23 13.29%
  • Sinnoh

70 40.46%
  • Unova

60 34.68%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most hated on Generation?

Default Most hated on Generation?

I just want to know what you think is the most disliked Generation, NOT the one you hate. It could be one you really like but think that people in general don't like too much. So what do you think?

I notice a lot of people say the franchise went downhill with Gen IV. Personally, I enjoyed my time in the Sinnoh region. Call me crazy, (and don't hate me) but my least favorite is Hoenn, my favorites are Kanto and Unova.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Sinnoh.

Poor Sinnoh.

So many people fail to appreciate its beauty.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Unova you could not go anywhere with out hearing lines like "Ice cream Pokemon" "Trashbag Pokemon" "GameFreak's running out of ideas!". At least with 6 gen coming we won't have to hear it anymore...... Hopefully...
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Unova you could not go anywhere with out hearing lines like "Ice cream Pokemon" "Trashbag Pokemon" "GameFreak's running out of ideas!". At least with 6 gen coming we won't have to hear it anymore...... Hopefully...
    Then they'll say, "at least there's no ice cream pokemon or trash bag pokemon in this one" or "Gamefreak is seriously losing their touch, these pokemon are worse that Vanillite and Trubbish"

As it was mentioned elsewhere, people say that Gen V was totally uncreative, and this and that, but really, look at Grimer, Muk, Ditto, etc. They weren't what you would call creative either

Some people just want something to complain about I guess.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Hoenn is unappreciated. I've heard some say that the franchise went downhill with R/S/E.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    Then they'll say, "at least there's no ice cream pokemon or trash bag pokemon in this one" or "Gamefreak is seriously losing their touch, these pokemon are worse that Vanillite and Trubbish"

As it was mentioned elsewhere, people say that Gen V was totally uncreative, and this and that, but really, look at Grimer, Muk, Ditto, etc. They weren't what you would call creative either

Some people just want something to complain about I guess.
    Grimer, Muk, Ditto are all creative. So is Garbodor. But Vanniluxe is not really creative. The idea is nice, but the connotation it has takes it away.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Hoenn is unappreciated. I've heard some say that the franchise went downhill with R/S/E.
    ^ this, i love hoenn, but ive heard it being bashed a lot.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Probably 4th or 5th. Although the one I personally hate most is 5th.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 17th January 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Sinnoh isn't the one I most hate, but my least favorite. Few fire types, two snowy routes, swamp areas and a huge hard-to-explore mountain.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 17th January 2013 at 11:01 PM.

From what I've seen, a lot of people tend to hate on Sinnoh... I can't fathom why, myself...

Unova is a close second.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

I didnt like gen 4 and 5. I didnt like the looks of the new pokemon in those generations.

I don't hate any of them, but I dislike most of the 4th gen pokemon. Sinnoh itself is great though

Easily either Sinnoh or Unova is the most HATED. My least favorite is Hoenn (though having a least favorite pokemon region/generation is like having a least favorite piece of chocolate... it's still awesome!), and Sinnoh is my favorite.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Grimer, Muk, Ditto are all creative. So is Garbodor. But Vanniluxe is not really creative. The idea is nice, but the connotation it has takes it away.
    You're right. No creativity here. An ice cream pokemon is such an unoriginal and commonly seen idea.

Ditto is creative for it's ability to copy foes. Garbodor is creative, since it's actually pretty original. Vanniluxe...is extremely original. I've seen trash monsters, but not once have I ever seen ice cream monsters, or have I of even dreamed about coming up with such a creature.

Grimer and Muk? Please. Sludge piles have got to be the oldest monsters in the book. Not saying I hate grimmer or muk, I like them much more then Garbodor, but Vanniluxe is a pretty unique idea.

Though of course, the most recent generation is always going to be the one "hated" the most. When a new region is formed, that's when people develop opinions on them, and that's when they're most easily persuaded by the genwunners "bandwagon". I almost was pulled into the anti-gen 5 bandwagon since I was a dumb kid, but really, I grew out of that, and I won't ever be sucked into a bandwagon that biased again. Sadly, a lot of people don't grow out of such things...
    Last edited by Zachmac; 18th January 2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Ditto is creative for it's ability to copy foes. Garbodor is creative, since it's actually pretty original. Vanniluxe...is extremely original. I've seen trash monsters, but not once have I ever seen ice cream monsters, or have I of even dreamed about coming up with such a creature.
    Plus, it can learn EXPLOSION! Where else are you going to find and explosive, sentient ice cream cone?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I would say Unova
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

3rd gen is hated on a lot.

I overheard some guys at college yesterday talking about which one was the best (apparently only Gens 1 and 2 exist according to them), and out of nowhere I blurted out "I like 3rd gen the best, the new ones aren't that great".

And one guy was like "DUDE 3RD GEN IS THE WORST, FIRST AND SECOND ARE THE BEST".

So I just said "Ok" and moved along.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

You're right. No creativity here. An ice cream pokemon is such an unoriginal and commonly seen idea.

Grimer and Muk? Please. Sludge piles have got to be the oldest monsters in the book. Not saying I hate grimmer or muk, I like them much more then Garbodor, but Vanniluxe is a pretty unique idea.

Though of course, the most recent generation is always going to be the one "hated" the most. When a new region is formed, that's when people develop opinions on them, and that's when they're most easily persuaded by the genwunners "bandwagon". I almost was pulled into the anti-gen 5 bandwagon since I was a dumb kid, but really, I grew out of that, and I won't ever be sucked into a bandwagon that biased again. Sadly, a lot of people don't grow out of such things...
    Please don't make me define what connotation means here, why must every small criticism must be related to being a genwunner anyway? I am going to scream newgenner whenever someone criticises anything about the older stuff.
    Last edited by Hilda; 18th January 2013 at 1:28 AM.

Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Please don't make me define what connotation means here, why must every small criticism must be related to being a genwunner anyway?
    Did I ever call you a genwunner? That last paragraph wasn't targeted at you.

And from my understanding, connotation =/= creativity. They may influence each other from time to time, but they're different things non the less.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Either Sinnoh or Unova, shame too since even though 4th gen's my least favorite and Unova has some flaws to it I think both are still great games.

Did I ever call you a genwunner? That last paragraph wasn't targeted at you.

And from my understanding, connotation =/= creativity. They may influence each other from time to time, but they're different things non the less.
    It means everything, it can ruin the creativity of a design. Putting goggly eyes on an edible substance is meh, might as well use bacon. you never had ice cream with faces on it, I had a bunch with bugs bunny faces. It is not that creative to be honest. Chandelier however, is pulled off very well.

It means everything, it can ruin the creativity of a design. Putting goggly eyes on an edible substance is meh, might as well use bacon. you never had ice cream with faces on it, I had a bunch with bugs bunny faces. It is not that creative to be honest. Chandelier however, is pulled off very well.
    I think ice cream was more of the motif, and it's basic design is that of a icicle. I do like how Vanilluxe has a straw in it. I don't know why, but I love that straw.

About your sig, you are saying there are 100 genwunners, 100 quadrillion people are accused of genwunners, and the number of people complaining about genwunners is a 100 sexdecillion?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I think ice cream was more of the motif, and it's basic design is that of a icicle. I do like how Vanilluxe has a straw in it. I don't know why, but I love that straw.

About your sig, you are saying there are 100 genwunners, 100 quadrillion people are accused of genwunners, and the number of people complaining about genwunners is a 100 sexdecillion?
    Yes, yes I am. I learned the best of exaggeration from my fellow serebii members.

Yes, yes I am. I learned the best of exaggeration from my fellow serebii members.
    I heard of lying exponentially, but this is ridiculous.

Things I like about Vanilluxe.
    -It's happy looking, but can get angry.
    -It's Ice type.
    -It reminds me of delicious deserts.
    -It's design looks fun.
    -It has a straw. Coolest straw ever!

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast