Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Annoying Pokemon you have ever faced

Default Most Annoying Pokemon you have ever faced

Ever heard of a strategy that has been said to be a gimmick, but have discovered that if you don't have the right Pokemon for it, it can be incredibly difficult to get past? This is what I have faced countless times on random matchup. Since there's no restrictions, like evasion and sleep clause, people take advantage of it, and use incredibly annoying Pokemon. The biggest example of this I have ever faced is a Prankster Liepard with Substitute, Assist, Swagger, and Foul Play, and it held leftovers. On the first turn, it used assist, and the random move it chose was Spore. it then set up substitute, and kept using Swagger, then used Foul Play to wear my Pokemon down. When my Pokemon woke up and used a move to break the Sub, it would use assist again. At this point, I was thinking the the other two Pokemon he chose must only know Spore. I lost that match due to that strategy.

So what Pokemon have you faced that annoyed the heck out of you?
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

I personally don't consider that a strategy due to the fact that this person would have to rely on the chance of assist turning into spore.

The 4 most annoying pokemons I've ever faced, in order, were the Paraflinch Togekiss, Poison Heal Gliscor and Ninetales (female, using attract, confuse ray, toxic, flamethrower; my entire team was male) and that goddamn healer blissey.

Concearning the tactics, the most annoying tactic is the constant switch-ins that are "mandatory" for competitive battles...

Who am I now?

Probably the most annoying strategy I've ever faced is using quick claw. Just because its so random, and kinda painful to watch your pokemon get raped because they get that turn where they move first

Rapidash with max'd attack and Gyradoes with Rest. Hated that person. xD
    ~Working on getting a sig~

And on that topic, has anyone ever faced a Poison Heal Breloom with Substitute, Spore, Low Sweep, and another move (usually Bullet Seed)? It's an annoying tactic where the idea is to use Spore on a Pokemon that is slower than you. Once the opposing Pokemon is asleep, Breloom uses Substitute. Then it repeatedly spam Low Sweep, so it can slow down anything that switches in so it can use spore on it. I can see why this tactic wouldn't be used in standard OU (due to Sleep Clause), but it is incredibly annoying where these is not a sleep clause.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post
    And on that topic, has anyone ever faced a Poison Heal Breloom with Substitute, Spore, Low Sweep, and another move (usually Bullet Seed)? It's an annoying tactic where the idea is to use Spore on a Pokemon that is slower than you. Once the opposing Pokemon is asleep, Breloom uses Substitute. Then it repeatedly spam Low Sweep, so it can slow down anything that switches in so it can use spore on it. I can see why this tactic wouldn't be used in standard OU (due to Sleep Clause), but it is incredibly annoying where these is not a sleep clause.
    Sleep Clause is standard competitively, maybe in VGC, but in VGC you have two opponents to deal with. Not to mention Ghosts come in for free, and Espeon STILL rapes you.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

There are sooooo many annoying Pokemon... I just don't know where to start! But if I had to choose just one I'll have to say Cresselia... It's defensive stats are ridiculously high!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Iron Head Jirachi. After you become paralyzed, you lose a Pokemon for sure. You just can't attack. Also Mienshao and Ambipom in UU are so deadly, that their Fake Out + U-Turn cripple everything, plus the former regenerates health and the latter gets STAB and technician boost

Sableye is just so annoying. Especially if it also knows Confuse Ray and Will-o-Wisp. With confuse ray then my fire-type Pokemon won't be an easy counter to Sableye.

Terrakion. No matter how fast my team may be, it likes abusing the scarf of speed.

The other, uggghhhh. gliscor. But most of all, SCIZOR!
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I don't like battling against Pokemon whose Defense, Special Def, and HP are TOO HIGH.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Minimize Blissey. She's always been annoying to deal with in VGC battles, especially when it has its defenses boosted with the help of Guard Split Shuckle. At least she isn't much of a problem at the actual VGC events anymore thanks to the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Minimize Blissey. She's always been annoying to deal with in VGC battles, especially when it has its defenses boosted with the help of Guard Split Shuckle. At least she isn't much of a problem at the actual VGC events anymore thanks to the timer.
    Chansey would be more annoying and try using Taunt. Speaking of which, all of the problems I would list can easily be dealt with that move so it's more my problem than the foe being annoying.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Competitively? Sableye. In-game? Anything that spams Minimize. Ugh.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

The top 3 of most annoying pokemon I have faced would be:

3: Prankster Liepard with encore, swagger, substitute and foul play. It works the same as the one mentioned in the first post, but switches in on a setup move such as swords dance, then prankster encores it and then beat with sub, swagger and foul play. I was not pleased when my opponent used that once. Not that common though.

2: Pink blobs. I absolutely hate them, just when you are starting a life orb sheer force landorus sweep and then one of these things shows up. Even focus blasts can't handle them. I guess I shouldn't name this one because I use a Blissey myself, but I always hate to face them.

1: The first place is of course reserved for the master of annoyance, named Sableye. Prankster Will-o-Wisp always ruins sweeps, priority recover doesn't help either, and neither does Taunt. Everytime I see a Sableye in the team preview, I know I'm gonna have a bad time. Just......ugh.

Other notable mon I hate with a passion (competitively only, of course) are Espeon/Xatu, Togekiss, Jirachi and Ninjask.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

1) Sableye-Prankster. Does anything else need to be said?

2) Jirachi-Oh boy isnt constant flinching and paralysis just so fun? No. No its frickin not.

3) Ditto-Bane of all stat boosters.

4) Breloom-Yeah I kinda detest Breloom too Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż Spore is just irritating..

5) Toxicroak-Sub/Bulk Up is irritating as well in the rain..
        Spoiler:- Credits:

gliscor...
    for some reason i can never use it well, but any other person
    invincible Gliscor... D:
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

THIS:
    My B/W friend code: 2322 9616 4155

Quote Originally Posted by AJ34 View Post
    THIS:
    "The foe's XXXXX used Taunt! Audino can't use Entrainment after the Taunt!"

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Also, you can't use Mimic and the attack mimic'd in the same turn.

I find most legendaries annoying, especially Latios. To me using them has always seemed kind of cheap.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

The most annoying Pokemon i fased in random matchup must be a Breloom which seemed to have no fighting move.
    It kept going with seed bomb against my Mamoswine. When it woke up he would just spam spore. It took ages to take down for some reason so i forfeited the match in annoyance (Forfeit, not turn off the DS, thats for REAL cowards lol)

Most annoying in super sub was a Dusknoir with

Toxic
    Will-o-wisp
    Double team
    Protect

Needless to say, the darn thing spammed double team like there's no tomorrow.
    Poisoned or burned my Pokemon and protect spam after that.

Must be the most annoying Pokemon i ever faced in game.
    And i realy don't get why gamefreak would add such a gimmicky Pokemon to the battle subway
    Pokemon Y team :

[CENTER]
    ^^^^^^managed to finally hatch a shiny 5V Protean Froakie! Also bred 5V shiny Cleffa (up for trade)^^^^^^^

FC 3DS : 4553-9947-3131

Quote Originally Posted by King91 View Post
    I find most legendaries annoying, especially Latios. To me using them has always seemed kind of cheap.
    Your logic is groundless and flawed. Let's take a look at Phione.

80/80/80/80/80/80. Mediocre abilities. Only notable move is Tail Glow, which it can't even Baton Pass.

Let's take a look at Regigigas.

Amazing stats, 110/160/110/85/110/100 I believe. Terrible ability that leaves it as nothing but setup bait.

Let's take a look at Articuno.

Decent stats, absolutely awful typing that causes it to lose 50% of it's HP when it switches into Stealth Rock.

I'm getting a bit sick of all the legendary hate. Competitively, legendary status means NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.

SlowMoongus can be a bane in some of my battles due to their great synergy. Stallporeon falls in one of my pet peeves alongside. Plus dem entry hazards.

@Divine Retribution well said.

moody abusers on random battle. i got lucky and knocked him out before he could spam moody. and it was literally forever before i finally one shotted him. if only i had no guard machamp then....
    I am a proud christian.

(eating sandwhich) THIS IS DELICIOUS!

3ds fc-2595-0049-4886

black 2 fc- 1035-0063-4268
    black fc-4213 3080 3415
    ssbb fc-3526-1218-4292

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast