Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which games had made you feel angry?

I dreaded getting a 3-Star rank in Mario Kart 7, the AI was horrible, it literally took me a year to get the rank! In fact, I just got it a few weeks ago. I also really hate the arenas in Fire Emble. The only FE game I played that had arenas was the eighth one, and I would get so mad when my unit would die in the arena after hours of training other units. The worse thing, I heard it's even worse in other FE games because you can at least train in other areas in FE8.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Assassin's Creed Revelations, that one broken as hell Master Assassin mission where to achieve 100% sync you have to prevent an NPC from being hit. The thing is you're being attacked by an onslaught of waves and waves of 3-5 enemies. Assassin's Creed combat only lets you attack on enemy at a time. So the only way to possibly win is by having tons of recruit assassins ready, and the right kind of bombs, and even with that you need a ton of luck so that your recruits can actually hit their targets on time. Since Assassin's Creed's combat is that way it is it can be extremely frustrating when you see someone who is about to attack the NPC and you're locked in combat with someone else and unable to save them. Plus every time you fail you have to manually restart the mission and wait through a 3 minute unskippable in-game cutscene. It's like Ubisoft didn't even playtest this crap. After about an hour I finally got 100% sync.
    I'm shocked they never fixed the 'last checkpoint is beginning doesn't count as starting over' thing throughout the whole series. Absolutely brutal.

Oblivion. I died from sun damage when it auto saved so I had to reboot to my last manual save from an hour ago.

I am going to get so much crap for this.

Mass Effect 3 for being uncreative gameplay wise and for unnecessarily changing the plot at the very end. Exploration was completely dropped (instead of just improving the Mako sections of ME1 or making the Hammer Head from ME2 stronger for better exploration), Harbinger (who was foreshadowed as being the big villain for ME3 back in ME2) was demoted to "side-character" in the worst sense of the word, the third-person cover based shooting was basically a clone of the combat in Gears of War with little variation, the Mattock rifle was downgraded, major characters in ME2 were demoted to extras, turning Cerberus into the bad guys was handled and explained poorly (somehow, an organization that had no more than 250 people in it become the equivalent of the Empire from Star Wars in the course of six months), certain big questions to the plot (such as why the Reapers didn't take the Citadel immediately after conquering Earth, why the Reapers needed Soveriegn to open the Citadel Realy in ME1 when the Catalyst AI could have done it himself, and why we needed to go to Earth to open the Citadel when we could have easily just used the Conduit back on Illos to do it) are never explained, and the overarching plot of the series is changed at the very end (screw the Extended Cut DLC, it didn't fix the change in the plot no matter how many people did or did not like it).
    Last edited by Trutown; 7th March 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Mario Kart wii annoys so much as one minute your 1st then a blue pixie comes and you got down several places.

I was so infuriated trying to get star ranks to the point I gave up on trying to unlock Rosalina

No game has made me ever really throw my controller at the wall yet but it took me like 30 attempts to beat the last boss in Hotline Miami. That was pretty rage inducing.
    Gift for Kanix
    Made by RJ FIGHTER

Soul Calibur V and FIFA 13.

Both will be the last of their genre that I ever purchase again. It's just not...healthy. Can't believe I've platinum'd the former and almost platinum'd the latter.

I gave up using the bots in Battlefield 1942. Like, the enemy bots have too perfect of aim, the friendly bots just go prone and don't move like they're a sniper, and I'm forced to do all the work.

Now, if nobody's playing on the servers I usually go onto, I just take a nap or do homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandelurefan1 View Post
    Mario Kart wii annoys so much as one minute your 1st then a blue pixie comes and you got down several places.

I was so infuriated trying to get star ranks to the point I gave up on trying to unlock Rosalina
    Why don't you just buy Super Mario Galaxy. It's arguably the best game on the Wii and one of many games that could claim to be the 'best game ever'(implying that, objectively, such a thing exists). That and getting Rosalina is easy as pie with it.

The Fire Emblem: Awakening demo has been annoying me a bit. Of course, the exact same dialogue is going to play for the Prologue and Chapter 1, but you can't skip it very easily as even if you mash the A button it takes a while because of the frackton of dialogue. Once you've played a demo at least 5 times, you just want to experience the gameplay rather than the exact same words over and over.
    And naturally, the only thing you can skip are the gorgeous fully-voiced 3D cutscenes that stand alongside the gameplay as the highlight of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Why don't you just buy Super Mario Galaxy. It's arguably the best game on the Wii and one of many games that could claim to be the 'best game ever'(implying that, objectively, such a thing exists). That and getting Rosalina is easy as pie with it.
    I understand that is the easy way, but you don't feel truly accomplished unless you done it the hard way. Although Super Mario Galaxy is still a good game.
    Last edited by Chandelurefan1; 5th April 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Being a gamer, no single game ever made me ragequit. Not even the lag can wash this off.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    Mario Party, that game is seriously annoying.
    That brings out the rage in you. It's a great way to know who is more likely to punch you when things don't go their way.

I'm not one to really rage at video games, but I remember getting frustrated at the Shadows of the Empire game when I was younger. It's a fun game, but I hated some of the bosses, Bobba Fett and the Gladiator from level nine in particular. DEAR GOD, THE GLADIATOR. That thing is a cheating bastard, I swear. I hate it so much, stupid laser spams...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234