Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should the level limit be set at 100?

Default Should the level limit be set at 100?

I think they could let it go a bit higher, IMO.

Saaatoshi!

It's hard enough to get to 100, imagine going to like, 150 or 200. I think 100 in just fine. Plus, stats would be outa control.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

When I first played Pokemon I thought it was unlimited, like some online RPG games. But I prefer that it stay with the current limit at 100.

If there were not a final level, we would never stop of collecting experience or, it would be no use as if you had in certain battles the option to lower the Pokemon's levels temporarily.

If there was no cap, then there would have to be infinite evolutions, and that would lead to a Bakugan/Digimon situation, plus GF would have to add tons of coding, you would eventually have an insane Bidoof, etc...

What's wrong with 100, exactly?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

In all truth, it's been set at 100 for so long. Before I started playing Pokemon, it was still set at 100. There's no need to add more, not that I really care. If the stats get out of control with them though, they could always be balanced out by the out-of-control stats of its opponent. It's good as it is, no need to change anything.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

If the stats got out of control, it would still keep balanced theorically because it was going to be out of control for all the Pokemons.

Anyways, I still think that we don't have higher Levels than 100 because it is more a matter of collecting experience.

I can count how many times one of my Pokemons reached Level 100, if there were a higher top level, it was going to be more long and rare reaching the final level.

100 is a nice round number for the level system to stop at. There's not much reason to go higher. That would just be inconvenient, and slighly annoying. And the games would have to be A LOT bigger too. I mean, they would have to put places in the games with wilds and trainers around 100 for training, right? I imagine trying to train up to lvl 200 or whatever in lvl 70/80 pokémon would get REALLY old REALLY fast. Specially with B/W experience system.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

In all the years I've played Pokemon, I've never had a Pokemon reach level 100. It's hard enough to get there as it is, I think 100 is good level limit.

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

I don't care much the lvl limit, but with 100 is good for me.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

100 is fine.
    Hail zee master Arceus!

Level 100 is a nice number, anything else would be awkward. Plus- level 100 is a big number as it is, as far as training goes.

i think so also my zekrom has a 423 Attack stat imagine that at level 200
    sweet mother arceus thats amazing

3DS FC: 5000-3615-6054 IGN-Hyori
    MY BLACK FC: 4642 5240 8797
    My black2 FC 5415 8754 8627

I'm an event hunter If you've got events Pm me ,shinies welcome

100 is a nice, even number, and it's reasonably close to the level your Pokemon end up as by the end of the game, so I see no reason to change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

No doubt they should stick to 100 levels. Like others have said it's such a beautiful round number and it's not too high or too low.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

And is there something wrong with 100?

People EV train their Pokemon, then often Rare Candy them to Level 100, because that's when EVs matter.
    Those of us who don't have all those Rare Candies may go battle the Elite 4, repeatedly battle Audino/Chansey/whatever, or something else.

200--do you think people would want to battle a million Audino? Would they want to keep going through E4 battles?

Well I wouldn't. 100 is a good number, and at that level you're already overpowering everything.

I think the level limit is perfect. Anymore would be annoying to train up to.

I think 100 is fine... It's what you really need to get past all the battles, so I have no problem with it... xD Until the day when Elite Four battles consist of level 100 Pokemon, I don't think the rules will change. xD

Reminds me of how this kid back when I was 8 would tell me that all his Pokémon were level 255 or something, funny because I believed him at the time.
    I think 100 is a nice limit.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Level 100 is already high enough. lately the games sorta pushing me to level up more b/c of the strong trainers w/ level 70-80 pokemon.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I think it would be interesting but, it'll never happen.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

From personal experience alone, I say that the cap should stay at level 100. It is hard enough to train up to it as it is. I ended up going through the Elite Four nearly 50 times to get my main pokemon party from around Level 70 to 100 in Diamond (it didn't help that I had two Uber legendaries on my team, either). My party in White is around Level 80 and I don't feel like training them to 100 because of how long it took in Diamond.

I can't think of any reason for the lvl cap to be higher. You already don't need max lvl pokemon to beat the elite 4.
    Problematic Paranormal Files

The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: Mantis Shrimp have 16 different color receptors (cones), while humans have 3.

The cap is good enough as it is. Having an extra 50 or 100 levels would merely result in meaningless grinding, since most Pokemon are able to function well already. Of course, this is given that the EXP curve continues its current trend.

I'd rather have 10 EV-trained Level 100 Pokemon with good IVs than 1 Level 300 Pokemon. Personal preference.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast