Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean One Shots

Default Pirates of the Caribbean One Shots

Since I enjoyed writing a Pirates/Pokemon crossover so much, I decided to create a One-Shot series for it, which will include some fun, short stories including the characters from Creature of Storms and their Pokemon! I am thinking about a sequel fic to Creature of Storms now, but I thought I'd give the One-Shots a try first. Hope you all enjoy!

Gentleman’s Wagers

The Black Pearl sailed across the vast sea in the middle of the day. The sun barely shined through the numerous clouds in the sky as the slight breeze slowly blew against the porous, black sails of the ship. Though the crew of this ship was accustomed to long, fast-paced, eventful days, today was rather dull. Most of the crew finished their work for the day early and either slept or laid around. It was at least a month since the grand adventure at Cinnabar Island where they faced off against legendary Pokemon of the sea and earth. Though it was nice to sit back and relax once in a while, most of the crew was waiting for their next adventure to happen.

On the deck of the ship outside, Pintel sat in a chair with a small, wooden table in front of him. A chessboard with all of the figurines set up sat there as Pintel stared at the empty chair on the other side of the table. “Where is that boy?” he grumbled to his Pokemon, Weezing, who floated behind him with purple smoke leaking out of the craters on its body. Pintel turned to face Weezing. “Too bad you don’t have arms, otherwise you could play against me,” he said.

“Weeeezing,” the two-headed Pokemon responded.

Pintel planted his head in the palms of his hands, which were being propped up by his elbows on the table. He quickly sat back up when he saw Ragetti come up from the bottom floor of the ship. “Well, it’s about time you showed up,” Pintel said. “I’m bored to tears over here.”

Ragetti, wearing his eye patch rather than his usual glass eye, didn’t say anything. He simply slapped the side of his head as if to say, “I’m sorry” before he sat down across from Pintel. Before Pintel could get another word in, Ragetti quickly moved his first pawn.

Pintel held his hand out. “Wait, wait, hang on there,” he said. He pulled three shillings out of his pocket and dropped them on the table next to the board. “You know we gotta bet the usual.”

Ragetti smiled as he also placed three of his own shillings next to Pintel’s. He then nodded his head once and motioned for Pintel to make his move. Pintel raised an eyebrow. “Ooookay then. Don’t know what’s into you today but I’ll go now,” he said as he also moved one of his pawns forward. The two pirates spent their next few turns moving pawns until the bigger pieces got enough space.

Pintel’s tongue was hanging out of his lips as he anxiously slid his rook near Ragetti’s queen. Ragetti let out a high pitch snicker as he quickly eliminated the rook with a knight that seemed to come out of nowhere. Pintel placed his hands on his bald head. “Wait! No! How?!” he frantically said. He turned to Weezing. “You see that?”

“Zing, Weezing,” Weezing responded as it closed its eyes and shook its head.

Ragetti revealed his filthy teeth as he grinned while quickly disposing of Pintel’s pieces in a matter of minutes. Pintel was eventually left with only his king and two pawns. He stared at the board wide-eyed then looked up at Ragetti, who was still smirking. “You ain’t never been this good before!” Pintel said accusingly. “What are you doin’ different this time? You better not be cheating!” Ragetti simply shook his head.

Ragetti slumped in his seat as he was trying to think of what his next move would be avoid a checkmate. Ragetti still had his queen, two rooks, a knight, and four pawns remaining. Gibbs, who had his parrot Pokemon Chatot on his shoulder, walked by and inspected the board. “Bugger,” he said as he chuckled and nudged a clearly annoyed Pintel. “You really got yerself in a bind here, mate,” he said.

“Tell me somethin’ I don’t know!” Pintel said as he threw his hands up in frustration. “I’m about to be down three shillings!”

Gibbs inched his head closer to the board and rubbed his hairy chin and his eyes shifted back and forth across the board. He shrugged his shoulders. “Sorry, I got nothin’ I can help you with here,” he said to Pintel.

“That’s a shocker,” Chatot remarked.

“Hey!” Gibbs said as he turned to face his bird. “Like you could do any better!”

“I beat you all the time,” Chatot said.

“Just those two times!” Gibbs said. “The third time was a stalemate.”

“Still pathetic,” Chatot said.

Gibbs walked away as he continued to argue with Chatot. Pintel shook his eyes as he watched them depart. “Thanks fer nothin’,” he said. He flicked his king to the ground with his finger and pushed his money over to Ragetti’s side of the table. “Whatever, I’ll win those back. What say we go for some 21?”

Ragetti’s eyes widened as he quickly nodded his head. He took the six shillings and put them in his pocket. He then took out his next wager, which was a bottle filled with rum. “So we’re bettin’ rum now?” Pintel asked. “Okay, I’m fine with that. Weezing, a little help?”

Weezing hovered to the other side of the ship and took a bottle of rum out of Pintel’s stash of stuff cluttered on the ground. It handed the bottle to Pintel, who had to wipe some of the sludge off of the top of the bottle where Weezing had carried it in its mouth. “Ehh, thanks,” Pintel said in digust as he placed the bottle on the table next to Ragetti’s. “You got the cards?” he asked Ragetti.

Before Pintel could even finish the question, Ragetti pulled out a deck of cards. He quickly shuffled and distributed them. Pintel watched in amazement at the speed of Ragetti’s hands. “When did you learn to do that?”

Ragetti responded by shrugging his shoulders. He then flipped the necessary cards around and went first. He had two cards flipped over, both tens, giving him a total of 20. He decided to stop there. “Okay…” Pintel said as he began his turn. He saw the nine in front of him. “Hit me.” Ragetti flipped another one of Pintel’s cards over, revealing a ten. “So that makes…” Pintel thought for a minute. “Oh yeah, nineteen. Very close!” he said. He eyed the bottles of rum and then saw the smug look on Ragetti’s face. “But not close enough. I need to beat your score of 20. Hit me again, bilge rat!”

Ragetti flipped over another card, revealing a three. Pintel leaped for joy, knocking his chair over. “Yes! I won!” he shouted.

Angelica, who happened to be walking by, stopped and stared at the knocked over chair and then at Pintel. “What are you so excited about?” she asked.

“Oh, hey, Mrs. Sparrow! I’m just happy that I whipped Ragetti and am about to take his rum!” he pointed at his cards. “See that? 21!” Angelica leaned over to look at the cards. She facepalmed but couldn’t help smiling. “What’s so funny?” Pintel asked.

“Do me a favor and add three to nineteen one more time,” Angelica said.

Pintel stared off into the ocean as he took a few seconds to count on his fingers. As the realization hit him he pounded his fist on the table hard. “Dang it!” he shouted.

Angelica laughed and shook her head in amusement as she walked off to another part of the ship. Pintel slid his slimy rum bottle over to Ragetti, who gladly accepted it. Pintel’s yellow eyes were angrily fixed on Ragetti, who rested his arms behind his head and leaned back in his chair as he reveled in his new riches. “You think that’s funny, huh? Alright, one more game! Wager’s gonna be the first two combined! Three more shillings AND a bottle of rum! Whaddya say?” Pintel asked.

Ragetti crossed his arms and nodded his head. He waved his hand at Pintel in a motion that said, “Bring it on!”

Pintel pulled out three cups and a small, metal sphere and set them all on the table. He lined the cups in a row and placed the sphere underneath the middle cup. “Okay, you ready?” Pintel asked.

Ragetti nodded his head as his one eye was focused on the middle cup. Pintel’s hands started moving as fast as they could go. He slid the cups around the table, shifting them around and doing his best to make Ragetti lose the cup containing the sphere. His tongue stuck out of his mouth again as he grew more and more intense while shifting the cups. He stopped just before his wrists began cramping. He put his hand out in front of the cups as if he was presenting them. “There, just try and find it!” Pintel said proudly. “Even I don’t know where it is!”

Without even taking a moment to think, Ragetti lifted the cup on the far right, revealing the sphere. Pintel stared in amazement. “Wait….I…..how…..just…..DAAAH!” he pounded his fist on the table again. “That’s been the story of my luck today!” He turned to Weezing. “Ain’t that right?” He quickly noticed that Weezing wasn’t there anymore. “Even my own Pokemon is ducking out on me now,” Pintel muttered. “Fine then. Show me what you got, Ragetti.”

Jack walked up by the table as Ragetti lined up the cups. “Angelica tells me your wagers have been quite amusing today,” he said. “I think I’ll watch this one. What’s the bet?”

“Three shillings and rum,” Pintel answered as his eyes were fixed on the cup that Ragetti placed the sphere under.

“Uh oh, don’t want to lose this one,” Jack said. “By the way, anyone see my Zorua anywhere?”

Pintel shrugged, not taking his eyes off the cup. “Eh, probably the same place my Weezing wandered off to. Anyway, let’s get started, Ragetti!”

Ragetti smirked as his hands suddenly became a blur. The sound of the cups sliding against the wooden table grew more and more rapid as the cups went flying around the table at an insane speed. Pintel’s eyes quickly followed the cup as Ragetti effortlessly mixed the cups around. Once he stopped, Pintel’s eyes felt like they were still moving. He felt incredibly dizzy for a moment. Pintel helplessly looked up at Jack, who looked at Ragetti with amazement and then back at Pintel. “You’re on your own here, mate,” he said as he walked away. “I lost it after the first three seconds.”

Pintel planted his face in his hands. “I can’t believe this.” He looked back up at the three cups. Ragetti proudly smiled as he waited for his opponent to take a guess. Pintel rolled his eyes and sighed as he lifted the middle cup. It didn’t surprise him at all to see nothing there. “Yeah, yeah, I know the drill,” he grumbled as he handed Ragetti three more shillings and another bottle of rum. Pintel flipped the table over and grunted as he put his head down and began walking the other way.

“What’s got you so mad, mate?” a voice in front of Pintel said. Pintel looked up and saw Ragetti, with a glass eye, standing in front of him. “Are we still gonna play chess or what?” Ragetti asked with a look of innocence on his face.

Pintel scratched his head and stood there in confusion as he turned his head and looked back towards the table where the Ragetti with the eye patch placed his new prizes in a sack. He had a devious grin on his face as he gave Pintel a hand salute and began walking away. Pintel spun back around and pointed at the Ragetti with the glass eye. “Soooo wait, if you’re here, then I just got beat by…”

Pintel turned around and saw Zorua’s bushy, black tail slide through the open door. “You little weasel!” he shouted as he stomped across the ship and began chasing Zorua. “Captain Jack, tell your Pokemon to give me my stuff back! I can’t believe this! I got conned by a Pokemon!”

His continued yelling grew more quiet as the door slammed behind him. Ragetti looked down at the knocked over table and chairs and then again at the door. “Guess we ain’t havin’ a game night, then,” he said.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Yes. Yes. This is good stuff. Very nicely done. Loved Pintel's reaction when he found out it was Zorua. Good work, can't wait for the next one! And if there's going to be a PM list, I'd like to be on it.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 1 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Yes. Yes. This is good stuff. Very nicely done. Loved Pintel's reaction when he found out it was Zorua. Good work, can't wait for the next one! And if there's going to be a PM list, I'd like to be on it.
    Thank you very much Missingno.! I'd be happy to put you on the PM List.

Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

Well, well, well, I'm a little surprised to see this, but very excited.

It was fun and entertaining to read, and I look forward to seeing more of these (and the sequel). I would also love to be put on the PM list.

Knightfall signing off....

Well, well, well, I'm a little surprised to see this, but very excited.

It was fun and entertaining to read, and I look forward to seeing more of these (and the sequel). I would also love to be put on the PM list.
    Thank you! I want to make sure I have all of the best ideas I can come up with for the sequel so I figured doing this would be fun until all of those plans are set. And yes, you are added to the PM List