Thread: OU team need some advice

Default OU team need some advice

so im new to the meta game, found Pokemon showdown online and have been messing about on there. i have picked up a few things from watching you tube and stuff but i was looking for some specifics for my team.

im running a rain team at the minute with the following line up:

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

baiscly i use this to make it rain for the rest of my team, couple of attacks to hit incase it needs to but i mainly just use it for rain and toxic

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rapid Spin
    - Shell Smash
    - Rock Blast

primary anti dragon but works well as a general sweeper after shell smash and with skill link.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Seed Bomb

primarily used for anti steel but great against special walls and that sort of thing particularly water ones or breeloom. i did find spore works better than substitute to get a focus punch off cos i usualy loose the subsitute on the turn i put it out (am i doing something wrong) but i changed to this on advice...

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Toxic
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Giga Drain

works fantastic as a wall in the rain with its ability and toxic can wear them down easily.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Signal Beam
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

trying to cover my grass and electricity weakness with this one, i have seen other people use thundarus-therian insted of this but i cant seem to make that work for me

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Roost
    - Substitute

with roost it works well as a wall and this is my primary use for it it once won me a game when i was using it with toxic and i have kept it on those grounds but i would switch it out if something else would work better.

i do ok some of the time and have come up against so teams i destroy entirely but 6-7/10 times im just being pounded into the floor.
    Friend code: 3311-3490-9629 (Black)

Looking for:
    Gible
    Eevee

Descriptions would make rating this a lot easier
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

as in what and how i use them?

Looking for:
    Gible
    Eevee

Correct. You need descriptions to say what each pokemon is supposed to do.

Run White Herb over Leftovers on Cloyster so you can get rid of Defense drops, as with lowered defenses a lot of things will kill it.

Run Substitute over Toxic on Latias so you can avoid getting status on her, as she hates Toxic damage.

If you use Focus Punch on Breloom, also use Substitute to avoid a flinch from the opponent. Use Seed Bomb over Low Sweep for coverage.

Run Choice Specs or Life Orb on Jolteon, and give it Shadow Ball/Signal Beam over Thunder/Thunderbolt for more coverage.

That's all for now.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

cheers for the advice, tbh ive not realy set specific roles for pokemon. that's probably my first mistake. i have politoad to make it rain and then ive just looked at what works well in the rain and rolled with that. again hence why i was using tunder (100%) accuracy in the rain.

i also mostly play defenceively. throw out some toxics and wait them out.

basic tactics:
    politoad for drizzle
    cloister-anti dragon, fire and flying
    breeloom-anti steel
    jolteon-to absorb any electric attacks and sweep any water and flying types
    tentacruel and latias for stalling

Looking for:
    Gible
    Eevee

Updated with descriptions. Good luck with your team! ^_^

I would suggest Focus Blast over Hidden Power on Politoed, since it imo gives a bit more useful coverage, including Ice, and hits harder on Steel. The only thing HP Ground does, that Focus Blast doesn't is hitting Poison Types, but it's a matter of taste, I think

I also wonder if you have time to set up Swords Dance with Breloom, since it runs a SubPunch set, and therefore has to make a sub to utilize Focus Punch. I know it sounds boring, but maybe Spore would be a better option, even if it is the most standard.

Otherwise, I really like your team. It has a good balance between Defense and Offense, and a good variation of roles, as well as good selection of both supporting and damaging moves. Keep up the good work!
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges: