Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Will Gary come back in Unova ?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Gary is not coming back, we have Mewtwo and Charizard. I think that's enough "Kanto nostalgia."
    Agreed. It would feel like too much to fit into 1 or 2 episodes. Maybe later on, near the end of the series, but I doubt that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I think that's enough "Kanto nostalgia."
    Well that is your opinion. Its just not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Well that is your opinion. Its just not enough.
    Why must everyone use the nostalgia excuse? Some of us like Kanto or its characters more than the newer sagas...what's so hard to believe about that? I don't get it...

Gary is not coming back, we have Mewtwo and Charizard.
    I'm 99.99% sure Gary isn't coming back.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Gary just showed up in DP and it felt like nobody really cared much. So I think they'll have him skip this generation.

Gary just showed up in DP and it felt like nobody really cared much. So I think they'll have him skip this generation.
    Exactly. Heck, the only memorable episode of his DP part to me was either, "Ill-Will Hunting" or "Stopping the *something or another* of Legends!"
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Exactly. Heck, the only memorable episode of his DP part to me was either, "Ill-Will Hunting" or "Stopping the *something or another* of Legends!"
    I don't even understand why they dedicated most of the last AG episode to Gary if he was going to play such a small and minor role in DP. Makes no sense looking back on it now.

I don't even understand why they dedicated most of the last AG episode to Gary if he was going to play such a small and minor role in DP. Makes no sense looking back on it now.
    Yeah. I remember Ash acting like he was following after Gary and then went to Sinnoh, but Gary was barely around anyway in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah. I remember Ash acting like he was following after Gary and then went to Sinnoh, but Gary was barely around anyway in DP.
    Especially back when it first aired, before we knew how DP would play out, I really thought Gary was making a comeback to the anime.

Gary having new clothes and debuting Electrivire implied that too.

I think they did that because Gary is an important character. He is Ash's first rival and a good friend, that had been important for him to grow as a character. I think he is like Oak now, appears once in a while but its somehow important for Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    I think they did that because Gary is an important character. He is Ash's first rival and a good friend, that had been important for him to grow as a character. I think he is like Oak now, appears once in a while but its somehow important for Ash.
    Gary hasn't been relevant to the story since Johto ended. He went the way of Misty a long time ago.

Gary hasn't been relevant to the story since Johto ended. He went the way of Misty a long time ago.
    Then why has he shown up in every single series, sans BW? This 'relevance' argument is becoming exhausting. If the writers want to bring him back for an episode, then they will, no matter how 'irrelevant' you think it would be. Dawn wasn't exactly relevant in her cameo, but they brought her back anyway for the sake of tradition and, well, why not? It's arguably tradition that Gary show up in every single series, so he could come back. I'm not saying he will, he just might.

I don't know if this was discussed yet. But when Ash left May, Max, and Brock he ran into Gary who had Electrivire. Ash questioning a new pokemon he decides to fight Gary. After the battle he decides to go to the Shinnoh region. So after all of this Maybe they'll do that again but this time with a Gen 6 pokemon? Who knows but it would be cool to see Gary even if it's just a walk in for one episode!
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    Then why has he shown up in every single series, sans BW? This 'relevance' argument is becoming exhausting. If the writers want to bring him back for an episode, then they will, no matter how 'irrelevant' you think it would be. Dawn wasn't exactly relevant in her cameo, but they brought her back anyway for the sake of tradition and, well, why not? It's arguably tradition that Gary show up in every single series, so he could come back. I'm not saying he will, he just might.
    That's the same argument people used for Misty up until DP ended. That she appeared in every saga and that she would "have" to get a DP appearance too. Then DP came and went without her getting an episode which proved the writers have no intention of every older character appearing every arc.

Gary will probably skip out BW for the same reason.

That's the same argument people used for Misty up until DP ended. That she appeared in every saga and that she would "have" to get a DP appearance too. Then DP came and went without her getting an episode which proved the writers have no intention of every older character appearing every arc.

seriouslly man enough with your negative ********
    Gary can come back to showcase the new eevolution and tell ash about the region he got it from
    there

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    Gary can come back to showcase the new eevolution and tell ash about the region he got it from
    there
    Its not negative, its being realistic. You know good and well these last 10 years have seen Gary barely appear in the show at all.

If the writers wanted Gary to remain a major character they wouldn't have tossed him out for the last 3 generations.

I really hope Gary comes back, he was just the perfect rival, not too extreme like Paul but not too nice like Morrison or Barry, plus he's from the original series. I wonder what Pokemon he'd train, maybe a Klinklang

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    there
    tell Ash about the new region maybe but I doubt he will appear to showcase the new eeveelution. that will be Virgils job

Hope you don't mind me asking for the sake of discussion but...how does that relate to the writers current and future intentions anyway? All that happened in the past only says what the writers chose to do at x time. It's one thing to be shelved for an undetermined period and another to be truly scrapped. In what manner is this somehow a predictable pattern to us, the viewers?
    Last edited by Bluelatios*; 14th February 2013 at 6:01 PM.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678