Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Will Gary come back in Unova ?

I think the bigger question is will Anabel come back.
    Gary will return for an episode eventual down the road that is a given

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    I think the bigger question is will Anabel come back.
    Gary will return for an episode eventual down the road that is a given
    Why Anabel?

I liked her, too, but her stint as a Frontier Brain is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    Why Anabel?

I liked her, too, but her stint as a Frontier Brain is long gone.
    I just thought she was a good character that they could do a hole lot more with and she loves ash witch could make for some funny moments.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    I just thought she was a good character that they could do a hole lot more with and she loves ash witch could make for some funny moments.
    Forget it. Anabel is probably gone, like all the Gym Leader who were not important to the story... (I might not say that, I'm sure I'll be replied...)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta8639 View Post
    Why not just send Ash to Kanto for like 2 episodes and have gary come there for a visit or something before going off to a new region to research more pokemon and then Ash decides to go there to?
    That's exactly what appearance I would like to see, and it's logical too.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I very much doubt it. He wasn't shown in Hoenn but seen a couple of times well in Sinnoh. I don't think he'll be shown for a while. It would be cool to see him though.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I very much doubt it. He wasn't shown in Hoenn but seen a couple of times well in Sinnoh. I don't think he'll be shown for a while. It would be cool to see him though.
    He actually did show up in AG. He appeared in a flashback-like scene with Ash in AG187 and had a battle with him in AG192, the last AG episode. Additionally, he also showed up in a couple of Chronicles episodes.

I want him and Ash to battle again lol. He's the only rival where their last battle ended in a loss for Ash.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I think he should appear. Out of Ash's rivals he is the only one so far to have appeared in all sagas (yes he appeared in the last episode of AG saga), so I think it would be nice if we see him in Unova doing research on some random pokemon.

Reason isn't a big factor if you ask me, creators can always come up with some valid reason if they want a character to re-appear at some point of time like.

Credit for the banner goes to T-B0ne27

He actually did show up in AG. He appeared in a flashback-like scene with Ash in AG187 and had a battle with him in AG192, the last AG episode. Additionally, he also showed up in a couple of Chronicles episodes.
    I said he wasn't shown in hoenn. Those episodes were in Kanto.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Probably not. His "comeback" in DP was 3 measly episodes out of a 191 episode span, and that was a region he was supposed to be traveling in.

He's pretty much been gone from the series since 2002 anyway, so he's already pretty much gone besides what I consider his cameos.

Lol the point is that it's a small chance for Gary to come back and play a huge role in Episode N. His times are over for a long, long, longggg time. I mean, it's still possible, but I honestly doubt it. His chances of returning are as good as say, Paul's. Bring up the Pallet Town argument, the most I see he'll probably get is a cameo in Pallet Town or maybe an episode during Episode N. I honestly can't see him staying for an entire saga and playing a huge role, since he's not even a rival anymore.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I said he wasn't shown in hoenn. Those episodes were in Kanto.
    They all, save the last one, took place during Ash's Hoenn journey, however. I don't see that it makes much of a difference whether Gary was physically present in Hoenn or not. He appeared during the AG saga multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I want him and Ash to battle again lol. He's the only rival where their last battle ended in a loss for Ash.
    But he wasn't his rival anymore therefore the loss Ash suffered doesn't count because Gary wasn't his rival.

I win, you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    But he wasn't his rival anymore therefore the loss Ash suffered doesn't count because Gary wasn't his rival.

I win, you lose.
    I think Gary and Ash will always be rivals? Just because Gary isn't entering leagues anymore doesn't mean he and Ash aren't striving to do their best and that will never test themselves against each other.

I think Gary and Ash will always be rivals? Just because Gary isn't entering leagues anymore doesn't mean he and Ash aren't striving to do their best and that will never test themselves against each other.
    But he's not an ignorant prick who has cheerleaders and a car at the age of 11 anymore.

But he's not an ignorant prick who has cheerleaders and a car at the age of 11 anymore.
    Wait don't you mean arrogant?

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Wait don't you mean arrogant?
    No I mean ignorant because if he was arrogant than that'd be an insult to him.

PLEASE FORGIVE THIS POOR MAN GARY HE DIDN'T KNOW HAVE MERCY ON YIM

No I mean ignorant because if he was arrogant than that'd be an insult to him.

PLEASE FORGIVE THIS POOR MAN GARY HE DIDN'T KNOW HAVE MERCY ON YIM
    He was ignorant. You don't go on and challenge a random Pokemon. Especially if it's Mewtwo.

Nah, he doesn't need to come back. He doesn't battle like he used to so what's the point? So what if we've seen him before, it's not if as though we needed to see him back in Sinnoh either.

My ideal battle ever!

They all, save the last one, took place during Ash's Hoenn journey, however. I don't see that it makes much of a difference whether Gary was physically present in Hoenn or not. He appeared during the AG saga multiple times.
    multiple times? he was basically in only 1 episode....
    Ash's team right now

He appeared in a grand total of 2 AG episodes, (and really, a small flashback scene should only make it like 1 real appearance), and he appeared in 3 DP episodes.

So as you can see, the writers don't exactly think Gary needs to appear much in the show. He hasn't appeared much at all over the last 10 years.....like 5 episodes tops out of the last 500+.....
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 30th January 2013 at 6:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He appeared in a grand total of 2 AG episodes, (and really, a small flashback scene should only make it like 1 real appearance), and he appeared in 3 DP episodes.

So as you can see, the writers don't exactly think Gary needs to appear much in the show. He hasn't appeared much at all over the last 10 years.....like 5 episodes tops out of the last 500+.....LOL.
    Cyber just because you keep telling us how long a character is gone from the show doesn't mean the writers can't troll to bring them back in any means necessary. If the writers want to waist their time then by all means. But if they don't then that's theird decision. The show isn't really for our favor anyway.

My ideal battle ever!

So as you can see, the writers don't exactly think Gary needs to appear much in the show. He hasn't appeared much at all over the last 10 years.....like 5 episodes tops out of the last 500+.....LOL.
    He's appeared in Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, tail end of AG, Sinnoh. Why wouldn't he appear at some point during BW?

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    He's appeared in Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, tail end of AG, Sinnoh. Why wouldn't he appear at some point during BW?
    That's the same thing people thought about Misty until she didn't actually appear in DP at all. There is no indication the writers have to make each character appear once every saga. I'm not expecting to see him at all in BW.

That's the same thing people thought about Misty until she didn't actually appear in DP at all. There is no indication the writers have to make each character appear once every saga. I'm not expecting to see him at all in BW.
    Watch both Gary and Misty appear in BW to help Ash against Team Plasma XD
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast