Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 193

Thread: Will Gary come back in Unova ?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I'm not saying that Cilan and Iris are borring and it's not very the point of that topic. But having an episode about learning what Gary became trough time it's like knowing if Brock is actually a Pokémon Doctor.
    This is why I could see them making a new Chronicals series to showcase all the old characters

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    what i meant was a little change would be very much appreciated..despite you guys all liking cilian and iris..i used to like cilian but then he got stale and boring and pretty much forgotten..iris has always been a meh for me sometimes i like her sometimes i dont

    Gary would be intersteing becuase he is no longer ash's rival but rather friend and seeing him interact with the trio and ash interacting wtih him would be very nice

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    I would love to see either Gary or Paul again. I wouldn't automatically dismiss that it's never going to happen, either. They were major rivals; Paul was quite popular during his stint in Sinnoh, and Gary's reappeared in every arc, save Unova. So I see it as a possibility. As for a reason for them to come back... that's the thing about the writers. They can just make up a reason and leave it at that. Arguably all of Gary's appearances didn't really have much of a purpose, except for the reasons the writers set in motion.
    Last edited by I am Lu; 19th January 2013 at 3:05 AM.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    I would love to see either Gary or Paul again. I wouldn't automatically dismiss that it's never going to happen, either. They were major rivals; Paul was quite popular during his stint in Sinnoh, and Gary's reappeared in every arc, save Unova. So I see it as a possibility. As for a reason for them to come back... that's the thing about the writers. They can just make up a reason leave it at that. Arguably all of Gary's appearances didn't really have much of a purpose, except for the reasons the writers set in motion.
    I think Paul is more likely given the fact that his popularity is still pretty fresh. We've seen Gary make his re-appearance pretty recently, after all.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I think Paul is more likely given the fact that his popularity is still pretty fresh. We've seen Gary make his re-appearance pretty recently, after all.
    Well, it's actually been three years since Gary last appeared. Two for Paul.

    I'm not saying that actually makes one more likely to appear over the other though. In fact, if I were going to argue someone had better chances of appearing, it would probably be Gary if for no other reason than simply he's had a cameo every single series prior to BW. There's also always a chance to run into him when Ash returns to Pallet, too.

    The only thing Paul has going for him right now is the fact that he was mutually popular among fans and the writers.

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    what i meant was a little change would be very much appreciated..despite you guys all liking cilian and iris..i used to like cilian but then he got stale and boring and pretty much forgotten..iris has always been a meh for me sometimes i like her sometimes i dont

    Gary would be intersteing becuase he is no longer ash's rival but rather friend and seeing him interact with the trio and ash interacting wtih him would be very nice
    I don't like Iris either but to call them stale while Gary's been in the series since Kanto is a little funny don't yah thinkXD I'd find Paul better to return than Gary, I just always loved that rivalry more and he'd knock Ash down a bit for getting in the top 8.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    Well, it's actually been three years since Gary last appeared. Two for Paul.

    I'm not saying that actually makes one more likely to appear over the other though. In fact, if I were going to argue someone had better chances of appearing, it would probably be Gary if for no other reason than simply he's had a cameo every single series prior to BW. There's also always a chance to run into him when Ash returns to Pallet, too.

    The only thing Paul has going for him right now is the fact that he was mutually popular among fans and the writers.
    I think his popularity could be enough for the writers is the thing. As people stated earlier in the thread, Gary's reintroduction didn't really create hype. Paul appearing again, would create a huge amount of hype. Gary could easily return again, but his role isn't going to be anywhere near as big as it was before.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I wouldn't mind him making an appearance, but he really doesn't have a purpose on the show anymore.

    On the other hand, I do feel like there are some things Paul could do in a return (not the least of which is wiping the floor with every trainer at the Unova League). Ash needs someone to push him to be better, and I don't think anyone did that better than Paul.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013


    Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Valor Resort, TX
    Posts
    3,659

    Default

    Gary's appearance in DP was more or less... underwhelming*. Especially for his lack of appearances in all of Hoenn and Kanto BF (up to the last episode). I suppose they wanted to give him a shot; and he didn't receive so much support. But it was still nice of Gary to have his original voice actor throughout the episodes in AG/DP.
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 19th January 2013 at 7:55 AM.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Old characters are welcome in BW, whoever it is.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    I dunno about BW specifically, but at least in the near future? Sure, why not? I mean, he's important to Ash, and so it would make sense for them to meet up, see whatever cool Pokemon Gary's researching, have a battle for good ol' times sake. Now what I'd really love is for Gary to go back to Pokemon training, I mean it seems silly that he'd just decide he didn't want to be the very best after Ash beat him. I think he was stronger as a character with competitive spirit.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Inside the GS ball.
    Posts
    747

    Default

    It kinda saddens me to see how so many more people like Paul than Gary. I mean yes I am a Gary fangirl but...Gary is Ashes childhood friend, his "true rival". That's a really big status. Paul is just some random dude that he just became rivals with. How does that make Pauls "better" than Gary. Gary is much more influential on Ash than any other character. He's been the drive for most of his different trips to different regions. He made Ash become stronger. Everyone tends to forget that Paul, in my eyes, was just meant to replace Gary -and they did a cruddy job at it-

    I dunno. I guess its just sad to see people say "Gary sucks, Paul is better" when Gary IS Ash's "true rival". You really can't deny that. They may have become friends but they have always been rivals. Ok so your argument is they aren't rivals anymore, but they grew up together. So with "him not being a rival anymore" they still have a huge role in each other that Gary is the person Ash knew for the longest time. Childhood friend is a status Paul will NEVER fill. And I really feel that's why Gary is just, more than Paul will ever equate to. He was a good rival, but he wont have the impact that Gary did. Paul and Ash hardly had the development Ash and Gary did. And even Paul himself. He was a jerk Pokemon trainer that was harsh on his Pokemon. Gary may have been annoying but he wasn't a dink all the time.

    I would at least enjoy a cameo. Or something to acknowledged his existence. Hes just kinda gone now, and with how significant of a character he is its almost kinda insulting to him. Dawn got episodes for peets sake. I know a lot of people are going to call me bias because, well, I am. But there's really no reason why he can't have a cameo or like 1 episode where he fights Ash again. As compared to Dawn's what like 9.

    I dunno i'm bias and just want Gary back. Its the reason I stopped watching anyways.

    NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

    Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping


  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NO
    Posts
    842

    Default

    I want to see Gary. That would be awesome if Gary meets Paul and Trip and start talking about their rivalry with Ash


    Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    This thread is random lol. Why should Gary come back again in Unova. Tbh, all of you Gary fans should've been glad that he actually got an episode during DP. Gary is just a "Tracey" now, researching... researching... researching... and Oak'd. He can come to Unova to help his grandfather's research, but the same reason can be applied to Gen 6, or Gen 7, or Gen 8, or Gen 9... and so on and so forth.

    Dawn is special because she's a PokeGirl. Gary isn't a girl, so no 9-episode-arc for him.

    I'd rather see Paul help Ash with the transition to Gen 6, since he's more recent. Gary's days for a 9 episode arc are over. The most I see is a small Gen 6 transition, but I personally think Paul should have the merits for that.

    EDIT: Also, people are free to choose Paul or Gary over the other, so don't force your bias down their throats. I like Paul.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,909

    Default

    Gary's cameos in DP were lackluster, so I doubt they'll ever bother with him again.

  16. #41

    Default

    I doubt he, or any of the past characters from the past series will return in Unova now. I'd rather see Paul or Barry over Gary anyways.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,736

    Default

    I wouldn't mind. Personally him and Ash having another battle where Ash wins would be much appreciated.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    The thing is Garys based on an in game NPC. There's always the possibility of him appearing in a future game. If that happens a cameo is quite possible. I doubt he will return in Unova, but after that, its to soon to tell

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    He didn't come back in Hoenn, did he?

    I wouldn't say the chances are high. Maybe he appears when Ash is back to Kanto before setting off to the new region.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I think we have enough going on. Gary returned in DP and no one cared so there's no point.
    I cared, just because you didn't care doesn't mean no one did.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    hmm! Maybe prof.Oak will send him to Unova with Charizard. But again that is to random as well. I would like him to appear. I liked the DP way Ash and Gary interacted!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    hmm! Maybe prof.Oak will send him to Unova with Charizard. But again that is to random as well. I would like him to appear. I liked the DP way Ash and Gary interacted!
    Professor Oak can't send Charizard, since it isn't in its Lab, it's in Johto.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    It was shown at the Lab in the opening. and Oak knows where it is so he can send for it!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,773

    Default

    I thought being on his character of "Blue" in the PWT will give us a hint, but I think I'm wrond on this line. The return of Charizard makes me think that Gary could return, but with the place that N and Charizard are taking actually, if Gary has a cameo, I bet it will be of Ash's return to Kanto, like after Hoenn Kanto Battle Frontier. *sigh*
    I don't know how Professor Oak and Gary could make some researches on the new Pokémon if they are actually not in the region. Was it sepcified that Gary won't move of Kanto, or any region else ?
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 19th January 2013 at 3:01 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Why would they waste time bringing back a character that flatlined during his last appearances? Look at Charizard for example. Fans have been going crazy since his return confirmation.
    I personally have no sentiment to Charizard returning... So I can honestly say that they're wasting time with a character that flatlined during a battle with a Dusclops.. -.-

    I liked Gary's role in DP.. He was very much getting on with his travels and studies, whereas we can now see that Ash is just failing along.. Looker's back as well.. He didn't get much more spotlight in DP, yet he's back again..

    And you're making it seem as if bringing back Gary for three to four episodes would be a bad thing.. It's not.. Gary brings out the better side of Ash, and the last time I checked, Ash doesn't have any side to him now.. Talk about flatlining..._____________________________________ _____

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    I doubt he, or any of the past characters from the past series will return in Unova now. I'd rather see Paul or Barry over Gary anyways.
    Because Barry was just that great of a rival.. Wait what? Oh yeah, people still mistake Barry for being Ash's rival, when he was more inclined to be a rival to Paul in every way, and only opposed Ash as a 'rival' because Ash smacktalked about Paul's treating of Chimchar, and Barry couldn't take it because he thought that Paul was the greatest trainer evah...

    Paul I can understand, since he had things he would be doing and it would be cool to see the results of that, but I'd rather see Gary.

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    The thing is Garys based on an in game NPC. There's always the possibility of him appearing in a future game. If that happens a cameo is quite possible. I doubt he will return in Unova, but after that, its to soon to tell
    He's in the PWT, it's not too far a stretch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Professor Oak can't send Charizard, since it isn't in its Lab, it's in Johto.
    But Oak can send Gary to Johto, to fetch Charizard, and then go to Unova.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •