Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Bug team V2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default Bug team V2 [OU]

    Ok soo.. Recently i lost to a clan member whom was using an all psychic team against my bug team....... >.>....
    Anyways the reason i lost was because of a Abnormally fast flawless,scarfed, jinx. ( =.= if your reading this drastic... I'm coming for you... lol )
    This made me realize that their are plays, with faster pokemon that could cause me to loose especially if i don't see it coming so...
    I thought about it and i figured out a few counters to use in order to counter the pokes that can outspeed me and or create a un comfortable situation..
    Though obviously if i sub out a few pokes from my current team i have to think of new was to use them..
    This is the new team im thinking of. please id love to hear what you all have to say.

    Its an odd idea.. But.. yeah..


    Heracross
    @choice scarf
    Ability:moxie
    adamant
    ~earthquake
    ~megahorn
    ~rock slide
    ~close combat/Arial ace ( currently have cc )

    Obviosly to sweep what it can. I can switch out and into armaldo,illumise or escavalier to change moves if nto power through it.
    Earthquake so i can get coverage on some decent stuff as well. Thinking about arial ace for those pesky Terrakions butt ...yea


    Escavalier
    @Left overs/life orb?
    Ability: shell armor
    Sassy
    ~mega horn
    ~pursuit
    ~knock off/swordsdance
    ~ Substitute/swordsdance

    Assistance^. Escavalier will be basicly to stall out and or get rid of an item that a threataning poke has. I'd also be using him to switch moves with my choiced pokes.


    Illumise
    @Focus sash
    Ability: prankster
    Timid/hasty
    ~Covet
    ~Thunder wave
    ~confuse ray/protect/light screen
    ~Attract/protect/light screen

    With this illumise i can effectively use it to cripple a poke in which would offer a great threat. I could switch into it if need be because of the focus sash and then with prankster will use either covet/thunderwave or even a few other moves. But with prankster i could disable the poke that either outspeeds mine or force it to switch out. Which i can deal with later after its crippled




    Venomoth
    @Wide lens
    Ability:tinted Lens
    Timid
    ~Bug buzz
    ~Psychic
    ~Sleep Powder
    ~Stun Spore

    I'm also considering subbing out my venomoth though i do like him alot.
    Cause the idea with venomoth would be to use my normal play with venomoth, sleep powder and then when they switch out i use stun spore :P
    But if i were to sub him out i think i might replace him with either my armaldo, scizor or volbeat.
    Though im not sure which one.



    Galvantula
    @choice scarf
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Timid
    ~Bug Buzz
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Giga Drain
    ~Thunder

    Scarfed mainly so that it can outspeed other scarfed pokes. I use to run choice specs on this galvantula but then i tried
    choice scarf and had alot more success.




    Volcarona
    @life Orb
    Ability:flame body
    Modest
    ~Quiver Dance
    ~Bug Buzz
    ~Heat Wave
    ~Giga Drain

    Volcarona for bug types obvious weeknesss, its a general power house some what and id probably use volcarona straight out the gate..



    So yeah.. If you hadn't noticed its a Bug team but regardless please tell me what you think.. My current bug mono type has some weekness and regardless im looking forward to train some more bugs.
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 20th January 2013 at 2:33 PM.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Better descriptions would be nice for the team.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

    DW(non-female)- ,

    DW females-

    Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779


    Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    Better descriptions would be nice for the team.
    Why...... >.>
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    400

    Default

    because that makes it easier for us to rate, and because a mod might lock it as is now...
    Challenge the P4L League here

    The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

    I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyDriver View Post
    because that makes it easier for us to rate, and because a mod might lock it as is now...
    Do you mean somthing other than Bug team v2?
    This all seems rather irrelevant to me though..

    EDIT: i think i figured out what you ment, though regardless of this correction i would think it would be a bit obvious >.>
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 20th January 2013 at 2:22 PM.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    None of your ****ing business
    Posts
    735

    Default

    No spinner and your whole team is weak to Stealth Rock...? Where is the sense in this? Excavalier is hopelessly outclassed by Scizor, but I'd actually recommend Forretress for Rapid Spin support, so Rocks won't literally ravage your entire team.


    Forretress @ Leftovers
    Sturdy - Impish
    252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
    -Spikes
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Volt Switch

    Forretress is pretty much your only option for a Bug spinner, but he's a good spinner, plus he learns all 3 hazard moves. Since your team isn't stall based at all, you should probably carry Spikes and Stealth Rock over Toxic Spikes. Rapid Spin blows Rocks and Spikes off your side of the field, and Volt Switch helps preserve momentum and lets you switch out of Magnezone.

    Venomoth's only real niche is Baton Passing Quiver Dances. You could go with Scizor here, or Yanmega.


    Scizor @ Life Orb
    Adamant - Technician
    252 HP, 248 Defence, 8 Attack
    -Sword's Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite / Superpower
    -Roost / Superpower

    This is your typical bulky SD Scizor. Sword's Dance gives you crazy Attack in one turn, and after that he can fire off powerful Technician boosted STAB Bullet Punches. Bug Bite provides a secondary STAB with a bit more power, and Roost heals off Life Orb recoil, however either move could be dropped for Superpower, which slams some of the most common Scizor switchins like Heatran.

    Or there's Yanmega


    Yanmega @ Life Orb
    Modest - Speed Boost
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Signal Beam
    -Air Slash
    -Hidden Power (Ground) / Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Protect

    Yanmega actually makes a great late-game sweeper. Lead with Protect, which guarantees you get a Speed Boost, and then sweep. The Hidden Power you choose depends on whether you hate Heatran or Skarmory more. Also, if you do use him, you pretty much have to use a spinner thanks to his 4x Rock weakness.

    Illumise actually is a great Prankster abuser, but you're using it wrong. For one Covet is an attacking move and isn't boosted by Prankster. Either way, your team would benefit more from a reliable revengekiller than Prankster support, so you could try your typical Heracross.


    Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly - Moxie
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

    Pretty much gives you flawless coverage on just about everything in the game, unless they make that Levitating Ghost/Steel I've been wanting since Gen 3. Megahorn and Close Combat are great STABs with decent coverage right there, and Stone Edge and Earthquake hit the ghosts and stuff that his STABs don't.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

    ~Richard Dawkins


    I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    206

    Default

    ^so want a Levitating Ghost/Steel

    Try using Volbeat over Illumise. You can pass Tail Glow boosts to Tinted Lens Yanmega, equip a Choice Scarf on it to outspeeed many threats (though if you run max speed only Scarfers can outspeed you), and crush a huge portion of the metagame with Tinted Lens +3 Bug Buzz.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

    DW(non-female)- ,

    DW females-

    Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779


    Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Volt switch>sucker punch to keep momentum, and not lock yourself into another move on galavantula
    I have claimed the deadly snake Seviper, as of December 2 2011

    Huge credit to Brutaka Blaziken and PkmnFn for the banner
    This archeops is currently staring into your soul. Deal with it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    Ok soo.. Recently i lost to a clan member whom was using an all psychic team against my bug team....... >.>....
    Anyways the reason i lost was because of a Abnormally fast flawless,scarfed, jinx. ( =.= if your reading this drastic... I'm coming for you... lol )
    This made me realize that their are plays, with faster pokemon that could cause me to loose especially if i don't see it coming so...
    I thought about it and i figured out a few counters to use in order to counter the pokes that can outspeed me and or create a un comfortable situation..
    Though obviously if i sub out a few pokes from my current team i have to think of new was to use them..
    This is the new team im thinking of. please id love to hear what you all have to say.



    Well obviously their is a weakness to rocks, though my idea is mainly that in order for them to actually lay those rocks their gonna have to send out a poke to do that, and most pokes whom do have that ability have a hard time defeating my volcarona. Especially if they switch out and into it. If they have a team that obviosly has stealth rocks and they switch into that poke as their doing so or even say they are laying the rocks i can get volvarona in.
    Galvantula only takes about 1/4th of its max hp from rocks and its scarfed. Volcarona is really the only pokemon who takes significant damage from rocks. Also armaldo's Focus sash is null and void because of rocks though if i play it right it still doesnt matter. Though regardless i see your point.
    I could get a armaldo with rapid spin.. but yeah.. Its minimal risk because the main threat by rocks is volcarona whom really only serves a few roles.
    My main idea is to protect heracross so that it can sweep as many pokes as possible and the rest of my pokes will clean up the rest.
    With a situation similer to the ones your implying i would simply just send out volcarona first to cause chaos.
    After thinking about this for a bit it think i'm gonna switch out escavalier for either the baneded scizor i currently use and or your scizor as its a good idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttar's stone edge View Post
    Volt switch>sucker punch to keep momentum, and not lock yourself into another move on galavantula

    Thats smart and im doing that now
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 21st January 2013 at 6:27 PM.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    Well obviously their is a weakness to rocks, though my idea is mainly that in order for them to actually lay those rocks their gonna have to send out a poke to do that, and most pokes whom do have that ability have a hard time defeating my volcarona. Especially if they switch out and into it. If they have a team that obviosly has stealth rocks and they switch into that poke as their doing so or even say they are laying the rocks i can get volvarona in.
    Galvantula only takes about 1/4th of its max hp from rocks and its scarfed. Volcarona is really the only pokemon who takes significant damage from rocks. Also armaldo's Focus sash is null and void because of rocks though if i play it right it still doesnt matter. Though regardless i see your point.
    I could get a armaldo with rapid spin.. but yeah.. Its minimal risk because the main threat by rocks is volcarona whom really only serves a few roles.
    My main idea is to protect heracross so that it can sweep as many pokes as possible and the rest of my pokes will clean up the rest.
    With a situation similer to the ones your implying i would simply just send out volcarona first to cause chaos.
    After thinking about this for a bit it think i'm gonna switch out escavalier for either the baneded scizor i currently use and or your scizor as its a good idea.
    Still, something like Forretress would help greatly. Galvantula, Illuminise and Venomoth take 1/4 damage from rocks and that isn't considering if spikes or toxic spikes are in play. Forretress gives you acces to SR and Spikes turing 2HKOs into OHKOs making it quite the asset. Armaldo is another choice, but honestly, it isn't as good as forry.




    ^Click the pic for my PASBL Trainer Summary!^

        Spoiler:- Credits:


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hauntershadow92 View Post
    Still, something like Forretress would help greatly. Galvantula, Illuminise and Venomoth take 1/4 damage from rocks and that isn't considering if spikes or toxic spikes are in play. Forretress gives you acces to SR and Spikes turing 2HKOs into OHKOs making it quite the asset. Armaldo is another choice, but honestly, it isn't as good as forry.

    That's quite true, i actually had a mono team bug battle with a mate just before. only 2 battles and the one that i did use the forretress over armaldo i actually won >.>
    Although it is somewhat of a annoyance to use forretress, he's quite good.
    This is the current moveset i'm rocking on forrestress.


    Forretress
    @normal gem
    Ability:sturdy
    Timid
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~block
    ~Explosion


    When i do choose to sub out a armaldo for forretress i do generally see results.
    I was thinking about using a silk scarf however instead of a normal gem.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    None of your ****ing business
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Close Combat hits Terrakion super-effectively with a LOT more power. Really, the only thing that can effectively use Aerial Ace is Scyther who gets both STAB and a Technician boost on it.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

    ~Richard Dawkins


    I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

  13. #13

    Default

    Wouldn't scizor be a check to terrakion if he ran technition and bullet punch? In fact the one you suggested earlier would suffice. So forretress over illumise and scizor over venomoth. Your team is overall too specially based.




    ^Click the pic for my PASBL Trainer Summary!^

        Spoiler:- Credits:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •