Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Gary/Green/Blue Club

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Inside the GS ball.
    Posts
    739

    Default The Gary/Green/Blue Club



    [apologies in advance for any typos. I read this over like 50 times.If you find one holler at me!]
    Hello ladies and gentleman, it’s high time we got a club going for our beloved little brunet rival. This club is dedicated to anything and everything related to Green/Blue and Gary. So if you prefer to see him as the 5 Minute Champion, that rival from the manga, or the new Professor Oak, you are all welcome. Lets make this club a fun relaxing environment to show our support for the rival that keeps on going.

    Green/Blue’s Video Game Adaptation | Green/Blue’s Manga Adaptation | Gary’s Anime Adaptation



    Woah Woah wait hold up...

    Q: Why do you call Blue, Green or Gary, Shigeru? His name is Blue/Gary

    A: In Japan when Pokemon first came out the games wern't Red and Blue. They were actually Red and Green, thus, in Japan, the rival's name was Green and the protagonists name was Red. Japan didn't get Blue until later. In America however we got Red and Blue version, we never seen Green. Thus, in America, Green's name was changed to Blue but Red's name stayed the same. Quite confusing right? As for Gary's name, In Japan Gary's name is derived from Shigeru Miyamoto, One of the main people that helped get Pokemon started. Much like Ash's Japanese name is Satoshi Tajiri. Any of the above names are actually correct, so if someone tells you "that's not his name his name is ___" You can safely prove them wrong. For advice, if you are talking about Pokemon and someone says the name "Green and or Blue" Just ask, "are you referring to the male or female Green/Blue." Most people will gladly explain because of how many people use the different names. Here, we are only referring to the Male unless stated otherwise.




    -----
    The Rules
    Please read them, and get to know them so we can all have fun. The rules are subject to change on a moments notice. I will try to keep everyone up to date on rule changes if they happen.

    Please remember to follow the general SPPf rules and the club rules. If you don’t know them, follow this link for the general rules. And this link for the club rules.
    Stay on topic. the topic is anything related to Green/Blue/Gary in case you already forgot where you were.
    Please become a member if you are a fan. If all you want to do is join to hate then think about what your doing. All it takes is to fill out that tiny application and your good to go, so apply before you post.
    Please wait for Dragoniss, or Winter Storm to give you the a-ok BEFORE you discuss. More times than not people will be accepted into the group. We aren't generally picky on who joins. So it will be rare to see someone not get accepted. At the same time though please wait for us to give the ok. You never know what might happen and posting before accepted will give you a strike off the bat.
    Think before you post. If you think your post might hurt someone’s feelings in any way, or you are putting down another user for thinking a certain way then you probably shouldn't post it. Use common sense.
    Shipping discussion is allowed, but keep in mind that these things have the potential to turn into flame wars. Just think before you post and you should be fine.
    Meme talk is allowed. There are many meme’s surrounding Gary himself, just remember to follow the SPPf rules about meme pictures and gifs. I don’t mind them myself, but just do not use them excessively, every once in a blue moon is alright, we just don’t want to litter the page with “deal with it” pictures. And if you simply MUST post it, put it in a spoiler tag or link.
    Creepypasta talk is also allowed. There are lots of creepypasta’s out there. The most common example being “Gary’s Raticate.” If you wish to talk about creepypasta’s then go into actual discussion, don’t just say you like it. Nothing over PG13 and remember, all they are is creepypasta, they do not prove or disprove anything.
    Do we accept Banners/Fanart/Fanfictions? Yes! All fanart is welcome. If it be an AMV, banner, fanfic, art, cosplay, anything. Please link us to your stories, don’t post them directly on here. We’ll add all the sections for fanmade things below in this post. Remember if you use someone else’s art then make sure you get credit. Anything that is not officially drawn needs to be given credit.
    The most important rule is to have fun!



    -----

    Three strikes

    Strike 1 [x]: Verbal warning
    Strike 2 [xx]: Verbal warning and we've got our eyes on you.
    Strike 3 [xxx]: Banned from the topic.

    Just like in baseball this club operates on the three strike system. Meaning that you will receive a verbal warning, usually in the form of a PM from me, Winter Storm, or a mod twice before you are banned. Strikes do not go away overtime, so don’t think you can break 2 rules, leave for a month and come back to break them again. There is also no ban for 1 and 2 strikes, but the 3rd will result in a ban. Just remember how many you have and follow the rules. It sounds harsh, but it shouldn't be that hard to follow the rules. Were not mean people...at least i'm not. If you guys think this is to harsh, let me know. We can talk it over as a club and decide. This isn't just about me, you guys as club members have the most valuable input.




    -----
    Application
    Just post your application in this topic and your ready to go!

    Code:
    Username:
    Nickname[optional]:
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue:
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG:
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule:



    -----

    Owner / Co-Owner
    Dragoniss - Owner
    Winter Storm - Co-owner




    -----

    Members
        Spoiler:- list:




    -----

    Strike/Ban List:
        Spoiler:- List:




    -----

    Signature Banners
    [feel free to put these in your sig to link to the club, just remember to give credit unless states otherwise. If you would like to add to the list just give it to us ]


    HTML Code:
    [IMG]http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae271/bendoverdrek/garyon-banner_zps186ea567.png[/IMG]


    -----

    Fanart
        Spoiler:- list:




    -----

    Fanfiction
        Spoiler:- list:




    -----

    Other arts
        Spoiler:- list:







    That’s it guys, now get to posting! I’ll Smell ya later in the discussions!
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 31st January 2013 at 11:37 PM.

    NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

    Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In the blizzard
    Posts
    336

    Default

    How did I not see this club before?! :O

    Username: Winter Storm
    Nickname[optional]: Anything you want...
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: I had always found Gary to be quite cool from the start of the anime, and I loved his character development. He grew up to be so mature! As for Green/Blue in PokeSpec, well let's just say his personality just attracted me to him. It was so different than Gary's and I just fell in love with him. He still is my favorite Pokedex holder ever~! x3
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Well, I never quite played those games. D: But if I did, I would probably call him Green since I name all my rivals by their name. :P
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: Follow all the general SPPF and club rules.


    Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr


        Spoiler:- Credit:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Inside the GS ball.
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Storm View Post
    How did I not see this club before?! :O

    Username: Winter Storm
    Nickname[optional]: Anything you want...
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: I had always found Gary to be quite cool from the start of the anime, and I loved his character development. He grew up to be so mature! As for Green/Blue in PokeSpec, well let's just say his personality just attracted me to him. It was so different than Gary's and I just fell in love with him. He still is my favorite Pokedex holder ever~! x3
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Well, I never quite played those games. D: But if I did, I would probably call him Green since I name all my rivals by their name. :P
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: Follow all the general SPPF and club rules.
    yay! someone finally applied >w< I was beginning to worry that no one would join. [accepted by the way]

    Also seeing as how you were like the only one to apply for it and you check out, you get to be the co owner.
    And thus, welcome to the club

    NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

    Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fanboys dreams
    Posts
    4,409

    Default

    Username: Elysian
    Nickname[optional]: None
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: He's badarse, and the first rival there is, so it's natural to like him, imo.
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Usually Douche or something, but when I grew older, I started just calling him Gary, or Blue
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: Shipping-discussion is allowed, also, stay on topic, which is for all clubs, and meme talk is also allowed

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Inside the GS ball.
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Username: Elysian
    Nickname[optional]: None
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: He's badarse, and the first rival there is, so it's natural to like him, imo.
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Usually Douche or something, but when I grew older, I started just calling him Gary, or Blue
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: Shipping-discussion is allowed, also, stay on topic, which is for all clubs, and meme talk is also allowed
    Yay! Welcome to the club Elysian.
    Lol I think everyone called him some kind of derogatory term when they first started.




    Topic starter.
    What was four favorite appearance of Gary/Blue. Meaning like, favorite time you met him in the games, favorite episode he was in, favorite manga chapter.


    I personally enjoyed the battle he and Ash had at the Silver Conference, I feel that was the moment where his character was at its peak. I also liked him being in the Pokemon World Tournament on Black and White 2. Made me happy that they still consider him to be a champion, and his remixed song is to die for.

    NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

    Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fanboys dreams
    Posts
    4,409

    Default

    Well, I did really like him when he and Red were learning Frency Plant and Blast Burn with that creepy old lady in the manga

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,589

    Default

    Username:Lost Requiem
    Nickname[optional]:Lit or Lost, your prefrence
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: I guess I started to like Green when I first got into NamelessShipping, I blame shippings for everything. I replayed FR shortly afterwards and I realized that he was the good kind of cocky.
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Playing FR was years ago, I don't know. I do rememeber when I was youn I named him Candy once for the trolls.
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: the topic is anything related to Green/Blue/Gary in case you already forgot where you were

    My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

    Credit to EG for Banner.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In the blizzard
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    yay! someone finally applied >w< I was beginning to worry that no one would join. [accepted by the way]

    Also seeing as how you were like the only one to apply for it and you check out, you get to be the co owner.
    And thus, welcome to the club
    Aww thank you~! I really do feel honored to co-own my favorite character's club! :3

    What was your favorite appearance of Gary/Blue. Meaning like, favorite time you met him in the games, favorite episode he was in, favorite manga chapter.

    Favorite episode for Gary: This would be when he made his appearance in Sinnoh to help Ash fight off Hunter J. It just showed how much he has matured over the years, and I was just glad to see he hadn't been forgotten. ^^

    Favorite Chapter for Green: There are so many to choose from~! I'll go with that one chapter in the FRLG series where he gave Silver a life changing speech about how his father(Giovanni) won't change or determine who he is as a person. For me at least, it was very touching. The other one would be when he was possesed in that one tower in the early RGB series. It made him look scarier in an awesome kind of way. xD

    For favorite game appearance: When I first battled him in HGSS. It was the first time I got a chance to battle him, so of course I was pretty excited!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Username:Lost Requiem
    Nickname[optional]:Lit or Lost, your prefrence
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: I guess I started to like Green when I first got into NamelessShipping, I blame shippings for everything. I replayed FR shortly afterwards and I realized that he was the good kind of cocky.
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Playing FR was years ago, I don't know. I do rememeber when I was youn I named him Candy once for the trolls.
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: the topic is anything related to Green/Blue/Gary in case you already forgot where you were
    Welcome to the club Lost Requiem~!
    Lol! Candy is such a perfect name for him. xD

    Also welcome Elysian! =D


    Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr


        Spoiler:- Credit:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Username: Golduck#1
    Nickname[optional]: Don't have to put the one haha.
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: Because I figured out he was my type of bloke. Like I relate to him a lot. He is just about his business. Work hard, play hard so to speak.
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Gary and I called myself Ash. I wanted to replicate the cartoon
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: Remember and follow the serebii and club rules.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Inside the GS ball.
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Username: Golduck#1
    Nickname[optional]: Don't have to put the one haha.
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: Because I figured out he was my type of bloke. Like I relate to him a lot. He is just about his business. Work hard, play hard so to speak.
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Gary and I called myself Ash. I wanted to replicate the cartoon
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: Remember and follow the serebii and club rules.
    Oh my goodness i'm so sorry for not getting to people sooner. School is such a pain.
    Golduck you are accepted

    Ha ha, I remember on yellow calling them Ash and Gary and having Ash's team as mine. It was always fun to replicate the anime but Brock was really hard when you tried to go off just what Ash had. Damn near unbeatable. If only we could attack the water system :/

    Its nice that they've kept Gary's look piratically the same as the video game. Red in yellow version didn't have that much of a connection to Ash, so being able to relate Green to Gary was nice. I also made a run where I named myself Gary and my rival Ash and I used Gary's team. Weird to look at, but fun none the less. His Pokemon were more fun to use than Ash's.

    NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

    Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,338

    Default

    Usernameokemonsquared
    Nickname[optional]:I don't care, make one up if you think its too long
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: like 7-8 years ago when I caught up with all the early anime eps.
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG:I can't really say >.> kind of risque
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule:Stay on topic

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In the blizzard
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Usernameokemonsquared
    Nickname[optional]:I don't care, make one up if you think its too long
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: like 7-8 years ago when I caught up with all the early anime eps.
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG:I can't really say >.> kind of risque
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule:Stay on topic
    Welcome pokemonsquared and golduck#1!

    This club is bursting with members now! Hopefully it stays like this for a little longer.

    Here's another topic for discussion:
    Which Pokemon do you think would best suite Gary/Green/Blue?


    Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr


        Spoiler:- Credit:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    Oh my goodness i'm so sorry for not getting to people sooner. School is such a pain.
    Golduck you are accepted

    Ha ha, I remember on yellow calling them Ash and Gary and having Ash's team as mine. It was always fun to replicate the anime but Brock was really hard when you tried to go off just what Ash had. Damn near unbeatable. If only we could attack the water system :/

    Its nice that they've kept Gary's look piratically the same as the video game. Red in yellow version didn't have that much of a connection to Ash, so being able to relate Green to Gary was nice. I also made a run where I named myself Gary and my rival Ash and I used Gary's team. Weird to look at, but fun none the less. His Pokemon were more fun to use than Ash's.
    That's what Butterfrees confusion was for . However training up a Metapod when you are like 7 years old seemed like it took a year for it to actually evolve!

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Storm View Post
    Welcome pokemonsquared and golduck#1!

    This club is bursting with members now! Hopefully it stays like this for a little longer.

    Here's another topic for discussion:
    Which Pokemon do you think would best suite Gary/Green/Blue?
    Gotta stick with Arcanine here. I think Marowak and Scizor would do a find job as well. They just look like they are about business as well.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    wallowing in self-pity
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Username: Doodlebug
    Nickname[optional]: Cricky
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: He's hot, he's amazing, he's badass, etc.~
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Never played them ;n;
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: Shipping discussion is allowed ^,^

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In the blizzard
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Gotta stick with Arcanine here. I think Marowak and Scizor would do a find job as well. They just look like they are about business as well.
    I agree with Arcanine and Scizor. They both look like pretty tough Pokemon for him to have. I would say an Electivire would fit him nicely as well since it's also pretty strong and Gary did have one already, I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
    Username: Doodlebug
    Nickname[optional]: Cricky
    Why did you start liking Gary/Green/Blue: He's hot, he's amazing, he's badass, etc.~
    What did you name him when you first played R/B/Y/FR/LG: Never played them ;n;
    Just to make sure you read them name 1 rule: Shipping discussion is allowed ^,^
    Accepted and Welcome Cricky~! Glad you could make it to this club! 8D


    Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr


        Spoiler:- Credit:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •