Thread: best dragon pokemon???

Default best dragon pokemon???

out of-
    dragonite
    salamence
    garchomp
    flygon
    kingdra

post which one you think is the best dragon pokemon and why. i think dragonite might be the best, since its hard to defeat and has high attack

Salamence. He's always been the top Aerial combat Dragon in my team and his Dragon Claw and Draco Meteor conquers all trainers and sends them to defeat. Salamence is just my right hand man in Platinum .
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Despite I prefer garchomp as favorite dragon, my best fighter is dragonite. It simply can learn almost any attack and, despite its killer weak point (one ice beam and bye bye), a good dragonite with the right attacks can fight almost single handed against a whole team.

No Dragon type is the best as they all have advantages over each other (except maybe flygon) but if you picked one, Garchomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep Freak View Post
    No Dragon type is the best as they all have advantages over each other (except maybe flygon) but if you picked one, Garchomp.
    This. No one can really say that one Dragon is better than all of the others, as they all have their own niches that make them special.

Dragonite is set apart for being very bulky. Now, I know that Garchomp has very comparable bulk, but Dragonite does have Roost. Dragonite can capitalize on this bulk with its number of support options, such as Thunder Wave and Heal Bell. Dragonite also has a more impressive movepool than the other Dragons for the most part, with moves like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, which few or none of the other Dragons have access to. He also has a powerful Fighting move (Superpower) to compliment his Dragon STAB, and powerful priority in Extremespeed.

Salamence is a top notch wall breaker, the best wall breaker of these Dragons as a matter of fact. It has amazing Base 135 Atk and 110 SpA stats, as well as a great Base 100 Spe. It has plenty of powerful moves, and Intimidate to help it survive longer. It is also the most impressive Dragon Dancer of the group, although Kindgra does rival it in the Rain.

Garchomp is a deadly physical sweeper, and is more effective at this than the others. It has a strong Base 130 Atk stat, but really makes it special is those extra 2 stat points in Spe, putting is at Base 102. This allows it to outpace the many Base 100s and lower and take them out. It has access to Swords Dance, which is unique amounst the Dragons. It also has two great STABs, Dragon and Ground, shared only by Flygon. As I mentioned before, Garchomp does have some impressive bulk, with physical bulk rivaling even that of Swampert. Slap on a Yache or Haban Berry, and this is one tough sucker to kill. And don't even get me started on Sand Veil and Sandstorm.

Kingdra is an even more impressive weather abuser than even Garchomp with Swift Swim. Once Rain is up, Kingdra is nearly unbeatable in speed. Kingdra also had arguably the best typing of the Dragons, giving it only one weakness (Dragon) and STABs resisted only by Empoleon and Shedinja. Kingdra has decent stats all across the board, great STABs, and even Dragon Dance to boost its power. It also can use its fairly strong bulk to use the notorious ChestoRest set to nab plenty of Dragon Dances, after which it happily sweeps your team.

Flygon may look badly outclassed by Garchomp, but it does have one niche that sets it apart: scout. Flygon has U-Turn to allow it to scout for the opponent's counters, and then it can come back later to revenge kill and possibly sweep. Flygon's excellent STABs allow it to do plenty of damage, and it does have a few moves that most of the other Dragons don't have, such as Thunderpunch.

Sorry about the big rant, but each Dragon does have its own abilities that make it different, so saying one is better than the others really isn't right. Now, as far as my personal favorite, I'd just have to say Dragonite. That's partially because I'm a big Dragonite fan, but also because I love how impressive his movepool is, and the fact that he is the only Dragon to get useful priority.

Kingdra is the best, it has 1 weakness and x4 resistance to water & Fire. Has even stats and an okay set of moves, plus it looks coolest.
    Signature deleted for taunting staff.

- Keep this sh-t up Boss, see what happens.
    Quote by Ethan

You should have talked to me about the sig if the light bondage offended you so much, lack of communication often leads to this, so remember that online citizens who don't like sexy stuff (with women in it anyways).

Dragonite. No other dragon can beat the first fully evolved dragon and the first pseudo legendary.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'd have to say dragonite. As good as salamence is, dragonite has over all good stats, and good HP.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

Garchomp Because in sand its crazy.

my favorite and in my opinion can do most damge would have to be kingdra cause i destroy with him. :P
    i will use these in wfi so beware!!! adding more as we speak.

id say salamence cause mine has gotten me out of tight battles *cough against a cress with 6 calm minds cough*

I guess Garchomp, but I like using Gabite better just because it's so awesome.
    My signature contains five words.

I'd say either Nite or Kingdra.

Played Every Region. Beat Every Region. Wailord.

to me garchomp is the best dragon type because in a battle it could defeate all other dragons
    Look at sky,its so far away. But right here, right now it seems so close
    -kazu

Storm king

SoulSilverfc:133454306551
    White fc:1979 3798 5481

My Dragonite, Kingdra, and Altaria destroy
    Dragonite: moveset

Rock Slide (curse you ice)
    Earthquake (curse you rock)
    Fly
    Draco Meteor

Kindra: moveset

Waterfall
    Hydro pump
    Blizzard
    Flash Cannon

Altaria: Moveset

Fire Blast
    Draco Meteor
    Fly
    Dragon Dance
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

Of all those you listed, of course Garchomp is the best dragon. But this is a 3rd gen pokemon discussion, and Garchomp didn't even exist in 3rd gen. Lol.
    I'm tired of signatures...

Dragonite, I love my dragonite We beat many garchomp together, all other dragons for that matter...

Rarely on here from now on so PMs and VMs will get very late replies, the only site I will be on is my forum (click the banner to visit) which I am on every day.
    The free zorua are still available. I won't battle anyone I don't know so don't ask!

My main FC's are:
    Charly (B):5114 2825 8300 - Japanese pokemon & Zorua trades only.
    Charly (SS): 4942 3334 2812 - Everything 4th gen
    Buffy (W):2666 1316 2030 - Everything 5th gen

Dragonite is the best. Good stats and a great DW ability. I'm totally biased, in case you haven't noticed.

Dragonite. Always the first classic dragon!

Im going with Dragonite and Flygon. Just because theyre kewl!
    (。◕‿‿◕。) I love Pikachu! XD

My Soulsilver Team:
    Luna, Ciale, Nature, Majesty, Rainbow and Kaila

FEAR US!!!!!!!!

Salamence although I love all of them.

garchomp is 2 fast it would wipe out a dragonite before dragonite even has a chance
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Dragons: I love them all, but Garchomp is currently my favourite.
    However, my favourite pre-4th Gen Dragon would be Salamence. I also really like Flygon.

Kingdra of courseWith either sp attack or regular attack he could pull off well, he does not have 4x weakness, he can ice beam oher dragons down easily, he is super fast with swift swim in the rain.
    Garchomp is an uber, so of course he is best stat wise, but Kingdra has a nice movepool that could defeat garchomp without oo much hassle (just gotta watch out for outrage)
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/t9a1b7.jpg[/IMG]
    HG friend code : 4340 7324 1742
    Black Friend code : 1635 3818 5907

Salamance is my favorite!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast