Thread: RMT Little Cup: Simple Numel FTW!

Default RMT Little Cup: Simple Numel FTW!

Here's another RMT of mine. I haven't seen little cups rmt much lately, maybe it's because i've been hiding a rock or something, someone correct me. Anyways, this is my LC team, and I'm looking for suggestions and advice, so rate away~

Yeah, this is my LC, rate away~ Suggestions are appreciated.

Numel @ Life Orb
    Trait: Simple
    Level: 5
    EVs: 236 Spd / 240 SAtk / 32 Atk
    Modest Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Flame Charge
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

This little innocent looking camel is a complete beast. After a Flame Charge, it can outspeed the entire LC cup. Usually, it takes down a pokemon or two before they switch a water type into it. Anyways, Earth Power is for STAB, beats Chinochou and the rare other Numel. Fire Blast is the STAB of choice, and can usually wreck other pokemon, though i'm thinking of maybe switching to Flamethrower? Not sure. Hidden Power Grass beats water types that switch in, 2HKO Staryu, if there is a Hydro Pump miss that is.

Oh yeah, Numel has Simple, before anyone wrestles me on the entire LC cup thing.

Foongus @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Spore
    - Stun Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Clear Smog

I love this tiny little shroom, though it's kinda not been up to standards. However, it can often win me games when it's 1v1. The duo-spore combo catches any incoming sweepers off guard and they get paralyzed. Giga Drain is Foongus's main attack move, and nails Chinochou and Staryu. Clear Smog is for non-Zen Headbutt Scraggys that haven't got enough boosts yet to kill me. It is rather amusing to see the person raging due to their +2 DD turns completely wasted.

Regenerator is used here to get some free recovery upon switching, which is pretty neat and lengthens survivablity.

Doduo @ Life Orb
    Trait: Early Bird
    EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    - Work Up
    - Brave Bird
    - Return
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

Gotta love Work Up Doduo. This Doduo set is unique in a sense that it allows Doduo to defeat physically inclined walls with a HP (Ground). Anyways, Work Up is the crux of this set. After getting a +2 boost, it can kill off another one or two pokemon before dying from recoil. Brave Bird is the main STAB, and is the usual reason why Doduo dies. Return is for STAB and sort of filler, and it's kewl jelly.

EVs and Nature are pretty self-explanatory, hit hard from both spectrums.

Scraggy @ Eviolite
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd / 36 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Zen Headbutt

When I restarted LC once more (my last LC team was complete garbage), I have found love in Moxie DD Scraggy. After snagging 2 DD boost, it goes on to kill off everything, stacking up attack from Moxie. Drain Punch is to lengthen survivability. Crunch nails Staryu nicely, psychic type nicely (assuming they don't kill me on sight), and Zen Headbutt beats fighting types.

Despite me loving Moxie, I'm wondering if I should switch to Shed Skin as Thunder Waves are especially annoying.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 232 SAtk / 224 Spd / 52 Def
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Heal Bell

Chinchou here functions as a bulky attacker. Pretty much a pretty Ferroseed, Heal Bell for healing. The main difference is Water Absorb > Volt Absorb, almost everyone in LC knows most chinchou run Volt Absorb, so it is pretty nice to catch a few hp when I switch into Staryu.

Other than that, this screams standard.

Drilbur @ Life Orb
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 236 Atk / 236 SDef / 36 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

Drillbur is the spinner for this team. Other than functioning as a spinner, it can also serve as an attacker and a rocker. Mold Breaker makes it a relaly good rocker, since it ignores Magic Bounce Natu (I think that's pretty rare though), anyways, Earthquake hits everything except flying types thanks to Mold Breaker, while Rock Slide hits flying type. I think no flying types resist Rock type in NU, though I have to scratch my head for that one. Stealth Rock is the beef to nail flying types and fire types, as well as deal with the ever annoying i-switch-out-and-out-and-out-and-out stuff. Rapid spin, nuff said.

Also, I'm not the most worried about spin blockers, as Earthquake can take care of misdreavous and drifloon is beaten by rock slide.

Anyways, team done. Thanks! Please rate!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I'm thinking ChestoRest on Scraggy and taking ZH for Rest, idk though as you lose the bulk but if you really want to keep Moxie and Twaves are that annoying then that's an option.