• Hoenn

23 13.29%
  • Sinnoh

70 40.46%
  • Unova

60 34.68%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most hated on Generation?

I don't get what's bad about Sinnoh. It's kind of the "DS experiment", and it seemed to do very well in that department.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Least favorite for Pokemon is Sinnoh, but the Pokemon don't bother me I just don't like them - it's just the design of everything (apart from the Pokemon)

Love all of them though. >.<
    Last edited by Mays; 18th January 2013 at 6:23 PM.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Sinnoh got the most hate and it definitely deserved it.

Hoenn and Johto seem to get a lot of hate too, but they arent as bad as Sinnoh.
    Johto is by far worse than Sinnoh will ever be. And no, Sinnoh does not deserve the hate. I defy you to point out in what aspects Johto was better than Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    As for my personal opinion about best regions/generations: Unova = Sinnoh = Hoenn > Kanto >>> Johto
    Almost exactly like my personal opinion. To me it is like this: Unova = Sinnoh = Kanto > Hoenn >>>>>>>> Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Johto is by far worse than Sinnoh will ever be. And no, Sinnoh does not deserve the hate. I defy you to point out in what aspects Johto was better than Sinnoh.

Almost exactly like my personal opinion. To me it is like this: Unova = Sinnoh = Kanto > Hoenn >>>>>>>> Johto.
    There. All the problems in the pokemon world solved.

If we could just respect other people's opinions and stick to the stuff we like, were would all the arguing be?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    There. All the problems in the pokemon world solved.

If we could just respect other people's opinions and stick to the stuff we like, were would all the arguing be?
    Well, if people actually respected that there are a lot people who likes Sinnoh, it would be great. It is hard to just watch people hating on something (without not a single reason to do so). Sinnoh have a lot of good points (and bads as well, like every region) and people need to start giving the credits it deserves. I am all for respecting other people's points of view, as long as they respect mine as well.

I don't understand why everyone has to go to extremes with their least favorite generation.
    It's either:
    "Gen 4 was the best gen ever, and anyone who has anything to say about it is a hater."
    or:
    "Gen 4 is the worst gen ever, everything was stupid, Pokemon died right there."

Gen 4 is my least favorite, I'll admit that. But I still enjoyed my adventure through Sinnoh very much. I found the region dull, and the Pokemon weren't my favorite, but a lot of good things came from Gen 4 too.

I just genuinely don't understand hating a game so much that you feel the need to be so extreme. It's just a game.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Everyone I know seems to hate Gen 2. I don't understand why though. How could anyone dislike all the amazing Pokemon that Gen 2 introduced? Johto was an iconic region too.

I think Gen 5 is the most hated. Personally, I dislike Kanto (which is IMO, boring, xD) *HUGE GASP* I love Sinnoh, then Johto, those two are elite games, dunno what they got so much hate.

Sinnoh > Johto >> Hoenn > Unova >>>>>>>> Kanto

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Generation 2 since it only had 100 new pokemon. -_-
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

unova or sinnoh the other 3 were bomb
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

I'd say that Unova and Genereation V probably have the worst hate community, with Sinnoh and Generation IV close behind. I know a lot of people who think the the series started going downhill at Sinnoh. And when Unova came out, those same people said it took a nosedive. I've also noticed a lot of Gen V hate within the community.

As for me personally, I don't HATE any generation. I'm a diehard Pokemon fan, so hating a generation is impossible for me. However, I'd have to say that Gen IV and V are probably lower on my list as far favorites go. Idk why, but something about the past two generations went stale for me faster than the first three. Whereas I could replay Emerald and Sapphire over and over and over again, I found replays difficult for the Sinnoh and Unova games. Though I'll admit, so far White 2 has been pretty good at keeping things fresh for me, so this might change.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

From what I've been hearing, I'd say that Hoenn has been the most hated despite me never having actually played R/S/E. This is all based on what I've been hearing.

I never hated any region to tell you the truth, but I didn't like Johto at all because nearly the entire region was meh. Let me quote myself from another forum on why I didn't like Gen II as a whole:
    I didn't like Johto at at all. I only liked the day/night system when it came to the Gen IV games because I felt it was too erratic in G/S/C, I never played far enough in Gold to experience the roaming legendaries, I never discovered that you could breed pokemon (I did get the Togepi egg, but I never discovered that I could breed pokemon), I found most of Johto through Azelea(?) to Goldenrod and the fourth gym town to the sixth (can't remember their names) uninteresting and I certainly never discovered that you could travel back to Kanto (which, after playing through Heart Gold, I agree with LTM with in being lazily shoehorned into the game).
    Even the pokemon didn't help much. Half of the new pokemon didn't appeal to me much and some were downright infuriating to fight during the course of the main game (ie. Whitney's Miltank). The only redeeming factors I got from G/S/C was the Eevee evolutions and the mascot legendaries (I think I stopped after catching Oh-Ho).
    Bolded part is the most pertaining point.

I also don't get why people hate linearity so much, as to hate an entire region over it (or largely because of it). Unova was my second favourite after Sinnoh. Sure Unova was linear, but it made up for more than that for a great storyline and several great areas.

Give me five, legitimate, arguments that make Sinnoh or Unova worse than Johto.

I think the Sinnoh generation is the most hated overall. I think Hoenn was the low-point of the series though. (Still a good generation, but someone has to be last!)
    Check out my new blog! I discuss video game related stuff, including Pokémon.

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/29fxfti.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Zalman View Post
    I think the Sinnoh generation is the most hated overall. I think Hoenn was the low-point of the series though. (Still a good generation, but someone has to be last!)
    Hoenn introduced a lot of good pokemon, what I personally dislike is the fact that after the 6th gym, all you see is water. Plus, I'm currently in the process of leveling up for the Mossdeep City gym, and I'm meeting a lot of Lv 10 and under pokemon. It just doesn't make sense to me. Because of this, my Emerald game tends to be forgotten often.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

I personally like 4th gen the most. I feel that the developers did an awesome job on the music. I probably don't like 3rd gen the most. Simply because the first two gens are very special to me. i don't HATE it, but it is probably my least memorable.

I'm not sure why Sinnoh would be the most hated I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea but still the hate it gets doesn't make sense. It has a range of towns and cities with a good range of environments. I can understand the hate for Unova though. It has a very liner motion about it which people don't like and it did feel small compared to other regions. The fact that it made players play with brand new Pokemon and not their old favorites didn't help. Also Since its the new region it automatically gets hate due to the fact it doesn't live up to the high exceptions people set when they see the first trailer of it or "its not so and so region like kanto". Really all the new regions went through it the trend can really be seen with the introduction of Hoenn but its hate has dropped a lot. Really I can expect this new region to get the same amount of hate, those that say they want to play it the most are usually the first to hate it.

The only problem I had with Sinnoh isn't even related to the region itself, it's because the battling system was so damn slow.

Anyway, I voted for Johto because I found it to be very repetitive and boring.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    The only problem I had with Sinnoh isn't even related to the region itself, it's because the battling system was so damn slow.
    And even then, that was fixed in Platinum.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I went with Hoenn.

Didn't really care for the Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald games all that much. I found them to be boring.

Do you like the Pokemon Adventures manga? If so, join the club!

Credit | Author's Profile | Shipping List
    3DS Friend Code: 0748-3470-9720

I can't understand why Sinnoh is the most hated Generation. Unova really has a very bad plot comparing to the rest generations, every episode is in a serious tone, and make me bored. At least Sinnoh had some fun episodes.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    I can't understand why Sinnoh is the most hated Generation. Unova really has a very bad plot comparing to the rest generations, every episode is in a serious tone, and make me bored. At least Sinnoh had some fun episodes.
    I think the question is about the generation in general, rather than just the anime. If it were on the show, Unova would win this poll hands down.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

I feel like this shouldn't even be an argument. People who played whichever region in their childhood will probably defend it. That's why older regions get less hated on over time. When kids who played Gen 5 first get older they will be hating on newer generations not the ones they grew up with. It's the simple rule of nostalgia. I grew up with Gen III, thus it's my favorite.

Hoenn has pretty much been the Black Sheep of the series for awhile, though the appeal of it has gone up over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokénaut View Post
    I feel like this shouldn't even be an argument. People who played whichever region in their childhood will probably defend it. That's why older regions get less hated on over time. When kids who played Gen 5 first get older they will be hating on newer generations not the ones they grew up with. It's the simple rule of nostalgia. I grew up with Gen III, thus it's my favorite.
    Agreed. That's why I think Generation III seems to get more praise than it did a few years ago.
    Based on current trends, though, I'd say Generation IV seems to be the least popular of the bunch. Again, that'll probably change in a few years.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

^ Probably because the people that grew up with R/S/E are coming on the Internet.

The most hated on Gen. is whatever the newest one happens to be, so right now, it's Unova. Someone on the 1st page had it right. Nobody can talk about Unova without mention of Vanillite or Trubbish or GameFreak running out of ideas (which is funny, because if they're coming out with a new game, obviously they still have ideas). When 6th Gen. comes out, it will become the most hated Gen. Just watch.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast