Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 193

Thread: Will Gary come back in Unova ?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Guys as long as professor Oak appears so will Gary lol. He might not appear soon but he's not gonna vanish.
    He's gonna have something to replace Electivire now. Just like Umbreon, Electivire is falling into the darkness for the 6th gen/unova

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    He's gonna have something to replace Electivire now. Just like Umbreon, Electivire is falling into the darkness for the 6th gen/unova
    Watch Gary be the one to tell Ash about the sixth gen lol
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Watch Gary be the one to tell Ash about the sixth gen lol
    Like, uhh never saw that before xD

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Watch Gary be the one to tell Ash about the sixth gen lol
    It won't bother me, at all. I think Gary giving his help or informations about Ash's dream of becoming a Pokémon Master is always something good.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    This whole debate is kind of... I dunno.

    Because in the end, everyone who says that Gary has a chance of coming back, you're absolutely right. There isn't any real proof to say he won't come back. Not only was he a big character, but he was fairly popular in his day and although his other appearances may have been lackluster, that doesn't mean much considering they have brought back much less popular characters for cameos (Tracy) several times.

    However, Gary isn't special in this regard. He has the same chances of coming back as say, Misty. Nothing sets Gary's chances of appearing any higher than chances of Max, or May, or even Brock. He doesn't have anything setting him apart from those characters.

    So yes, Gary could come back for a cameo, but so could so many other people. He just doesn't have anything that sets him apart.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    This whole debate is kind of... I dunno.

    Because in the end, everyone who says that Gary has a chance of coming back, you're absolutely right. There isn't any real proof to say he won't come back. Not only was he a big character, but he was fairly popular in his day and although his other appearances may have been lackluster, that doesn't mean much considering they have brought back much less popular characters for cameos (Tracy) several times.

    However, Gary isn't special in this regard. He has the same chances of coming back as say, Misty. Nothing sets Gary's chances of appearing any higher than chances of Max, or May, or even Brock. He doesn't have anything setting him apart from those characters.

    So yes, Gary could come back for a cameo, but so could so many other people. He just doesn't have anything that sets him apart.
    Technically him living in Ash's hometown and being related to Professor Oak makes his chances better.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    The solution is obvious. If given an appearance, they should make him relevant to the story, just as they do with any other character. Whether that character be a rival or a friend, and whether the story be a major plot, a small arc, or an everyday adventure.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    546

    Default

    If only Gary would of shown up earlier in the series when Trip had less respect for Ash. He would of said something about Kanto being the Boonies and maybe that would upset Gary making him challenge Trip.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
    If only Gary would of shown up earlier in the series when Trip had less respect for Ash. He would of said something about Kanto being the Boonies and maybe that would upset Gary making him challenge Trip.
    That would have been great, but unless I prefer Trip to stay Ash's and a part of Alder's rival. gary, if he shows up again, must have a crucial role, like talking about the next region. I'm sure it could have been him who tells Ash that his Oshawott doesn't want to open his eyes underwater, but Trip tooks the place and it's always good as it could be.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Technically him living in Ash's hometown and being related to Professor Oak makes his chances better.
    This. Gary has a better chance too IMO even though it would be great to see Paul

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    I wonder if we'll see him in his HeartGold and SoulSilver outfit if he does return.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I wonder if we'll see him in his HeartGold and SoulSilver outfit if he does return.
    That would be awesome! I could sort of see Gary returning with a Gen 6 Pokemon and battling Ash in Pallet again

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Meh. Not sure what they could do with Gary at this point. Seems like his arc is done with. Same with Paul.

    I'm hoping the next season has a more compelling rival for Ash than Trip was.

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Meh. Not sure what they could do with Gary at this point. Seems like his arc is done with. Same with Paul.

    I'm hoping the next season has a more compelling rival for Ash than Trip was.
    Gary's arc will never be finished, he's Gary Mother****ing Oak he can appear when he wants to.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Gary's arc will never be finished, he's Gary Mother****ing Oak he can appear when he wants to.
    In that case, here's to hoping a day will come when he will ride into a region, shirtless, and on a motorcycle, wielding a battle axe. It'll be ON then.

  16. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    In that case, here's to hoping a day will come when he will ride into a region, shirtless, and on a motorcycle, wielding a battle axe. It'll be ON then.
    He'll also be shooting rainbow laser beams out of his eyes while shooting explosive dolphins out of his hands while yelling "PUBERTY!!!!!!!!"

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    He'll also be shooting rainbow laser beams out of his eyes while shooting explosive dolphins out of his hands while yelling "PUBERTY!!!!!!!!"
    Along with his long hair flowing in the wind~

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    I would like to have Gary Return..but honestly i don't think it will happen...

  19. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Along with his long hair flowing in the wind~
    With the hair emitting a sound that causes your ear drums to explode.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    With the hair emitting a sound that causes your ear drums to explode.
    Hair so majestic, it makes your eyeballs bleed.

  21. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Hair so majestic, it makes your eyeballs bleed.
    And makes your knees tremble before the majestic hunk that is Gary Mother****ing Oak.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    And makes your knees tremble before the majestic hunk that is Gary Mother****ing Oak.
    Just thinking about him makes my knee jam up a tiny bit.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,615

    Default

    Gary will return with a very brief cameo, and just disappear. There's not much else you can do with older characters. Gary really can't do much in this show anymore.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Gary will return with a very brief cameo, and just disappear. There's not much else you can do with older characters. Gary really can't do much in this show anymore.
    I don't really think being old prevents writers from making something significant with previous characters becoming vital part of story again. Giovanni and TR are decade old characters and right now they are playing one of most important roles they ever had in this show.

    Same applies to previous characters like Misty, May, Max etc having room to be done much more with their stories being left on open note.

    And of course Gary. He could be brought back during N arc to play important role in fighting Team Plasma. His career of being researcher gives him flexibility to travel to any region he really wants meeting up with Ash again. We can see him doing research on legendary pokemon like Reshiram or Zekrom being directly tied in plot while supplying prof. Oak with important information. Heck we could even see him battle for old time sake having rich roaster of pokemon to choose from.

    You can always incorporate previous companion in story again playing valuable role, while making sure that his own story/career receives benefit from it as well.
    It only depends on writers willingness if they want to do more with him/her having right vision through which character could go forward.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Serbia,Belgrade
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Why not just send Ash to Kanto for like 2 episodes and have gary come there for a visit or something before going off to a new region to research more pokemon and then Ash decides to go there to?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •