Thread: Team Agent Orange (Wifi OU Sun Offense)

Default Team Agent Orange (Wifi OU Sun Offense)

So I've been meaning to make a Sun team for ages now, and I've finally gotten down to it. While most people view Sun as outclassed by Rain, I personally disagree. For one, there's a lot of powerful Fire-type sweepers who enjoy the 50% boost to their STABs. Two, Heatran. HEATRAN!

Anyways, since I already did a team themed around the Dead Kennedys, that leaves Agent Orange next in line. Hey, who knows, maybe I'll get around to Minor Threat one of these days.

Also, yeah, I know Seek and Destroy is really a Metallica song, but Agent Orange covered it so **** you.

Seek and Destroy
    Heatran @ Passho Berry
    Flash Fire - Timid
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Magma Storm
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)

"Scannin' the scene in the city tonight
    We're lookin' for you, to start up the fight

There's an evil feelin' in our brains
    But it's nothin' new, no, it drives us insane!"

I've always loved Flame Charge Heatran, but this is a Sun team, and there's no reason NOT to use Heatran as a weather trapper. To be honest, when I first saw this set, I was skeptical, but then I tried it. It kicks ***. Politoed gets raped when I cancel his Rain and trap it with Magma Storm. Similarly, Specially Defensive Tyranitar gets 2HKO'd by Hidden Power (Fighting) after I cancel his precious Sp. Def boost and trap it with Magma Storm. Magma Storm is a great move as it traps the opponent's weather starter and prevents it from switching out. After that I use Sunny Day to cancel out their weather and then Solarbeam Politoed out of existance and murder Tyranitar with Hidden Power (Fighting). Abomasnow and Hippowdown are jokes, with the former's double Fire weakness and the latter's pitiful Sp. Def, in fact Hippowdon I can go straight for the kill on with one of my other sweepers. Oh, and I'm using Passho Berry to survive an attack from Politoed while I trap it.

Breakdown
    Ninetales @ Life Orb
    Drought - Timid
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Solarbeam
    -Fire Blast
    -Nasty Plot
    -Hidden Power (Ice)

"They want us to tell them what to burn into the groove
    So we're just gonna sit here and let them make the first move"

So, after Heatran has eliminated opposing weather starters, I need some permanent weather of my own. In spite of what it says on Smogon, I want my weather starter to maintain some offensive presence, since I don't really need to win weather wars with it. Nasty Plot gives me a decent Sp. Atk stat after which I can fire off powerful Fire Blasts, using Solarbeam to crush Water types and Hidden Power Ice for Dragons. Opposing Fire types are still a problem, but there's an app... Well, a Dugtrio for that.

The Last Goodbye

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
    Arena Trap - Jolly
    252 Attack, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Reversal
    -Earthquake
    -Momento
    -Sucker Punch

"I shake my head, I don't know what to say
    I see my chance to turn and walk away
    I will not be a part of this romance
    I just can't take that chance because
    I see my opportunity to shout
    The Last Goodbye"

Dugtrio's got a simple job; trap opposing Fire types and absolutely destroy them. He also helps KO Tyranitar that carry Superpower. Earthquake is a good STAB that hurts Fire types a lot, and Reversal + Focus Sash is a pretty cool gimmick. Sucker Punch is priority I guess. And then Momento is why I love Dugtrio so much. After he does his job, I can sacrifice him to give a sweeper a free turn to set up.

Unsafe At Any Speed
    Charizard @ Choice Scarf
    Solar Power - Timid
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Hidden Power (Ground)
    -Air Slash
    -Solarbeam

"What moves beyond these walls
    Won't get far without abusing all the laws

I'll tell you why -
    We are unsafe at any speed!"

OMG HE'S USING CHARIZARD WHAT A NOOB!!!
    No, really, this thing kicks ***. Hands down the funnest revengekiller I've ever used, plus it's ****ing amazing to say "haha, I swept your team with Charizard". Despite being generally terrible including a double Rock weakness, Charizard has a redeeming quality; Solar Power allows him to get a boost equivelant to Choice Specs at the cost of the same HP loss of a Life Orb. This lets him run a Choice Scarf and pretty much kill stuff. Fire Blast is his primary weapon. A STAB base 120 power move boosted by Solar Power and the Sun HURTS, even things that resist it. In fact, the other moves are really just filler, besides Hidden Power (Ground) to hit Heatran and his Flash Fire buddies.

Bloodstains
    Terrakion @ Leftovers
    Justified - Jolly
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Substitute
    -Sword's Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge

"Bloodstains! Speed kills! Fast cars! Cheap thrills!
    Rich Girls! Fine wine! I've lost my sense, I've lost control, I've lost my mind!"

Terrakion gives me some physical muscle and generally sweeps stuff. His powerful STAB Close Combats can rip through entire teams all on his own. After realizing how much is weak to this monster, I decided to use it myself. Substutite blocks status and makes him harder to revengekill, after which he can set up a Sword's Dance to make his great Attack insane. Close Combat and Stone Edge get nearly perfect coverage, only missing out on obscure lower-tier threats like Golurk.

A Cry For Help In A World Gone Mad
    Claydol @ Leftovers
    Levitate - Relaxed
    252 HP, 128 Defence, 128 Sp. Def
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin

And sometimes when you lie to me, sometimes I lie to you
    And there isn't a thing you could possibly do
    All these half-destroyed lives aren't as bad as they seem
    Then I see blood and I hear people SCREAM
    And I wake up, and it's just another bad dream

As suggested by Soul_Fly, Claydol solves my spinner problem perfectly with very balanced bulk. Earthquake and Ice Beam give him a little bit of offensive presence as well, hurting things that are weak to it. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock (Derp) and then Rapid Spin is why I'm carrying him in the first place. No big long description for this one, I'm still getting the hang of using it.

So that's it, enjoy!

Last edited by Divine Retribution; 25th January 2013 at 2:37 AM.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

No seriously. I can see it working but it's still gimmicky as hell. Solar Power just makes him easier to Revenge (WHY doesn't Charizard get Extremespeed Gamefreak? WHY). Though I agree the Attack potential is monstrous (It even kills 252/252 Lickilicky in the sun Damnit!) but your reliability of getting off a hit is low as hell. as he's weak to everything fire types are ... and more. Any Base 100+ Spe Scarfer with any decent STAB will kill it. Doesn't even need to be 2x or a 4x effective move (after rocks). And Scarfing also seems really counterproductive as at best you'll only net one revenge with correct prediction and you wouldn't be able to reliably come back in a Second Time. And not to mention he's just a plain liability in weather wars since he cannot function in any effective manner without the Sun.
    But if you think you can live with that I wouldn't argue. It's effective.

In it's place I'll suggest a bulky QD Volcarona. Yes I know. Same 50% business. but he's worth every rapid Spin you have to make..
    Click for Set
        Spoiler:

If you choose to take that bit of Advice, it will leave you without a reliable revengekiller, so I suggest changing that SubDance Terrakion to a Scarf terrakion. Although It isn't necessary really. I have been using a team without revenge killers for a month now and it's great. but seeing that your team shares common weaknesses you should keep a scarfer handy.

As for your Spinner Problem I think I may have just the the right Pokemon.
    Claydol.
    It's perfect for a sun team.
    It resists both Stone Edge and Earthquake due to it's typing and Ability which is a BIG boon to an EdgeQuake weak team like this. Plus it has both decent Physical and Special Bulk means it can sponge all kinds of Hits, PLUS it's psychic typing makes it a perfect Terrakion and **insert all the close combat/superpower spammers** counter for your team. You can go for a mix Defense EVs set or a purely Specially defensive EV set. Both work excellently.

One Problem though: Gengar and Jellicent. You'll need to take these two out reliably. And unlike Donphan it cannot Phaze.

Claydol@Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Nature: Sassy/Relaxed/Careful (depending on how you want to spread the bulk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam / Toxic
    Feel Free to Engage a certain Soul_Fly on Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown!
    You'll likely end up getting free ladder points due to my constant tendency to test out gimmicky teams.

LAWL. Lucario RULEZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Fly View Post

No seriously. I can see it working but it's still gimmicky as hell. Solar Power just makes him easier to Revenge (WHY doesn't Charizard get Extremespeed Gamefreak? WHY). Though I agree the Attack potential is monstrous (It even kills 252/252 Lickilicky in the sun Damnit!) but your reliability of getting off a hit is low as hell. as he's weak to everything fire types are ... and more. Any Base 100+ Spe Scarfer with any decent STAB will kill it. Doesn't even need to be 2x or a 4x effective move (after rocks). And Scarfing also seems really counterproductive as at best you'll only net one revenge with correct prediction and you wouldn't be able to reliably come back in a Second Time. And not to mention he's just a plain liability in weather wars since he cannot function in any effective manner without the Sun.
    But if you think you can live with that I wouldn't argue. It's effective.

In it's place I'll suggest a bulky QD Volcarona. Yes I know. Same 50% business. but he's worth every rapid Spin you have to make..
    Click for Set
        Spoiler:

If you choose to take that bit of Advice, it will leave you without a reliable revengekiller, so I suggest changing that SubDance Terrakion to a Scarf terrakion. Although It isn't necessary really. I have been using a team without revenge killers for a month now and it's great. but seeing that your team shares common weaknesses you should keep a scarfer handy.

As for your Spinner Problem I think I may have just the the right Pokemon.
    Claydol.
    It's perfect for a sun team.
    It resists both Stone Edge and Earthquake due to it's typing and Ability which is a BIG boon to an EdgeQuake weak team like this. Plus it has both decent Physical and Special Bulk means it can sponge all kinds of Hits, PLUS it's psychic typing makes it a perfect Terrakion and **insert all the close combat/superpower spammers** counter for your team. You can go for a mix Defense EVs set or a purely Specially defensive EV set. Both work excellently.

One Problem though: Gengar and Jellicent. You'll need to take these two out reliably. And unlike Donphan it cannot Phaze.
    Lolyus.

Tried out Claydol, I'm actually thoroughly impressed with how well he works, so I'm replacing Donphan. I'm still testing out Volcarona > Charizard.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

No Chlorophyll users makes me pretty sad lol. Anyways I see you want a physical presence for your sweeper so why not Physical Venusaur or Sawsbuck? They aren't prone to getting revenge killed other than priority while Terrakion can be taken out with all the speed in OU. Sawsbuck has respectable coverage in Nature Power / Horn Leech / Return which provides good neutral coverage on just about everything it should be hitting and with a SD boost, it's an absolute pain to take out. Physical Venusaur is a bit more lacking but has more bulk and access to Sleep Powder along with Growth to run a mixed set to break through walls. I also think Dugtrio is well...almost useless tbh here. Heatran does Duggy's main job here in weather trapping and if you really want to really breakthrough, I'd suggest a Choice Darmanitan. Yes, it's Darmanitan but slap a Choice Band on it and if it doesn't 4x resist or is outright immune to it, it's pretty much going to die. It breaks walls like absolutely nothing. Jellicent is OHKO'd in Sun with SR damage. It's power is really frightening and terrorizes defensive teams to the point of oblivion. Scarf gives you a decent revenge killer out speeding pretty muh all non-choice or boosted mons but lacks the power to just shatter things. Yeah. **** advice but hey, guess it's better than nothing lol.

Glad that helped, and I agree with Atrocious. a Chlorophyll abuser would be nice. Plus you'll have something to ward of those Hydro Pump spams in Weather Wars. Because right now it hits everyone in your team super effectively.

Venusaur is Venusaur Highly Annoying and almost uber under the sun. Sawsbuck is pretty Sub standard in OU and brings along a fighting weakness which doesn't help since Heatran and Terrakion already take super effective damage from it, along with water type moves.

but then, It doesn't matter, if you play your trap offense right with heatran it doesn't matter. Beware higher up the ladder though.
    Feel Free to Engage a certain Soul_Fly on Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown!
    You'll likely end up getting free ladder points due to my constant tendency to test out gimmicky teams.

LAWL. Lucario RULEZZ

YES YOU WANT VENASAUR OMG
    Venasaur@Life Orb/Leftovers
    EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spd; 4 SpD
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    -Giga Drain
    -HP Fire/Sludge Bomb
    -Sleep Powder/Sludge Bomb/HP Fire
    -Growth
    Credit to Astral Shadow!