Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone concerned that none of Ash's older pokemon might appear this arc?

Why would anyone be "concerned" because the majority of Ash's old Pokemon have been ignored? I thought it became apparent a while ago that the writers would focus on his Unova Pokemon, which haven't developed much and are in dire need of more attention. I mean when was it even implied that Ash would suddenly bring back several of his old Pokemon? Just because Charizard was featured on some merchandise and some posters? The best that guaranteed is that he's coming back, but that says nothing about Ash's Oak'd Pokemon.

Other than Charizard they won't be used in this arc but that doesn't mean won't get one last tournament arc before the series ends, so don't say this untill BW series actually ends.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I think Bulbasaur and Corphish still have a good shot at making an appearance.

But no, Gabite and Croconaw are most likely not happening which for some reason is what most people here want.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

i hope not i would like to see some of ash's other pokemon return preferbly his rarely used pokemon such as muk and kingler just to see how N reacts to them. why? because they so rarely used and i dont know if they train so i want to know what they think of ash especially considering the fact ash never really bonded with them that much do to them being rarely called upon.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Muk is sitting in a corner crying right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    No he's on top of the professor hugging him right now lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    No he's on top of the professor hugging him right now lol.
    Yes... hugging... that's it. ^^"
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Kingler has been bawling his eyes out for years lol

Muk, Kingler, and Totodile are probably the main ones that will never see a battle again. Granted two of them appeared in the Sinnoh league, but that was about it lol.

I wouldn't say that at all; they all have equal chances to appear.. Don't forget that to this day, Muk and Kingler are Ash's only fully evolved Pokémon of their respective types and can therefore be really useful in battles.. Totodile is a starter, he'll pop up from time to time just like the others..

Muk appeared for 2 sec ish so he does count.

pokemon i want for bw2: none

current bw2 pokemon team:

All stars gen pokemon team: 1st gen: , 2nd gen: , 3rd gen: , 4th gen: , 5th gen: 6th Gen:???

Muk's appearance alone should give hope for other reserves to appear.

There's been no saga where Ash's traveling companions haven't witnessed Ash's Pokemon staying with Oak or anyone else, so why worry? Even if the appearances are just cameos of them chilling in Oak's garden of goodness, it's still an appearance.

i dont care..im excited to see charzard and it'd be cool to see others but charzard would be the most useful out of all of his (and most powerful)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So far Charizard of course is being heavily promoted to get a comeback...but nobody else is. With the knowledge that this gen is ending by October and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any major tournament on the horizon, is anyone getting worried that we won't actually see Ash use any older Pokemon this saga?

I was really hoping Gible would return to get the Phanpy treatment, (and it meeting Iris was a given), as well as see some of Ash's other older Pokemon that we haven't seen in a while.

But knowing most of this arc is about Team Plasma and only seeing Charizard is making me curious. So far the writers have always had Ash bring back older Pokemon for the tail-end of a generation, because once the new one starts he goes fresh again. I think there may simply be nothing to bring the others back for this time.
    No I don't watch the series anymore so it won't affect me..... though in all seriousness would it actually make sense for him to appear? Not much of the younger gen of fans (which is the anime target audience) would actually know who he is so to them really it would be a random Pokemon that Ash owns so the impact of him coming back won't be much. Also how would it fit in with the story I mean having Charizard appear for no reason would be pointless and remember there are older fans that are hating on this series so the appearance of an old Pokemon would be seen as a huge waste for a series that they hate. Unless it improves the ratings none of his old Pokemon would be making much of an appearance

It's only been a few days and people already forgot about Muk's 2 seconds cameo. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    i dont care..im excited to see charzard and it'd be cool to see others but charzard would be the most useful out of all of his (and most powerful)
    ya im excited for charizard~ which it was infernape >.> inb4 sinnoh/infernape haters

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Yes... hugging... that's it. ^^"
    Lmfao stop being this is a kinds forum xD...

I think that Ash older pokemon could come back apart from Charizard. It will be a select few but they will appear. The difference with Charizard and the other is 1) that his return will be epic, 2) that Charizard will be the star of the arc and 3) Charizard will have a big role in the movie. For this reason Charizard is getting a lot of merchandise, the movie being the main one.

You can't say that no older pokemon apart from Charizard will appear because:
    -We don't know how Charizard will came to the anime. And we don't know why Charizard appears in the anime. And we know that Charizard won't fly himself from Johto to Unova. The most probable ways that Charizard will come would be through Liza (or a Charific character), through Oak's system (are connected with Juniper?) and through Dawn (the least probable).
    -We are in the ending of a gneration. Now this is the moment where Ash's pokemon could get a good showing. Now that promotion of Gen V doesn't matter much and promotion of Gen VI hasn't started yet is the perfect time to showcase older pokemon. It's true that one of the only few things confirmed in XY is that older pokemon will return but new pokemon takes preference.
    -The League wasn't the time to show his reserves. Apart from possible dissapointments, you must remember that 80% of Unova League saga was only ewith new pokemon. Remember that the League was planned to have only Gen V pokemon. What the writers do is to give the Samurott rival an older pokemon to promote and give the winner of the league a "marketable" promotion.
    -And we don't know that will be no battles. I expect two big battles directly or undirectly related to Team Plasma. And I see three main ways of showing battles:
    -PWT "Senior Cup" with 8 participants, 3 round and where Ash and Colress fight (NOT Iris and NOT Cilan). The main battle would be Ash vs Colress. Ash wins. After that, Ash vs N (B vs W) (6vs6) and Ash vs Ghetsis? (6vs6)?
    - Ash vs Colress (3vs3 to 5vs5), Ash vs N (6vs6) and a last tournament to give farewell to the sidekick's rivalries.
    -My freaking idea based on the games where N wins the League with his Reshiram. Ash vs Elite 4 (3vs3, 4vs4 at MOST) and Ash vs N (6vs6) will be the battles.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

There's no need for any of Ash's older Pokemon to appear. Hell, I question whether Charizard coming back is absolutely necessary.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    Nope that would be Snorlax and Totodile as his most useful and that's a FACT. This thread is done as Snorlax and Totodile are the only one that matter........(Gets on hands and Knees) PLEASE WRITERS BRING BACK SNORLAX AND TOTODILE PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    Nope that would be Snorlax and Totodile as his most useful and that's a FACT. This thread is done as Snorlax and Totodile are the only one that matter........(Gets on hands and Knees) PLEASE WRITERS BRING BACK SNORLAX AND TOTODILE PLEASE
    Exactly how is Totodile useful?

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    if Ash is ever forced to enter a dance off?

I reeaaalllyyy want to see Charizard again!!!! But an appearance from torterra or infernape would be great, too....
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Well that's easy hes God And Snorlax is Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    Well that's easy hes God And Snorlax is Jesus
    Forgive me you make perfect sense. Everyone should bow down to them. :rolleyes

Lol like Ace said Totodile is only useful for a dance off

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast