Thread: Cobalt Storm [OU RMT]

Default Cobalt Storm [OU RMT]

COBALT STORM

Hey guys! This is my first ever RMT. I have made teams in the past, but I have made no success with them, so I decided this time to post my team to see how it would be rated. I named this team 'Cobalt Storm' because it's a sandstorm team that focuses on poisoning most (if not all) opponents on my team. Anyways, let's meet the first member of my team, Impa!

Impa (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Slack Off
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Ice Fang

Impa's goal is to set up sandstorm with her ability Sand Steam. This moveset is quite different from other Hippowdons, Impa's goal is to stall her enemies. First, I'll start with Protect to predict what moves my opponent may have. If I'm safe, I'll use Toxic, if I'm not, I'll switch in to a counter. I'll constantly use Ice Fang, Protect, and Slack Off to heal Impa. I've been debating on whether I should use Ice Fang or Earthquake on my team, I decided on using Ice Fang to get rid of Dragon-types and other stalls such as Gliscor. Earthquake may have been good for Steel-types since they're immune to poison, but chances are, my opponents will switch out their Steel-types because they'll THINK I will have Earthquake.

Boomer (Garchomp) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang
    - Rock Slide

This is Boomer, he's the revenge killer for my team. I named him after the Sooners. There's not much to say about him. Choice Scarf boosts his speed, and with Garchomp's high Attack, I can OHKO my opponents with a super-effective move or Outrage.

Bard (Cradily) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Suction Cups
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Rock Slide
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

This is my favorite moveset to use, and it's one of the only successful ones I've used in my old teams. I actually originally built my team on Bard, since sandstorm increases his Sp. Def. Anyways, I'll first start on Curse to increase Bard's Attack and Defense, and I'll constantly do this until Bard is severely injured, I'll then have him Rest to heal. I'll use Sleep Talk for two turns. Of course, Sleep Talk is unpredictable, since Bard may just try to use Rest again, but he may occasionally use Rock Slide, and, when powered by Curse, it deals massive damage.

Oculus (Sigilyph) (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
    - Cosmic Power
    - Psycho Shift
    - Roost
    - Stored Power

I've never used this set before, but I've seen it used in the past and it's actually really effective! First, I have Oculus use Psycho Shift to transfer Toxic to her opponent. Then, she will use Cosmic Power to increase her defenses. If Oculus receives substantial damage, I'll have her use Roost, otherwise I'll use Stored Power to deal damage on my opponent.

Javert (Magnezone) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Signal Beam

This is the most random name for a Magnezone, anyways, I decided to have Javert on my team as a counter. With HP Fire, he can take out Ferrothorn and Forretress. He functions as a Sp. Attack version of Boomer, except his main goal is to take out Steel-types. With Magnet Pull, the opponent cannot switch out their Steel-types.

Nova (Omastar) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Ice Beam

Nova is the special sweeper for my team! First, she'll use Shell Smash to boost her offenses. With sandstorm active, she can withstand at least a Sp. Attack move. HP Grass is used for Water-type threats. Surf is used for STAB. Ice Beam is used for threats such as Landorus and Dragon-types.

Anyways, so this was my team! I hope I didn't do too bad. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Rakansen; 18th January 2013 at 5:17 AM. Reason: I accidentally said that Shell Smash boosts defenses...

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

just a quick thing, shell smash boosts Sp atk Atk and speed, not defense

Apart from that, this is a solid team. This looks like a very unique sand team, but unique is still very good this meta. I can see ground types that have HP ice being a problem, as Landorus for example could damage this team greatly. Hippodown should be able to hard wall it, so it isnt too much of a problem, but scarf variants with U turn/stone edge/hp ice/ EQ could cause problems for you. Will think of a way to combat that, and get back to you on it
    I have claimed the deadly snake Seviper, as of December 2 2011

Huge credit to Brutaka Blaziken and PkmnFn for the banner
    This archeops is currently staring into your soul. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttar's stone edge View Post
    just a quick thing, shell smash boosts Sp atk Atk and speed, not defense

Apart from that, this is a solid team. This looks like a very unique sand team, but unique is still very good this meta. I can see ground types that have HP ice being a problem, as Landorus for example could damage this team greatly. Hippodown should be able to hard wall it, so it isnt too much of a problem, but scarf variants with U turn/stone edge/hp ice/ EQ could cause problems for you. Will think of a way to combat that, and get back to you on it
    Thanks for the input! I also fixed my error this time. :P

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Looks like a pretty good Sand team. But I do think Hippo needs EQ, as a STAB move is always good. If you just replace Toxic for it, you can hit both Steels and Gliscor. You will need a lot of Atk investment to actually damage Gliscor, though.
    Fire Blast > Fire Fang on Chomp. Naive nature too. Hits the like of Skarmory harder.
    For Zone you may like Substitute > Signal Beam, unless you really hate Dark and Psy types. Sub let's you beat Ferrothorn, without losing Leech Seed Hp. Leftovers are needed on a sub set though.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra