Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else think Pokemon need to take a step back?

I really don't care for graphics and that, so long as I can look at it and it doesn't look like a mess to me I'm fine.

However, I don't see any reason why they should step back, the franchise is just evolving just like the Pokemon do themselves.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I personally like the new games, and I can't relate to anything under 4th gen., game wise. I always liked Pokemon, but being born in very late 1998, I never got the early generations. I got interested in Pokemon halfway through the second generation. I was a very good TCG player from KG-3rd grade. I was never allowed to play video games, until I got a Gamecube. The first game I ever got was Pokemon Colosseum, then the next year XD: GoD. The year after that, I got a DS Lite, to which I got Pokemon Pearl. Then I got HG. Then SS, then a DSi XL, then Black, and never got B2/W2. So I'm happy with the roots I have in Pokemon, but I like the new gens. Sorry for the whole 'Origin/Backstory'.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    It's seriously one Fire-type attack. And it's not even supposed to be Moltres' signature move or anything. Just because Linoone an learn Surf, does that mean there's no point to every other Water-type that can learn it?
    Linoone is a Normal Type so it can learn a variety of moves But Zapdos is A Flying and Electric type It just shouldn't have the ability to exhale hot breath! Only Pokemon with a heat sack should be able to do that! I'm sorry but Zapdos is WAY overpowered with Heat Wave the only Pokemon that can possibly stand up to that are the Rock and Ground Types.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Linoone is a Normal Type so it can learn a variety of moves But Zapdos is A Flying and Electric type It just shouldn't have the ability to exhale hot breath! Only Pokemon with a heat sack should be able to do that!
    but

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I think the idea is that the Pokemon flaps its wings or generates a wind, and the intense vibration of the air molecules generates heat. That's why gliding Pokemon, like Gliscor, or Pokemon without wings, like Dodrio, don't get it.
    I'm sorry but Zapdos is WAY overpowered with Heat Wave the only Pokemon that can possibly stand up to that are the Rock and Ground Types.
    But guys like Garchomp, Hydreigon, Nidoking, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Lucario, Zoroark, and Landorus, which have unresisted or near-unresisted coverage, are perfectly tolerable.

It's not like Zapdos has STAB on Heat Wave.

I don't get it. Fans complain about not having 3D, but when we finally get 3D they complain about not having 2D. Will they ever be happy? :/
    No sig. Deal with it.

Nah, The games are right on and are like pokemon themselves: They evolve
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Linoone is a Normal Type so it can learn a variety of moves But Zapdos is A Flying and Electric type It just shouldn't have the ability to exhale hot breath! Only Pokemon with a heat sack should be able to do that! I'm sorry but Zapdos is WAY overpowered with Heat Wave the only Pokemon that can possibly stand up to that are the Rock and Ground Types.
    At this point, you're just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    I don't get it. Fans complain about not having 3D, but when we finally get 3D they complain about not having 2D. Will they ever be happy? :/
    No, in fact, they will not.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I think it's okay to not like the 3D (I personally love it) but Pokemon needs to keep up to date with everyone else. If they stick to their old format, it'll get old and they'll lose money from less people introducing themselves to the fandom. It's like when they switched to DS platform. I'm sure there were people who didn't like it, but could you imagine if they were still making GameBoy games because a few fans didn't want to change? Just play the older games. There are way too many Pokemon games to count that come in the form you like. c:
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Yes, I get where most of you are coming from but what I meant to say was that it's such a big step in one go, i'd much rather them make smaller changes but a lot of them if that makes sense but yeah, thanks for your opinions I think i'm going to wait until the game is in my hands before I speculate any further.

Quote Originally Posted by jack xx munchlax View Post
    Yes, I get where most of you are coming from but what I meant to say was that it's such a big step in one go, i'd much rather them make smaller changes but a lot of them if that makes sense but yeah, thanks for your opinions I think i'm going to wait until the game is in my hands before I speculate any further.
    Not really, there have been 3D elements since D/P. Just look at Castelia City!.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    Not really, there have been 3D elements since D/P. Just look at Castelia City!.
    I think you mean B/W not D/P.
    But I can agree with the OP to a point, personally I prefer B/W graphics over the new graphics. Something about the Camera angle seems weird to me especially on the screen with the trainers on a route with a town in the background. People keep saying that the 3DS graphics look much better in person then on a computer screen though so I think I'll just wait a while before I make any final decisions.
    Back in my day there wasn't an XP bar on screen and you had to use cheats just to get the game in more then one color.

No, if anything, my favorite graphics style is the Gen V one, and that's counting the new 3D graphics from Gen VI!

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Everything's fine, are you telling me we're going to have gen wunners of other gens now?

Even if it was bad, they wouldn't stop upgrading. It's the way things go man.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

All I'm saying is that it'll be hard for me get over sprites D:

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    Everything's fine, are you telling me we're going to have gen wunners of other gens now?
    We've had those for a long time now.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the 3D graphics and other new features that Gen 6 will bring. As much as I love the 2D battles and over world, we've had it for years and years and the prospect of exploring a region with some real depth and scale is pretty exciting. With a series like Pokemon with so much history and tradition, I doubt we're ever going to get some horrific sort of development that really ruins the game. Game Freak have proved time and time again that they know what they're doing when it comes to adding new features and keeping the game fresh
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Wise words.
    What's great is that no matter how much things change, you can always dust off your old GBA cartridges and pop 'em in for old times' sake.
    You could do the same with your GBC cartridges, I guess, but good luck getting them to function properly. If I so much as tap my GBC while playing Yellow verison, the whole file erases.
    My Silver's battery just died A bit depressing to lose my save data, at least I hadn't gotten very far, since it was given to me not long before the remakes came out.

Personally, I'm excited about the new 3D graphics, been waiting for it ever since the 3DS was announced. As it was mentioned, all other games have progressed to 3D, why not pokemon? Would Mario games still be interesting if they had kept the plain jane side scrolling graphics? What about Zelda games? People would have stopped buying into it if it had never changed. Same thing with Pokemon, the hardware is so much better now than it was with the Game Boy, so why should we keep the same graphics. We have to face it, technology is changing, whether we like it or not.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

This I like, seeing all these people agreeing and disagreeing, but with a point that life moves on. I like the sprites and all, but I've always liked 3D much better, and thought Pokemon would be better with it. Since the first Pokemon game I played was Colosseum, I thought all Pokemon games were 3D until I got Pearl Version. So, yea, sprites are cool and stuff, but maybe there's a chance to see a sprite in the Pokemon team screen, or in the Pokedex somewhere. I don't know, but I'm telling you, Gen VI is gonna be one fun ride.

I was satisfied with the original monochrome Game Boy...

Still, the 3D looks nice.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I LOVED the graphics from B/W2, but I don't like the new full-on 3D of the new games.

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    but I don't like the new full-on 3D of the new games.
    you

haven't

played them

you

haven't

played them
    This. Honestly, we can't judge based on a few seconds from a trailer, and even those are not final game footage.

It's a big jump, but we'll get used to it. Venerate the old and usher in the new!
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    This. Honestly, we can't judge based on a few seconds from a trailer, and even those are not final game footage.

It's a big jump, but we'll get used to it. Venerate the old and usher in the new!
    Exactly. As I mentioned before, with all the advances in technology, it really doesn't make sense for a game to keep outdated graphics. There's nothing wrong with the old graphics or sprites, but it's just time for them to move on to something new.

Without playing them, or at least seeing the completed product, you can't really discard it as an awful game just yet.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

you

haven't

played them
    I agree. You can't really judge a game until you play.

Am I going to miss sprites. YES! but I think that the 3d is going to be pretty awesome. I mean look at Stadium1 and 2/ Colosseum/ XD. They weren't main games but seeing the pokemon in 3d was pretty cool.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123