and Muk? Please. Sludge piles have got to be the oldest monsters in the book. Not saying I hate grimmer or muk, I like them much more then Garbodor, but Vanniluxe is a pretty unique idea.

    Though of course, the most recent generation is always going to be the one "hated" the most. When a new region is formed, that's when people develop opinions on them, and that's when they're most easily persuaded by the genwunners "bandwagon". I almost was pulled into the anti-gen 5 bandwagon since I was a dumb kid, but really, I grew out of that, and I won't ever be sucked into a bandwagon that biased again. Sadly, a lot of people don't grow out of such things...
    Last edited by Zachmac; 18th January 2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Ditto is creative for it's ability to copy foes. Garbodor is creative, since it's actually pretty original. Vanniluxe...is extremely original. I've seen trash monsters, but not once have I ever seen ice cream monsters, or have I of even dreamed about coming up with such a creature.
    Plus, it can learn EXPLOSION! Where else are you going to find and explosive, sentient ice cream cone?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    You're right. No creativity here. An ice cream pokemon is such an unoriginal and commonly seen idea.

    Ditto is creative for it's ability to copy foes. Garbodor is creative, since it's actually pretty original. Vanniluxe...is extremely original. I've seen trash monsters, but not once have I ever seen ice cream monsters, or have I of even dreamed about coming up with such a creature.

    Grimer and Muk? Please. Sludge piles have got to be the oldest monsters in the book. Not saying I hate grimmer or muk, I like them much more then Garbodor, but Vanniluxe is a pretty unique idea.

    Though of course, the most recent generation is always going to be the one "hated" the most. When a new region is formed, that's when people develop opinions on them, and that's when they're most easily persuaded by the genwunners "bandwagon". I almost was pulled into the anti-gen 5 bandwagon since I was a dumb kid, but really, I grew out of that, and I won't ever be sucked into a bandwagon that biased again. Sadly, a lot of people don't grow out of such things...
    Please don't make me define what connotation means here, why must every small criticism must be related to being a genwunner anyway? I am going to scream newgenner whenever someone criticises anything about the older stuff.
    Last edited by Hilda; 18th January 2013 at 1:28 AM.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Grimer, Muk, Ditto are all creative. So is Garbodor. But Vanniluxe is not really creative. The idea is nice, but the connotation it has takes it away.
    Actually, I'd have to go against you on that one. Grimer, Muk, and Ditto are not really "creative".

    Muk and Grimer are just piles of sludge. With a face. And Ditto is a pink blob. With a face. Usually not considered creative, but overly simple. They do, however, represent a type of pollution along with Wheezing and Garbodor. Muk being water pollution, Wheezing air, and Garbodor land.

    Ditto I guess could be the exception, considering that the point is for him to be able to change into any Pokémon.
    Stop Pokebullying! Cubone, for one has suffered too much.
    Here are my favorites:
    This line would be my team. Yes, there are 9. The Pokémon Adventures Manga


    An egg? Surprise, surprise...

    Eeveelutions:

    and finally legendaries:



    Name: Cojura
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Hoenn is unappreciated. I've heard some say that the franchise went downhill with R/S/E.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Hoenn is unappreciated. I've heard some say that the franchise went downhill with R/S/E.
    ^ this, i love hoenn, but ive heard it being bashed a lot.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    Probably 4th or 5th. Although the one I personally hate most is 5th.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 17th January 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Sinnoh isn't the one I most hate, but my least favorite. Few fire types, two snowy routes, swamp areas and a huge hard-to-explore mountain.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 17th January 2013 at 11:01 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    329

    Default

    From what I've seen, a lot of people tend to hate on Sinnoh... I can't fathom why, myself...

    Unova is a close second.

    Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

    Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I didnt like gen 4 and 5. I didnt like the looks of the new pokemon in those generations.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    448

    Default

    I don't hate any of them, but I dislike most of the 4th gen pokemon. Sinnoh itself is great though

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Easily either Sinnoh or Unova is the most HATED. My least favorite is Hoenn (though having a least favorite pokemon region/generation is like having a least favorite piece of chocolate... it's still awesome!), and Sinnoh is my favorite.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I would say Unova
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    3rd gen is hated on a lot.

    I overheard some guys at college yesterday talking about which one was the best (apparently only Gens 1 and 2 exist according to them), and out of nowhere I blurted out "I like 3rd gen the best, the new ones aren't that great".

    And one guy was like "DUDE 3RD GEN IS THE WORST, FIRST AND SECOND ARE THE BEST".

    So I just said "Ok" and moved along.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    3rd gen is hated on a lot.

    I overheard some guys at college yesterday talking about which one was the best (apparently only Gens 1 and 2 exist according to them), and out of nowhere I blurted out "I like 3rd gen the best, the new ones aren't that great".

    And one guy was like "DUDE 3RD GEN IS THE WORST, FIRST AND SECOND ARE THE BEST".

    So I just said "Ok" and moved along.
    That is the best thing to do. Those guys are typical genwunners and fighting with them is no point.

    Anyway, the most hated gen always keeps changing. When gen 2 came out, people started saying that gen 2 is not pokemon and blah blah.
    They people said that gen 3 was too different and whatnot. Then gen 4 came and the gen 4 bashing started.
    The gen 5 came and people started bashing a well ( although not as much as Sinnoh ).

    Personally, I can't vote in this thread. All I have to say is poor, poor Sinnoh.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Either Sinnoh or Unova, shame too since even though 4th gen's my least favorite and Unova has some flaws to it I think both are still great games.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    GMT +8:00
    Posts
    45

    Default

    R/S was the worst GF has released but Emerald kinda pulled them off from 6 feet down under.
    Sinnoh ftw~

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolzkidudz View Post
    R/S was the worst GF has released but Emerald kinda pulled them off from 6 feet down under.
    Sinnoh ftw~
    R/S, the birthplace of the modern Pokemon mathematical system. Why is a slight change changing bad to good. That doesn't make sense to me.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588

    Default

    That's.... a really tough one.

    Gen I comes into a good amount of hate, but it's also probably the most beloved by the fanbase. Besides, a lot of the hate seems to stem more from a reaction to overly vocal fans rather than from the generation itself.
    Gen II.... I'd almost call that one 50-50. For every person you find who enjoys the Johto games, there's someone who dislikes them.
    Gen III? Kind of the same deal as Johto, except the love and hate are both more intense.
    Gen IV and specifically Sinnoh seems like a good candidate. There are people who really love it, but it seems you're more likely to run into people who didn't care about it or even hated it. However, it did manage to appease many of the people who hated Sinnoh with the Johto remakes.
    As for Gen V, despite the huge fights about it I've seen on the internet, I think it's almost in the same category as Gen I. There's plenty of hate, but it's also beloved by a huge number of fans. It's pretty much become neo-Gen I. It's not the original, but it takes a lot of what made the original special while adding its own elements to it.

    I guess in the end, I have to go with Gen IV. Which makes me rather sad because Gen IV is what really drew me deeply into Pokemon, but it seems to me that Sinnoh is the least liked of all the regions and also the one that is widely criticized without being defended. Make a negative remark about any other generation that you please, and you are very likely to get into a heated discussion of some sort. Gen IV? No one really seems to give a flying Grumpig.
    Last edited by zozo; 18th January 2013 at 2:20 AM.

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •