Thread: Should Event Pokémon be obtainable in-game?

Default Should Event Pokémon be obtainable in-game?

Like, Celebi, Mew, Deoxys, Arceus (that one with the keyboard-palm cry). Even if they were ridicuosly hard to catch/find.

I also think Darkrai should be put in, why only Cresselia?

Saaatoshi!

No.

By their very nature they aren't meant to be obtained with the same ease as other critters and pursuant to what will almost certainly be the next point, no, they aren't meant to be available to everyone and thus the fact that the next poster doesn't have a GameStop/Toys 'R Us/whatever or doesn't have Wi-Fi or lives in some far-off country is not a problem, nor has it been nor will it ever be as no one is being denied anything essential for not having an event Pokémon. Most of this has remained unchanged for years, for good reason, and most of this will continue on unchanged for years.

The inevitable complaining that is to follow may now commence. Enjoy.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No.

By their very nature they aren't meant to be obtained with the same ease as other critters and pursuant to what will almost certainly be the next point, no, they aren't meant to be available to everyone and thus the fact that the next poster doesn't have a GameStop/Toys 'R Us/whatever or doesn't have Wi-Fi or lives in some far-off country is not a problem, nor has it been nor will it ever be as no one is being denied anything essential for not having an event Pokémon. Most of this has remained unchanged for years, for good reason, and most of this will continue on unchanged for years.

The inevitable complaining that is to follow may now commence. Enjoy.
    At least some Legendary Pokemon can be caught in every Pokemon game (that I know of) so I think it makes sense to let you catch more Pokemon on one game rather then buying many games to get every Pokemon.

I agree its good for Legendarys to be hard to get but some legendary's can't be obtained in game which is too hard to get.

And we're underway...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Strategy Guy View Post
    so I think it makes sense to let you catch more Pokemon on one game rather then buying many games to get every Pokemon.
    No. Not only is this precisely not the case, but you never have to purchase another game simply to obtain an event Legendary.

-----
    Words to|live by

No. Not only is this precisely not the case, but you never have to purchase another game simply to obtain an event Legendary.
    Well, there was Manaphy, although I think he was released later on via Wi-Fi anyway. And if not, well, then it's just a Manaphy.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Yes, totally. Every Pokémon should be obtainable in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Yes, totally. Every Pokémon should be obtainable in-game.
    Why would they do this?

-----
    Words to|live by

Why would they do this?
    To be honest with you, I have those similar problems at times. I want to know an answer from you perhaps. I bet you know that pokemon games sell almost everywhere in the world. But my country, Philippines, has a Toys R us. BUT ... they NEVER HOLD pokemon mystery gifts. So how would we be able to gives ourselves some of those American Toys R us Pokemon mystery Gifts if your own branches do not promote those pokemon mystery gifts?

I hope you know my country's gaming culture. My place has only like 10% nintendo gamers, 15% PS3 gamers, and the rest are DOTA PC gamers.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    So how would we be able to gives ourselves some of those American Toys R us Pokemon mystery Gifts if your own branches do not promote those pokemon mystery gifts?
    You wouldn't. And I'm sorry for you personally, I suppose, but the majority of the world's most populated areas - Japan, North America, Europe, Oceania - do get the events. If your country doesn't get them, that's not an indictment of the system as a whole, it's just proof of what I said at the beginning - that the events aren't designed to be available to everyone, because that's patently impossible, but rather they're designed to be available to as many people as possible, which they are.

My place has only like 10% nintendo gamers, 15% PS3 gamers, and the rest are DOTA PC gamers.
    So you, like, took a poll yourself, or...?

-----
    Words to|live by

To be honest with you, I have those similar problems at times. I want to know an answer from you perhaps. I bet you know that pokemon games sell almost everywhere in the world. But my country, Philippines, has a Toys R us. BUT ... they NEVER HOLD pokemon mystery gifts. So how would we be able to gives ourselves some of those American Toys R us Pokemon mystery Gifts if your own branches do not promote those pokemon mystery gifts?

I hope you know my country's gaming culture. My place has only like 10% nintendo gamers, 15% PS3 gamers, and the rest are DOTA PC gamers.
    I know that feel.

Saaatoshi!

People that doesn't have acess to Event Pokemons would say that yes, they should be obtainable in-game. But IMO, no, they shouldn't.

This is the charm of Event Pokemons.

I think no......but they must make a wider range(or may be worldwide) of giving away promotion/event Pokemon so everyone could participate in.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Wait. Correct me if I'm wrong. But, can't events be accessed anywhere in the world with Nintendo Wi-Fi ?

If they're Wi-Fi events, yes. Some events require you to download a Mystery Gift from a game shop/ toy shop in real life.

I'd like it of they just release Meloetta on Wi-Fi already, we're nearing the end of Gen 5 and it was on available at one real-life event in Japan ._.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    If they're Wi-Fi events, yes. Some events require you to download a Mystery Gift from a game shop/ toy shop in real life.
    I thought even mystery gifts now can be downloaded off wi-fi.
    Anyway, as long as these events are wi-fi based I see no problem in them. It can then be got everywhere.

Since Generation 3 and onward every pokémon has been made available for the general public, may it be or not be though events or spin-off series. I myself have been able to get hold of Lugia (XD: Gale of Darkness), Ho-Oh (Colosseum), Jirachi(Channel, yes it's somewhat odd to buy a game just for that one, but I enjoyed it back then), Deoxys (Real life event), Mew (Through trading when on holidays in Japan) and Celebi (from the same player which had the mew) all back in the third generation. If you want them the easy way, hack the event items in your game and you're good to go for most legendary pokémon (the exception was celebi back in generation 3 being Japanese bonus disk or event only). It just requires some dedication or a bit of hacking if you're not the one to do a lot for these few, but once you have them you never have the need to obtain them ever again.

I wouldn't really like it if they had the event only pokemon in-game. I think it would take the charm away from them and they would be "just another legendary pokemon". God knows we have enough in-game legendary pokemon to begin with...

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

I don't think that, but I'd love some more events to complete my pokédex, since I actually started to catch them all when Darkrai was released. And I live in europe where are almost no freaking events.

I really want:

- Mew (Latest event: 15 October 2010)
    - Celebi (Latest event: 1 February 2011)
    - Jirachi (Latest event: 26 June 2010)
    - Arcues (Latest event: 1 February 2012) (Only for the winner.)
    - Keldeo (Latest event: Never in europe except France.)
    - Meloetta (Latest event: Japan only)

I wish I were a American. =\
    Last edited by Dylz; 22nd January 2013 at 2:30 PM.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Shame most of those events happen only in Japan...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I wish I were a American. =\
    I wish I were Japanese...
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 22nd January 2013 at 3:26 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

At this point, I'd say that a couple could be made available in-game, if only to help curb the sheer number of them that exist and will exist and ease the burden on Nintendo to distribute all of them within a generation.

I completely understand everyone's frustration with this. I to have no event pokemon in any of my games, nor can I seem to establish a internet connection with my wifi to my ds so I can't trade just to get them in my pokedex.
    However the sad truth is event pokemon are here to stay and there will never be a game where you can obtain every single pokemon. that would be one long game.
    1650-2156-8278

I think it would defeat the purpose of those Pokemon being especially rare if they were just readily available in game.
    I don't go to the Toys 'R' US events, the Gamestop events, etc. Mostly because I don't have the time to. I prefer the Wifi events because I'm much more likely to actually obtain whatever Pokemon. The only problem with me personally is that in order to do that, I have to fiddle with my internet connection, but oh well.

I say yes. I just don't see the point of not being able to catch every Pokemon in game. I think the trade idea where there are exclusive Pokemon to each game but maybe they can add a function to make it possible to catch the event Pokemon but not to make it easy. An example would be to catch certain Pokemon go to a certain location fill certain events to unlock them, maybe make them catch-able after beating the battle tower or subway. That would make these places more interesting in beating.

Though I never do see the day where game freak will make it possible to capture the event Pokemon in game just wouldn't make sense from their point of view.

Actually several Pokémon events that have no "close" date mainly on how they're given out, as They part of another game. Check Serebii net for more info on each game, as Joe has done a page on how to get each event Pokémon.

3rd Gen
    Celebi(JP)/Jirachi(USA) - Pokémon Colloseam Bonus disk. Limited run of this "game" and required you to have the Ruby and Sapphire of the games language.

Jirachi (Europe) - Pokémon Channel. Also limited run of this game and it also required you to have the Ruby and Sapphire of an European Language.

4th Gen
    Manaphy(and by extension: Phione) - Pokémon Ranger (Outside Japan). The Game is now out of print, and I believe that second hand games can not help you here. I didn't test on getting a second. You need to complete the game to get Manaphy.

Phione/Mew - My Pokémon Ranch - still available as a WiiWare Download. You need Diamond and Pearl, and lots of Pokémon, It's possible to get more than 1 of each, if you're willing to Delete your save file.

Given the DSi and 3DS (and the XLs) wifi Capabilites today being able to connect to a home Wifi set up is easier than with the DS and DS lite, especially for the 5th gen. Some People may Trade their Pokémon in the wifi forums.

Shutting - this is going to be a whine thread which never turn out nice.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)