Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 80

Thread: March Plot Thread

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    Looker's Disguise. XD

    Besides, The hooded man's mask kinda looks like Guile Hideout's mask. Kinda sensing that Sird has some tie to this person under this mask. Though I wouldn't doubt it that it would be someone like Colress or Team Plasma related under that mask. But knowing how the PokeSpecial is with turning non-villainous in-game characters to villians in it, This person might be someone like Roxie since we haven't seen her in the Special yet.
    Well, truthfully, there is no reason for Colress or any Plasma grunt to hide behind a mask. And like people on here said, the mask really does look like Guile Hideout's mask. I'm still putting my money on Sird being over and done with by the end of HGSS though so I'm not gonna speculate that the Hood Man is connected to her. But if she either doesn't appear in Volume 43 or she isn't defeated by the end, then maybe I'll speculate that Sird is connected to Hood Man. Though, I seriously can't think of any reason for Sird to get involved in the Unova League and I see little ways for her to tie in with Unova's plot.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    163

    Default

    This Hood Man looks tall and thin . It's nothing similar to Roxie's appearance . I don't think he's Roxie . He has a thing related to Sird . But it's not clearly . Lets wait and see . Maybe a bigger villain will be after him . Even bigger than Ghetsis . .
    And Iris was so cute . She seems to care about Black all time . White , where are you ?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,286

    Default

    Or Hood Man could be absolutely no one important.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Or Hood Man could be absolutely no one important.
    I doubt it. If he was nobody important, there wouldn't be any reason to conceal his identity in the first place.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I doubt it. If he was nobody important, there wouldn't be any reason to conceal his identity in the first place.
    Except there would. For a Red Herring.

    Wouldn't be the first time we've had one in this chapter.....

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    72

    Default

    What if the Hood Man is not a villian. Maybe he is just a Pokedex Holder in disguise?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    What if the Hood Man is not a villian. Maybe he is just a Pokedex Holder in disguise?
    Why would a dexowner disguise him/ herself in a region that's far away from their and where there's a big possibility that they won't be recognized.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Mexico
    Posts
    254

    Default

    It could be Cynthia in disguise. She showed interest in Unova and maybe is concealing her identity because the Pokemon Association doesn't allow Champions from other regions to participate in the league. Crazy idea, i know, but hey, anything is possible with Kusaka.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Okay, this is not getting off topic. I know everyone is curious about who is the Hood Man, but I agree with the arwan, we need to wait and see until Kusaka unhoods the Hood Man, or wait and see what Pokemon does he or she have. I'm as curious as everyone else. I'm still suspecting it might be Sird from its eyes; however, I'm waiting for Volume 43 to come if Sird is still around and arrested for good or escaped again.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,081

    Default

    Whoever it is, we will be certainly in for a surprise.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    Okay, this is not getting off topic. I know everyone is curious about who is the Hood Man, but I agree with the arwan, we need to wait and see until Kusaka unhoods the Hood Man, or wait and see what Pokemon does he or she have. I'm as curious as everyone else. I'm still suspecting it might be Sird from its eyes; however, I'm waiting for Volume 43 to come if Sird is still around and arrested for good or escaped again.
    Curiously, the eyes really do look like Sird's and the armor seriously matches Guile Hideout's armor. But what reason would Sird have to wear armor that is supposed to grant immortality to the wearer? Could it be possible that in Volume 43, Sird was seriously injured and was on the brink of death and the armor that she gave to Archie is the only thing that could save her life? Even if Sird doesn't physically appear in Volume 43, I wouldn't be surprised if Giovanni reveals that in retaliation for petrifying his son, he attacked Sird and left her seriously injured on the battleground rather than delivering the final blow since he assumed that she was about to die anyway. Or she couldn't escape the battle with Riley without sustaining some blows. Idk, just throwing out some theories.

    Edit: Oh and in terms of tournament results, here's how I think it will turn out:
    Iris vs. Zinzolin (Iris wins and makes the semifinals)
    Cheren vs. Pokemaniac kid (Cheren wins and makes the semifinals)
    Marlon vs. Hood Man (Marlon wins and makes the semifinals)
    Black vs. Looker (Black already won)

    Semifinals:
    Iris vs. Marlon (Iris wins and makes the finals)
    Black vs. Cheren (Black wins and makes the finals, and btw I came up with the semifinals match-up because Black and Cheren are rivals so of course they have to face each other)

    Finals:
    Black vs. Iris (Black wins and gets to battle the Elite Four, which would then lead to the battle in N's Castle)

    The way I came up with these results are that Cheren and Marlon would eventually become Gym Leaders. I'm assuming that the gym leader roles are offered to the Top 4 in the case where a few Gym Leaders resign. And then Black would be offered the champion position but he refuses after some character development after being abandoned by Musha so the position is offered to Iris, who is the next candidate for the position.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 20th January 2013 at 10:26 PM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Originally posted by Macromind101

    Curiously, the eyes really do look like Sird's and the armor seriously matches Guile Hideout's armor. But what reason would Sird have to wear armor that is supposed to grant immortality to the wearer? Could it be possible that in Volume 43, Sird was seriously injured and was on the brink of death and the armor that she gave to Archie is the only thing that could save her life? Even if Sird doesn't physically appear in Volume 43, I wouldn't be surprised if Giovanni reveals that in retaliation for petrifying his son, he attacked Sird and left her seriously injured on the battleground rather than delivering the final blow since he assumed that she was about to die anyway. Or she couldn't escape the battle with Riley without sustaining some blows. Idk, just throwing out some theories.
    Hmm. Sird managed to avoid the battle quickly without a scratch, correct? Or Riley was able to do it giving Sird a final hour? That is quite a theory. If she does, then we'll get to the truth of her survival or just a memory. I say patience for Volume 43 or Hood Man's Pokemon. By the way, I agree with your theories. How else Cheren and Marlon were able to become gym leaders? We already Iris becomes Champion since everyone is guessing that Black will refuse championship of Musha's fear.

    As for the rest of the tournament, what will Drayden do? I'm sure after the tournament he will go back to being a Gym Leader with Iris as Champion, and then continuing on going to BW2 Manga. Wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by Red_the_knight; 20th January 2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: I keep forging about the QUOTE end thing.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Why would a dexowner disguise him/ herself in a region that's far away from their and where there's a big possibility that they won't be recognized.
    1.) The Dexholders could possibly be a little more well-known (if not famous). Remember how Sapphire heard about Red's adventure?

    2.) Gold did exactly that in Emerald with Guile Hideout's armor.

    It could be Cynthia in disguise. She showed interest in Unova and maybe is concealing her identity because the Pokemon Association doesn't allow Champions from other regions to participate in the league. Crazy idea, i know, but hey, anything is possible with Kusaka.
    ...That is a damn good theory. I never really thought of that!

    (OMFG! I can't stop laughing at the Looker-disguise V.S. graphic. I SO want a sprite of that.)
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Curiously, the eyes really do look like Sird's and the armor seriously matches Guile Hideout's armor. But what reason would Sird have to wear armor that is supposed to grant immortality to the wearer? Could it be possible that in Volume 43, Sird was seriously injured and was on the brink of death and the armor that she gave to Archie is the only thing that could save her life? Even if Sird doesn't physically appear in Volume 43, I wouldn't be surprised if Giovanni reveals that in retaliation for petrifying his son, he attacked Sird and left her seriously injured on the battleground rather than delivering the final blow since he assumed that she was about to die anyway. Or she couldn't escape the battle with Riley without sustaining some blows. Idk, just throwing out some theories.

    Edit: Oh and in terms of tournament results, here's how I think it will turn out:
    Iris vs. Zinzolin (Iris wins and makes the semifinals)
    Cheren vs. Pokemaniac kid (Cheren wins and makes the semifinals)
    Marlon vs. Hood Man (Marlon wins and makes the semifinals)
    Black vs. Looker (Black already won)

    Semifinals:
    Iris vs. Marlon (Iris wins and makes the finals)
    Black vs. Cheren (Black wins and makes the finals, and btw I came up with the semifinals match-up because Black and Cheren are rivals so of course they have to face each other)

    Finals:
    Black vs. Iris (Black wins and gets to battle the Elite Four, which would then lead to the battle in N's Castle)

    The way I came up with these results are that Cheren and Marlon would eventually become Gym Leaders. I'm assuming that the gym leader roles are offered to the Top 4 in the case where a few Gym Leaders resign. And then Black would be offered the champion position but he refuses after some character development after being abandoned by Musha so the position is offered to Iris, who is the next candidate for the position.
    I actually think that N will show up when Iris and Black are battling at the finals and forcing the battle to stop with Zekrom.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    1.) The Dexholders could possibly be a little more well-known (if not famous). Remember how Sapphire heard about Red's adventure?
    Hoen and Kanto aren't that far apart comparing to the Unova region and Black didn't recognized Looker's Croagunk. So I think the Unova region is quite secluded from the other regions. I won't be surprised if they don't know much about dexowners either, nor would they see the dexowners as celebrities.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    If I recall correctly, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are all in the same general area while Unova is literally on the other side of the planet. I'm probably getting continuities mixed up, so please feel free to correct me on that one.

    I won't be surprised if they don't know much about dexowners either, nor would they see the dexowners as celebrities.
    I was trying to find a good metaphor at the time, but now it's finally came to me. Think of the Dexholders to the PokeSpe world like minor internet celebrities are to the general population of the real world. Just like the majority of people wouldn't know the difference between the Angry Video Game Nerd and Tay Zonday (while younger, more technologically-connected people likely would), the Dexholders wouldn't be as well known to the general public of the PokeSpe world while trainers who are intending to take on the league in their respective regions likely would have heard about Red, Sapphire, and Platinum's adventures.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    The official website updated, but almost no any news.

    Except a Volume 43 formal cover, France Travels 2, and an enigmatic quiz about Arceus......
    Last edited by e9310103838; 1st February 2013 at 10:34 AM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    If I recall correctly, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are all in the same general area while Unova is literally on the other side of the planet. I'm probably getting continuities mixed up, so please feel free to correct me on that one.



    I was trying to find a good metaphor at the time, but now it's finally came to me. Think of the Dexholders to the PokeSpe world like minor internet celebrities are to the general population of the real world. Just like the majority of people wouldn't know the difference between the Angry Video Game Nerd and Tay Zonday (while younger, more technologically-connected people likely would), the Dexholders wouldn't be as well known to the general public of the PokeSpe world while trainers who are intending to take on the league in their respective regions likely would have heard about Red, Sapphire, and Platinum's adventures.
    Oh now that you mention Platinum in leagues, was a Sinnoh league ever mentioned? Even if it wasn't, you can probably assume that there is one since there is a Sinnoh Elite Four and the Sinnoh gym leaders probably exist for a reason but did the manga explicitly state anything about a Sinnoh league? I know that the Hoenn league exists because it was mentioned that all Hoenn badges are required to compete in it but I don't ever recall a Sinnoh league being mentioned. It probably sounds like something Platinum would want to partake in, though, just to increase her knowledge.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    The official website updated, but almost no any news.

    Except a Volume 43 formal cover, France Travels 2, and an enigmatic quiz about Arceus......
    I found the official website mentioned,

    they will serialized the league final in this month in Fan.

    This means that we will soon get other things in Ichiban.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    I found the official website mentioned,

    they will serialized the league final in this month in Fan.

    This means that we will soon get other things in Ichiban.
    So, the League will end in Pokemon Fan? But I wanted to see more from Cheren, Petashi, and Hood Man.

    ...Aw. I was hoping for it to last at least three more chapters.

    Guess that means N's Castle will pop up in Ichiban.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 2nd February 2013 at 8:04 AM.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So, the League will end in Pokemon Fan? But I wanted to see more from Cheren, Petashi, and Hood Man.

    ...Aw. I was hoping for it to last at least three more chapters.

    Guess that means N's Castle will pop up in Ichiban.
    That's good and bad new at the same time. Good, because we will know the result and the climax will be near and bad because they will skip some battle scenes, or make them super short. I wanted to see Looker do more investigation on 'sage grey' and about the masked man.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Oh now that you mention Platinum in leagues, was a Sinnoh league ever mentioned? Even if it wasn't, you can probably assume that there is one since there is a Sinnoh Elite Four and the Sinnoh gym leaders probably exist for a reason but did the manga explicitly state anything about a Sinnoh league? I know that the Hoenn league exists because it was mentioned that all Hoenn badges are required to compete in it but I don't ever recall a Sinnoh league being mentioned. It probably sounds like something Platinum would want to partake in, though, just to increase her knowledge.
    It's just an assumption. I'm also assuming that Platinum did partcipate, but we never got to see it because of the relatively short time period that DPPt takes places in and the league was not taking place until after the Platinum chapter ended.

    That does bring up a good point, however. In Gen III, there was PLENTY of time for the Hoenn league (which was mentioned) to take place between the RS and Emerald chapters, but there's not a single remark that even implies that Sapphire took part in it. I don't see why she didn't and that's really odd that it was never mentioned (even a single comment would have been enough). They could have at least hand-waved it by saying that the league was cancelled for the year due to flood damage! Unless it was mentioned and I missed it.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    It's just an assumption. I'm also assuming that Platinum did partcipate, but we never got to see it because of the relatively short time period that DPPt takes places in and the league was not taking place until after the Platinum chapter ended.

    That does bring up a good point, however. In Gen III, there was PLENTY of time for the Hoenn league (which was mentioned) to take place between the RS and Emerald chapters, but there's not a single remark that even implies that Sapphire took part in it. I don't see why she didn't and that's really odd that it was never mentioned (even a single comment would have been enough). They could have at least hand-waved it by saying that the league was cancelled for the year due to flood damage! Unless it was mentioned and I missed it.
    For both Sapphire and Platinum, their goals were to obtain badges of their region. They never expressed a desire to compete in the Pokemon League. Though in Sapphire's case, obtaining all eight badges allows entry into the Pokemon League so there really shouldn't be a reason why she shouldn't participate. She would have a pretty good chance of winning as well, though maybe a little harder than it was for Red since now they don't just let anyone participate in the league. As for Platinum, her main goal wasn't even to collect badges. If I recall correctly, it was just a little side-quest that she partook in to get stronger.

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    I found the official website mentioned,

    they will serialized the league final in this month in Fan.

    This means that we will soon get other things in Ichiban.
    Awesome! So the league will end this month with Black as probably the winner and then it'll maybe take a month to showcase the battle with the Elite Four and then there's the big showdown in N's castle. The final showdown of BW, which will probably show the gym leaders vs. the Plasma sages, Black and Reshiram vs. N and Zekrom, and then Black and White vs. big bad Ghetsis (who I'm assuming will use Kyurem normal form based on the panel I found on the official website). I think the final battle will take three months to complete so I think BW will take four or five more months to complete. Sigh...I wish they would just release the remainder of BW all at once so they can get started with BW2 and not make it a rush. X & Y's release in October is not as far as it may seem.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 2nd February 2013 at 9:01 PM.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    For both Sapphire and Platinum, their goals were to obtain badges of their region. They never expressed a desire to compete in the Pokemon League. Though in Sapphire's case, obtaining all eight badges allows entry into the Pokemon League so there really shouldn't be a reason why she shouldn't participate. She would have a pretty good chance of winning as well, though maybe a little harder than it was for Red since now they don't just let anyone participate in the league. As for Platinum, her main goal wasn't even to collect badges. If I recall correctly, it was just a little side-quest that she partook in to get stronger.
    I'd like to think that they just forgot to mention their participation, because that would be just pointless to go through all of that trouble and call it quits with that. I know that it's the cliched "It's the journey that counts" crap that's in play, with Platinum going on a quest for self-improvement and Sapphire... going on a quest to settle a bet, but the badges and the league go hand-in-hand in all varieties across the whole goddamn franchise! I know I'm going off on a tangent, but I'd like to think that it was just a case of "Let's not rehash the same-old League storyline for Gen III and IV, but let's just assume that they participated anyways!"

    Maybe it's for the best that they left this open-ended. If they mentioned their participation in their respective Leagues, people would complain that we never saw Sapphire/Platinum participate and if they mentioned their non-participation people would still complain. This way they don't have to confirm/deny anything and don't have to waste precious space covering the battles.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Awesome! So the league will end this month with Black as probably the winner and then it'll maybe take a month to showcase the battle with the Elite Four and then there's the big showdown in N's castle. The final showdown of BW, which will probably show the gym leaders vs. the Plasma sages, Black and Reshiram vs. N and Zekrom, and then Black and White vs. big bad Ghetsis (who I'm assuming will use Kyurem normal form based on the panel I found on the official website). I think the final battle will take three months to complete so I think BW will take four or five more months to complete. Sigh...I wish they would just release the remainder of BW all at once so they can get started with BW2 and not make it a rush. X & Y's release in October is not as far as it may seem.

    I guess they may be looking for a new magazine serialized B2W2.

    Maybe this is why so far B2W2 still yet to begin serial.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    I guess they may be looking for a new magazine serialized B2W2.

    Maybe this is why so far B2W2 still yet to begin serial.
    Oh God, please let them find one soon....

    I do not want the Black and White chapter to be axed to make room for BW2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •