Thread: Pokemon City Championships OU team.

Default Pokemon City Championships OU team.

I made an OU team for the Pokemon City Championships. I still have no losses and I need help to keep on going and not lose. If you have any tips please do reply.

Latias
    Item: Leftovers
    Calm Mind
    Recover
    Dragon Pulse
    Psyshock

Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Sp.Atk/252 Speed

This Pokemon is usually my lead, as it sets up 3 Calm Minds first for stat investment. Then I just attack with Dragon Pulse (or Psyshock for Pokemon such as Blissey) and get the opponent's lead to red or OHKO the lead.

Latios
    Item: Expert Belt
    Draco Meteor
    Surf
    Dragon Pulse
    Psyshock

Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed

This is usually the revenge killer. After Latias gets knocked out, this comes out to get brotherly revenge by using Dragon Pulse or Psyshock. It's an Offensive set, which is why it's my main revenge killer.

Hydreigon
    Item: Life Orb
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Superpower
    Dark Pulse

Nature: Mild
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed

When Latios is down, this comes out to steal the show with a STAB Life Orbed Dark Pulse to put as much damage as possible on the opponent. It's a good Special Attaker, so my Dark Pulse does a crapload of damage.

Salamence
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Outrage
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast

Nature: Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed

With it's Hidden Ability Moxie, this Pokemon is a powerhouse as soon as a few Attack boosts come up. It has Choice Scarf to increase Speed by 50%, so this thing is faster than Latios. I like to go for Dragon Claw first instead of Outrage, as I hate to be locked into a move that causes confusion.

Gastrodon
    Item:Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Recover

Nature: Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 SpD

This is my special wall. It also has some physical bulk to take a Choice Band Bullet Punch from a Scizor like a boss. When all my attackers are all down, I just use my two stallers. I Toxic the Pokemon first unless it's a Poison type or Steel type. I just use an Earthquake on those two then Recover. After Toxic, I would just wait for it to pay off with Ice Beams and Earthquakes.

Blissey
    Item: Leftovers
    Stealth Rock
    Softboiled
    Flamethrower
    Thunder Wave

Nature: Calm
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 Sp.Def

This is my main stall because of T-Wave and Stealth Rock. If it gets me past half, there goes Softboiled to get to full HP. Then i have to keep on using Flamethrower, as it's my only attack move. I would replace it with Seismic Toss if i had time.

That's it. Give me some feedback and I'll take your opinions into action. Thanks for your help.

Fairly sure there's a rule in existence about only allowing 2 OU Dragons per team. It's what makes MonoDragon so impossibly hard to make.

Blue Harvest edit - This is not at all true
    Last edited by Blue Harvest; 8th February 2013 at 2:39 AM. Reason: WRONG
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

There is no rule like that. You've heard of 4Drag2Mag right?
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Mono-Dragon for monotype teams only allow 2 OU dragons.

There is no rule like that. You've heard of 4Drag2Mag right?
    Of course. Someone here told me about that rule when I posted a 4drag2mag team xD

I'll be reposting it at some point this weekend then. My apologies.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

But there's no mag on this team....
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

In my initial plans, I always end up having a Mag in it, but when the team is finalized, it never makes it.

@Eon: We are talking about 2 OU Drags in a team. I just mentioned Mag cuz when I think of Drags I think Magneton/zone.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

drag mag sucks unless you face a clear skies team. Its also not as effective as it was DPP because of team preview.
    for the first actual rate

Mamoswine destroys this team. The lati twins are 2hko via ice shard, gastro is a 2hko via earthquake so nothing can really switch in against him. I would drop half the dragons and start, probably hydreigon and latias.
    Give latios a LO, it lets him 2hko banded tar via surf with rocks, or double damage roll. I would switch gastrodon for offensive celebi to handle keldeo and scizor/thunderus depending on if you run hp fire or ice. I would drop blissey for choice band scizor, as he helps handle mamoswine, and adds a powerful priority to the team. I would add deoxys def for hazards just because rocks + 1 layer of spikes takes away 25% for most pokemon, making it easier on salamence to clean up late game. For the final spot, I suggest Gengar as he spin blocks, and a sub 3 attack set will bait in scizor who can be KOed with hp fire, so ceelbi can run HP ice for landorus therian and thunderus therian.

Sets
    Celebi@leftovers/life orb
    timid
    natural cure
    4 hp/252sp attack/252 speed
    -hp ice/fire
    -giga drain
    -recover
    -u turn/earth power

scizor@choice band
    adamant
    technician
    248hp/252attack/8 speed
    -superpower
    -bullet punch
    -u turn
    -pursuit/quick attack

deoxys def@rocky helmet/red card/fighting gem
    jolly
    pressure
    252hp/4attack/252speed
    -stealth rocks
    -spikes
    -taunt/magic coat/superpower
    -taunt/magic coat/superpower

Gengar@black sludge/expert belt
    timid
    levitate
    4hp/252sp attack/252speed
    -substitute
    -hp fire/ice
    -focus blast
    -shadow ball

Since when was there a rule saying you could only have 2 OU dragons per team? I've taken on a team with Hydreigon/Garchomp/Kyurem Black/Dragonite/Latios/Haxorus and won. No joke.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

It's a Monotype thing I'd been told applied to OU as well. It's just for the Monotype tier, as it turns out.

I'll add a Deoxys-D, but I'm needing a Fire type to resist Ice Shard's priority. It's also a coincidence that I just went up against a Mamoswine and it ****** up my team.
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0364 1308

I liek Mudkipz and I liek to battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon_Trainer_Nate View Post
    I'll add a Deoxys-D, but I'm needing a Fire type to resist Ice Shard's priority. It's also a coincidence that I just went up against a Mamoswine and it ****** up my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    I would drop blissey for choice band scizor, as he helps handle mamoswine
    fires are destroyed by mamo because of thick fat, keldeo is a better option then a fire, but imo inferior to scizor