Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endgame - An OU Smashpass team

A reciever that isn't weak to Scizor's BP would be nice, like a Landorus-T with standard moves + HP Ice. As it is, CB Scizor gives you problems with receivers getting -Def boosts. Rachi is your only check to it and with prediction using U-Turns, it'll go down soon. Can't really think of a suggestion ATM...

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    A reciever that isn't weak to Scizor's BP would be nice, like a Landorus-T with standard moves + HP Ice. As it is, CB Scizor gives you problems with receivers getting -Def boosts. Rachi is your only check to it and with prediction using U-Turns, it'll go down soon. Can't really think of a suggestion ATM...
    Did you even read the OP?

First off, Scizor does a maximum of 49% to kingdra, while kingdra ohkoes outside rain.

Garchomp not so much, 2hko, but it ohkoes with fire blast.

and thunderus-t resists bullet punch, but is 2hkoed. if the scizor is 252/252 speed, jolly(more common now), with LO(which its used with) it has a 1% chance to 2hko. at -1 defenses.

However, you're forgetting how smeargle is used.

Turn 1: Shell smash- activate sash
    Turn 2: Spore , get free switch
    baton pass and sweep.

outside of the passing, i generally make sure something that is taken out. by jirachi or whatever.

but saying i dont have any recievers not weak to BP is wrong, when 2 of 3 sweepers resist.

Ouch. I remember this team.
    Beware guys. He's a badass and he WILL use Magic Coat twice in a Row.
    Feel Free to Engage a certain Soul_Fly on Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown!
    You'll likely end up getting free ladder points due to my constant tendency to test out gimmicky teams.

LAWL. Lucario RULEZZ

Have you considered adding latias to your threats list? I did some good damage with mine last night

^Credit to Anakbae^

Unhappy Shell Smash Smeargle

So, I managed to defeat a Shell Smash Smeargle recently. Anything that outruns it and can put up a substitute can kill it easily. Might be better to keep him out should the opponent have a substitute, to save him for later but in the case of Jirachi (who I used to defeat Smeargle), you might run the chance of getting paralyzed by Body Slam. Trick Room is probably also effective against Smeargle.

Well, most latias aren't scarved....

and even then, jirachi takes little to no damage from it, especially mono-attacking sets.

garchomp outspeeds all non-scarved sets and forces a switch/ohkoes

kingdra outspeeds and ohkoes in rain

smeargle can spore it and render it useless, but must watch out for submind sets

terrakion can shut down most sets with taunt, if the set they are using is

latias @leftovers
    - levitate -
    252 hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 speed
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Wish

that is the standard set most latias use, give or take a couple moves. most don't use scarf haha, and thats why i got messed up. for one, i predicted the wrong set. most scarfed ones are latios.

anyway, some things im trying:

@kingdra

white herb>life orb
    hp fire>dragon pulse(does around 80% to ferro)

@jirachi

body slam>thunder wave

Pretty sure CB Scizor is the most common used Scizor unless I've been under a rock (probable).

Ok, I promised you a rate, and by golly I'm gonna give you one.

So, this is actually a pretty solid team. I personally love these sorts of teams where, if you play your cards right, you can just toss up a Shell Smash and go to some sweeper to absolutely destroy everything. Of course, there are a couple of problems that I think could use fixing.

If DD Dragonite gets a DD up with Multiscale intact, it might be game over right there. Everything on your team is OHKOd all or most of the time after SR by either a +1 Dragon Claw or Earthquake, and a Lum Berry will prevent Smeargle from effectively checking it. It survives Garchomp's Outrage with about 24% health at the least with Multiscale intact, and after that it pretty much goes on a killing spree. As is, your best chance at beating it now is just to try to break its Multiscale with whatever is out at the time and then try to get Garchomp in safely to finish the job. Of course, if you mispredict and Outrage as they switch out, you may lose your Garchomp.

Special Landorus-I could be trouble late-game with Stealth Rock down, namely those with Rock Polish. Nothing is completely safe against it; Kingdra is your best bet, but it's still getting OHKOd after SR about 44% of the time.

SD Lucario with Bullet Punch is another Pokemon that could easily sweep late-game. You've got a good check in Garchomp, who can take a +2 Extremespeed and KO back, but Garchomp only needs to be down to about 82% health before it's in danger of a OHKO after Rocks.

Growth Venusaur in the Sun pretty much wins if it gets to +2 with SR down. Only Garchomp has a shot of surviving either Giga Drain or HP Fire, and even then it's only a 6.25% chance.

Terrakion in general is a jerk to your team. The SubSD set has a good shot at killing or heavily damaging something every time it gets a Sub up, the Rock Polish set can sweep late game with SR down once Garchomp drops to ~80% and Jirachi to ~70%, and the Choice Band set pretty much blows holes into everything just by spamming Close Combat (even Thundurus-T can be OHKOd after Stealth Rock).

Now a couple of changes that I think might be able to help. First, perhaps you could try an Adamant LO Mamoswine somewhere? I'm not sure where it would fit, but this will let you OHKO Landorus-I and Venusaur with SR once it's dropped to about 85%. You'll need to make sure to get SR up as quickly as possible, but this will also give you another answer to DD Dragonite. Not only that, but I personally think it fits your team quite well. After all, not much is stopping a Mamoswine that has been passed a Shell Smash, bar a couple of priority and Scarf users.

I also think that you could try an offensive Landorus-T. This would give you an excellent check to both Terrakion and SD Lucario, especially those without Ice Punch. You could run a EQ / SE / HP Ice / SR setup over Terrakion, which could take over that role as the SR setter and perform decently as a SS recipient. This would make you a bit more weak to Volcarona, but you still have Scarf Chomp to help with that. As a matter of fact, running Rock Slide > Stone Edge on Garchomp could help make it a bit more reliable as a Volcarona check. You do lose the ability to guarantee a OHKO on a bulky QD set at full health, but that shouldn't matter as long as you can keep SR down.

I can't really think of anything else that I'd want to change, so there's a little something to try out. Hope it helps!

O yeah, kinda forgot what set I was using. But still, it would be the same thing with latios, only latios hits harder... So ya, that could kinda be a problem. Jirachi still hard walls it but other than that it's kinda like, you have nothing for it. Also, considering you have to assume the worst when team building; with rolcks or spikes on the field smeargle does diddly, chomp is outsped by scarf latios, Kingdra would get ko'd while it would have to actually set up rain since nothing else does. So, vs a scarf latios which is arguably more threatening to you, you would have nothing. Then again, scarf latios probably isn't very common either

^Credit to Anakbae^

First off, did you mean for Jirachi to have a Timid (-atk+speed) nature?
    Second, gorebyss would be better than Smeargle, as kingdra sets up rain dance. For rhe same reason, thunderus should use thunder

Aside from that, a pretty impressive team.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    First off, did you mean for Jirachi to have a Timid (-atk+speed) nature?
    Second, gorebyss would be better than Smeargle, as kingdra sets up rain dance. For rhe same reason, thunderus should use thunder

Aside from that, a pretty impressive team.
    no, that's typo, which i'll be fixing shortly.

and no, gorebyss would NOT be better. Smeargle's just is to smashpass and spore, and then die. I'm not interested in another sweeper, especially since smeargle works perfectly fine. kingdra isnt there to provide rain for the entire team. if that was the case, id just add politoed. kingdra helps justs to get rid of sand. gorebyss just doesnt fit the team, nd i lose otu on a lot of little niches smeargle fills, like deo-d counter, sableye counter, shadow ball switch in, general nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    O yeah, kinda forgot what set I was using. But still, it would be the same thing with latios, only latios hits harder... So ya, that could kinda be a problem. Jirachi still hard walls it but other than that it's kinda like, you have nothing for it. Also, considering you have to assume the worst when team building; with rolcks or spikes on the field smeargle does diddly, chomp is outsped by scarf latios, Kingdra would get ko'd while it would have to actually set up rain since nothing else does. So, vs a scarf latios which is arguably more threatening to you, you would have nothing. Then again, scarf latios probably isn't very common either
    I guess in theory it would work well, but luckily, i dont seem to face them often. notem is perfect, haha, and sarflatios isnt all that common to begin with, with most people opting for LO. But i guess its just one of those threats to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94
    ok, I promised you a rate, and by golly I'm gonna give you one.

So, this is actually a pretty solid team. I personally love these sorts of teams where, if you play your cards right, you can just toss up a Shell Smash and go to some sweeper to absolutely destroy everything. Of course, there are a couple of problems that I think could use fixing.

If DD Dragonite gets a DD up with Multiscale intact, it might be game over right there. Everything on your team is OHKOd all or most of the time after SR by either a +1 Dragon Claw or Earthquake, and a Lum Berry will prevent Smeargle from effectively checking it. It survives Garchomp's Outrage with about 24% health at the least with Multiscale intact, and after that it pretty much goes on a killing spree. As is, your best chance at beating it now is just to try to break its Multiscale with whatever is out at the time and then try to get Garchomp in safely to finish the job. Of course, if you mispredict and Outrage as they switch out, you may lose your Garchomp.
    I've never really had dnite set up on me before, as i usually lead with terrakion and set up rocks, and then their spinner usually dies shortly after. starmie is koed by terra, and forry can't live rocks + 2 ccs. so i just set up rocks again. the only other spinner is donphan, who is scared out by kingdra switch in.

and finally, i got that rate from you haha

Special Landorus-I could be trouble late-game with Stealth Rock down, namely those with Rock Polish. Nothing is completely safe against it; Kingdra is your best bet, but it's still getting OHKOd after SR about 44% of the time.
    luckily, the lando fad kinda passed, and i havent faced any yet....but i do see your point.

SD Lucario with Bullet Punch is another Pokemon that could easily sweep late-game. You've got a good check in Garchomp, who can take a +2 Extremespeed and KO back, but Garchomp only needs to be down to about 82% health before it's in danger of a OHKO after Rocks.
    m main way of avoiding dual priority sweeps are to send in jirachi, who can thunder wave and fire punch it. unless they cary mach punch>bullet punch, then im screwed.

Growth Venusaur in the Sun pretty much wins if it gets to +2 with SR down. Only Garchomp has a shot of surviving either Giga Drain or HP Fire, and even then it's only a 6.25% chance.
    noticed this as well while testing, and have lost matches to it. i just try and play around it by forcing LO damage.

Terrakion in general is a jerk to your team. The SubSD set has a good shot at killing or heavily damaging something every time it gets a Sub up, the Rock Polish set can sweep late game with SR down once Garchomp drops to ~80% and Jirachi to ~70%, and the Choice Band set pretty much blows holes into everything just by spamming Close Combat (even Thundurus-T can be OHKOd after Stealth Rock).

Now a couple of changes that I think might be able to help. First, perhaps you could try an Adamant LO Mamoswine somewhere? I'm not sure where it would fit, but this will let you OHKO Landorus-I and Venusaur with SR once it's dropped to about 85%. You'll need to make sure to get SR up as quickly as possible, but this will also give you another answer to DD Dragonite. Not only that, but I personally think it fits your team quite well. After all, not much is stopping a Mamoswine that has been passed a Shell Smash, bar a couple of priority and Scarf users.

I also think that you could try an offensive Landorus-T. This would give you an excellent check to both Terrakion and SD Lucario, especially those without Ice Punch. You could run a EQ / SE / HP Ice / SR setup over Terrakion, which could take over that role as the SR setter and perform decently as a SS recipient. This would make you a bit more weak to Volcarona, but you still have Scarf Chomp to help with that. As a matter of fact, running Rock Slide > Stone Edge on Garchomp could help make it a bit more reliable as a Volcarona check. You do lose the ability to guarantee a OHKO on a bulky QD set at full health, but that shouldn't matter as long as you can keep SR down.
    hmm, while i dont see how mamo can fit well into the team, ladno-t would do excellently, especially ading some bulk to the team. I'll definitely try it and see how it goes, as terrakion doesnt do a whole lot anymore, except set up rocks and die.
    thank everyone for the rates, especially jesusfreak and dragonicwari, as jf really helps me figure out the main kinks in my team, and dragon really helps find some potential threats, as well as pushing my battle skills(which have noticeably dropped, lol).

I'll try and edit some things in the OP, and go back to testing, hopefully we can all work to make my team better

Very nice team, i would suggest stuff but i usually comment on teams which are pretty awful. This one is beautiful of having a pokemon in centers around with some interesting choice which maximise their potential, would never have thought of the rain dance kingdra as a solution to your sand problems.

Nice job answering all the questions, been a very interesting read and i might give it a shot, i'm an awful battler so it'll convince everyone it's **** so when you use it they'll be amazed when you pwn their *** :P
    My Diamond Sandstorm BT squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=14238023 Streak: 50
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=556617 Streak: 47

My White2 Super Single Subway Squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?598816 streak: 64 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigheaded View Post
    Very nice team, i would suggest stuff but i usually comment on teams which are pretty awful. This one is beautiful of having a pokemon in centers around with some interesting choice which maximise their potential, would never have thought of the rain dance kingdra as a solution to your sand problems.

Nice job answering all the questions, been a very interesting read and i might give it a shot, i'm an awful battler so it'll convince everyone it's **** so when you use it they'll be amazed when you pwn their *** :P
    this is worthless to the thread, compliments aside.

oh **** my post is too o-0

uh.. um.. uh.....

garchomp is gud.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigheaded View Post

guys, please don't spam my rmt.

@Bigheaded, thank you for the compliments, but please don't spam. instead, you can try and nominate it in the archives if you think its that good. but don't post in my rmt with this, please and thanl you.

Bump. Lando-t has been working great, anything else to comment on?

I suggest putting Agility on Thundurus-t in place of Grass Knot and changing it to Modest. I've been using scarfed Thund for a long time and the metagame is really used to it, but I've pulled off many sweeps with agility life orb Thundurus-t recently. You might want to try it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12