Thread: [R] One Piece: Age of Dreams! Discussion Thread

Default [R] One Piece: Age of Dreams! Discussion Thread

Spoiler:- Kamotz's Permission:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Crew

Our protagonists; a band of valiant, but troubled misfits gathered from every corner of the sea. Despite the various range of good and bad acts that causes division on their thoughts, these pirates are a tight-nit group and a family that will protect each other from danger. They also have their dreams they wish to accomplish and aren't afraid to turn the whole world upside down to do so.

Captain: "Slime Lord" Diego D. Vendrix

First Mate/Navigator: "Ocean Lion" Gao Scorpaenidae

Sniper/Musician: “Doomsplosion” Dominic Hellsing

Chef/Swordswoman: "Black Cutlass" Katie Yancuke

Doctor/Shipwright: "Fixer-Upper Pucker" Emi McCloud

Scholar: "Hell's Tomcat" Jon Aidou

Helmsman: "Lizard King" Londed Salamandre

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARINES

Led by the Fleet Admiral, the marines are the upholders of justice in the world and the main military of the World Government.

Fleet Admiral

The Admirals

Indidivual Important Misc

THE YONKOU

The four most strongest pirates in the world, they all control significant amounts of territory and have massive pirate crews serving under them. Even the Marines fear a confrontation against them...

• World's Strongest Man: Yonkou 1
    • Yonkou 2
    • Yonkou 3
    • Yonkou 4

SHICHIBUKAI

The seven Warlords, a group of pirates who have formed alliances with the World Government in exchange for freedom and other benefits. In return, they hunt down rookies and will aid the Government in battle if the time comes. However, each Warlord has their own agendas that are mostly unknown to the Government...

World's Strongest Swordsman

WORLD GOVERNMENT

The absolute rulers of the world, controlling most of the islands in the world. It is unimaginable that anyone would even think of going against the World Government and the many countries that are allied with them. Not to mention the amount of forces they hold power over... the Marines, Cipher Pol, Shichibukai, and Commander-in-Chief all kneel before the World Government's leaders.

Gorousei

Commander-in-Chief

CP9
    [/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken Devil Fruit List

Paramecia
    Slime Slime Fruit - Diego D. Vendrix
    Fuwa Fuwa no Mi- Emi "Pucker" McCloud

Zoan
    Mythical: Ryu Ryu no Mi Model Wyvern- Jon Aidou (post Timeskip)
    Toka Toka no Mi, Model: Komodo Dragon- Londed Salamandre

Logia

Announcements and Upcoming Events

- Worlds' Strongest Man Contest (2nd and 3rd place will become Yonkou)

- Fleet Admiral Contest (2nd and 3rd place will become Admirals)

- Worlds' Greatest Swordswielder

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Discussion Thread! Where we will talk of the game and engage in contests!
    Last edited by DVB; 28th May 2013 at 9:03 PM.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

World's Strongest Man Contest

The time is here comrades! For the first official contest of the RP! With Gol D. Roger executed by the marines, there is a void left! The world no longer has a strongest man and it is up to you to design him. As the RP's equivalent of Whitebeard, this character will obviously be VERY important in the plot. So let's get the ball rolling and start designing your characters!

Guidelines
    -Character must be over 40 at least.
    -Must have a connection with Gol D. Roger, either as rivals or old friends.
    -2nd and 3rd place votees will become Yonkou.

Entries
    Mendel “Faunus” Theophrastus- DVB
    Roman "Sweeper" Cadbury- kilowatt

Last edited by DVB; 29th May 2013 at 7:06 PM.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

Behold: My entry for the strongest man!

Spoiler:- Faunus:
    Last edited by DVB; 28th May 2013 at 9:04 PM.

Here's my entrant. While admittedly not the best candidate for "World's Strongest Man", I think he would still make a good Yonkou.

Name: “Sweeper” Roman Cadbury

Race: Human

Crew Position: Captain of the Minesweeper Pirates

Jolly Roger: A profile view of a skull with no lower jaw on a red background

Flagship: The Arsonist's Pride is an absolutely titanic warship with at least 16 designated bonfire areas.

Appearance: Sweeper is an unusually tall and muscular man, though not unnaturally so. His skin has a red tint to it, as does his hair. You wouldn't notice the latter, however, for he is completely bald. He has noticeably long fingernails and lacks pupils entirely. People say that this is all make up and not the result of his Devil Fruit. These people are probably right.

He is rarely seen out of a black suit with an abnormal number of pockets and buttons. He wears shiny black shoes and a black fedora to go with it.

Personality:
    Sweeper is a deceptively conflicted man. On the outside, he seems almost too stable and courteous to be a pirate. He rules over his crew fairly and with regard for them and their loved ones. He is an experienced diplomat and negotiator with a history of settling inter-crew disputes peacefully.
    He considers himself a patron of the finer things in life and tries to give the same to his crew. A strict pacifist, he finds a lot of problems that are much more difficult to solve without violence, thus allowing his crew to do it if need be.

He does, however, have problems. Most notably: He's kinda... nuts. Pyromania is especially prominent, but he shows signs of everything from OCD to ADD to Pathological Sadism. The numerous gratuitous nick-nacks on his costume are actually there so that he has something to fiddle with during meetings. The bonfire pits are there to keep him from setting the ship ablaze. He often finds himself at odds with his manic instincts and his better nature, trying to give his lunacy a constructive outlet (and not always succeeding). He hates using weapons, as he thinks he is too dangerous even without them.

History: Born to a pair of lovers on a pirate ship called the Zealous Jackson, a ship belonging to the Upchurch Pirates, a crew of no particular significance from before the execution of Gold Roger. From day one, young Roman Cadbury was more or less an afterthought in the violent and coarse crew. Mopping floors as a toddler, adjusting sails as a child and waiting in the final waves during raids as a teenager. Taught to value power and destruction, the boy spent his childhood longing for a way to cause as much destruction as possible.

At roughly age 16, the Upchurch Pirates sacked a small village in East Blue. Among the sparse amounts of gold and various crops, there was a curious iron chest. The contents were unknown, and the night was fast approaching, so the pirates called it a day and resolved to do open it tomorrow. Roman was curious though, and snuck out of his quarters that night to see the chest. With his trusty flintlock pistol, he shot off the lock. As the crew awoke, Rowan observed the contents. In the chest was a spiral-shaped orange fruit with a bright purple stem. As the captain rapped on the door, demanding to know what had happened, a thought shot through Roman's head. What if this was a Devil Fruit? Like the ones he had heard about from the drunk cook? It certainly fit appearance-wise. Without giving it another thought, he wolfed it down. Before opening the door, he thought a bit more about the consequences. What if the crew was angry at him? What if they wanted to give the fruit to someone more significant? He mulled over this as he opened and braced for Captain Upchurch's wrath. Strangely, it never came. It appeared that the captain didn't care who had eaten the fruit and was just glad to have that kind of power on his side to begin with. The next few weeks at sea were pleasant, as he was treated like a god by the crew. But then it came time to test his power...

The target in question was a large-ish port town in East Blue. For such an out-of-the-way place, it was rather bustling and populated. The ship appeared on the horizon and no one knew what to make of it. Then it raised the flag. Even no-names like Upchurch's goons were still a threat. They locked themselves inside. The ship docked and the crew dismounted, with Roman at the head. The crew backed away as roman began to burn. Within moments, the town was nothing but a flat land covered in ashes and burnt corpses. The crew was angry. Roman had destroyed all the loot! Roman, however, was traumatized. Hundreds of people dies agonizing, burning deaths because of him. He nearly threw up. That night, while the crew was camping amongst the ashes, Roman took a lifeboat from the ship and rowed out into the sea, torching the ship as he left and leaving the crew stranded.

He vowed to try to avert conflict whenever possible. He rowed for days on end before finally reaching his destination: the 16th Marine Branch near Cocoyashi Village. There, he chose to discreetly avoid the subject of his origin and focus on his skills. While there, however, he witnessed the execution of a petty criminal in an especially gory and brutal fashion. Disturbed by this, Roman didn't return. Instead, he began to seek out Gold Roger, hoping to join his crew and help to avert any unnecessary strife. You can tell that already, his grasp on reality was tenuous at best. After nearly five years of searching, he finaly found the Roger Pirates. Or more precisely, Silvers Rayleigh. Roman requested entrance, on the grounds that a negotiator would be useful for keeping enemy pirate crews at bay, if nothing else. Initially hesitant, Rayleigh eventually warmed up to the idea and allowed him entrance. From there, he became a semi-notable member for the crew's final year-and-a-half.

At Roger's execution, Roman was present, but turned to leave as the deed was about to be done. He then heard the captain's final words. He panicked. This would set off a new wave of rookies, hungry for power. Hungry for wealth. Hungry for death. From then on, Roman took on the alias “Sweeper”, a play on “Minesweeper”, as he wished to defuse the issues at hand and was, more or less, a living bomb. Through charisma and persuasion, the Sweeper pirates grew in number, into a veritable army. They rarely had skirmishes, usually finding themselves used as an intimidation tactic. Some, but not many wars were waged and Sweeper became a name that simultaneously enraged and confused the Marines, all the while trying to suppress the urge to let loose and just go postal. It's not like anyone could stop him.

Goal: Unite all pirates into a utopian society. (We mentioned that he's crazy, right?)

Devil Fruit: Pamu Pamu no Mi “Napalm-Napalm Fruit”
    A Logia Class fruit that allows Sweeper to transform into napalm. Not quite as viscous than magma and with much less control over fire than the user of the Mera Mera no Me, it is much more versatile, but also painful for it's victim's. Thus, Sweeper nearly never uses it.

Haki: Observation Haki, Armament Haki, Color of the Conquering King

Techniques: Similar to weapons, he fears having set techniques would make him far too dangerous in combat. Thus, he has none.
    Last edited by killowatt; 29th May 2013 at 4:30 AM.
    Hum-dee-dum... No one of significance, no sir...

also...

We also need to decide on a Jolly Roger and crew name or do you want me to decide that?

I was going to ask about both of those. The obvious choice for the crew name would be the Vendrix Pirates, but people might have other preferences. As for the Jolly Roger, I was thinking something like a skull covered in slime. May I assume the slime is green?
    Hum-dee-dum... No one of significance, no sir...

also...

I was thinking maybe the Miracle Pirates. I even have a Jolly Roger design!

[img]http://i49.*******.com/5fmzxi.png[/img]

Interesting Jolly Roger design. I wonder what those symbols around the skull mean... if they mean anything. Miracle Pirates sounds kind of a bland name to me... then again, so does the Straw Hat Pirates if you think about it. I can't think of a better name myself though...

Oh, and I just got a wicked idea for the Strongest Man contest. It'll take a few days before I have time to write it though.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

So bad guys will be a contest to?

Like Admirals or what else do you mean? Come on guys! Start submitting stuff!

Please excuse my absence. It took me a lot longer to make this signup than I thought! But here's my entry for Strongest Man... and who said it absolutely has to be a man?

Spoiler:- Saruna and the Lavender Seashell Pirates:
    Last edited by Kiruria; 11th June 2013 at 4:39 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Interesting Jolly Roger design. I wonder what those symbols around the skull mean...
    Taoism....

I noticed tht most of our characters would be 2o when Roger died (30 in mine's age). Might want to boost them a tad. We need one more entry!

yeah,like warlords and Admirals

Oh really? Roger's execution was that long ago? I was under the impression it was just a few years ago or something. 20 years is a long time; surely someone would've discovered his treasure by then...

Also, Ace, a lot of information about the One Piece universe can be found on the wiki for it. Here is their page on haki, for instance. (I think Jan would definitely have the potential to use Observation Haki at least, it'd be appropriate seeing as he's our spy. All haki require training to master, though, so it'll be a while before some of the characters can use it.) I found the wiki very helpful myself as I was preparing my signup, as I'm not very familiar with One Piece either, having only seen the first ten or so episodes of it. So I knew practically nothing about Skypiea (the sky island where my character is from) at first either.

Also, speaking of Jan, I notice he's not listed as part of the crew in this thread, nor in the signup thread. (Hilariously appropriate, he's just stealthily lurking around on the ship I guess.) He was accepted, wasn't he?
    Last edited by Kiruria; 11th June 2013 at 6:05 AM.

i know some things about Haki now~ just a tiny bit. Also,it would be cool if Jan had that Haki

I was accepted~

Come on, we need one more submission and lets make it a good one.