Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Annoying Pokemon you have ever faced

Coballion (RU, maybe UU) - Shares Lucario's typing, I'm pretty sure that it gets outclassed by it.
    Eh...not really. Lucario is much more offensive while Coballion is much more defensive and gets Volt Switch, so the second has a niche as a defensive volt turner.
    In short: Pokemon, in order to get banned from OU, need to be either overcentralizing (ie. Genesect, Sand Veil Garchomp) or just plain broken (ie. Mewtwo, Speed Boost Blaziken) in the metagame, not just based on their 'legendary' status or stats.
    Exactly. When the game creator makes a legendary, they just give it higher then average stats. Typing and moves don't matter at all to them.

In game, stats may be enough, but competitively, it's about how well they get the job done. Even Latios, who has good typing and stats doesn't get any moves like Fire Blast, so it's often at the mercy of steel types.

Zubat. First step in that cave BAM TRILLIONS ARE AROUND YYOU D:

A Roserade on the GBU. I was using a Toxicroak in Rain w/ Black Sludge (this was before Ice Punch was legal with Drain Punch), and faced off against a Leech Seed / Ingrain / Giga Drain / Black Sludge Roserade. Basically, because of Dry Skin, Black Sludge and Drain Punch, it couldn't do enough to my Toxicroak to prevent it from fully healing, but from the Black Sludge, Ingrain, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain recovery, it healed off all the damage Toxicroak did to it with Drain Punch. Finally, it ended up PP stalling me out of Drain Punch, and eventually killed Toxicroak, but the whole thing took nearly twenty minutes.

One of the most annoying Pokemon I had ever faced was Curse-breon. Its curse and Payback, even the heals were very annoying and it swept my team, even Gyarados and Milotic.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Anything that spams Double Team....*cough* Cynthia's Spiritomb *cough*

I find Paraflinch Jirachi to be the most annoying. It's ability makes it hell on earth for it's opponent. Once it gets you para'ed by Body Slam, it can flinch you to death with it's 60% chance to flinch you with Iron Head. Now it is faster and it can just keep flinching you. Plus you are paralyzed so if it doesn't flinch, theres a good chance you will be parahaxed as well. I wouldn't say it's OP considering that an EQ from a faster Poke will do the trick, but it's annoying to see.

Whimsicott with leech seed, protect and substitude. Unless i KO it, it sets up leech seed amd spams protect and substitude. Between leech seed and lefties, it actually GAINS HP from me. I could switch out, but it also had cotton spore so...

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Whimsicott with leech seed, protect and substitude. Unless i KO it, it sets up leech seed amd spams protect and substitude. Between leech seed and lefties, it actually GAINS HP from me. I could switch out, but it also had cotton spore so...
    The one I face always has tailwind and stun spore. But four of the most annoying pokémon is paraflinch jirachi, trick room cresselia, terrakion, and ferrothorn

Pokémon X (3DS) FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Type Grass: Petilil, Pansage, Gogoat

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)
        Spoiler:- Badges:

I have developed a burning hatred/fear of Breloom after one utterly dismantled my rotation team on wifi.

Durant + Shadow Tag Gothitelle

I knew that it was coming, and it still swept my team. >_> If the burn from Scald hadn't finished off what little health Durant had left, I could've won that battle.

I just fought an annoying Skarmory, it held the Red Card.

Spikes and Rocks were set up already, I attacked, got Red Carded out, into a Whirlwind, that much damage in one turn can actually KO a pokemon if the right ones get forced out.
    Sig Strike #4.
    The image is too large (over 420 x 600 pixels). Entire signature has been removed, and a 2-week ban is given.

During my play at NU, I find a pokemon so annoying like no other. That is Absol with sucker punch and Speed boost Combusken.

But seriously guys, why the heck did Absol and Cinccino went to RU? did those 2 overcentralize the NU tier? Last time I found them on NU. Now they're RU? I guess they really did get promoted
    Current Chapter: 27: Tethered Together

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    During my play at NU, I find a pokemon so annoying like no other. That is Absol with sucker punch and Speed boost Combusken.

But seriously guys, why the heck did Absol and Cinccino went to RU? did those 2 overcentralize the NU tier? Last time I found them on NU. Now they're RU? I guess they really did get promoted
    Speed Boost Combusken? How is it annoying o_O It's easily revenge-killable.

Absol and Cinccino went up to RU due to over-usage. NU and RU tier shift happens a lot. Emboar got spammed to RU, I think. At least it's better than Metang.... Absol was spammed to deal with Musharna. But alas, the Absol user backstabbed themselves when they used it so much that the tier had to lose one of its best Musharna counters.

Eh, ever tried battling Hydration Vaporeon in Rain and Harvest Exeggcutor in Sun? Man... I was so pissed.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

^Hydration vaporeon is incredibly annoying, I can definitely agree with you on that

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Eh, ever tried battling Hydration Vaporeon in Rain and Harvest Exeggcutor in Sun? Man... I was so pissed.
    Ughh... forgot about those. They were horrible to fight. Fortunately, both of them are setup fodder. Once my Weavile set up, both of them were history and I have even swept the foe's team with it thanks to setting up on them.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Aron @ Shell Bell (Lv1)
    Sturdy
    -Endeavor
    -Roar
    -Toxic
    -Protect

People who run this or gimmicks like this... Ran into this in a triple battle. I also died to the terrakion/sneasle gimmick once. Learned how to counter these, but they are still sooooo lame especially in triples.

I tend to have very unpleasant encounters with Umbreon. Its bulk makes it very difficult to face. I think the worst time was when I ran into one using Mean Look, Toxic, and Protect.

Quote Originally Posted by hayatex View Post
    Aron @ Shell Bell (Lv1)
    Sturdy
    -Endeavor
    -Roar
    -Toxic
    -Protect

People who run this or gimmicks like this... Ran into this in a triple battle. I also died to the terrakion/sneasle gimmick once. Learned how to counter these, but they are still sooooo lame especially in triples.
    It's the worst with sandstorm

Quote Originally Posted by SparklingSapphire View Post
    I tend to have very unpleasant encounters with Umbreon. Its bulk makes it very difficult to face. I think the worst time was when I ran into one using Mean Look, Toxic, and Protect.
    Luckily any steel type ever walls that wall

Jirachi... I never know what set it'll use and when it's normally the CM set, I never have the right Pokemon to defeat
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Ughh... forgot about those. They were horrible to fight. Fortunately, both of them are setup fodder. Once my Weavile set up, both of them were history and I have even swept the foe's team with it thanks to setting up on them.
    Vaporeon in the rain was a set up fodder for Weavile?

That seems pretty risky to me....Scald has a pretty high chance to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Burn? High? I wish that were the case for me. Scald only burns when I don't care either way
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Vaporeon in the rain was a set up fodder for Weavile?

I also gave it a Lum Berry to deal with status abusers, because it seemed to keep getting statused. Needless to say, it also came in handy against Scald abusers (I'm looking at you, Jellicent!). However, there would be trouble if Scald ended up burning twice (which has a 9% chance of happening, which is about the same as Ice Beam freezing one of my pokemon). I can't remember wherever a +2 Adamant non-LO Night Slash OHKOed or not Just calculated, it does 99-116% on 252 HP/0 Def +/-Def nature Vaporeon and 72-84% on the same Vaporeon with 252 EVs Def.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

The most annoying pokemon I've ever faced? Well..there is a list...but the most annoying is probably...Paraflinch Jirachi. It spams Thunder Wave, then spams Iron Head. Very annoying.
    Credit to the amazing Skarm!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    The most annoying pokemon I've ever faced? Well..there is a list...but the most annoying is probably...Paraflinch Jirachi. It spams Thunder Wave, then spams Iron Head. Very annoying.
    Or it's annoying but easier to kill variant Togekiss...

I use to have a friend who was an enormous troll. Thing is, he was extremely clever. He would come up with (and I imagine he still does this) the most unthinkable, insane, annoying and effective way to do well in competitive play. The most annoying thing he's ever made me face would have to be the following Smeargle:
    Smeargle @ focus sash
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: None
    Nature: Brave
    -Trick Room
    -Dragon Rage
    -Endeavor
    -Spore

You know the strategy. First use Trick Room, while receiving an attack and dropping to 1 HP in the meantime. Then use spore to incapacitate the enemy, followed by endeavor and dragon rage, which in that order kills the opposing pokemon. He wiped out half my team, so of course I couldn't mount a comeback.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast