• Hoenn

23 13.29%
  • Sinnoh

70 40.46%
  • Unova

60 34.68%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most hated on Generation?

I went with Unova, there's been a lot of people criticizing the designs of those Pokemon, more than the others.

I'd say that the most hated-on generation is usually the newest one. As more generations of Pokemon are released, you see an increasing number of fans of older generations. With an increasing number of these fans comes an increasing number of people who have that sense of nostalgia strong enough to the point where they dislike the current generation for whatever reason (old designs are better, enemy team is lame, etc.). Obviously 1st Gen didn't have this problem since it was the only generation out there, and 5th Gen has to deal with committed fans of 4 generations before it. Unless 6th Gen has a list of characteristics that somehow appeal to most Pokemon fans, I can only expect that there will be an increasing number of "haters."

I say Unova. I don't know why people hate it so much.I thought it was just as good as the rest.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Sinnoh. It's my fave region so far but I see more hate for gen 4 then the others. HGSS gets a free pass because it's Johto but Sinnoh I would say gets more hate then the others. Hoenn and Unova, two regions I wasn't crazy for (especially Unova) get hate as well but not as much as Sinnoh.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I actually have seen almost no hate for gen 4. If it's as hated as people say it is, then I don't know where the haters are. I mostly just see bashing against 5th gen
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Everyone usually hates Gens 2-3, but I love them all.
    Current LeafGreen Team:

Gem Lv 40
    Beautifly Lv 41
    Charzin Lv 41
    Falconion Lv 41
    Wiz Lv 42
    Picasso Lv 43

Emerald Team:

Nimbus Lv 26
    Eragon Lv 28
    Geico Lv 28
    Vision Lv 28
    Metallik Lv 31
    Azullerell Lv 33

I voted for the 4th gen, but that's because I genuinely disliked those games. Although the consensus seems to be the 5th gen, mostly because it's the "new" generation. It's sad actually, gen 5 compared to many of the other generations is one of the best for many reasons. For once Game Freak manages to come up with an amazing storyline(by Game Freaks standards), and Game Freak actually took older fans into consideration when developing B/W and B2/W2. I am surprised that not a lot as people have been bashing gen 6 and that a lot of people have responded well to the starter Pokemon, many of these people are the same that criticized gen 5 Pokemon for being unoriginal. If anything the new starters are "unoriginal" because Game Freak is using designs similar to what we have seen before, a fire fox and a frog, and yet these people criticized a trash bag and ice cream as being unoriginal. Oh the hypocrisy!

Edit: And no I'm not hating on the gen 6 starters, I just mentioned them to get a point across.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 6th February 2013 at 5:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I voted for the 4th gen, but that's because I genuinely disliked those games. Although the consensus seems to be the 5th gen, mostly because it's the "new" generation. It's sad actually, gen 5 compared to many of the other generations is one of the best for many reasons. For once Game Freak manages to come up with an amazing storyline(by Game Freaks standards), and Game Freak actually took older fans into consideration when developing B/W and B2/W2. I am surprised that not a lot as people have been bashing gen 6 and that a lot of people have responded well to the starter Pokemon, many of these people are the same that criticized gen 5 Pokemon for being unoriginal. If anything the new starters are "unoriginal" because Game Freak is using designs similar to what we have seen before, a fire fox and a frog, and yet these people criticized a trash bag and ice cream as being unoriginal. Oh the hypocrisy!

Edit: And no I'm not hating on the gen 6 starters, I just mentioned them to get a point across.
    Although I like Sinnoh, I agree with your second point. People are calling Vanilluxe and Garbador "creative" while they're like 'ZOMG FENNEKIN KAWAII1!1!!11!!1 <3" FENNEKIN is just a Vulpix clone with slightly alternated design but same inspiration of a fox, but no one complains. Yeah, I know, they're different species of foxes, but can't they like, I dunno, make another fire-something species of animal.
    Fraokie looks like Politoed, but not as much as FENNEKIN and Vulpix.

Also, does anyone notice that Froakie has an interesting color scheme similar to Thundurus?

EDIT: Ignore the crossed-out part. Yeah. Dunno what I was thinking when I made that post XD.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 6th February 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Although I like Sinnoh, I agree with your second point. People are calling Vanilluxe and Garbador "creative" while they're like 'ZOMG FENNEKIN KAWAII1!1!!11!!1 <3" FENNEKIN is just a Vulpix clone with slightly alternated design but same inspiration,cans no one complains.

Also, does anyone notice that Froakie has an interesting color scheme similar to Thundurus?
    There's so much wrong in this post. So much. The only similarities I see in Fennekin and Vulpix is that they are both foxes and share the same type.. That's it. Different eyes, tails, head, ears body shape, etc.. and how are they the same inspiration? Last time I checked Vulpix was based off Kitsune's and Fennekin, desert foxes. But Froakie looks like Politoed? Now I think you're just trolling.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    There's so much wrong in this post. So much. The only similarities I see in Fennekin and Vulpix is that they are both foxes and share the same type.. That's it. Different eyes, tails, head, ears body shape, etc.. and how are they the same inspiration? Last time I checked Vulpix was based off Kitsune's and Fennekin, desert foxes. But Froakie looks like Politoed? Now I think you're just trolling.
    Lol I'm not trolling, just my opinino. Feel free to disagree but I really get annoyed whenever someone says Vanilluxe/Garbador is not creative. Sorry if I offended you or anyone...

I was thinking much one I made that post, lemme run to edit it. I have no idea why I said Froakie looks like Politoed... >_>

EDIT:

I meant that they shouldn't reuse the fire-fox (lol) design. I'd prefer it if they used something more different, like a flaming... Flaming Hedgehog maybe? Or a flaming beetle? I mean Hedgehog and beetles are used in the designs already, but yeah, two fire foxes that shares the same typing is, IMO, too much. I mean, there's like so many possible fire-animal combination but they chose another fox that it wasn't funny.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 6th February 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Although I like Sinnoh, I agree with your second point. People are calling Vanilluxe and Garbador "creative" while they're like 'ZOMG FENNEKIN KAWAII1!1!!11!!1 <3" FENNEKIN is just a Vulpix clone with slightly alternated design but same inspiration,cans no one complains.

I like Fennekin. We haven't had a Fennec (Vulpix is supposed to be a Kistune, or Japanese mystical fox) and the Vulpix line sucked due to its limited movepool and stats (until it got Drought, which completely changed it's status in the competitive environment). While I have no idea what Fennekin's stats or movepool are, but it will be most likely be superior to the Vulpix line considering the other fire starters we have. While I am not so hot for Froakie or Chespin, they are not as bad as guys like Magneton or Muk (to tell you the truth, I didn't like the Trubbish or Klink lines, their Gen V counterparts, really much either).

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    I like Fennekin. We haven't had a Fennec (Vulpix is supposed to be a Kistune, or Japanese mystical fox) and the Vulpix line sucked due to its limited movepool and stats (until it got Drought, which completely changed it's status in the competitive environment). While I have no idea what Fennekin's stats or movepool are, but it will be most likely be superior to the Vulpix line considering the other fire starters we have. While I am not so hot for Froakie or Chespin, they are not as bad as guys like Magneton or Muk (to tell you the truth, I didn't like the Trubbish or Klink lines, their Gen V counterparts, really much either).
    Yeah, I didn't like the 5th gen pokemon all that much. Not hating on it, it was probably my least favorite of the pokemon to come out. Now I love Volcarona...wow, I didn't realize that that was about it. I probably just can't think of any others that I like at the moment.
    Were Muk and Electrode creative? Eh, not really. Were the vanillish, klink, trubbish lines? Eh, not so much either.

The point is there are 'uncreative pokemon' each generation, but there's no use hating on all of them b/c they provide use in some obscure way.
    (Gen 5 still isn't my fav though XD)
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Gen V. Personally I like it. Brought me back more into Pokemon than Gen IV did.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Source of images

Quote Originally Posted by Pokénaut View Post
    I feel like this shouldn't even be an argument. People who played whichever region in their childhood will probably defend it. That's why older regions get less hated on over time. When kids who played Gen 5 first get older they will be hating on newer generations not the ones they grew up with. It's the simple rule of nostalgia. I grew up with Gen III, thus it's my favorite.
    I don't feel this applies to me. My first real Pokemon game was Sapphire, but honestly, other than the music, I do not feel a huge attachment to Gen III. I like it, but Gen II, IV, and V have a bigger impact on me.

I often see Gen IV and V get the most hate, mainly because of the new Pokemon, which saddens me as two of my favorite Pokemon are from there. But I'm sure over time, more people will start to appreciate them.

Dang! How did Sinnoh get so much votes? :S
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Why so much hate on Sinnoh? I thought the Hoenn was the most disliked region. (Hoenn is my favorite though.) In my opinion every generation is better than the one better than the one before it.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

Johto obviously

Credits: Large UserBar Banner Made By Sworn Metalhead @ Daedric Design

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post
    Gen V. Personally I like it. Brought me back more into Pokemon than Gen IV did.
    Pretty much the case for me.

Chiming in for Gen V.

My least favorite is Gen IV; my favorite is Gen II.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 3:10 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Region-wise, Sinnoh didn't feel special to me, mainly to the lack of water routes and useful cities... Hoenn and Johto were amazing though, I loved them in every aspect. Kanto was a bit small imo and Unova improved a lot with BW2.
    Music-wise (an important factor many seem not to care about), Sinnoh and Kanto felt anonimous for some reason... While Hoenn had amazing soundtracks and Johto's give me a nostalgic feel I can't even describe. Unova was refreshing and I appreciated it, too.
    I like almost every generation's pokemon, and I don't think it matters so much since you can get them despite the region you're in. Sinnoh had a small regional dex though and only ONE new fire type Pokémon except the starter (which you could only get in the national dex through trade...........) :/

I don't hate any particular gen but my least favourite is either the first one or the 4th/5th ones. And yes, my first game was actually Pokémon blue so I think I'm well placed to say that.

The most hated in general is surely Sinnoh, followed by Unova. Sinnoh could be so much better with a sequel of DP! I hope they'll make one someday.
    Last edited by Aleh; 10th February 2013 at 3:24 PM.

Sinnoh is my most hated. So many Pokemon are just evos of Pokes already existing. XP Fave is KANTO!!!!! WOOOT! KANTOOOOO

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

I didn't really care for Unova or Sinnoh. I don't think it was because I love the older gens more, I just didn't seem as impressed.

Kanto I think had a good design. Everything was real close to each other, but obstacles prevented you from getting into the newer stuff too soon. You could easily walk to any place and not have to rely on fly solely. That's something I appreciate.

Johto I thought was my favorite. It was a big design, the Sea route wasn't terrible. The Whirl Islands were impressive. I honestly don't have too many complaints. Although I felt they fell flat between Blackthorn and New Bark Town. I thought that route was eh.

Hoenn I think was amazing, although I wasn't a big fan of half of it being Water Routes...

Sinnoh I thought had its good moments.

Unova, I admit I haven't finished my Black 1 version, I lost interest in the game and stopped playing. (To clarify, I was raising the candle pokemon and got him up like 15 levels and my battery died before i could save. I got discouraged and gave up. I know i suck.)

As for pokemon diversity?

Kanto featured some of my favorites. The Nidoking/Queen line. I loved Grimer and Muk, i thought they looked cool. Pidgey is still my favorite looking starter bird. The Ghastly line was neat. Seal and Dewgong, Lapras, Tauros. A lot of my favorites came from this gen.

Johto was perfect I thought. It had all the old ones, plus just a touch of new stuff. Sentret, Heracross, Houndoom, Phanpy, Teddiursa were some of my favorites.

Hoenn was underrated for me when I first played it. I can't believe I thought that. I like Aggron, Absol, the starters were great, Slaking was neat. Plenty of diversity.

Sinnoh, the lack of fire pokemon was disappointing. The pokemon were decent though. I liked the Hippo one ( i forget how to spell it). I liked Lucario.

Unova... I liked Seismitoad. I thought it was cool looking. There were a couple others i liked, but i can't remember them.

I'm hoping that the new region is like Johto.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Sinnoh. it's one of my favorites actually, but you hear people complaining about it all the time.
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

Hoenn suffered from no backwards-compatibility, but its biggest weakness when it came out was the lack of available 1st and 2nd gen pokemon. They were programmed in the game, but were unobtainable until Fire Red / Leaf Green came out. It also didn't have much in the way of post-game, hindering it even further. The biodiversity, the uniquely-placed cities, and tropical-themed pokemon gave the games some interest, but it was still a step back in the franchise, especially with no day/night feature.

Sinnoh was a legendary-dump. It seemed like anyone who wanted to make a legendary for the game could add it in and it would be accepted.

Unova was ... Unova. I think by far it divided the pokemon community the most into people who really loved it and people who really hated it. It also didn't help the franchise introduced the first actual pokemon fusions with the Tao trio.

Unova hands down. The story's good but the Pokemon are garbage.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast