Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I alone in not liking shiny pokemon?

I like to have shiny versions of Pokemon on a case by case basis. If it is a Pokemon I like and their shiny version has an interesting color scheme, like Porygon, Cacnea, or Moltres, I will go out of my way to try and attain it. I still don't have Moltres yet, but that's beside the point. :P

Unlike some shiny hunters, I do not take much fun from the hunt. I find long shiny hunts to be monotonous and dull, and the only way I hunt usually is the Masuda Method.

Really, I just like to have palette swaps once in a while to distinguish one Pokemon from another of the same species. I'll be using just about all of my shinies in my Black 2 and White 2 playthroughs, and depending on how transferring into Gen VI works, I might breed some new ones to use on there too.

You're not wrong for disliking shiny Pokemon. It all comes down to an individual's personal taste.
    Last edited by ZombifiedHorror1031; 21st January 2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

I'm a fan of Shiny Pokémon, but I have met other people who have the same views on them as you.

3DS: Ralph - 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I just absolutely love that moment when you find a wild Pokemon and it turns out to be shiny.

Eh. I think they are pretty cool when you just stumble upon them. I feel like shiny pokemon are not as cool/special anymore because people hack for them so often. It's not uncommon to find someone with a team of 6 shiny pokemon.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

I find a lot of the shinies ugly or just plain, especially Garchomp. But that doesn't mean there aren't a few exceptions, I.E. Rayquaza, Flygon, Charizard, etc.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

I've never been interested in 'hunting' for them, but it's a nice surprise to get one. :)

I don't care much if I like shinies, to some pokemon I like shiny more and to other normal.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I like shinies, but I don't think hunting/breeding for them is really worth my time, so I prefer to use the Pokémon with their regular color or use some sort of code to make them shiny.
    ^This. As far as using codes, I've done it a few times, but there aren't that many shinies that attract me enough to hack constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by VaironGod View Post
    I just absolutely love that moment when you find a wild Pokemon and it turns out to be shiny.
    Happened to me 4 times total, a Rattata (on LeafGreen, I lost it when I erased the game file) a Quagsire (On Pearl, I think), a Geodude (on Diamond) and a Seviper (On White). I've tried a few hunts, but I get bored and give up everytime. I don't love shinies enough for that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Pokemon Y

It's all opinion. I personally like to hunt for shinies when I have nothing better to do in Pokemon.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Caterpie/Ralts/Dunsparce "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

Personally, I like shinies. Its the rarity. Plus the excitement when one pops up is great. My little brother was recently training a Pokemon I gave him, and a shiny boldore popped up. He was so excited. I went out training some Pokemon I hatched, and went to that cave with all the Roggenrola, and I found a shiny one of them.
    I like certain shinies. Like Mudkip or Totodile lines, in pretty sure almost everyone likes shiny Charizard. But like Pidgey, I like the normal better.
    Just some Pokemon are better visual wise in shiny form or normal form
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

I love shinies, always breed some even if they look the same color as original.
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

If I run in to one, I'll try to catch it. It I don't, no biggie. I don't really mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123