Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Rollers

Default High Rollers

...okay, Chain Reaction is falling apart on me. I've been wanting to try this one, so well, now I have an excuse to try this out.

RULES:

Two contestants compete in a dice game. Numbers one through nine are arranged into three columns; this arrangement changes with every round. For example, one board arrangement might look like this:

Code:
    [5] [2] [1]
    [9] [3] [6]
    [8] [4] [7]

A prize or minigame is put in each column to begin every round. The minigames vary widely, from rolling a number to determine what prize you win, to beating an audience member by rolling a higher number than them. Those will be explained as they come up.

Prizes/minigames that are not won carry over to future rounds, and prizes/minigames are added to columns until they reach a total of 5 prizes/minigames, at which point nothing more is added until the column is won, at which point the column resets and a prize is added to restart the column.

THE MAIN GAME:

After prizes/minigames are added to the columns and the numbers are put up on the board, the host asks a question. The contestant who buzzes in first (we're using buzzcodes here) has a chance to answer the question. If they get it right, they get control of the (two) dice; if they're wrong, their opponent does.

Control means you can choose whether to roll or pass the dice.

When the dice are rolled, the total of whatever comes up is what must be removed, either by itself or in combinations; for example, if a 10 comes up, you can remove any combination of numbers on the board that adds up to 10: 1-9, 2-8, 3-7, 4-6, 1-2-7, 1-3-6, 1-4-5, 2-3-5, or 1-2-3-4.

Also, if you roll a double, you gain an insurance marker, the purpose of which is explained below.

Whoever removes the last number in a column gains control of the prizes in that column, but has not necessarily won them yet.

After the roll is made and numbers are removed, another question is asked in the same way as above.

How do you win a round? There are two ways - either knock off the last number on the board, in which case you win the round, or have your opponent make a bad roll.

In this game, a bad roll is any roll where no combination of numbers can be removed from the board. For example, in this board:

Code:
    [X] [2] [X]
    [9] [X] [6]
    [8] [4] [X]
    ...the bad rolls would be 3, 5 and 7. If you make a bad roll, you lose the round... unless you have an insurance marker, in which case, you turn in the insurance marker and roll again. If you make a bad roll that's also a double, you just roll again.

If by some bizarre luck we get to the point where the only number left on the board is the 1, one more question is asked; if you buzz in and you're right, you win; if you're wrong, your opponent wins.

Whoever wins a round wins any prizes that are in the columns they cleared the last numbers out of; if they did not clear any columns, they receive $500. If the contestant won a column with any minigames in them, they play the minigame (or minigames) immediately.

The first player to win two rounds advances to the Big Numbers; the loser takes home any prizes they accumulated during their time on the show.

Oh, one more thing: if a player manages to clear all three numbers in a column with one roll, they win a Hot Column bonus of $500, theirs to keep regardless of who wins the round.

Insurance markers carry over from round to round, but DO NOT carry over to the Big Numbers.

THE BIG NUMBERS:

The winner now faces another board with numbers 1 through 9. They will roll the dice to try and clear the board of numbers. Insurance markers are still rewarded for doubles. Each number knocked off is worth $500. If the winner makes a bad roll without an insurance marker, they only add to their prizes from the main game the cash they accrued here. However, if they clear all 9 numbers off the board, they win a prize, based on how many times they've won the Big Numbers before.

1st BN: $10,000
    2nd BN: CAR (between $20K-$30K)
    3rd BN: $50,000
    4th BN: $100,000
    5th BN: $200,000

In other words, if you're playing, and you've won the big numbers twice before, you're playing for $50,000.

Once the Big Numbers are finished, the champion competes against a new player.

Champions remain for either 10 matches or until they win the $200,000 in the Big Numbers, whichever occurs first.

I'll need two players, please. Who's interested?
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Page 2 approval, so moving this up.

Let's do this. I'll play.

Credit to Rayquaza The First

I can't seem to stay here, can I?

Alright. I have Destroyer39 lined up to oppose you, so with no objections, we'll get started!

--------------------

[CBS ID]

--------------------

[THEME PLAYS]

Dean Goss: HIGH ROLLERS!

*host enters stage, goes over to dice table and contestants, throws dice onto table*

Dean: And here's the man with the action, Doctor Who!

(cheers and applause)

Thank you, Dean, and welcome to High Rollers! Skill, strategy, sabotage, and these unpredictable dice are the elements to this game, and our contestants will be using all of them to win thousands of dollars in cash and prizes. And if one of our contestants has enough luck, they just might leave the studio with hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes! We'll start that by meeting our contestants. First, we have Destroyer39. Would you please tell us about yourself?

Can I play the next round?
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Well i am a pokemon master, 5-time Unova Champion, 5-time Sinnoh Champion, Hoenn Champion, Johto Champion, and Kanto Champion. I play all of Docter Who's games.
    I have officially claimed the bugbot.

Well, let's see if we can make you a champ here, we'll see in just a second. Drink, welcome to the show, what do you want the world to know about you?

(Next update will likely be sometime Thursday or Friday, FTR)

Of course Destroyer is the pokemon master of his dimention, but because of this, (Holds up his watch) I can be the pokemon king of my own, having easily beat all the leagues many times. It's time to see which master is the best.

(Prizes and first question will be posted sometime tomorrow, leaving in just a second here; road trip)

Oops sorry. meant to include that i am still reigning champ of all those regions.

Hmph, Like i said. In your own dimension. (Shows watch again) This just happens to be a Dimensional Teleporter. So let the best master win.

Agreed. Pretty cool watch by the way.

Well, I think you've gotten that taken care of. (to viewers) We haven't been on at all for about 20 or so years, unless you count the YouTube 'reruns', so quick summary of how the game works now. The object is to remove the numbers 1 through 9 from a game board by rolling an oversized pair of dice, like the ones on the table right now. To get control of these dice, I'll ask a question. As you fans know, being first with the right answer gives you control. Win a game, and we light up your name. Win two games and you'll go onto the Big Numbers for your first level of $10,000. (audience cheers) But before we get to the questions, we have the matter of prizes, starting with Column 1. Dean?

(cue)

It's a 46" 1080p 3D LED LCD HDTV from Sharp! It feaatures AQUOS Quattron 3DTV technology that produces a brighter 3D experience with reduced crosstalk; UltraBrilliant LED system that uses "double-dome" light amplifier lens and multi-fluorescents for high brightness and color purity; plus built in wireless with Netflix, Vudu, Cinema Now and more. From Sharp! And to go with that TV, we're also throwing in 50 free months of Netflix! Instantly watch as many TV episodes & movies as you want for only $7.99 a month. Choose from thousands of TV episodes & movies with no commitments and no hassles. From Netflix. This prize is worth $2,200!

(applause)

That's a good prize right there. Let's see what's in column 2...

(cue)

Dean: It's 50 six-packs of Degree Cool Rush Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant! It's body heat activated so it works when you do! You'll probably need all that after your workout with this home gym!

(applause)

Shape your body, get strong, lose weight, and even improve your golf swing with the BodyCraft XPress Pro strength training system. The XPress Pro lets you perform a wide range of exercises, with stations for chest presses, shoulder presses, lat pulls, leg lifts, and more. The BodyCraft XPress cable arms utilize pulleys and cables for unrestricted, completely natural, and biomechanically correct movements, from BodyCraft! This prize package is worth a total of $3,997!

(applause)

And I think you'll really like what's in the third column...

(cue)

Dean: It's a 3-wheeled scooter coupe! This two-person scooter coupe can achieve 30 mph when propelled by its 50cc air-cooled four-stroke engine, yet the craft is safer than a conventional scooter because it operates on three wheels. With a 1 1/2 gallon fuel tank that provides a range of 100 miles, it has an average fuel efficiency of 60-80 mpg. It has automatic transmission with independent all-wheel suspension and shock absorbers that provide a smooth ride on its 13" alloy wheels and rubber tires. From Hammacher Schlemmer! This prize is worth $7,000; bringing the value of the board to $13,197!

(applause)

And let's light up the board now. For the Hot Column, I'm thinking 2. Let's see...

(drum solo as the numbers light up)

Code:
    [3] [9] [6]
    [7] [4] [2]
    [8] [5] [1]

[$2200]       [$3997]       [$7000]
    [TV/Netflix][Workout][Scooter Coupe]
    Oh... it's column 3. But anyhow, if you make a roll of 9, you'll be able to clear column 3 and receive a $500 bonus! Hands on buzzers, here we go...

What U.S. state holds the annual Fur Festival?

(normally, deadlines are 48 hours but owing to Thanksgiving here, 72 hour deadline to PM your buzzcode, and if you want to, your answer should you be closer to the buzzcode)

Louisiana.

Buzzcode: 68

1st: Destroyer (54)
    2nd: Drink (52)

[BUZZ]

Destroyer?

Louisiana.

Well, that is not right. We were looking for Alaska. Considering how cold it can be up there, it makes sense. Drink, all rolls are good, so roll the dice!

(he does)

You have a seven, how do you want to get rid of that?

(If I'm allowed to, still a little confused)

I'd like to take 6 and 1 please.

(no, don't worry, you're doing it right)

Code:
    [3] [9] [X]
    [7] [4] [2]
    [8] [5] [X]

No bad rolls yet, so we continue on...

What American cable network initially began as a low-rated UHF outlet in Atlanta that was renamed WTCG-TV by its owner in 1970?

(48 hours for answer and buzzcode)

(Destroyer, you've missed a deadline, two more and I'll have to replace you)

*BUZZ*

Drink?

Time Warner Cable?

I'm afraid you may have misunderstood the question. That new owner was Ted Turner, and the station turned into TBS. Destroyer, all rolls are good, so roll the dice!

You've got a seven.

*BUZZ*

Destroyer, you've taken too much time again. One more deadline and I'll have to replace you.

Drink, since Destroyer missed the deadline, you get to choose how to take off the seven.

(i am sorry, i was going to PM you but i went out of internet for a bit.

Take off the 2 and 5 please.

*DING X2*

Code:
    [3] [9] [X]
    [7] [4] [X]
    [8] [X] [X]

*DINGS, APPLAUSE*

Code:
    [--DRINK--][DESTROYER]
    [-SCOOTER-]
               [STRIKE 2]
    Code:
    [3] [9] [X]
    [7] [4] [X]
    [8] [X] [X]

[$2200]       [$3997]       [     ]
    [TV/Netflix][Workout][CLEARED]

Well, Drink, you've got the scooter, but you need to win the round to claim it. Some bad rolls are coming into play now - the bad rolls are 2, 5, and 6. Another question on the way.

What sea creatures become "calamari" on an Italian menu?

(48 hours)

Buzzcode: 44

1st: Blitz (formerly Drink)
    2nd: Destroyer

[BUZZ]

Blitz: Octopi

Well, I'm afraid that and squid, the correct answer, aren't the same thing, so you're wrong. Destroyer, you know the bad rolls, do you want to roll or pass?

roll please.

(a few groans from the audience)

Well, we'll just see what happens. Destroyer, give those dice a roll!

(he does)

A five.

[BAD ROLL]

And that means Blitz wins the scoot coupe!

Code:
    [--BLITZ--][DESTROYER]
    [-SCOOTER-]
               [STRIKE 2]
    [-GAME 1--]
    [WIN CUE]

Blitz, what do you think of that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast