• Hoenn

23 13.29%
  • Sinnoh

70 40.46%
  • Unova

60 34.68%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most hated on Generation?

DP were good games, but the game plays painfully slowly. Also 150 pokemon in the regional pokedex is stupidly small considering RSE had 200.
    1st X run:

Genwunners hate gen 4 & 5.

The most hated on by Everyone is Gen 4. I know several people who quit pokemon at gen 4 because the game had too much "Digimon" like pokemon... which doesn't make sense, but it's their opinion.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Genwunners hate gen 4 & 5.

The most hated on by Everyone is Gen 4. I know several people who quit pokemon at gen 4 because the game had too much "Digimon" like pokemon... which doesn't make sense, but it's their opinion.
    That link between Pokemon and Digimon seems to be appearing more and more for later gens. I'm not sure why but it seems people keep forgetting pokemon and digimon has always been linked and will always have similarities between them. If ever the day Pokemon are able to De-evolve and there names start to have mon at the end for all them i will then say it has become to much like Digimon.

I don't hate any generation but Sinnoh is definitely my least favorite. I don't know why but I think it has to do with how slow gameplay is in that game. I mean you have to pass through like a 100 areas just to get to your third gym battle.

I feel like Johto flows the best of all the regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    pokemon and digimon has always been linked and will always have similarities between them.
    what

no

they're both shonen Mon franchises that started around the same time, and that's basically it, Digimon is based primarily on the animoo while Pokemon is based on vidya games

I see tons and tons of hate for Gen 4, which really saddens me. I thought DP/Pt were all fantastic. The game didn't move too slow for me at all, there were so many awesome new 'mons to catch, and I thought the areas were really cool and well thought out. And it brought so much to the table. Gen 4 brought the freaking PHYSICAL/SPECIAL SPLIT, remember?! Where would we be without that?! And the other games were great, too. HG/SS were awesome remakes, and this Gen had easily the best Spin-Off game in the whole series thus far: Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness/Sky. I just don't understand why this Gen gets so much hate.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

I definitely agree that Gen IV is by far the most hated generation, I personally believe that it is quite good; it is much longer than any other Pokémon game, much stronger GL's/E4/Champ than any other region. I used to wish when I was 10 (Platinum was new at that time) that I lived in the Sinnoh region. I especially like Team Galactic and the legendaries/legends associated w

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I don't see why people hate Unova so much. it has plenty of good pokemon like snivy and zorua.

Quote Originally Posted by tomix9tomix View Post
    I don't see why people hate Unova so much. it has plenty of good pokemon like snivy and zorua.
    Good Pokémon does not make for a good generation overall. I like some of the Pokémon in Unova, but I loathe the region entirely. While for the fourth generation there are literally less than five Pokémon I like, but I absolutely love the entire Sinnoh region (including huge, old Mt. Coronet). Which is why I was stuck on which to vote for, and just voted for IV, despite how much I dislike the entire Unova region.

Generation Five. Some people didn't like the Pokemon Designs, which I can understand but the things improved from the Fourth Gen concerning of reusable TMs, etc.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Grimer, Muk, Ditto are all creative. So is Garbodor. But Vanniluxe is not really creative. The idea is nice, but the connotation it has takes it away.
    Actually, I'd have to go against you on that one. Grimer, Muk, and Ditto are not really "creative".

Muk and Grimer are just piles of sludge. With a face. And Ditto is a pink blob. With a face. Usually not considered creative, but overly simple. They do, however, represent a type of pollution along with Wheezing and Garbodor. Muk being water pollution, Wheezing air, and Garbodor land.

Ditto I guess could be the exception, considering that the point is for him to be able to change into any Pokémon.
    Stop Pokebullying! Cubone, for one has suffered too much.
    Here are my favorites:
    This line would be my team. Yes, there are 9. The Pokémon Adventures Manga

An egg? Surprise, surprise...

Eeveelutions:

and finally legendaries:

Name: Cojura
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    3rd gen is hated on a lot.

I overheard some guys at college yesterday talking about which one was the best (apparently only Gens 1 and 2 exist according to them), and out of nowhere I blurted out "I like 3rd gen the best, the new ones aren't that great".

And one guy was like "DUDE 3RD GEN IS THE WORST, FIRST AND SECOND ARE THE BEST".

So I just said "Ok" and moved along.
    That is the best thing to do. Those guys are typical genwunners and fighting with them is no point.

Anyway, the most hated gen always keeps changing. When gen 2 came out, people started saying that gen 2 is not pokemon and blah blah.
    They people said that gen 3 was too different and whatnot. Then gen 4 came and the gen 4 bashing started.
    The gen 5 came and people started bashing a well ( although not as much as Sinnoh ).

Personally, I can't vote in this thread. All I have to say is poor, poor Sinnoh.

I don't know, ALL of them are good.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Gen 4 and 5 get more hate then they deserve.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

I honestly think all gens had their cool Pokemon and flops, but I think the Jhoto region had the biggest Filler Pokemon to Cool Pokemon ratio.

Edit: Wait, I misread the topic.

I think Gen 4 gets a bit more hate than Gen 5 due to my two favorite Pokemon and the high amount of "ugly" evos to past gen Pokemon. But honestly, I'd pick Magmortar, Magnezone, Mamoswine, and Probopass over Kingdra, Crobat, Steelix, or *spits* Scizor.
    Last edited by MugoUrth; 26th January 2013 at 10:01 PM.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by tomix9tomix View Post
    People hate it, quite simply, because it is the newest gen. The newest gen. is always the most hated. Gaming in general is like this, however. People hate games when they're the current thing, but a few years down the road, when they're not, people start to revisit them and appreciate them.

Take the 3rd gen., for example. I was on this site when the 3rd gen. was the newest gen., and /a lot/ of people hated it back then. I couldn't go anywhere without seeing people complain about how tedious the water routes are, how the Pokemon looked like Digimon (even singling out a few Pokemon, like they do with Vanillite and Trubbish; I vaguely recall Nosepass being a common target, and a lot of people complained about Feebas and Milotic being rip-offs of Magikarp and Gyarados, to name a few examples), and (probably the biggest one) how GAMEFREAK was stupid to get rid of day and night. It was pretty much seen as the Dark Age of Pokemon, and a failed attempt to revitalize the franchise.

However, Hoenn has been Vindicated by History recently, and now, people love the Pokemon and the water routes and don't seem to care about the lack of day/night. This is likely partially because the people who grew up with the 3rd gen. are starting to come on the Internet and partially because the idea of R/S remakes have regenerated interest in Hoenn.

If it happened to Hoenn, it'll happen to Sinnoh and (later) Unova. Also, I don't care how awesome the 6th gen. looks right now. When the games come out, it'll become the most hated region. Mark my words.

Sinnoh is the most hated region to date mainly due to the extreme amount of legendary God Pokemon we received and the slow battle mechanics. Evolutions are the biggest causes of this hatred.

As for Unova, well Garboardor and Vanillxue and the sheer amount of nostalgia goggles that were worn when the games were being leaked. And don't even get me started on how people reacted to finding out about the titles. Grrrrrrr.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I wonder who voted for Kanto and Johto?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I wonder who voted for Kanto and Johto?
    Genwunners who see anything remotely negative about the original games as an insult to their childhood.

Them, and people who misunderstood the thread's purpose.

Well, about that, ask Genwunners, not me.
    I like all Generations for some reasons...
    Kanto: The first Gen and the one I remember often due to the Anime
    Johto: It's my most memorable and nostalgic region, since my first Pokémon game is from Gen II (Silver)
    Hoenn: Though Hoenn had too many water routes, this region has my favourite Pokémon (Flygon)
    Sinnoh: Sinnoh has my favourite and the hottest Champion ever (Cynthia)
    Unova: Unova has my favourite "antagonist", N
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Generation 4, because I can't even remember the story line, and because of the sheer amount of unecessary legendaries they squeezed in.

Black 2 FC: Hybrid 1077-8620-9942

Genwunners who see anything remotely negative about the original games as an insult to their childhood.

^Or those who see anti-genwunners as predominant among the fandom, thus see those as the most hated. Me, I voted Unova though. Despite anti-genwunnerism, I've still seen more neutral/negative comments of gen 5 than the others, especially in the anime crowd. :/
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

It would be sad if people were only voting because of that. I don't hate any region but I do have my least favorites. Really it's always annoying to see someone hating on a generation without no viable excuse . I have no problem with someone hating a generation as long as they can give good reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    People hate it, quite simply, because it is the newest gen. The newest gen. is always the most hated. Gaming in general is like this, however. People hate games when they're the current thing, but a few years down the road, when they're not, people start to revisit them and appreciate them.
    So true, the hate has already started for Gen VI, and we barely have any information yet.

I couldn't go anywhere without seeing people complain about how tedious the water routes are
    The water routes are a pain though. Wishing there were some Audino there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Star Champion AJ View Post
    Well, about that, ask Genwunners, not me.
    I like all Generations for some reasons...
    Kanto: The first Gen and the one I remember often due to the Anime
    Johto: It's my most memorable and nostalgic region, since my first Pokémon game is from Gen II (Silver)
    Hoenn: Though Hoenn had too many water routes, this region has my favourite Pokémon (Flygon)
    Sinnoh: Sinnoh has my favourite and the hottest Champion ever (Cynthia)
    Unova: Unova has my favourite "antagonist", N
    This sounds about right. Cynthia and N were my favorite characters as well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Sinnoh, and I personally feel that it is well deserved. It's the only generation I haven't replayed since beating it once, I'm glad Gen V came and fixed the mess it made. I love all Generations but Gen IV, and I see why it gets all the hate.
    Last edited by Masterofknees; 28th January 2013 at 4:50 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast