Thread: Owl City: The Club for all the Citizens

Lightbulb Owl City: The Club for all the Citizens

Welcome to the Owl City Club, where we can discuss Owl City (aka Adam Young) and all its (his) songs! Yes, even if they are 4-5+ years old.
    So all you Citizens are welcome here (but try not to call yourselves "Hoot Owls" too often). And we should be having Good Times.

A (Very) Brief History

Owl City was created by Adam Young, who was experimenting with music in a basement. Most people know him by the song Fireflies, which was his only song in the US Top 40 before Good Time (no. 8). Also, Owl City is ONE person, though commonly mistaken for a band because of the City part...

And now, the rules!

1. All SPPf Rules Apply - Read them before ANYTHING!!!
    2. No fakers - If you don't like it, you don't like it. Don't fake it.
    3. No Flaming/Trolling/Bashing - Be nice and considerate, please.
    4. No One-Liners - Read the announcement (One-Liners, Spam, and Ham)/sticky! Make your posts LENGTHY!
    5. Have Fun - Kinda self-explanitary. Make sure that it's always a Good Time!

To sign up, copy and paste this form, fill it in, and then post it.
    For the nickname part just put in a name that we can call you...because the "Name" thing in a lot of forms seems unnecessary and kind of useless xP
    HTML Code:
    [B]Nickname:[/B]
    [B]Favorite Song by OC:[/B]
    [B]Why you like OC:[/B]

Like so:

Nickname: Frost
    Favorite Song by OC: Good Time
    Why you like OC: His songs are unique, and ever since my school played Fireflies, I loved it.

Spoiler:

1st Strike = Warning
    2nd Strike = 1 Day Ban
    3rd Strike = 1 Week Ban
    4th Strike = Month Ban + Report
    5th Strike = PermaBan + Report

Mods may hand out Warnings, Admins Week Bans, and Owners everything (obviously).

And hopefully we'll never get to even the first strike, much less the fifth.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 14th February 2013 at 3:53 AM.

Nickname: Dtail
    Favorite Song by OC: The Sal****er Room
    Why you like OC: I have a thing for OC. It has a different tempo and mood for each song, and I like the "natural" themes of some of the Ocean Eyes tracks.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Nickname: Dtail
    Favorite Song by OC: The Sal****er Room
    Why you like OC: I have a thing for OC. It has a different tempo and mood for each song, and I like the "natural" themes of some of the Ocean Eyes tracks.
    Welcome to the club City! Enjoy your time here ^_^

And yes, Ocean Eyes was naturaly.

Nickname:Tini
    Favorite Song by OC:Plant Life
    Why you like OC:I like OC because of his style of music, and it's one of my favourites~

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    Nickname:Tini
    Favorite Song by OC:Plant Life
    Why you like OC:I like OC because of his style of music, and it's one of my favourites~
    Welcome to the City! Enjoy your time here!

Anyone feel free to make a topic...

Ah, why not?

Nickname: SM, May or just calling me by my full username is good too.
    Favorite Song by OC: Hmm... Kamikaze is one song I constantly repeat so I'll go with that one!
    Why you like OC: His songs make me feel like I have marshmallows in my mouth. When his album All Things Bright and Beautiful came out, I went and bought a bag of marshmallows to eat while I listen. Unfortunately the songs weren't like the past albums but still enjoyable nevertheless.

If you guys want a topic, uhh what is your favorite music video by Owl City?

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Nickname: Cricky
    Favorite Song by OC: So...hard.....i'm going to go with The Real World, but I love the entire All Things Bright and Beautiful album.
    Why you like OC: Because it's different and special and pretty and epic and amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May View Post
    Ah, why not?

Favorite Song by OC: Hmm... Kamikaze is one song I constantly repeat so I'll go with that one!
    Why you like OC: His songs make me feel like I have marshmallows in my mouth. When his album All Things Bright and Beautiful came out, I went and bought a bag of marshmallows to eat while I listen. Unfortunately the songs weren't like the past albums but still enjoyable nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
    Nickname: Cricky
    Favorite Song by OC: So...hard.....i'm going to go with The Real World, but I love the entire All Things Bright and Beautiful album.
    Why you like OC: Because it's different and special and pretty and epic and amazing!
    Both of you, Welcome to ze City!

Ah, marshmallows. :3

Favorite Music Video? I can't really decide or rather, remember, I spend too little time on YT...but I love that part in the Good Time video where Jepsen tried making a slushie, couldn't stop the machine, and ended up with a pile of orange ice on the platform thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May View Post
    Ah, why not?

I would have to say Good TIme. I really like how it was portrayed, and the song was very good :P

Nickname: Apollo
    Favorite Song by OC: It's so hard to choose... But I think I have to go with Fireflies, since its the song that got me into Owl City.
    Why you like OC: I just love his whimsical lyrics, and his melodies are always upbeat and a refreshing change of pace from the rest of music that's out there.

Spoiler:- credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo77 View Post
    Nickname: Apollo
    Favorite Song by OC: It's so hard to choose... But I think I have to go with Fireflies, since its the song that got me into Owl City.
    Why you like OC: I just love his whimsical lyrics, and his melodies are always upbeat and a refreshing change of pace from the rest of music that's out there.
    Welcome to the City!

Guys, I just came back from my school Pasta Party, and there were little 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders singing Good Time ^_^ Unfortunately, they were singing very quietly D: But hey, I sang along (so did the person next to the person next to me (they didn't know a few parts, I memorized the whole thing)) and had a blast Gangnam Styling.

Now also @the Topic, I forgot to mention the one for When Can I See You Again. It starts with him inserting a coin into the machine (awesome) and soon he's IN the game! That song is pretty cool too.

Nickname: Leafeon
    Favorite Song by OC: Hey Anna (Dun kill meh XDDDD)
    Why you like OC: I started liking Owl City just recently, after my friend Jesspikapal showed me the song "Hey Anna". x) But anyway, I just like how the songs sound very unique than other songs I've heard. (Which is amazingly surprising) ^-^;

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Nickname: Leafeon
    Favorite Song by OC: Hey Anna (Dun kill meh XDDDD)
    Why you like OC: I started liking Owl City just recently, after my friend Jesspikapal showed me the song "Hey Anna". x) But anyway, I just like how the songs sound very unique than other songs I've heard. (Which is amazingly surprising) ^-^;
    ...I had to search that up. I'd never heard of it before. xD But hey, Welcome to the City!

Hey Anna reminds me of Strawberry Avalanche for some reason.

Nickname: Drizzle
    Why you like OC: I just think their songs are catchy and fun to listen to.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Nickname: Drizzle
    Why you like OC: I just think his* songs are catchy and fun to listen to.
    Welcome to the City!
    Guys let's get some posts in here... :P

*inserted topic gone*
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 3rd February 2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: rephrase

Mine was fireflies by owl city. It is a song that came on the radio all the time. At first I didn't like it but then it grew on me.

Credit to me

Mine was Fireflies as well. It's probably the same for most of us, I heard it on the radio and the moment I got home I looked up Owl City on iTunes. Not long after this, I bought Ocean Eyes. To this day Fireflies is the most-listened to song on my iPod. :P

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post

What was the first song you listened to by Owl City THAT LEFT AN IMPRESSION? =D
    I first heard Fireflies. While it was a good song, it didn't leave that much an impression on me. I was curious about its other songs, so I looked them up. Believe it or not, the LESSER-KNOWN songs are what left an impression on me. My IPod is full of unknown Owl City songs now.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Okay okay to avoid too many Fireflies I'll rephrase this again:

What was the first song from Owl City that you loved AND WASN'T FIREFLIES?

Fireflies! XD Hmm, I think I'll have to go with Dental Care. When I listened to Ocean Eyes, this was the song that stood out the most to me. It's such a simple little song, but it's so good! The lyrics are so light-hearted, more than any of his other songs. It's one of my favorite songs to play on the piano, too.

Nickname:Cat
    Favorite Song by OC:This is a really hard one but can I say it's a tie between The Yacht Club/Honey and the Bee/Speed of Love/Dementia/Explorers etc? xD
    Why you like OC:His music is really creative and different, I love the word choices and lyrics he creates and most of his songs just give off a very fun/upbeat vibe that I really enjoy.

~Credit goes to Mew_ for the banner

Oi!!!! lololokokoooo~ Me and Jess's cracky thing ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousCatastrophe View Post
    Nickname:Cat
    Favorite Song by OC:This is a really hard one but can I say it's a tie between The Yacht Club/Honey and the Bee/Speed of Love/Dementia/Explorers etc? xD
    Why you like OC:His music is really creative and different, I love the word choices and lyrics he creates and most of his songs just give off a very fun/upbeat vibe that I really enjoy.
    Welcome to the City ^_^!

Oh and as for the topic that I never answered...

Dreams Don't Turn to Dust was a song that I just loved the first time I heard it. I was bored half to death in class and started drumming my fingers against the desk as if it were a keyboard...

I also made a userbar about it, but Dust became Smoke due to Musharna not having Dust pouring out of the hole in its head :P

Another song was Strawberry Avalanche. Got it stuck in my head, memorized the whole thing, was my favorite for a little while.

In reply to the topic....

I'd have to say Deer in the headlights XD that was when I first started listening to OC, and just came across it and went OMG this is awesome :P Still my favourite to this day~!

Nickname: Shymain
    Favorite Song by OC: I would have to say either Fireflies or Vanilla Twilight...
    Why you like OC: He's an EPIC songwriter!

Quote Originally Posted by Shymain View Post
    Nickname: Shymain
    Favorite Song by OC: I would have to say either Fireflies or Vanilla Twilight...
    Why you like OC: He's an EPIC songwriter!
    Welcome to the City!

@Tini: Yep that one too, though its music video is kinda strange...either way, I still made a userbar about it so it is one of my favorites ^_^