Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Plot Thread

Default March Plot Thread

Just picked up the latest Ichiban, which begins the 8 finalists' combats.

Apparently, after Brycen learnt about that the kidnapped Gymleaders are at somewhere dark and quiet, and that they have no recollection of their kidnapping made him get an idea where they might be. He heads off to find them.

Iris reveals that she has actually obtained the 8 Badges before she met Black at Icirrus (meaning she has been hiding her strength when she easily lost to Drayden?). Black is surprised to see Cheren, but they didn't get a chance to talk as the Announcer interrupted them. The finalists are sent into carts where they are randomly assigned to fight one another. The names of the unknown characters are also revealed.

Iris vs Zinzolin (who uses the name Grey)
    Cheren vs the Pokemaniac kid (named Petashi - don't think it's an actual ingame character)
    Marlon vs the hooded guy (actually named Hood Man)
    Black vs Looker (who disguises his name as Handa Somrou, a play on his Japanese name Handsome)

The one who emerges victorious among the 8 will battle the Elite 4. Since Alder is missing, one will become the Champion simply by defeating the Elite 4.

This chapter features the battle between Black and Looker, with Tula vs Croagunk. Apparently, no one knows what kind of Pokemon Croagunk is because it is not an local Unova Pokemon. Black's Pokedex could not register it and he had to battle it to guess its typing. Although Croagunk gained the upperhand initially, Tula eventually managed to defeat it with its electric net.

Looker vanishes right away after he lost, and takes off his mask (which he calls Gadget number 13: Unbelievable Metamorphosis Set). He is contacted by his Headquarters, who say his disguise wasn't too good. The International Police keeps his eyes on the mysterious finalists, Petashi, the Hood Man, and especially Grey (Zinzolin), whom he is confident is one of the Seven Sages.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Please tell me his Croagunk still wears its hat.

Well, I guess Pokemaniac and cloaked guy are gone next.

13? I forget, but did Looker ever use an 11? I remember him using 1-10 and 12, but no 11.

Zinzolin's Gray? Hah. Does that mean he's the next Dex hold*shot*
    Last edited by lolipiece; 18th January 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Wow, what it's so fast!!

I am very excited, thanks Coronis XD

Sounds very interesting.

I'm really looking forward to finding out where the gym leaders are. And this battle between Black and Looker as well. Really cannot wait.

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Just picked up the latest Ichiban, which begins the 8 finalists' combats.

Apparently, after Brycen learnt about that the kidnapped Gymleaders are at somewhere dark and quiet, and that they have no recollection of their kidnapping made him get an idea where they might be. He heads off to find them.

Iris reveals that she has actually obtained the 8 Badges before she met Black at Icirrus (meaning she has been hiding her strength when she easily lost to Drayden?). Black is surprised to see Cheren, but they didn't get a chance to talk as the Announcer interrupted them. The finalists are sent into carts where they are randomly assigned to fight one another. The names of the unknown characters are also revealed.

Cheren vs the Pokemaniac kid (named Petashi - don't think it's an actual ingame character)
    Marlon vs the hooded guy (actually named Hood Man)
    Black vs Looker (who disguises his name as Handa Somrou, a play on his Japanese name Handsome)

The one who emerges victorious among the 8 will battle the Elite 4. Since Alder is missing, one will become the Champion simply by defeating the Elite 4.

This chapter features the battle between Black and Looker, with Tula vs Croagunk. Apparently, no one knows what kind of Pokemon Croagunk is because it is not an local Unova Pokemon. Black's Pokedex could not register it and he had to battle it to guess its typing. Although Croagunk gained the upperhand initially, Tula eventually managed to defeat it with its electric net.

Looker vanishes right away after he lost, and takes off his mask (which he calls Gadget number 13: Unbelievable Metamorphosis Set). He is contacted by his Headquarters, who say his disguise wasn't too good. The International Police keeps his eyes on the mysterious finalists, Petashi, the Hood Man, and especially Grey (Zinzolin), whom he is confident is one of the Seven Sages.

Coronis~
    Thanks for the summary Coronis. The Pokemon league seems to get some awesome battles. It was expected that Looker would lose, well at least we'll be able to see more of him, since he hasn't finished his job. I'm curious about the mysterious trainers and when Black has to fight against Iris, if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Thanks for the summary Coronis. The Pokemon league seems to get some awesome battles. It was expected that Looker would lose, well at least we'll be able to see more of him, since he hasn't finished his job. I'm curious about the mysterious trainers and when Black has to fight against Iris, if that happens.
    Before this, we will see Iris defeated Zinzolin...... cool.

Yes, Croagunk still keeps its hat (not during the battle of course). Will post some pics when I get to my scanner at home.

As for the Gadgets, 11 was indeed missing, which is assumed by the Japanese community to be the unnamed handcuffs he used on Charon, which is the only 'gadget' he used between showcasing 10 and 12.

I'm personally wondering about the significance of the Hood Man in the future. All the characters with sealed faces often hold major roles in PokeSP. The masked man (Mask of Ice), the armored man (Guile Hideout), and now the Hood Man. His eyes are drawn in a peculiar way which do not exactly remind me of any past characters. We'll just wait and see what happens.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Yes, Croagunk still keeps its hat (not during the battle of course). Will post some pics when I get to my scanner at home.

As for the Gadgets, 11 was indeed missing, which is assumed by the Japanese community to be the unnamed handcuffs he used on Charon, which is the only 'gadget' he used between showcasing 10 and 12.

I'm personally wondering about the significance of the Hood Man in the future. All the characters with sealed faces often hold major roles in PokeSP. The masked man (Mask of Ice), the armored man (Guile Hideout), and now the Hood Man. His eyes are drawn in a peculiar way which do not exactly remind me of any past characters. We'll just wait and see what happens.

Coronis~
    Suddenly remembered, the Seven Sages have a member called Rood, but...... well, I don't know......

Awesome summary Coronis! Black vs Looker sounds like a match I would have liked to have read so it must have been a fairly entertaining battle. I think it's cool that Looker used his Croagunk and everyone is wondering what it is. Really gives that foregin Pokemon feel, which I love. I guess Alder's not going to be the champion much longer and given he's not there I doubt Black will ultimately win the tournament. I wonder if N will crash the party later. So glad Looker is back.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I don't think 2 sages participate in the league . Zinzolin is enough . I'm so excited in the battle of Marlon and Hood Man . If Marlon and Cheren didn't win any match , how could they be new gym leaders ? But i want to see more of the Hood Man too . He seems to be pretty dark .
    And our powerful Iris :-x she will crush Zinzolin . . . Grey . . . I think the ' Grey ' should be the last name of Hugh . . . I want him to be the star of BW2 with much more attention . . .
    Btw , these Unova league chapters are very interesting .

Just a thought, but is there any chance the hooded guy or the pokemaniac kid could be N's zorua in human form?

fb | trades | pc
    *team pose by Luxraymaster

Coronis~
    I should had known. It's surprising that Looker was using Croakgunk all along. And I thought he had other Pokemon. But the clues you said: Masked Man (Pryce), Guile Hideout (Archie), and now Hood Man (Unknown). And what people say it's true that N is not Hood Man, then N must be somewhere else with Zekrom. If all of us are going to figure out who the Hood Man is, your clue about the eye might be the key, or what Pokemon the Hood Man is going to use against Marlon.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Awesome work, Coronis!

Goddamnit, Kusaka. This is going to get so many people in a frenzy.

In b4 "Hood Man is Sird". Yes, it might look like a man, but that's not going to stop some moron from coming in here insisting that it's Sird.

Okay, that's just hilariously awesome. I want to see how Viz handles this.
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 18th January 2013 at 9:01 PM. Reason: Yikes, the censor lets the word "dips**t" through!
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

Wow Black wins his first Pokemon League Match. And Hoping that he battles Iris. That would be an interesting battle. Cheren is in the league too. Awesome. Maybe saving Black VS Cheren for last match. Hoping for that. Now that Looker is keeping an eye out on the finalists. What will go down? Hoping that Black will win the league.

Banner made by Skiyomi

The Hooded Man is probably Ghetsis then. Coronis has convinced me that if the character is disguised, then he is too important and potentially a villain to be Hiker Andy. Though I have no idea what would give Ghetsis a reason to participate in the tournament (and if it's to get into N's Castle, then he wouldn't have to do that while Black may have to).

I think maybe Hood Man is another character . Not Ghetsis . Because of the dark skin . Not Sird . She doesn't have any purpose to do that . If she want to mess with Mewtwo , then . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JetshipperKekkaishi View Post
    Wow Black wins his first Pokemon League Match. And Hoping that he battles Iris. That would be an interesting battle. Cheren is in the league too. Awesome. Maybe saving Black VS Cheren for last match. Hoping for that. Now that Looker is keeping an eye out on the finalists. What will go down? Hoping that Black will win the league.
    This would be his third match actually. And i'm thinking Black vs Iris will be the final battle of the Tournament. Maybe Black vs Cheren could be the fight of the Top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    This would be his third match actually. And i'm thinking Black vs Iris will be the final battle of the Tournament. Maybe Black vs Cheren could be the fight of the Top 4.
    Yeah I agree. And then Black wins narrowly and gets to advance to the Elite Four rounds which would then lead to the multiple-round final battle in N's castle. My prediction is that Black will be offered the title of Champion but due to some character development after being abandoned by Musha, Black refuses and so the title gets handed to runner-up Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Yeah I agree. And then Black wins narrowly and gets to advance to the Elite Four rounds which would then lead to the multiple-round final battle in N's castle. My prediction is that Black will be offered the title of Champion but due to some character development after being abandoned by Musha, Black refuses and so the title gets handed to runner-up Iris.
    In the meantime White has to do something important, i mean she is a main character and a Dexholder after all.
    And where is Bianca? If she became Prof. Juniper's assistant then shouldn't she be there with them giving support to Black? Wait! Could Bianca be Hood Man?...Naaa that's to far fetched...

The Hooded Man is probably Ghetsis then. Coronis has convinced me that if the character is disguised, then he is too important and potentially a villain to be Hiker Andy. Though I have no idea what would give Ghetsis a reason to participate in the tournament (and if it's to get into N's Castle, then he wouldn't have to do that while Black may have to).
    That would be stupid. Ghetsis already has Zinzolin, so why would he infiltrate the championship if he already has someone else on the inside?

My prediction is that Black will be offered the title of Champion but due to some character development after being abandoned by Musha, Black refuses and so the title gets handed to runner-up Iris.
    I could almost bet money on this. Everything in the plot is pointing in that particular direction. All we need is an emotional reunion between Black and his pink brain-leech.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

Spoiler:- img:

I love how they incorporated the VS sprites.

Huh. Looker's kind of a harsh battler.

Cheren looks depressed. It's probably Alder related.

Spoiler:- Nothing to see here. Nothing at all.:
    Last edited by lolipiece; 19th January 2013 at 11:31 AM.

It seems to take on 3 VS 3, but as long as there is a lost Pokemon that lose.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
        Spoiler:- img:
    Definitely looking forward to this, it seriously looks awesome.

Really hoping that Black does defeat the Pokemon league.

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

Thanks Lolipiece. Now that we see what he looks like (he or she almost has the Guile Hideout piece), now we just need to see the Hood Man's Pokemon. It's strange, he's eyes looks almost familiar, like Sird's. Unless I'm mistaken, the Hood Man could be Colress. I'll just wait and see.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Looker's Disguise. XD

Besides, The hooded man's mask kinda looks like Guile Hideout's mask. Kinda sensing that Sird has some tie to this person under this mask. Though I wouldn't doubt it that it would be someone like Colress or Team Plasma related under that mask. But knowing how the PokeSpecial is with turning non-villainous in-game characters to villians in it, This person might be someone like Roxie since we haven't seen her in the Special yet.

Smashin' !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast