Thread: ou sun team

Default ou sun team

Ok, so i was fooling around on pokemon online and was bored so I decided to make a new team. The purpose of this team is to abuse the sun. I have three chlorophyll users that can easily sweep and have decent coverage. Victini is there to "counter" t-tar and politoed and spam v-create. Breloom really helps with rain teams.

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Energy Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Power Swap
    I know many people run bulky sets on ninetales. I don't because I want it to be unpredictable. I also suck at stall and prediction . The point of this set is to use overheat, then cripple a special sweeper that thinks it can set up on me. energy ball is for coverage. Finally, will-o-wisp is to cripple any physical attackers

Sawsbuck (Sawsbuck-Summer) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Jump Kick
    - Horn Leech
    - Swords Dance
    - Nature Power
    This is my first Chlorophyll sweeper. it deals with heatran, which walls my other two sweepers, nicely. Horn leech because it is the best grass move it knows. Swords dance is for sweeping and the other two attacks for coverage.

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Growth
    This is my second chlorophyll sweeper. I do not want to put sleep powder on this set because 2 team members already have sleep inducing moves. Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are for STAB and HP fire is for ferrothorn and skarmory. I'm haveing a bit of trouble with chansey.blissley with venasaur. Giga drain can drain a lot of HP, but they can just recover it.

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Growth
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Sleep Powder
    My third and final sweeper. It has sleep powder so it can set up more easily but I try not to use it often because of my luck. This set is almost identical to venasaur's except for sleep powder and does the same. Heatran walls this set but if I can put it to sleep, I usually force a switch.

Victini @ Life Orb
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Brick Break
    - Fusion Bolt
    - V-create
    - U-turn
    This is my politoed/t-tar "counter" and v-create spammer. Brick break KO's 0 defense t-tar and fusion bolt does a signifigant chunk to most politoed. If there are no other weather starters, I spam v-create and u-turn out. V-create is amazing in the sun and few things can wall this set.

Breloom (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Swords Dance
    - Spore
    This is my counter to most rain teams. Technician Breloom is awesome. It's mach punch hits as hard as scizor's bullet punches. If i get a swords dance up, it's usually GG. Unfortuately, it gets outspeed a lot.
    Last edited by emboarrocks; 22nd January 2013 at 1:18 AM. Reason: added sprites

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

I like it, I do recommend that you use something besides four grass types and two fire types. Very easy to stop cold.

Worst sun team eva.

No really, you are literally incapable of hitting things like Dragonite for even neutral damage if you lose Victini bar Venusaur's Sludge Bomb, you really, really need to spread your coverage more. Not to mention virtually all your Pokemon have the same counters. Air Balloon Heatran, for instance, will murder you as it only fears a Sleep Powder, which has unreliable accuracy. In fact, in order to fix this you'd literally have to change half your team. It seems to me like you just took a bunch of Sun sweepers and put them next to DroughtTales. That won't work, ever. Literally anyone with a Heatran (or any other Fire type), a Salamence, a Dragonite, a Garchomp, and any number of other threats will easily break you.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Worst sun team eva.

No really, you are literally incapable of hitting things like Dragonite for even neutral damage if you lose Victini bar Venusaur's Sludge Bomb, you really, really need to spread your coverage more. Not to mention virtually all your Pokemon have the same counters. Air Balloon Heatran, for instance, will murder you as it only fears a Sleep Powder, which has unreliable accuracy. In fact, in order to fix this you'd literally have to change half your team. It seems to me like you just took a bunch of Sun sweepers and put them next to DroughtTales. That won't work, ever. Literally anyone with a Heatran (or any other Fire type), a Salamence, a Dragonite, a Garchomp, and any number of other threats will easily break you.
    To compound on what he was saying, if any opponent manages to win the weather war, your team is essentially doomed. 3 of them depend on the Sun for their Speed boosts, and Breloom hardly deals with the threat of rain, let alone any other weather. Jirachi, Dragonite, Thundurus-T, even Starmie all under Rain can sweep your entire team. Even Dragonite outside of rain only gets hit really by Victini's V-Create, which does little through Multiscale, at best 3HKOing. Anything that has a base 101 speed or higher (which mind you is a lot of pokemon) can outspeed your entire team, requiring only Water/Ice coverage to do so. Even with non-weathers, Heatran can wall everything on your team bar Victini's Brick Break (which is an easy predict for another player) or Sawsbuck, which likely wouldn't switch in until something else was KOd for fear of getting obliterated. This team is entirely too dependent on Sun, which even though it is a Sun team should not need it to be such a necessity. If that Heatran is paired with say, Landorus-Therian, or really any other physical wall, your team loses as Heatran can be touched by 4 pokemon on your team, and the two that can get walled by defensive pokemon. SubDD Gyarados even under Sun can cause this team a lot of grief, as Waterfall + Bounce hits everything on your team super effectively. Salamence also has nothing to fear from this team other than Will-O-Wisp from Ninetales. The list just goes on and on of what could cause this team problems, alternate weather being the main one. If Ninetales dies and they have a different weather starter still alive, half of your team is set up fodder. I'm not sure what to recommend replacing, as there are so many threats to this team, but I would recommend having more of a variety of types so that a Cloyster can't just come in and Icicle Spear four of your pokemon out of existence. I'd say replace something on your team with Heatran, just to limit you fire weakeness, and give you some of the handy resistances that come with a steel type.
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.