Thread: Old OU team needing a tune-up

Default Old OU team needing a tune-up

Hi all,

I used to be really into wi-fi battles when Gen IV came out but got out of it after getting tired of all the hackers. I added Zoroark to my team when BW came out but haven't really returned to competitive battling in earnest. I'm entertaining the idea of giving it another shot, but from reading some of the other RMT threads it sounds like a lot has changed since I was most active, and I think it's time for a tune-up.

Here's my tram as it currently stands:

Trickster (Zoroark) (F) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Illusion
    EVs: HP 4 / Sp. Att 252 / Spd 252
    Modest Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Nasty Plot
    - Taunt

I put Weezing in the back of my team so when Zoroark comes out, it appears to be a Weezing, and most of her moves are moves Weezing could learn, so it doesn't blow her cover. This has been pretty effective as an opening move because it buys me at least one round to figure out a battle plan (Taunt/NP/attack if it's not a sweeper or weak to dark or fire, attack right away if it is) before my opponent catches on.

Apache (Yanmega) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Speed boost
    EVs: HP 4 / Sp. Att 252 / Spd 252
    Modest Nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Air Slash
    - Protect
    - Hypnosis

Protect first round for speed boost, then either try to sleep opponent with Hypnosis or start going straight for the KO. Special sweeper leftover from my Gen IV battling days. Still does pretty well, but is pretty high on my list of team members I can be easily convinced to replace.

Seiryu (Gyarados) (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: HP 4 / Att. 252 / Spd 252
    Jolly Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Dance
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake

Back in Gen IV I used a different Gyarados (obviously this was before Moxie) with Stone Edge and Taunt instead of Ice Fang and Earthquake. When I decided to make Zoroark my designated taunter, I gave my new Gyarados Ice Fang and Earthquake to give her more attack options. Both my old and current Gyaradoses have been pretty solid members of my team.

Barricade (Donphan) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: HP 252 / Def. 252 / Sp. Def 4
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

Pretty self-explanatory, I think. Rapid spin and Stealth Rock if I need them, Ice Shard for flying types and 1st hit. Simple but has been very effective.

Fenrir (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: HP 252 / Def. 4 / Sp. Def 252
    Careful Nature
    - Faint Attack
    - Yawn
    - Curse
    - Wish

This Umbreon has been a faithful member of my team for a long time. Yawn to force my opponent to either switch or take the sleep. Wish to cure Umbreon or another member of the team if I can safely switch them in. Curse to buff Umbreon and get hunkered down for a drawn-out siege, Faint Attack over Dark Pulse for the boost from Curse plus the guaranteed hit.

Biohazard (Weezing) (M) @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: HP 252 / Def 252 / Sp. Def 4
    Bold Nature
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Sludge Bomp
    - Pain Split
    - Haze

Good support Pokemon. Haze is the biggest reason for his inclusion, but if I'm up against a Pokemon that looks like it needs a good burn, I've got that option, too. Pain Split does a good job of keeping Weezing alive for a long time, even if a Wish from Umbreon isn't an option. Before adding Zoroark to my team, I used Toxic & Flamethrower instead of Wisp and Sludge bomb, and would probably go back to it if I remove Zoroark.

The tactics are dated but it's proven to be a very effective team with good chemistry. Thanks in advance
    3DS FC: 5069-4016-6747
    Friend Safari: Forretress, Klefki, Magneton

Battle conditions

-No ubers
    -No Wonder Launcher
    -No OHKOs
    -No luck-based items
    -Sleep clause
    -Species clause
    -Evasion clause if it matters to you. My team is equipped to deal with DT spammers and I don't do it myself, so I don't care either way.
    -Absolutely, positively, nothing hacked. At all. Sportsmanship above all else.

umbreon Payback > Faint Attack
    Gyara Lum Berry > LO
    Yanmega Giga Drain > Hypnosis
    Zoroark Sub > Taunt
    Just some suggestions, will do synergy and stuff later if you want
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

I would use Foul Play over dark move.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Umbreon should run a Foul Play set, like Wish/Protect/Foul Play/Swagger, as swagger doubles the opponent's attack, and Foul Play is based on the opponent's attack. Also, Foul Play would generally deal more damage to opponent's pokemon than any other dark move it has.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here