Thread: Soul Stealer Of The Shadows

Default Soul Stealer Of The Shadows

Epilogue For Battle!

Hello all. Azeem40 here again with yet another RMT. This team is starred around ScarfGar, an uncommon hidden threat. He is very well known for sneaking up behind your shadow and stealing your life, but in the world of Pokemon, this doesn't always fly, so he resorts to using his intimidating exterior to frighten his foes to death. Hopefully, my team will bring out the most in him, but if it doesn't, you all can help me out. Is that a deal?

Anyway, here's how I planned the team...

Team Building
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

My Partayy!

FaceStealer the Gengar @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    Nature: Timid
    Moves:
    Focus Blast
    Destiny Bond
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball

Scarfgar is a very surprising threat that can catch many people off guard. With 110 Base Speed, you'd think it is blazing fast, but Scarf allows it to be even more breakneck in Speed. It is faster than Scarfkion and Scarfdeo and has a way of dealing with them both in Thunderbolt and Focus Blast (Scarfdeo and Scarfkion, respectively). Destiny Bond is the main attraction of the set. It allows it to "revenge" kill (true revenge killing IMO, :b) Tyranitar and Scizor, two of its top counters. It also helps me win the weather war against Politoed and Ninetales AND Tyranitar, although Hydreigon, his teammate who forms a great attacking duo with, can OHKO with Superpower (it helps when Hydreigon isn't around, as I will save Gengar for near the end to set up my win condition). Shadow Ball has STAB and outspeed and kills all Psychic types that dare come in on it. I put 4 SpD EVs to lessen SR damage. Thunderbolt also OHKOes Skarmory after SR damage most of the time. Scarf is the item of choice so I can outspeed Pokemon that think I am maxed at 350 Speed (like Tornadus).

Dendrite the Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    Nature: Mild
    Moves:
    Draco Meteor
    Superpower
    Fire Blast
    Roost

Meet the triple headed mite of doomsday, (meaning, he preys on walls such as Heatran, Skarmory, Forretress, and the Pink Blobs) Hydreigon. This Pokemon is known for its vicious nature, but alas, it is one of the most underrated threats due to its middling Speed stat. Nevertheless, with Paralysis support, it can be a real menace. Draco Meteor is the STAB of choice, 2HKOing almost everything in the metagame. Pokemon not totally mowed by this gargantuan power move are eliminated with its wide coverage moves. Blissey can survive Draco Meteor and so can Chansey and many Steel types. This is where Superpower comes in. It KOes those Steel types and the aforementioned pink blobs (Chansey needs prior damage however and Heatran needs EQ). Roost allows him to heal off passive damage like hail (which Starmie now has).

Spiks the Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SpD
    Nature: Impish
    Moves:
    Spikes
    Leech Seed
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip

Meet Spiks, one of the best defensive Pokemon in OU. I decided to forego T-Wave and use it on Jirachi instead, as he is faster to cripple before the opponent acts (sometimes). EVs are standard, so max HP gives it greater overall bulk, 88 Def EVs allows it to always survive two CB Haxorus +1 Earthquakes. Leech Seed is for recovery and Power Whip is to check bulky waters. I have replaced Stealth Rock with Gyro Ball on him so I can hurt Dragon types, who otherwise go to dinner on my entire team, as nothing likes taking boosted Outrages. He synergizes very well with Infernape, as he takes some of Ferrothorn's biggest weaknesses while roasting Scizor, Skarmory, and Jirachi with Fire Blast. Spikes is just icing on the cake. It allows me to set up hazards on a Pokemon as I switch in to a Pokemon that cannot touch me. Forretress seems like he'd give Ferrothorn some competition, but it is not so. I already have an offensive spinner that can take care of common spinblockers and his typing is more useful and so is his ability arguably.

RotatingStar the Starmie @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    Moves:
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Hail
    Rapid Spin

He's the spinner of my team. I prefer Surf > Hydro Pump due to the accuracy and I'd rather not miss at a crucial time. In order to win the weather war after Gengar has taken out their weather inducer, I ditched T-Bolt in order to set up a weather that doesn't hinder any of my moves, Hail. Hail cancels out DNite's Multiscale, and since most DNite run Lum Berry, he can't negate that. With that done, I replaced Ice Beam with Blizzard. Blizzard maims dragon types such at Latios and Latias, Salamence, DNite (after Multiscale), etc. This means Blizzard OHKOes DNite. Since Dragons are a bigger threat to me than bulky waters, I didn't forego an Ice type move. Rapid Spin clears the field of hazards (obviously). I chose to put 4 SpD for LO recoil at a min.

Ape the Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    Nature: Naive
    Moves:
    Fire Blast
    Close Combat
    Grass Knot
    Nasty Plot

Meet the ape of the OU Jungle, Infernape. An Infernape's fighting spirit is determined by the size of the flame on its head. Just a fun fact. Anyway, Nasty Plot is the most important move of the set. It boosts his SpA to a staggering 614, meaning his Fire Blast will hurt, but not as hard as Overheat would have, but I realized it is counter-intuitive with Nasty Plot. Close Combat massacres Tyranitar, hitting 146.78% - 173.76% (593 - 702) to 252 HP/252 Def +Def Tyranitar! Don't get me started about Ferrothorn, who is OHKOed even in the rain, Scizor, Forretress, etc... They are all scorched by Fire Blast.

Estrella the Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
    Moves:
    Thunder Wave
    Iron Head
    Wish
    Stealth Rock

Meet the special wall of my team, FlinchRachi, who is arguably the cutest Pokemon out there. Just look at its face! XD
    Anyway, he is here for a good reason, and that is almost guaranteed paralysis (Body Slam's 60% isn't good enough for me). The main reason T-Wave is here is because Hydreigon's speed stat is at the border of uselessness, as almost every prominent threat, like Garchomp, Salamence, Thundurus-T, etc, sit at the 100+ speed tier. T Wave makes him faster than the entire unboosted tier. Iron Head + T Wave forms the infamous ParaFlinch combo, which causes many annoyances and RQs. Wish helps give my sweepers and walls another chance at doing their job, which is invaluable. Stealth Rock is mandatory on any team to weaken the opposition, break down special abilities, etc. Jirachi has awesome defensive stats to pull this off.
    Conclusion

Well folks, that's my team. Honestly, Jirachi is the most expendable member of my team, so any suggestions on a weather changer (NOT inducer) that learns Wish is appreciated. Thanks for looking!
    Also thinking of making Starmie's set Hail/Blizzard/Surf/Rapid Spin to win the weather war after Gengar takes out their weather inducer.

Changes made!
    Last edited by fire r a g e; 3rd February 2013 at 6:50 PM.

Few suggestions: Use Fire Blast on Ape, to not erase your boosts from NP.
    Since Gengar is already fast as hell and it is scarfed now, maybe try a modest nature, to hit a bit harder (dunno if that bit actually helps though)
    Jirachi with Sunny Day... Enlarging his own Fure weakness don't seem ideal to me. WishPass Vaporeon can use Rain Dance and heal with HydraRest.
    HP Ice > Grass Knot on Ape, do it isn't walled by Dragons. If you do this, you may want to give him Atk investment, to hit harder, stuff like Gastrodon, with its unboosted CC.
    In Ferro's description, it says Hydra breaks down Dragons... Most OU Dragons outspeed and OHKO it, so Gyro Ball would be good actually.
    Hydreigon: Rash/Naive > Mild. Don't lower Defence, as all but 1 priority moves are physical. Also LO > EBelt to boost Meteor's power as well, and Roost in the final slot.

Hope this helps
    The Netherlands:
    ORAS Demo available at:
    - Nintendo Autumn Tour. Dates and locations found >here<
    - Using Nintendo Zone in a Game Mania store
    -Send me a VM, I have 1 extra code.

Shiny Gengar:
    - Autumn Tour, see above.

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Thanks for your suggestions. I have a few comments about them, though.

While it is true Overheat will reduce my SpA, I like the extra power it has that helps me OHKO Gyarados with after Stealth Rock. Then again, Grass Knot also OHKOes after SR, so I will use Fire Blast. Thanks.

The problem with Modest ScarfGar is that then he is outspeed by Timid ScarfKeldeo, Jolly ScarfTerrakion, both of whom can OHKO with Surf/Hydro Pump and Stone Edge, respectively, so I will keep Timid.

For Jirachi, you're right. I should change it to maybe Protect or SR (then I can give Ferrothorn Gyro Ball over SR).

Hydreigon is better with Rash, you're right. Thanks. However, I like Substitute as it has saved me from many a situation, but it is hurting me in the form of passive damage. Roost could work nicely, but I will have to keep EBelt over Life Orb. I like bluffing a Choiced set and catch them off guard.

For Infernape, I will keep Grass Knot for reasons already mentioned.

Thanks for your advices SkyDiver!
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

It's a good team so far. Keep it up. Infernape is definitely an underrated threat. However, I suggest one minor change, and that is to change Overheat into Fire Blast. NP MixApe doesn't like stat drops and you don't wanna keep using Nasty Plot as it will become predictable. Grass Knot skill OHKOes Gyarados at +2 after SR damage (OHKO on offensive variants without SR), so I'd use reliability over sheer power here.
    Last edited by azeem40; 3rd February 2013 at 6:21 PM.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I have decided to go with a few more minor nitpicky changes:

Changed Sunny Day on Jirachi for Stealth Rock.
    Changed Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn for Protect.

Gonna TEST OUT Starmie into a bulky spinner set:
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold/Timid
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    Scald
    Recover
    Rapid Spin
    Ice Beam

Quote Originally Posted by fire r a g e View Post
    Epilogue For Battle!

Hello all. Azeem40 here again with yet another RMT.
    spoken by fire r a g e, stating he's azeem40.....

Fire r a g e is my alt. If you have nothing to contribute to helping me, don't post, got it?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Yeah, no. If you want to post a RMT, then you post a RMT, not your alt.