Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon different feelings?

Default Pokemon different feelings?

Just like happened with Zelda and Mario, pokemon had to evolve in 3D. In Diamond and Pearl 3D was introduced and from those games every game had more 3D models and more. In Black and White 2 almost everything is 3D, but still the sprites of pokemon and people are with pixels. Now the new that Mystery Dungeon and X and Y are full 3D, the things feel a lot different. I'm not saying it is bad, I still love pokemon and I will always, but it just feels different with full 3D. What do you guys think? Is pokemon different or still the same?

And again, pokemon is still awesome, I am not critisizing pokemon.

I think, like anything, we'll eventually get used to it.

I have a soft spot for 2D sprites, so a part of me is apprehensive to move into 3D space, but I'm sure we'll love it once we're used to it.

I get what you mean though, it does feel a little different, almost more grown up...
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

I think it is the same. We will get used to this. It had to happen sometime.
    Anyway, GF still kept the cartoonish look that we have come to love.
    Most of our feelings are just nostalgia, we just need to get over it and then we will find out that these are just the same games we have all gown up with. Just that it grew up with us as well

You'll get used to it. I hope they can finally change that ugly *** sprite Charizard has.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

i love it already, it seems like we are playing a stadium game on out 3ds's ^_^.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I actually (gasp!) like the 3D sprites, the real problem will be how the actual Pokemon look like in 3D.
    ~marioluigifan05

I will say what i said before x and y's release. I do like the 2d sprites and always will =D. But we do need the new 3d graphics to keep the games fresh and keep going forward. I like them both and will continue to play pokemon =D
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I feel okay with the 3D. Well, I would say... FINALLLY a Pokemon rpg game totally in 3D!

From the images, I would say that it isn't the same. It is much better.

I've always prefered 2D for the majority of games: Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Zelda, and Pokémon too. I do like the console spin-offs for what they are, but I've always given big respect to Pokémon for keeping it true in that matter. I'm not a terrible big fan of how it looks either, working with 3D I've never liked the 3DS' graphics, its like the middle ground between bad and good 3D, the textures get a little filthy sometimes. I'd have liked if the handhelds stayed 2D and left the consoles with the 3D. Still, I'm not gonna yell out and say its bad before I've tried it, but as of right now I'm dissapointed that one of the sole defenders of 2D has abandoned that style, 2D gaming is about to die it seems, and it is terribly sad for gamers like me who worship good 2D sprites. I'm feeling the same about the next Mystery Dungeon games.

But hey, hopefully you guys are right, we'll get used to it.
    Last edited by Masterofknees; 16th January 2013 at 8:50 PM.

I do not like the idea that I have to buy a 3DS to continue enjoying Pokemon, but the new 3D-stuff looks decent enough

Well , I don't know what would happen, but I expect good things of it, I hope that with this new features will make the franchise grow
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I just hope Nintendo realizes that we all KNOW the only reason they decided to only release X and Y for 3DS only is because it's a failed system so far. xD

I think it was in the news that Nintendo is using X and Y to save the 3DS system.

I'm okay with it being released this way because I found out that you can turn the 3D setting on and off as you wish, even with the 3DS games. You can also play your original DS games on it, but they don't have the 3D option.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    I just hope Nintendo realizes that we all KNOW the only reason they decided to only release X and Y for 3DS only is because it's a failed system so far. xD

I think it was in the news that Nintendo is using X and Y to save the 3DS system.
    I haven't heard that anywhere. Nor have I heard that the 3DS was a failed system. For some reason, people seem to believe Nintendo was just going to give up on the 3DS and stay on the DS. That was never going to happen. The 3DS's sales have been going up. X and Y were never going to be released on anything except the 3DS.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by cantavanda View Post
    What do you guys think? Is pokemon different or still the same?
    A red Toyota Yaris is no different internally from a blue Toyota Yaris the only different that exist is the colour of the car.

This is the same for Pokémon going into 3D the core gameplay mechanic will still be the same as the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow but the different is that that graphic is now in full 3D due to it being on a powerful system.

I just hope Nintendo realizes that we all KNOW the only reason they decided to only release X and Y for 3DS only is because it's a failed system so far.
    What just like why they released Diamond and Pearl for the DS because the DS was a failed system? The 3DS is not a failed system and as of 30 09 2012 the 3DS has sold;

-7.94 millions in Japan
    -7.38 millions in The US
    -6.88 millions in other regions

That makes a combined total of 22.19 millions 3DS unit sold.

Furthermore Game Freak started development on Pokémon X and Y in 2010.

Soure

Well then you should have no problem in digging up that news report and showing it to us so you can back up your statement.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 17th January 2013 at 2:05 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

the 3ds is not a failed system,it has great games and great potential
    my b/w 2 team:
    black 2:

white 2 :

Read this, then tell me if you think the 3DS is a failed system cause clearly it's doing well, especially with a game that hasn't even hit US shores yet.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    I haven't heard that anywhere. Nor have I heard that the 3DS was a failed system. For some reason, people seem to believe Nintendo was just going to give up on the 3DS and stay on the DS. That was never going to happen. The 3DS's sales have been going up. X and Y were never going to be released on anything except the 3DS.
    I read a news story about it. The headline was, "Can Pokemon X and Y Save the Nintendo 3DS?"

I also read online at many different sources that you can turn off the 3D settings on the system.

Here's part of a Nintendo 3DS review here http://ds.about.com/od/nintendods101...ntendo-3ds.htm.

"The 3D Depth is Adjustable - If the 3D effect is too intense for you, you can adjust its depth to a comfortable point using a slider on the side of the top screen. You can also turn it off entirely, which Nintendo recommends for gamers aged 6 and under."
    Last edited by *~Silver*~; 17th January 2013 at 2:34 AM.

I prefer the 2D sprites, but I want the game be faster. Basically I feel excited for the new Gen, so I've got no problem about it being in 3D.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I read a news story about it. The headline was, "Can Pokemon X and Y Save the Nintendo 3DS?"

I also read online at many different sources that you can turn off the 3D settings on the system.

Here's part of a Nintendo 3DS review here http://ds.about.com/od/nintendods101...ntendo-3ds.htm.

"The 3D Depth is Adjustable - If the 3D effect is too intense for you, you can adjust its depth to a comfortable point using a slider on the side of the top screen. You can also turn it off entirely, which Nintendo recommends for gamers aged 6 and under."
    None of which has anything to do with anything. It's not a matter of opinion - to claim the 3DS is a failing system is simply wrong, as is the claim that X and Y are here to "save" the system.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    None of which has anything to do with anything. It's not a matter of opinion - to claim the 3DS is a failing system is simply wrong, as is the claim that X and Y are here to "save" the system.
    More than anything, I feel that X and Y is gonna be the Vita's coffin.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I just found it, and it was a professional site, but when I read it a lot of the facts didn't seem right, so on that part, sorry, I should have looked at the story in more depth.

There's a HUGE difference between when the 3DS came out and when the original DS came out. DS doesn't have the 3D element that is widely known to hurt peoples' eyes and give them headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You made two comments. One of which referring to the news story, which I looked at and it didn't seem accurate to me, and I'm sorry for not looking at it better before posting. The other comment I thought was referring to my claim that you could turn down and even off the 3D settings, but I guess I was wrong. I still don't see why it's such a big deal. I'm being totally dissed for a simple mistake. -_- My gosh, it's not like I'm claiming the world is going to end, like many did for the 21st last month.

You know, they did such a good job at making guys like Mienshoo, Dratini, Litwick, Psyduck, Magikarp and Golurk look like their old, 2D selves that I support this change. But the overworld looks awful, IMO...I hope they work on that part a bit more.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    More than anything, I feel that X and Y is gonna be the Vita's coffin.
    Not really, the Vita is struggling in sale simply because Sony made far to many mistake and thus the developers and consumer are passing over it.

It also doesn't help that Sony is treating the Vita as a portable PS3.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast