Thread: Weird Celebi

Judging from the title, you're wondering what's weird about the Celebi. The weird thing about it is that it is physical. I decided as it has base 100 stats all around I decided to play around and came up with this set. With the lack ofgood physical moves that Celebi has, it was kinda hard. But anyways i'll stop my rambling. Here is the team.

Politoed@Leftovers
    Bold(+Def,-Atk) 252 HP,Def 4 SpA
    Scald, Perish Song, Toxic, Encore
    This is my main weather setter.It is just here for the weather but if it can get some damage on the foe then it will. I like harassing the foe with Toxic and making sure foes can't set up once i have the Perish Song in play. It is also here as a means of bulk.

;579;Reuniclus@Life Orb
    Acid Armor, Psyshock, Recover, Focus Blast
    This Reuniclus is awesome. He can sponge so many hits and can dish some damage back as well. Psyshock allows him to hit Blissey like a beast and allows it to dent other special walls as well. I preferred Acid Armor over Calm Mind as I wanted this to be a more reliable physical wall than Politoed.

Forretress@Leftovers
    Spikes, Volt Switch, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin
    This is my hazards spinner and my hazards setter. This set is nice as I can get the Spikes and SR and hopefully get some damage off with the Volt Switch

Jellicent@Leftovers
    Calm(+SpD,-Atk) 252 SpD,HP 4 SpA
    Scald,Will-o-Wisp, Recover, Ice Beam/Psychic
    This is the typical special sponge Jellicent. It is a BEAST in the Special Defence department and it can dish out some decent damage as well. This thing also acts as my spin blocker and it feels at home on a rain team as well. I like to cripple physical attackers with WoW and then switch into Reuniclus and hit with a Psyshock. I don't know whether to choose Ice Beam or Psychic.

Salamence@Lum Berry
    Naive(+Spe,-SpD) 252 Spe,Atk 4 SpA
    Dragon Dance, Outrage, Hydro Pump, Earthquake
    I like this Salamence here because it is quite good in the rain due to the rain-boosted Hydro Pump. After a few DD's it can sweep a team easily as long as it can't get walled.The heightened attack though can be costly because after the second Outrage it will be confused and if this Pokemon is my last if is hit by confusion hax, then I'm in a lot of trouble.

Celebi@Dark Gem
    Jolly(+Spe,-SpA) 252 Atk,Spd 4 SpD
    Seed Bomb, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Subsitute
    And this is the unexpected Celebi. It is unusual due to the fact that it is physical. Due to lack of physical Grass moves available to Celebi, Seed Bomb was the only means of reliable physical STAB. This catches Alakazam leads off guard if they go for HP Ice/Fire and i can hit them with a Dark Gem boosted Sucker Punch.

I hope anyone who sees this will comment on it and hopefully give me some positive feedback. I will take all comments on board whether they are negative or positive. Thanks for your time.

I couldn't find Reuniclus and Jellicent pictures.
    Last edited by Philosophix; 19th January 2013 at 2:06 PM.
    Go Aegislash!

3DS Friend Code 152135667963 be sure to add me im always wanting to make any new friends to trade/battle with. Also looking for ANY POKEMON WITH POKERUS. PLEASE PM ME WITH POKEMON THAT HAVE POKERUS.

Expand on your descriptions please. Otherwise I will lock and infract.

Reuniclus's sprite is :579*: without the *, because B/W sprites use : instead of ;.

Physical Celebi is lol. For one, Grass/Dark has pretty terrible coverage, there's a LOT you won't be hitting for decent damage at all. Two, that's pretty much her entire physical movepool right there. Try Breloom or something in her place, or switching it to a Special or Cleric set. There's simply no reason to use physical Celebi other than shock value and even then you won't be getting a lot of surprise KOs, since most of Celebi's usual counters still counter physical Celebi.

Full rate tomorrow.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Okay. Carrying Acid Armour on Reuniclus does not make him a physical wall, it makes him death fodder. You should really either run Calm Mind or just run a real physical wall, like Skarmory or Physically Defensive Vaporeon or something.

Nothing wrong with Ferrothorn.

Jellicent should probably go with Ice Beam, there's not a lot of important things Psychic hits. Only like Gengar and Fighting types that normally switch out of Jellicent already.

Once again, I want to capitalize on changing your Celebi, physical Celebi is deadweight in most matches. I'd recommend TechniLoom.

Breloom @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Adamant - Technician
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Spore
    -Sword's Dance
    -Bullet Seed
    -Mach Punch

This does pretty much everything Celebi does except better.

Nothing else, really.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Thanks for that. I was wondering whether Reuniclus was reliable as a physical wall but I will try out Vaporeon and I'll swap Celebi for Breloom. I agree with you on that Celebi is just for shock value.
    Go Aegislash!

3DS Friend Code 152135667963 be sure to add me im always wanting to make any new friends to trade/battle with. Also looking for ANY POKEMON WITH POKERUS. PLEASE PM ME WITH POKEMON THAT HAVE POKERUS.