Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Annoying Pokemon you have ever faced

Lum Berry Rayquaza. I know that this dragon I always envy lives to abuse Choice Band/scarf. But to have Lum berry ... that's just an insulting salt to my wounds. Yeah, y jirachi never find it fun in Ubers... Sigh. That B****.

Gligar in UU. I never even get to KO one by myself even if I have Ice moves, no thanks to eviolite.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Well the most annoying pokemon i ever faced are usually the pokes that are more likely to be on some kind of weather team. Especially when i didn't use a weather team of my own xP then when i do i have to win the weather war which means even more prediction to keep my weather guy alive to their weather guy dies T_T But if i had to pick 1 poke it would be Blissey xP That thing takes forever to bring down because of its superior HP Stat. Which is why i always carry 1-2 physical pokemon tto counter one.

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Well the most annoying pokemon i ever faced are usually the pokes that are more likely to be on some kind of weather team. Especially when i didn't use a weather team of my own xP then when i do i have to win the weather war which means even more prediction to keep my weather guy alive to their weather guy dies T_T But if i had to pick 1 poke it would be Blissey xP That thing takes forever to bring down because of its superior HP Stat. Which is why i always carry 1-2 physical pokemon tto counter one.
    Yes I know, weather is so annoying, especially when combined with a stat condition like poison or burn. Mainly because I'm impatient and I hate waiting for it to say "The sun is shining" or "Pokemon X is damaged by the hail" every turn.

Therefore I hate facing Automatic weather pokemon like Hippowdon or Abomasnow.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/tahegy.png[/IMG]

The New Generation

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post
    Ever heard of a strategy that has been said to be a gimmick, but have discovered that if you don't have the right Pokemon for it, it can be incredibly difficult to get past? This is what I have faced countless times on random matchup. Since there's no restrictions, like evasion and sleep clause, people take advantage of it, and use incredibly annoying Pokemon. The biggest example of this I have ever faced is a Prankster Liepard with Substitute, Assist, Swagger, and Foul Play, and it held leftovers. On the first turn, it used assist, and the random move it chose was Spore. it then set up substitute, and kept using Swagger, then used Foul Play to wear my Pokemon down. When my Pokemon woke up and used a move to break the Sub, it would use assist again. At this point, I was thinking the the other two Pokemon he chose must only know Spore. I lost that match due to that strategy.

So what Pokemon have you faced that annoyed the heck out of you?
    This so very, very much.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnmetal View Post
    I personally don't consider that a strategy due to the fact that this person would have to rely on the chance of assist turning into spore.
    Actually no it's not luck based unfortunatly. The team members are 1). Smeargle with spore and trick/switcheroo and spore to punish leads with substitute/sleep healing berry. and 2). Ditto/ another pokmeon with moves assist won't use aside from spore. Basically this gives the cat priority spore and substitute and there is nothing you can do about it aside from insomnia and sleep talk.
    Like the old chinese say:
    Only Noctowl and hoothoot have better eyes
    for the dark than for the light

Yeah. Use a fast Fire-type to wreck Brelooms.
    At least i'm not a noob in Pokémon.

Ugh, Brelooms... I hate how successful they can be when facing my teams.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by darkerkyurem6 View Post
    Yeah. Use a fast Fire-type to wreck Brelooms.
    Or psychic, or flying, or ghost.

If it resist Mach Punch and has a relative amount of attacking power, it can check Breloom. But even with all those checks, Spore is still incredibly annoying.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Dry Skin Parasect in the rain partnered with a mon that is spamming Surf, and Parasect itself is spamming Leech Seed and Protect. ****'s annoying as ****.

Cloyster on random matchup. If I don't have the right pokemon in, it sets up shell smash and destroys everything.

A pokemon that heals excatly before he faints and does that like a million times.

A super annoying combination are Wobbuffet + Gothitelle, both with Shadow Tag. Wobbuffet uses Encore, most likely on a set up move, recovery move, hazard move, sub, etc. Gothitelle switches in, with 252 hp / 252 def, tricks Choice Scarf so even after the encore ends, that Pokemon is worthless. Gothitelle proceeds to get +6/6 Calm Mind, while being very bulky physically as well. Psyshock and HP Fighting round out the "ugh..." feeling with near flawless coverage attacking both physical and special and can't be walled by anything but Sableye and Spiritomb.

I will second Sableye/Liepard/Murkrow with Sub/Swagger/Roost/Recover/TWave/Foul Play etc as being super annoying as well. I faced a team with all Prankster users, and it wasn't fun.

^ That duo can't get past Tyranitar coupled with an U-turn user. Also, you said Gothitelle can't be walled by anything but Sableye and Spiritomb, well, there's also Quagsire. I rarely see Wobba, Gothitelle is somewhat more popular though.

Also, only noobs make teams with 6 Prankster users.

paraflinch Jirachi combined with a Dragonite that was almost like a parashuffle, but not. I could tell they put thought into how the two complimented each other defensively, but it was a pain in the *** to beat.

Total: 575 W/285 L

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Spoiler:- Examples of my work:

Quote Originally Posted by Rasati
    "Run away? We could have ran away at any time we wanted, but would we find true freedom if we ran away from our problems? We may succeed in a temporary escape, but unless we grasp true victory by fighting we'd live in constant fear that our freedom might be taken again. It's meaningless unless freedom is earned through winning battles."

I also hate Choice Band Metagross in Ubers: what thing can take a Meteor Mash if Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes are present? Giratina?

Tornadus-T can be a pain... those quick Hurricanes are brutal when you lose your only counter to them
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Except Tornadus-T has more than one counter. 110 special attack is low by uber standards. Now if you're playing on PO I get your point because Tornadus-T is still OU there. But in ubers, Tornadus-T sucks and is outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    I also hate Choice Band Metagross in Ubers: what thing can take a Meteor Mash if Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes are present? Giratina?
    Kyogre, Skarmory, several Arceus forms, Forretress, Dialga, Heatran, Zekrom, Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Giratina, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Reshiram, Manaphy, Lugia, Scizor, Palkia, Genesect, Excadrill, and Kingdra come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Except Tornadus-T has more than one counter. 110 special attack is low by uber standards. Now if you're playing on PO I get your point because Tornadus-T is still OU there. But in ubers, Tornadus-T sucks and is outclassed.
    Showdown's not cooperating with me, so yeah, back on PO. That confusion can be a problem though in Ubers...with my luck, my opponent always get's it.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Kyogre, Skarmory, several Arceus forms, Forretress, Dialga, Heatran, Zekrom, Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Giratina, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Reshiram, Manaphy, Lugia, Scizor, Palkia, Genesect, Excadrill, and Kingdra come to mind.
    Some of those can't take it well. Also, there's always the possibility of a +1 attack boost kicking in.

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 151-178 (44.15 - 52.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 151-178 (36.38 - 42.89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Reshiram: 138-163 (40.46 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 175-207 (42.06 - 49.75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 138-163 (41.69 - 49.24%) -- 84.38% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 144-170 (50.88 - 60.07%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 208-246 (51.35 - 60.74%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kingdra: 161-189 (55.32 - 64.94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I have to say it is Scizor on every random match up. Scizor utterly obliterates me with stab bullet punch and technician after swords dance. Politoed and Kingdra come to mind as well. It just spams muddy water while Politoed gives it rain support. When I try and use fake out, I always guess wrong and end up hitting the pokemon that gets switched.... It is ****ing annoying.

Tormentran is also incredibly annoying. Good luck taking this thing down if you don't have a Keldeo or something.

One of the most annoying things I've ever faced was Whimsicott, before I learned how to take the darned thing out before it stalled me to death every time.
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

I really, really, hate Calm Mind Latias. It's not THAT difficult to counter it, but, since I'm new at online battling, I'm usually not prepared to counter it. Specially Roost variants (there's some people that are not using Roost with CM)
    Not to mention when her comes with a Draco Meteor instead of 'Pulse. It annoys me SO much! I want to die sometimes when i face her '¬¬
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

CM Latias is easy to beat. Use a steel-type in the rain, Mamo or Weavile and she'll never destroy you. IMO CM Latios is more dangerous.

I can never get past that damned Keldeo! Next time.... be prepared Keldeo! Slowpoke's coming for you!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast