Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Gary come back in Unova ?

Hybrid View

Default Will Gary come back in Unova ?

I don't really know if it's the great place to this but I take a risk...
    Will Gary come back in Unova ?
    I was surprised to see how Gary is missing me. I thought he could appear to take news from Ash's Unova League participation when he calls the Professor Oak, but I was disapointed to see how much some (not all!) people forget him. I know he starts to being a Pokémon Researcher more than a Pokémon Master, but I've noticed the fact that he appears 3 times (isn't right ?) in Sinnoh and it was fun to see him again. I thought, at start, he was going to study the new Pokémon of Unova, but now, I think my hopes were dispelled. Why not seeing Blastoise and Umbreon again ? (I don't really care about that ugly Electrivire...)
    What do you think ?
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 19th January 2013 at 11:42 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

The bigger question is why would he come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    The bigger question is why would he come back?
    After all, isn't he supposed to be Ash's main rival ? (even if they are no more ennemies..)
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I would like to see Ash beat him again since the last time they battled he lost lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Would rather have Paul kick some TP ***

Unless there's some kind of connection the next region has with Kanto, or even Sinnoh if you want a stretch, why would he?

His story arc is kind of over. As much as I would like to see Harley again, it isn't going to happen if there isn't any reason. Gary's completed his arc and moved on. Bringing him back wouldn't really make sense unless it's for a small cameo.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Unless there's some kind of connection the next region has with Kanto, or even Sinnoh if you want a stretch, why would he?

His story arc is kind of over. As much as I would like to see Harley again, it isn't going to happen if there isn't any reason. Gary's completed his arc and moved on. Bringing him back wouldn't really make sense unless it's for a small cameo.
    Like I said before, why not to help his grandfather's researches ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Like I said before, why not to help his grandfather's researches ?
    How big of a role are we talking? Because I can see him getting a couple lines in a cameo, maybe even accompanying Ash if the episode in question calls for Professor Oak. But if you're talking about him being Ash's rival again suddenly, I will admit I can't see that happening. Ash doesn't need another rival at the moment. Especially one that specifically stopped being a trainer.

Honestly, they best I can see is a walk on.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    How big of a role are we talking? Because I can see him getting a couple lines in a cameo, maybe even accompanying Ash if the episode in question calls for Professor Oak. But if you're talking about him being Ash's rival again suddenly, I will admit I can't see that happening. Ash doesn't need another rival at the moment. Especially one that specifically stopped being a trainer.

Honestly, they best I can see is a walk on.
    No, that's not what I meant, being again his rival...
    Appearing in Sinnoh, he helps out Ash to train his Gligar and make it evolve too. I thought Gary could come back to help Oak's researches and, by the same way, get news from Ash's journey, and maybe, again, help him out with one of his Pokémon to train by a battle, or just tricks.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

No, that's not what I meant, being again his rival...
    Appearing in Sinnoh, he helps out Ash to train his Gligar and make it evolve too. I thought Gary could come back to help Oak's researches and, by the same way, get news from Ash's journey, and maybe, again, help him out with one of his Pokémon to train by a battle, or just tricks.
    Yeah, I could see that happening. Or at least, I can't see any reason why not. I'm not very fond of Gary so I could more or less go without him showing up, but there's no reason for him not to appear for an episode or two.

I think the person who'd make the most sense to appear right now would be Paul, hes done as much as Ash has and still travels to regions to does gyms and leagues, it'd be great if he was the one who tolled Ash about the next region after a battle they could have.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I think Gary is an important character. I wonder why Dawn (I don't have a problem with her, not at all, even I love her) could have like 9 episodes with her on it since I think Gary could easily have a spot in 1 episode.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I think Gary is an important character. I wonder why Dawn (I don't have a problem with her, not at all, even I love her) could have like 9 episodes with her on it since I think Gary could easily have a spot in 1 episode.
    I actually agree. I love Dawn, but she didn't really need the episodes. I get that they were trying to do a call back to the past generations, but I still don't think she needed that much screen time. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Paul again though.... (I didn't like him either, but it be interesting to touch base with him a little)

I think we have enough going on. Gary returned in DP and no one cared so there's no point.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I think we have enough going on. Gary returned in DP and no one cared so there's no point.
    Well me, I cared. Without him, maybe Ash will probably be with a crying Gligar.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Well me, I cared. Without him, maybe Ash will probably be with a crying Gligar.
    Most people didn't care though. His return didn't recieve any sort of strong reaction.

Most people didn't care though. His return didn't recieve any sort of strong reaction.
    That's not here a reason why they could make a great episode with him ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

That's not here a reason why they could make a great episode with him ?
    Why would they waste time bringing back a character that flatlined during his last appearances? Look at Charizard for example. Fans have been going crazy since his return confirmation.

I cared, just because you didn't care doesn't mean no one did.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I don't see Gary appearing unless he plans on taking a break from researching to compete in the 6th gen league which I doubt

why cant he just come back to help ash? you guys make it sound like it would be a bad thing for gary to come back...i for one would like gary to come back and would be a breath of fresh air from Boring cilian and iris they've become stale

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    why cant he just come back to help ash? you guys make it sound like it would be a bad thing for gary to come back...i for one would like gary to come back and would be a breath of fresh air from Boring cilian and iris they've become stale
    That's your opinion I like Cilan and Iris. Gary was a bore in DP

They wouldn't become stale if the writers bothered to focus on them and develop their teams and goals more. #Fact

They wouldn't become stale if the writers bothered to focus on them and develop their teams and goals more. #Fact
    Agreed but save the hash tags for #twitter

I just think its time for us to move on from the old rival and bring back Paul instead, hes into researching any ways while Paul is still doing gyms and leagues, this would make more sense yes? Dento and Iris have only been around for one series and its the shortest yet, how can they become more boring and stale than Gary? Whos been around, seems like forever! This is my opinion though.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast