Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: Could the Best Wishes Saga been different if the TR VS TP episodes weren't canceled?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Could the Best Wishes Saga been different if the TR VS TP episodes weren't canceled?

    Okay let's be honest, when Best Wishes first started, it started on a very high note. A lot of people were happy with how things were going, people actually liked the fillers, the battles were great, and a lot of fans were happy that the writers didn't spam TR every episode.

    Then, 2 years ago, the Pokemon anime community were excited about how Team Plasma would be making a debut, Giovanni and Team Rocket would be making a return, Looker would also be coming back, and Team Plasma were going to be facing off against Team Rocket.

    The amazing trailer for the two-parter got even old fans excited...until the Tohoku earthquake hit Japan and indefinitely postponed the episodes. After those episodes were postpones, a lot of people started getting disappointed with the Best Wishes saga performance and quality wise.

    So now that Episode N is finally taking place, Team Plasma is making a debut, Looker is making a return, and N is appearing, it looks like the Best Wishes saga may be re-glorified like it was before.

    But watching the opening over and over again, do any of you guys think the Best Wishes saga could have been way different if the TR VS TP did air. If it had aired, Team Plasma would have most likely appeared a lot more during the remainder of the series, Episode N most likely wouldn't exist, the Unova League arc probably would have been the end of the Best Wishes saga, Kotetsu and Virgil might have not existed, and N might have appeared way earlier.

    Who knows, maybe the Unova League were planned to be interrupted by N and Team Plasma.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    It's the third time, I think, that someone opens a thread about this.

    Anyway, my answer is - of course. This saga was totally different and maybe Ash would have been finished the Unova league in other place instead of Top 8.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong



  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,298

    Default

    Some people did start disliking the series out of nowhere because of that.

    It would have been even better though, we wouldn't have had an arc to them and the league would be bigger and hopefully done better(the Kotetsu battle).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    If it did happen, than TRio would become probably Comic Fodder again, so I think more forced evos would happen...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    If the episodes didn't get postponed we would have had BW TP instead of BW2 TP. So yeah Best Wishes would have been very different.
    I am still hoping we'll ever find out what the writers were originally planning but I doubt it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,479

    Default

    I don't really believe that the storyline changed and just think that episodes involving them in future were probably just pulled as well..
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Back then I was really excited to see how the anime would pull of Plasma and their stance on liberating Pokemon, I thought that would really change the dynamic of things but that seems long gone now. The series probably would have been better. I cant really think of much that justifies what we got instead. TR remained good overall (not as well planned as the 1st 20 episodes but still serious), rivals felt either annoying or just ok and the league turned into a disaster. Maybe what Episode N gives use will make up for it all judging at least from the new opening's foreshadowing.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    198

    Default

    I agree with IcySealeo. Of course the Best Wishes Saga would have been different if they haven't canceled the TR vs TP episodes. Alot of fans were looking forward towards these two episodes and was really disappointed when it never aired. And don't forget Team Plasma was suppose to be based off of black and white 1 not black and white 2. Also in other Sagas could you imagine how the Advanced Generations would have been without Team Magma and Team Aqua; Do you think we would have seen Groudon Vs Kyogre. Could you imagine the Diamond and Pearl Series without Team Galactic and Cyrus. Also I thought that the League was rushed too so they can get focus on The N Arc. I have alot of High hopes for this Arc.

    Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    I agree with IcySealeo. Of course the Best Wishes Saga would have been different if they haven't canceled the TR vs TP episodes. Alot of fans were looking forward towards these two episodes and was really disappointed when it never aired. And don't forget Team Plasma was suppose to be based off of black and white 1 not black and white 2. Also in other Sagas could you imagine how the Advanced Generations would have been without Team Magma and Team Aqua; Do you think we would have seen Groudon Vs Kyogre. Could you imagine the Diamond and Pearl Series without Team Galactic and Cyrus. Also I thought that the League was rushed too so they can get focus on The N Arc. I have alot of High hopes for this Arc.
    It has already been stated that the Subway Arc was already in production and the Kami Trio arc with Zager and TRio was already planned to take place at the end of 2011. TRio and Zager were always going to be the main antagonists after the episodes got postponed. We wouldn't have gotten a largely different show like some people seem to think we would have. It was probably planned from the start that TR would be the main villains during BW and BW2 and that Team Plasma would become main antagonists after the League.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    It has already been stated that the Subway Arc was already in production and the Kami Trio arc with Zager and TRio was already planned to take place at the end of 2011. TRio and Zager were always going to be the main antagonists after the episodes got postponed. We wouldn't have gotten a largely different show like some people seem to think we would have. It was probably planned from the start that TR would be the main villains during BW and BW2 and that Team Plasma would become main antagonists after the League.
    When the episodes got postponed everything related to Team Plasma got removed. Which means that we don't know what role Team Plasma would have had.

    For all we know more episodes about Team Plasma were supposed to be aired but got removed after the two parter got postponed. Hell they easily could have tweaked some existing episodes to remove anything Team Plasma related.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    When the episodes got postponed everything related to Team Plasma got removed. Which means that we don't know what role Team Plasma would have had.

    For all we know more episodes about Team Plasma were supposed to be aired but got removed after the two parter got postponed. Hell they easily could have tweaked some existing episodes to remove anything Team Plasma related.
    I guess we'll never know, but that's likely. Heck, they may even have adapted all the Team Plasma episodes so they could be inserted in Episode N, for what we know.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 19th January 2013 at 11:49 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    When the episodes got postponed everything related to Team Plasma got removed. Which means that we don't know what role Team Plasma would have had.

    For all we know more episodes about Team Plasma were supposed to be aired but got removed after the two parter got postponed. Hell they easily could have tweaked some existing episodes to remove anything Team Plasma related.
    For all we know, they planned it from the start that TP would show up in those 2 episodes and then not return until after the League. It seemed to me like they wanted to focus more on TR in BW and BW2.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    For all we know, they planned it from the start that TP would show up in those 2 episodes and then not return until after the League. It seemed to me like they wanted to focus more on TR in BW and BW2.
    That just seems very unlikely. Why introduce Team Plasma so early and then not make them appear until after the league? That would make no sense at all

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    For all we know, they planned it from the start that TP would show up in those 2 episodes and then not return until after the League. It seemed to me like they wanted to focus more on TR in BW and BW2.
    We don't know that. You just think that. TP could appear after those 2 episodes, but right after that they just removed some of the episode where they appear.

    Like someone says, until an official source tells us, we don't know what was really going to happen.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    When the episodes got postponed everything related to Team Plasma got removed. Which means that we don't know what role Team Plasma would have had.

    For all we know more episodes about Team Plasma were supposed to be aired but got removed after the two parter got postponed. Hell they easily could have tweaked some existing episodes to remove anything Team Plasma related.
    Yeah. You can even tell that some of the fillers that followed those eps seemed kinda rushed, almost like they had to scramble to write them up.

    Although despite the removal of those episodes, I still enjoyed BW's anime, moreso than any of the other seasons (overall, at least).

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Yeah. You can even tell that some of the fillers that followed those eps seemed kinda rushed, almost like they had to scramble to write them up.
    Like what? Because ALL the fillers following the eps and before Nimbasa City were already written before the disaster struck.

    There was no "scrambling to write things up", that's not how it works in the TV business. People need to get this through their heads already.

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    There's a chance they still might play those episodes
    True, but they'll be retconned into current continuity and the end result tweaked a little (probably so that TR is the big loser of the fight, not TP.)
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 20th January 2013 at 6:03 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Prior to the eps BW felt like DP now I know they had eps finished prior to those eps but as soon as the eps were put to rest the following ones really seemed to go down in quality. They kinda picked up with the Don George battles and the Nimbasa ARc but went back down later

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,703

    Default

    Um, probably not. Sure we probably would have seen Team Plasma more often if the two episodes hadn't been cancelled, but I doubt it would have made much of a difference for me personally. Seeing N and the others would have been a beacon of hope for BW, but there were still too many other issues in that saga, for me anyway.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fluttershy's Cottage
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Okay let's be honest, when Best Wishes first started, it started on a very high note. A lot of people were happy with how things were going, people actually liked the fillers, the battles were great, and a lot of fans were happy that the writers didn't spam TR every episode.

    Then, 2 years ago, the Pokemon anime community were excited about how Team Plasma would be making a debut, Giovanni and Team Rocket would be making a return, Looker would also be coming back, and Team Plasma were going to be facing off against Team Rocket.

    The amazing trailer for the two-parter got even old fans excited...until the Tohoku earthquake hit Japan and indefinitely postponed the episodes. After those episodes were postpones, a lot of people started getting disappointed with the Best Wishes saga performance and quality wise.

    So now that Episode N is finally taking place, Team Plasma is making a debut, Looker is making a return, and N is appearing, it looks like the Best Wishes saga may be re-glorified like it was before.

    But watching the opening over and over again, do any of you guys think the Best Wishes saga could have been way different if the TR VS TP did air. If it had aired, Team Plasma would have most likely appeared a lot more during the remainder of the series, Episode N most likely wouldn't exist, the Unova League arc probably would have been the end of the Best Wishes saga, Kotetsu and Virgil might have not existed, and N might have appeared way earlier.

    Who knows, maybe the Unova League were planned to be interrupted by N and Team Plasma.
    When I look back at all this... It still really ticks me off!!! All because of that stupid earthquake the whole saga had to be dumbed down! Why couldn't they just have a 1 or 2 month Hiatus instead of just a bunch of boring forgettable fillers!? Grrrr.... It still irks me to this day! BW1 Ghetsis could have been the most badass anime villain ever! However with this new Episode N saga (it is a saga right?) we might just get graced with the even more badass BW2 Ghetsis! Let's just hope that no more major earthquakes hit Japan for a while otherwise we may never see a dark destructive situation in the Pokemon anime again! (Note: The Earthquake and Tsunami that hit Japan 2 years ago was very tragic and I don't mean any offence with this post I just had to vent my anger a bit.)
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

  20. #20

    Default

    I don't think it would have made too much of a difference. They might have made the series more exciting, but two episodes aren't enough to save an entire saga.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Let's just hope that no more major earthquakes hit Japan for a while otherwise we may never see a dark destructive situation in the Pokemon anime again!
    That's definitely why we should hope for no more earthquakes. Not because of the loss of life or anything.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chasing The Sun
    Posts
    779

    Default

    I honestly don't see how BW would be different if those episodes weren't canceled.

    But I guess that's something we'll never know because I don't think those episodes are ever going to air.
    Pokemon Alpha Sahppire Team


    Trainer Name: Erin
    Location: Battle Resort
    3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    When the episodes got postponed everything related to Team Plasma got removed. Which means that we don't know what role Team Plasma would have had.

    For all we know more episodes about Team Plasma were supposed to be aired but got removed after the two parter got postponed. Hell they easily could have tweaked some existing episodes to remove anything Team Plasma related.
    I Agree due to them Postponing the 2 Part Episodes we might not know what they were planning. For all we know they could have planned to have both Team Plasma. Team Plasma from Black and White 1 where N is the antagonist along with the 7 Sages,The Shadow Triad, and Ghetsis trying to achieve there goal in liberating Pokemon from humans. And after the League they could have Neo Team Plasma where N realizes his mistake and how Pokemon and Humans should live together in Harmony. N along side Ash and Co. being the protagonist trying to stop Ghetsis and Neo Team Plasma. Team Rocket will always have an Arc dedicated to themselves. The Whole Best Wishes Saga had Great Potential if they would have debut The 2 Episodes of TR VS TP because Both Team Plasma and Team Rocket would have more of a role in the Anime.

    Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Short answer: NO.

    Longer answer: Up to the Nimbasa Subway two-parter was in production when the TR vs. TP episodes were "cancelled", and the whole year (like always) was mapped out from the start, with the Kami Trio two-parter planned for the end to tie in with Kami Trio holiday merchandise. Also, BW039, which ultimately led to the Twist Mountain two-parter, would be one of the episodes already in production at the time of the disaster. Taking all of this into consideration, I think it's obvious there was never going to be a Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma story arc following the two-parter. The two-parter was just to wrap up the story arc of the first few BW episodes. Team Rocket was always intended to be the serious evil team that would get defeated before the League, like Aqua/Magma and Galactic were, THEN Team Plasma would show up. People just need to accept this and stop scapegoating the disaster.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    I think A LOT of episodes were scrapped, and the ones already made were heavily edited to remove Team Plasma/Team Rocket because of the incident. TP were never introduced, so they couldn't air any preceding episodes.

    So yes, I think BW would have been different and a lot more interesting.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    I think A LOT of episodes were scrapped, and the ones already made were heavily edited to remove Team Plasma/Team Rocket because of the incident. TP were never introduced, so they couldn't air any preceding episodes.
    Then you don't know how TV animation works. At all.

    That would have been impossible due to scheduling issues and the amount of time it takes to animate or "heavily edit" things. If Team Plasma was in episodes that were already made (which is up to the Subway two-parter, mind you) and removed, we'd KNOW. And if TP was really intended to be in unproduced episodes shortly following the two-parter, WHY would they be scrapped? Why wouldn't they just be reworked so that THEY introduced Team Plasma instead? I'm sorry, but there is no conspiracy here. TP wasn't cut from anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    But I guess that's something we'll never know because I don't think those episodes are ever going to air.
    Er, have you seen the Episode N opening? Because it seems to suggest otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    You wouldn't have gotten a different story, and you most definitely wouldn't have gotten a differently written league. This is just looking for scapegoats for writing decisions you didn't like.
    THANK YOU. Listen to Dephender, people, he gets it.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 20th January 2013 at 2:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •