Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Will Gary come back in Unova ?

Gary was my favorite Rival. He wasn't a complete a** like Paul and was still very intimidating for Ash. I'd love to seem them battle again!
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Nobody knows. This is the only fandom I'm ever been part of where characters who haven't even appeared or been mention in many years are still thought of as series regulars in the show.

Gary has been gone for 10 years besides his brief cameos in DP. I'm sure they're done with him.
    You confuse the term cameo with guest appearence.

if Gary did come back, I imagine the best place would be with oak in the kanto festival ep

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Uhh maybe. maybe not.

It doesn't say anything about Gary (I think)
    It doesn't, but hey, if Oak can go to Unova on this 'Kanto Fair'-tour or what not, then why can't Gary help him?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Other than a cameo...I don't think he will appear at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Since Professor Oak is confirmed to appear in the episode Burn Up, Charizard! VS Dragonite!, at the Kanto Fair, can we suppose that Gary could be here too ?

「燃えよリザードン!VSカイリュー!」
    サトシたちは、カントー地方の名産品や文化を紹介する「カントーフェア」にやってきた。特設ス テージでは、
    オーキド博士がカントー地方のポケモンたちを紹介している。初めてよその地方にきたヒトカゲは 、張り切って
    パフォーマンスをするが、うっかりよろけてステージから転倒してしまった。サトシたちはヒトカ ゲをポケモン
    センターへ連れて行く。
    Just because Professor Oak goes somewhere doesn't mean that Gary will be with him. Gary has been traveling by himself quite a few times now.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Just because Professor Oak goes somewhere doesn't mean that Gary will be with him. Gary has been traveling by himself quite a few times now.
    True, but if there was such an opening for him to go to Unova, then this would be it.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    True, but if there was such an opening for him to go to Unova, then this would be it.
    But there is no need for him to be here period. Everyone doesn't have to come somewhere just because others from that region is there. That's just like saying that wherever May goes, Max has to, which we've seen is not true.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But there is no need for him to be here period. Everyone doesn't have to come somewhere just because others from that region is there. That's just like saying that wherever May goes, Max has to, which we've seen is not true.
    It was only a supposition. I'm sure there is more chances to Gary to not being there. But who knows if he could have a flashback, when Ash asks Oak about him. If does, I don't think a flashback place's in the summary. I'm not expecting too much anyway.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 7th February 2013 at 2:29 AM.
    « And at last I see the light... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

I'm not sure there is enough time for Gary to make an appearance. Dawn would be more likely to appear than him.

Gary won't be at the Kanto festival because there's no reason to expect him to be. Oak has nothing to do with Gary in terms of appearances.

Gary won't be at the Kanto festival because there's no reason to expect him to be. Oak has nothing to do with Gary in terms of appearances.
    Technically he could of accompanied Oak to Unova to teach at the festival too lol.

CYNDAQUIL IS FINALLY MINE <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 1693-2261-4948
    Friend Safari: Poison(Venomoth, Toxicroak, and Seviper)

You can't say he won't. You don't know.

True, it's probably unlikely, but we can't say anything for sure until the episode airs.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    You can't say he won't. You don't know.

True, it's probably unlikely, but we can't say anything for sure until the episode airs.
    Character returns are usually promoted ahead of time by 3-4 weeks. The writers aren't going to sneak Gary into an episode without it being known.

Character returns are usually promoted ahead of time by 3-4 weeks. The writers aren't going to sneak Gary into an episode without it being known.
    If you don't think he'll appear why do you insist on trolling everybody who thinks he has a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    If you don't think he'll appear why do you insist on trolling everybody who thinks he has a shot?
    He's not trolling, he just likes to keep reminding people of how long these characters were last seen on the show. It does nothing for the arguement really. But I don't think he needs to be in Unova due to the fact that he just isn't needed right now.

My ideal battle ever!

So why they didn't talk about Professor Oak appearing in this episode until the summary ?

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    So why they didn't talk about Professor Oak appearing in this episode until the summary ?
    Its a month until air date.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Its a month until air date.
    Oh, right. I'm so idiot.

If he comes to the Kanto Fair, I guess so.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Since its a Kanto fair maybe we'll see some other older characters besides just Gary.

He's obviously not appearing because the ep is on the scan already and doesn't mention him. Why the hell would people think that because Oak appears, and Oak always appears, that Gary would be there? Gary is virtually never given episodes.

I think Gary will return to the region as a new teacher
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/2qvv2b7.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Pokémon Smash 03-03-2013:

He's obviously not appearing because the ep is on the scan already and doesn't mention him. Why the hell would people think that because Oak appears, and Oak always appears, that Gary would be there? Gary is virtually never given episodes.
    I'm not going to say he will appear but who knows how many episodes the Kanto Festival will last. The Johto Festival lasted for quite a while until Lyra and Khoury left.

Random : PokéRadar

Gary is not coming back, we have Mewtwo and Charizard. I think that's enough "Kanto nostalgia."

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast