Thread: Should I?

Default Should I?

I tried posting this in the GenV forum, but I couldn't. If it needs to be moved, please do.

Should I finish Black before I start Black2?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

Really that is up to you.

I am the leader of the pok'emon clan known as the fullbringer's. If you're interested in joining my clan or warring with us please pm me and I will reply as soon as possible.

I personally think that if you already have Black then you should finish it to see how the storyline develops, but it doesn't really matter. I myself skipped Black and White because I knew that there would be something better two years later.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

It's recommeded as it'll become easier for you to understand B2/W2 storyline.

Don't bother, the post-game in Black version has nothing fun for you to do. Play Black 2, it's the far superior game.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

If you already own Black or have already started it, yes, I'd recommend finishing that game first. But if you really want to start Black 2 before finishing Black, you'd probably be fine. It is a sequel to Black, of course, but I don't believe the B/W storyline is vital to understanding B2/W2.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 24th January 2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Quoted text deleted

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    It's recommeded as it'll become easier for you to understand B2/W2 storyline.
    No it isn't

You don't need to play Pokémon Black/White before playing Black/White 2 as the game fills you in.

The only reason why one would want to finish Black/White first is so that they can preform the Memory Link which fills you in on what happen between Black/White and Black/White 2
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 24th January 2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Quoted Text Deleted

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

It's all up to you, but I'd recommend if you've already got the sequel you just finish the Pokémon League. I personally think it help's you understand the storyline a bit better. And you can trade over your old Pokémon .

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Don't bother, the post-game in Black version has nothing fun for you to do. Play Black 2, it's the far superior game.
    I honestly didn't pay much attention to B/W 1 when they came out, so I bought Black 2 thinking it was going to be almost the same game as B/W 1 but with some extra features and changes like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were. I was pretty surprised and a little disappointed that it takes place two years after the first game. But at the same time, if B/W 2 are superior games, then I'm glad I saved my money.

Quote Originally Posted by SKyLineR32 View Post
    I honestly didn't pay much attention to B/W 1 when they came out, so I bought Black 2 thinking it was going to be almost the same game as B/W 1 but with some extra features and changes like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were. I was pretty surprised and a little disappointed that it takes place two years after the first game. But at the same time, if B/W 2 are superior games, then I'm glad I saved my money.
    You were surprised the the games were sequels despite being called "Black and White 2" and not "Gray"?
    Hat by wolfy.

Suggest that you finish Black before Black 2, the plot wouldn't make sense otherwise.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

You should definitively play Black before the sequel
    Seeing old characters is always nice, and by playing Black first you can see how Black 2 has built on Black
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I think it all depends on what you play for. I'd play them chronologically just because it's the first core game to have a true sequel but if you just want to play for things like battling or trading, I'd say go straight to Black 2 or White 2.
    "It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    You were surprised the the games were sequels despite being called "Black and White 2" and not "Gray"?
    I made the decision to buy Black 2 first based on what Game Freak has done with the games for the past 4 generations in a row. I wasn't expecting these to be any different just because they decided to put "2" at the end.

You get more background of Black/White 2 if you play the whole game of Black/White first, but it's your decision. It seemed to me that you could still play White 2 and totally get it... I might be wrong though, I played White first...

Quote Originally Posted by SKyLineR32 View Post
    I made the decision to buy Black 2 first based on what Game Freak has done with the games for the past 4 generations in a row. I wasn't expecting these to be any different just because they decided to put "2" at the end.
    Yeah, but they made 2 games rather than 1.
    I always do thorough research of any video game I purchase before I buy it. Can't afford to shell out money on something just to have it turn out to be sub-par.
    Hat by wolfy.

It's really up to you.

Personally, I beat Black before I even went to get Black 2 just so I could see all the memory link moments.

Do you like the Pokemon Adventures manga? If so, join the club!

Credit | Author's Profile | Shipping List
    3DS Friend Code: 0748-3470-9720

Flip a coin

Heads: Yes
    Tails:: No

In other words, if you can't decide yourself, leave it to fate., you don't need a thread to make the decision for you.