Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 193

Thread: Will Gary come back in Unova ?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    244

    Default

    I think the bigger question is will Anabel come back.
    Gary will return for an episode eventual down the road that is a given

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    I think the bigger question is will Anabel come back.
    Gary will return for an episode eventual down the road that is a given
    Why Anabel?

    I liked her, too, but her stint as a Frontier Brain is long gone.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    Why Anabel?

    I liked her, too, but her stint as a Frontier Brain is long gone.
    I just thought she was a good character that they could do a hole lot more with and she loves ash witch could make for some funny moments.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    I just thought she was a good character that they could do a hole lot more with and she loves ash witch could make for some funny moments.
    Forget it. Anabel is probably gone, like all the Gym Leader who were not important to the story... (I might not say that, I'm sure I'll be replied...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta8639 View Post
    Why not just send Ash to Kanto for like 2 episodes and have gary come there for a visit or something before going off to a new region to research more pokemon and then Ash decides to go there to?
    That's exactly what appearance I would like to see, and it's logical too.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    I very much doubt it. He wasn't shown in Hoenn but seen a couple of times well in Sinnoh. I don't think he'll be shown for a while. It would be cool to see him though.
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I very much doubt it. He wasn't shown in Hoenn but seen a couple of times well in Sinnoh. I don't think he'll be shown for a while. It would be cool to see him though.
    He actually did show up in AG. He appeared in a flashback-like scene with Ash in AG187 and had a battle with him in AG192, the last AG episode. Additionally, he also showed up in a couple of Chronicles episodes.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,757

    Default

    I want him and Ash to battle again lol. He's the only rival where their last battle ended in a loss for Ash.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I think he should appear. Out of Ash's rivals he is the only one so far to have appeared in all sagas (yes he appeared in the last episode of AG saga), so I think it would be nice if we see him in Unova doing research on some random pokemon.

    Reason isn't a big factor if you ask me, creators can always come up with some valid reason if they want a character to re-appear at some point of time like.


    Credit for the banner goes to T-B0ne27

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    He actually did show up in AG. He appeared in a flashback-like scene with Ash in AG187 and had a battle with him in AG192, the last AG episode. Additionally, he also showed up in a couple of Chronicles episodes.
    I said he wasn't shown in hoenn. Those episodes were in Kanto.
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,947

    Default

    Probably not. His "comeback" in DP was 3 measly episodes out of a 191 episode span, and that was a region he was supposed to be traveling in.

    He's pretty much been gone from the series since 2002 anyway, so he's already pretty much gone besides what I consider his cameos.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Lol the point is that it's a small chance for Gary to come back and play a huge role in Episode N. His times are over for a long, long, longggg time. I mean, it's still possible, but I honestly doubt it. His chances of returning are as good as say, Paul's. Bring up the Pallet Town argument, the most I see he'll probably get is a cameo in Pallet Town or maybe an episode during Episode N. I honestly can't see him staying for an entire saga and playing a huge role, since he's not even a rival anymore.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  12. #112
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I said he wasn't shown in hoenn. Those episodes were in Kanto.
    They all, save the last one, took place during Ash's Hoenn journey, however. I don't see that it makes much of a difference whether Gary was physically present in Hoenn or not. He appeared during the AG saga multiple times.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I want him and Ash to battle again lol. He's the only rival where their last battle ended in a loss for Ash.
    But he wasn't his rival anymore therefore the loss Ash suffered doesn't count because Gary wasn't his rival.

    I win, you lose.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    But he wasn't his rival anymore therefore the loss Ash suffered doesn't count because Gary wasn't his rival.

    I win, you lose.
    I think Gary and Ash will always be rivals? Just because Gary isn't entering leagues anymore doesn't mean he and Ash aren't striving to do their best and that will never test themselves against each other.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    I think Gary and Ash will always be rivals? Just because Gary isn't entering leagues anymore doesn't mean he and Ash aren't striving to do their best and that will never test themselves against each other.
    But he's not an ignorant prick who has cheerleaders and a car at the age of 11 anymore.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    But he's not an ignorant prick who has cheerleaders and a car at the age of 11 anymore.
    Wait don't you mean arrogant?

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Wait don't you mean arrogant?
    No I mean ignorant because if he was arrogant than that'd be an insult to him.

    PLEASE FORGIVE THIS POOR MAN GARY HE DIDN'T KNOW HAVE MERCY ON YIM

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    No I mean ignorant because if he was arrogant than that'd be an insult to him.

    PLEASE FORGIVE THIS POOR MAN GARY HE DIDN'T KNOW HAVE MERCY ON YIM
    He was ignorant. You don't go on and challenge a random Pokemon. Especially if it's Mewtwo.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Nah, he doesn't need to come back. He doesn't battle like he used to so what's the point? So what if we've seen him before, it's not if as though we needed to see him back in Sinnoh either.

    My ideal battle ever!

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    They all, save the last one, took place during Ash's Hoenn journey, however. I don't see that it makes much of a difference whether Gary was physically present in Hoenn or not. He appeared during the AG saga multiple times.
    multiple times? he was basically in only 1 episode....
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,947

    Default

    He appeared in a grand total of 2 AG episodes, (and really, a small flashback scene should only make it like 1 real appearance), and he appeared in 3 DP episodes.

    So as you can see, the writers don't exactly think Gary needs to appear much in the show. He hasn't appeared much at all over the last 10 years.....like 5 episodes tops out of the last 500+.....
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 30th January 2013 at 6:33 PM.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He appeared in a grand total of 2 AG episodes, (and really, a small flashback scene should only make it like 1 real appearance), and he appeared in 3 DP episodes.

    So as you can see, the writers don't exactly think Gary needs to appear much in the show. He hasn't appeared much at all over the last 10 years.....like 5 episodes tops out of the last 500+.....LOL.
    Cyber just because you keep telling us how long a character is gone from the show doesn't mean the writers can't troll to bring them back in any means necessary. If the writers want to waist their time then by all means. But if they don't then that's theird decision. The show isn't really for our favor anyway.

    My ideal battle ever!

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He appeared in a grand total of 2 AG episodes, (and really, a small flashback scene should only make it like 1 real appearance), and he appeared in 3 DP episodes.

    So as you can see, the writers don't exactly think Gary needs to appear much in the show. He hasn't appeared much at all over the last 10 years.....like 5 episodes tops out of the last 500+.....LOL.
    He's appeared in Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, tail end of AG, Sinnoh. Why wouldn't he appear at some point during BW?

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    He's appeared in Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, tail end of AG, Sinnoh. Why wouldn't he appear at some point during BW?
    That's the same thing people thought about Misty until she didn't actually appear in DP at all. There is no indication the writers have to make each character appear once every saga. I'm not expecting to see him at all in BW.

  25. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    That's the same thing people thought about Misty until she didn't actually appear in DP at all. There is no indication the writers have to make each character appear once every saga. I'm not expecting to see him at all in BW.
    Watch both Gary and Misty appear in BW to help Ash against Team Plasma XD
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •