Thread: Ferrothorn and Jellicent

Default Ferrothorn and Jellicent

This is my first OU RMT in a while, after I made more successful teams in RU and UU. I decided to return to OU after Genesect was removed from OU (Smogon) making a lot more Pokemon viable. This team is focused around Ferrothorn and Jellicent. The two combined can tank any hit, special or physical. Jellicent also acts as a spinblocker for Ferro's spikes.
    No more explaining or we'll be here for days xD
        Spoiler:- Teambuilding:

Spiky (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    The first of the FerroCent combo, Spiky does a very good job setting up spikes. SubSeed annoys the hell outta people (even myself) and allows Spiky to get up an extra layer of spikes or to deal a bit of damage with Gyro Ball. An (average) 18% recovery each turn is pretty neat, too. Very straightforward set, nothing really complex.

Pringles 1.4.6 (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Recover
    - Scald
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Ice Beam
    My Pringles is the best. Nothing can outname it. You guys have like, Pringles 4.0's and stuff, but MINE is 1.4.6 xD MINECRAFT FTW! Anyways, the EV spread allows it to tank multiple special hits, and retaliate with a WoW or Scald. WoW is to cripple physical attackers like Scizor which would otherwise take a dump on my team and Ice Beam is for tearing through Gliscors and the common dragons.

Grape Jelly (Gengar) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Sludge Wave
    This "Grape Jelly" does not taste like grape jelly. It is poison type, so therefore you would get poisoned if you tried to eat it lol, though it probably wont even fit in you mouth. Shadow Ball is the main STAB, destorying things with a LO boost. Sludge Wave is for OHKOing those f*****g Brelooms and Focus Blast is for killing dark types. Thunderbolt is for coverage and its just a filler.

DatSword (Terrakion) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    This...sword is a beast. It leads to a lot of facepalm moments. The guys sends in a Deo-D, I send in Terra. Deo starts setting up all those entry hazards while Terrakion's behind a sub Swords Dancing until at +6. Then, I rip through the other guys team with Stone Edge and CC, ALMOST ALWAYS (f**k you sashers) guaranteeing an OHKO.

MonstaTruck (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Brick Break
    My revenge killer, this dragon needs no detailed explanation. Send it in, use Outrage, OHKO, get moxie boost, repeat. I replaced Fire Blast over Fire Fang because, as the (SUPER KIND) raters said, it does more damage than Fire Fang. I also had to change the Nature from Jolly to Hasty to give FB some more power.

Dreidel (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 156 Atk / 200 SDef / 100 HP / 52 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    The last and latest member on my team, Donphan is truly one of a kind. With acces to Ice Shard, Rapid Spin, AND SR, its a key part of my team. Ice Shard revenge kills Salamences, Landorus-I and -T, and Dnites. Earthquake is a powerful STAB, and Donphan actually has quite a big attack stat. Rapid Spin is to clear all those entry hazards, and Stealth Rock, coupled with Spiky's spikes, threaten all switch ins that are not named Reuniclus.

So, I hope you enjoyed my team, and PLEASE RATE. This team is still rather...young (I dont know what else to put) and needs some help. Thanks!
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 20th January 2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

I think maybe you could fit curse into ferrothorn's move set so that it can take physical attacks better and it works really well with gyro ball.

fireblast over fire fang on salamence

reason: fire blast still does more damage than fire fang and pokemon such s ferrothorn invest in defence evds so fire fang wont do much, and for the guys comment above curse ferrothorn is silly so yeah ...

also on terrkion try salac berry works well with sub since you can out speed all the main choice scarfers in ou

Ferro - Replace sub with thunder wave or power whip
    Jelly - Looks good
    Gengar - Substitute>sludge wave, since it protects you from spore, and will let you 2HKO with shadow ball
    Terrakion - Salac Berry>Lefties to outspeed scarfer as rair already said
    Mence - Like rair said Blast>fang, and I prefer dragon claw over brick break mainly so you can have a solid scouting move and because I've never seen much of a use for brick break besides hitting balloon tran and zone, who shouldn't be a problem since you should revenge them with terrakion instead of mence.
    Donphan - Take all the ev's you have in SpecD and put them into hp or attack. Donphan can't take any special hit well, and most of them will be super effective too.

That's all I have, I'm not too good with synergy, so I won't comment about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rairyan View Post
    fireblast over fire fang on salamence

reason: fire blast still does more damage than fire fang and pokemon such s ferrothorn invest in defence evds so fire fang wont do much, and for the guys comment above curse ferrothorn is silly so yeah ...

also on terrkion try salac berry works well with sub since you can out speed all the main choice scarfers in ou
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    Ferro - Replace sub with thunder wave or power whip
    Jelly - Looks good
    Gengar - Substitute>sludge wave, since it protects you from spore, and will let you 2HKO with shadow ball
    Terrakion - Salac Berry>Lefties to outspeed scarfer as rair already said
    Mence - Like rair said Blast>fang, and I prefer dragon claw over brick break mainly so you can have a solid scouting move and because I've never seen much of a use for brick break besides hitting balloon tran and zone, who shouldn't be a problem since you should revenge them with terrakion instead of mence.
    Donphan - Take all the ev's you have in SpecD and put them into hp or attack. Donphan can't take any special hit well, and most of them will be super effective too.

That's all I have, I'm not too good with synergy, so I won't comment about that.
    Thanks for the rates guys! I'll test out Fire Blast as Fire Fang really doesnt do anything xDDDD and I'm not sure about dat salac berry, but I'll give it a try too! I honestly dont want to change Ferrothorn because SubSeed seems to good to replace.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!