Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Annoying Pokemon you have ever faced

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Your logic is groundless and flawed. Let's take a look at Phione.

80/80/80/80/80/80. Mediocre abilities. Only notable move is Tail Glow, which it can't even Baton Pass.

Let's take a look at Regigigas.

Amazing stats, 110/160/110/85/110/100 I believe. Terrible ability that leaves it as nothing but setup bait.

Let's take a look at Articuno.

Decent stats, absolutely awful typing that causes it to lose 50% of it's HP when it switches into Stealth Rock.

I'm getting a bit sick of all the legendary hate. Competitively, legendary status means NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.
    No need to get butt hurt over it, I'm not judging anyone, thats just the way I'd feel about using them. Anyone is well within their rights to use what they want. Also note that I said MOST legendaries, not like I'm saying every single one is a hax beast, there is a solid few though that have quite clear advantages over normal pokemon.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

Quote Originally Posted by King91 View Post
    No need to get butt hurt over it, I'm not judging anyone, thats just the way I'd feel about using them. Anyone is well within their rights to use what they want. Also note that I said MOST legendaries, not like I'm saying every single one is a hax beast, there is a solid few though that have quite clear advantages over normal pokemon.
    He clearly wasn't "butt hurt" he was just stating facts, and echoing common sentiments about people crying about legendaries. Anyways, there is a few normal pokemon that have clear advantages over other normal pokemon, so, by that logic, using any pokemon that is good, is cheep.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Quote Originally Posted by floodz66 View Post
    He clearly wasn't "butt hurt" he was just stating facts, and echoing common sentiments about people crying about legendaries. Anyways, there is a few normal pokemon that have clear advantages over other normal pokemon, so, by that logic, using any pokemon that is good, is cheep.
    I'm clearly not crying over it, I answered purely what is my own opinion to the question asked by the OP. Like I said, I don't expect every other person to hold the same values as me, and I wouldn't judge anyones use of legendaries, yet everyone feels the need to jump on my comment. All I've basically said is I don't enjoy facing the likes of Latios etc, if anyones jimmies get rustled over that then maybe they feel quite cheap for using them deep down.

deviantART | Twitter

I'm clearly not crying over it, I answered purely what is my own opinion to the question asked by the OP. Like I said, I don't expect every other person to hold the same values as me, and I wouldn't judge anyones use of legendaries, yet everyone feels the need to jump on my comment. All I've basically said is I don't enjoy facing the likes of Latios etc, if anyones jimmies get rustled over that then maybe they feel quite cheap for using them deep down.
    Yeah, that could be it.

Or, hey, maybe we're just sick of people whining over it. I've got a Heatran, an Azelf, and a Smeargle on my primary team. The MVP is by far Smeargle. Legendary status, again, means nothing, and there's no reason to think down of people who use them.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

terrakion.

Once they get a sub up, one misprediction and that's it. You are toast.

Jirachi.

Competitively, legendary status means NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.
    Sigged.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Yeah, that could be it.

Or, hey, maybe we're just sick of people whining over it. I've got a Heatran, an Azelf, and a Smeargle on my primary team. The MVP is by far Smeargle. Legendary status, again, means nothing, and there's no reason to think down of people who use them.
    I won't reply to this thread again. I agree I generalised too much really, but it seems like no one even reads what I'm putting before replying to it.

deviantART | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by AJ34 View Post
    THIS:
    I can see so many wrong with this.

1. No one is stupid enough not to kill off Shedinja with a Fire, Rock, Flying, Ghost or Dark Move on the first turn. In fact they are common move types.
    2. Eelektross loses Levitate for Wonder Guard. It becomes weak to Ground moves. Magnet Rise lasts 5 turns only, survive those turns or use Gravity or Trick to give it an Iron Ball with a Prankster Sableye or something... Earthquake will completely kill it. Wonder Guard also doesn't block off Poisons, Burns and weather effects and can still be burned or poisoned so the slow way out works too. You could also use Mold Breaker before Shedinja gets the chance to use Entrainment with Earthquake to kill both or at least Shedinja off. (Common Oversight with Wonder Guard, since Mold Breaker ignores it. With Exadrill now available with it, I've seen it a lot of late)
    3. What Divine Retribution Said. Taunt will make it fail and many can use it who are faster then Audino can Entrain.
    4. If you're gonna entrainment someone with this matchup, you need Audino with Klutz. If you don't use this ability, you're actually giving your opponent Healer or Regenerator and use it for their benefit. since you don't want to lose Wonder Guard or Levitate. This wasn't thought about.

If anything, this would work better on pokemon like Electrode as they can Levitate before the opponent can hit him but again, Mold Breaker is a fatal weakness to Shedinja, and its weaknesses are actually very common move types in competitive battle.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 264/264 (266/269 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos and Pumpkaboo, Unsure if Blue or Yellow Symbiosis Floette exist as I've been hearing)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

1 word: cresellia
    black 2 fc: 2753-1852-9535
    dwfs i own:

Jirachi, jirachi, jirachi

besides the obviously most annoying pokemon in OU
    sub toxic tentacruel is becoming annoying to me, between the fact that someone willingly gives up protect, and the sub

Hmm,

Tbh i must agree with King91,
    Of course not all the legendaries are OP or annoying. But have you ever seen people use the mentioned Articuno, Regigas (lol no way that'll be used) or Phione? Nor have i ever seen : Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Mew or even Suicune in a random matchup battle. So talking about how useless some of these are is quite irrelevant. I have battled many people using Latios and Latias. So i understand why King91 mentioned that. They also are pretty annoying, because they are quite hard to take down with non-legendaries some times. Cresselia is also an annoying beasty, just healing up everytime it takes some damage. It can be pretty annoying on such a defensive Pokemon. Especially with Toxic stall.

Wobbuffet is, still one of the Poke's i fear most :O. Must be because i tend to sweep too much :P
    Pokemon Y team :

[CENTER]
    ^^^^^^managed to finally hatch a shiny 5V Protean Froakie! Also bred 5V shiny Cleffa (up for trade)^^^^^^^

FC 3DS : 4553-9947-3131

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    Hmm,

Tbh i must agree with King91,
    Of course not all the legendaries are OP or annoying. But have you ever seen people use the mentioned Articuno, Regigas (lol no way that'll be used) or Phione? Nor have i ever seen : Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Mew or even Suicune in a random matchup battle. So talking about how useless some of these are is quite irrelevant. I have battled many people using Latios and Latias. So i understand why King91 mentioned that. They also are pretty annoying, because they are quite hard to take down with non-legendaries some times. Cresselia is also an annoying beasty, just healing up everytime it takes some damage. It can be pretty annoying on such a defensive Pokemon. Especially with Toxic stall.

Wobbuffet is, still one of the Poke's i fear most :O. Must be because i tend to sweep too much :P
    thats because latios and latias are top tier pokemon in OU, in UU raikou and mew are champs, RU moltres is a huge threat. I think articuno is decent in NU idk tho.
    Honestly once you get good experience, you`ll see that legendaries are the same as any other pokemon, latios/ais is shut down by ttar, scizor revenges it, as does mamoswine, gengar beats it most of the time thanks to the speed drop for HP fire. Terrakion is useless against niche pokemon like golurk and nidoqueen, while gliscor and slowbro wall.
    I dont want to be mean, I just dont get why legendaries annoy you guys, i would rather fight latios then dragonite, or deal with weird stuff some people use like evolite electibuzz

hmm never faced an eviolite Electabuzz :P. I can see why it could be nasty to fight.
    I must say i never have problems taking down a Dragonite on random matchup.
    Almost all Poke's i use in there at least have ice beam, ice shard, or ice punch. Which can hurt Dragonite badly or 1HKO it, even with Multiscale.
    Latios and Latios will never be 1HKO'd with one of those moves. Just because it only hits for 2x damage instead of 4x. And their defenses and HP are way more troublesome. Of course fighting a Dragon dancing Dragonite is quite nasty. I didn't say those legendaries will always beat me, but the chances are quite high tbh :P. Still i'd like to fight a Latios/Latias over a Cloyster lead with shell smash any time lol.
    Pokemon Y team :

[CENTER]
    ^^^^^^managed to finally hatch a shiny 5V Protean Froakie! Also bred 5V shiny Cleffa (up for trade)^^^^^^^

FC 3DS : 4553-9947-3131

i think it was probably a venusaur in the battle subway.
    It knew: toxic, ingrain, giga drain and .......i cant remember exactly, but it raised hid defense.
    Once i was poisoned and seeded, he maxed out his defense the just kept draining me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Simple bibarel with double team, workup/curse, superpower, icebeam/thunderbolt , lefties,
    Pokemon Y
    ---------------------------------------------
    KB: Shinies: x2 ;702; ;691;

Proud owner of a UT/UC: 2003 - Repair Program Shiny Zigzagoon.

Flawless:
    Friend code Black 2 : 2151-6418-9614
    Friend code Y: 3239-2288-6738
    Time Zone - GMT+1

In NU, Liepard. Stupid *******

Ice Cold Fire

prankster is generally incredibly annoying because while it is a poor strategy to rely on priority confuse ray etc over several games, in the short term if you are unlucky then there is little you can do sometimes, same goes for no gaurd machamp's dynamicpunch

-Lead Machamp with focus sash.
    this duckface keep spamming Dynamic punch and my pokes keep hitting themselves in confusion. not much really safe to switch to it, considering the confusion hax.

-Prankster Liepard with Sub/Swagger/T-wave/Foulplay:
    I found a guy who was using this thing on OU and damn, this cat is a demon cat from hell, forget Sableye or Whimsicott because this cat is the ****. If you let this thing set up a sub, then its probably "GG" for you because your team will end up heavily crippled by it easily obliterated by a sweeper such as d-nite/r-polish lando/etc. in the end. (at least thats what happened to me lol)

Anything with sucker punch, and Latios is down. By the way... I can't stand Paraflinch Jirachi/Togekiss, Cresselia, Whimsicott, Amoongus, and Terrakion.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Choice scarf machamp. It isn't bad until it outspeeds what you thought would be a safe check... It's mostly annoying for it's surprise factor though

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Choice scarf machamp. It isn't bad until it outspeeds what you thought would be a safe check... It's mostly annoying for it's surprise factor though
    That should reach 343 speed with a jolly nature.

Sounds annoying to me, but only semi-viable. It's still slower then base 108 pokemon, like Terrakion, so it's not much of a revenge killer, really...though a speedy Dynamic Punch still sounds like lots of fun.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    That should reach 343 speed with a jolly nature.

Sounds annoying to me, but only semi-viable. It's still slower then base 108 pokemon, like Terrakion, so it's not much of a revenge killer, really...though a speedy Dynamic Punch still sounds like lots of fun.
    The team had a lot of base 70-100's if I remember right, so he kinda outsped most of my team and it wasn't fun

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Yeah, that could be it.

You guys didn't need to be so snappy. And like R2D2 stated, you didn't list legendaries that are commonly used. (Phione, really? : o ) If you take a quick look at stats, already the Lake trio, Jirachi, Lati@s, Cresselia, Heatran and the legendary trios of Unova overwhelm a majority of the non-legendary Pokemon. Basically each of them hold at least one stat that is 120+. Take a look at Jirachi, it has a base of 100 in each stat it the ability Serene Grace. Combo'd with a moveset you can find on the internet, it's already more powerful than most. Their movesets are incredibly broad with abilities that are at a high standard, and, well, they call them "legendaries" for a reason.
    Even when I was a kid, everyone said legendaries would be cheap to use in battle. It's just an obvious unfair advantage. They were built to be stronger.

There are still an amount of Pokemon that are on par with Legendaries such as T-tar, Hydreigon ,Salamence, Dragonite and, well, you know, it's just a majority of them are too powerful. And thus, in the subject of this thread, annoying to fight against. The most annoying thing about them for me though is the fact that I see them in almost every battle. :"3 Along with Politoed since it received Drizzle... sheesh. Every second battle; it's in it.

Or, hey. Maybe some people just wish for a larger variety in Pokemon used for competitive play....

I've never battled a Prankster Liepard. They sound brutal. xD

Not gonna lie, i am fairly new to the really competitive type play, and have been playing a lot of cheep styles myself. So far the most annoying pokemon i have faced was in a rotation battle, it was a Cinccino and it was fast, it had its friends do all the heavy lifting, and it would only be used to put my pokemons to sleep, i couldn't kill it for the life of me.

Now, i used a fairly good sand team then, now i am using a drizzle team, and not for the reason you think. I just got a Tornadus-T and i am building my team around him. He is my new favorite legendary, and i want to use him as much as i can. I was able to get all the pokemons i needed for my team fairly easy, and have been testing it out, at one point i went into random battles and used drizzle toad first and just stalled with my Tentacruel after i laid down two sets of toxic spikes, and when he switched out, i just let the toxic do its work. After i KOed his last pokemon, he disconnected. I was surprised he didn't disconnect sooner, even i have to admit, that was the most cheep play style i have seen in a while. But i wish he stayed, i could have used the rating, but i guess a 1700 player losing to someone with 1480 rating was not something he wanted to have reflected on his rating.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

The most annoying pokemon I faced on PO was Skarmory. That thing, if I didn't manage to catch it on surprise with a super effective attack, often ended up phasing half my team to death. Ferrothorn, if I didn't catch it on surprise with my Hydregion's Flamethrower, was also really annoying to deal with.

Ingame, it would have to be a tie between Shuckle and Blissey. Shuckle because it is a complete pain to fight between Power Split and it's huge defenses and Blissey because she walled most of my team while her teamates did all of the dirty work.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    You guys didn't need to be so snappy. And like R2D2 stated, you didn't list legendaries that are commonly used. (Phione, really? : o ) If you take a quick look at stats, already the Lake trio, Jirachi, Lati@s, Cresselia, Heatran and the legendary trios of Unova overwhelm a majority of the non-legendary Pokemon. Basically each of them hold at least one stat that is 120+. Take a look at Jirachi, it has a base of 100 in each stat it the ability Serene Grace. Combo'd with a moveset you can find on the internet, it's already more powerful than most. Their movesets are incredibly broad with abilities that are at a high standard, and, well, they call them "legendaries" for a reason.
    Even when I was a kid, everyone said legendaries would be cheap to use in battle. It's just an obvious unfair advantage. They were built to be stronger.

There are still an amount of Pokemon that are on par with Legendaries such as T-tar, Hydreigon ,Salamence, Dragonite and, well, you know, it's just a majority of them are too powerful. And thus, in the subject of this thread, annoying to fight against. The most annoying thing about them for me though is the fact that I see them in almost every battle. :"3 Along with Politoed since it received Drizzle... sheesh. Every second battle; it's in it.
    Of all of the legendaries you listed here; only Thundurus-I (possibly also Tornadus-T), Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem-W and Genesect ended up getting banned. All of the others are OU and below, therefore deemed to not be broken or below for various reasons:

This is just for a couple for said legendaries:
    • Coballion (RU, maybe UU) - Shares Lucario's typing, I'm pretty sure that it gets outclassed by it.
    • Jirachi (OU) - Any paraflinch strategy has problems with mons that are faster than it. Earthquake and Fire Blast/Flare Blitz are common in OU and both types get common pokemon that outspeed it, who can do serious damage. Fire, Water, Electric and Steel types generally resist Iron Head and Jirachi therefore needs to be lucky(ier) to get past them. It is also weak to Spikes, which limits it's ability to come in.

Base ~120 stats especially if it is in defenses or if it is a single stat, except in Speed, are not that impressive by OU's standards. Here are some reasons why (and some examples):
    • Weavile (I used this in OU) - It is in UU and has 120 Base Attack and 125 Base Speed stats which allows it to outspeed and hit a large portion of OU hard, especially at +2. However, it is really fragile and weak to priority.
    • Cresselia - It, despite being a legendary, is even lower than Weavile. It has 120/120/130 defenses, making it more bulky than Arceus, but it has a sub-par defensive typing and mediocre offensive stats. It pretty much requires Calm Mind to do any real damage and it attempting to set up in OU is pretty much asking for Scizor or Tyranitar to come in and murder it.
    • There are some exceptions to this, though. Slaking and Regigigas, with their monstrous Attack and good Speed stats, probably would be Ubers if it weren't for their abilities, Truant and Slow Start, which send them straight down to NU.
    • Additionally, the base stats of the legendaries that do get banned typically number at least 150 in at least one stat. Mewtwo, Lugia (possibly also Oh-Ho), Kyogre, Groundon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (both forms), Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem-W all have at least one 150 Base Stat.

In short: Pokemon, in order to get banned from OU, need to be either overcentralizing (ie. Genesect, Sand Veil Garchomp) or just plain broken (ie. Mewtwo, Speed Boost Blaziken) in the metagame, not just based on their 'legendary' status or stats.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast